Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
If Josy winds up being kicked out of her dorm, that'll be the beginning of the end for the M/J relationship. Even the way you explained it there sounded like someone else deciding where she would live. This isn't the same frightened Josy that felt threatened by Maya and the MC being attracted to each other. She's going to resent it.

Also, if Maya is the one to suggest the 'boyfriend' plan, or just blurts it out in front of her Father, I think there's going to be consequences from an MC on the Just Friends or Rejected path. A couple of MC's other LI's are bound to react poorly if they hear another girl is going around claiming that MC is their 'boyfriend', and it's just the kind of melodramatic situation that DPC would come up with.
I don't think that Josy going to live with the HOTs while Maya stays in the dorm is necessarily "the beginning of the end", or at least it doesn't have to be that way. If it did and there's nothing we can do about it, then it gets back to what I saying about the game is explicitly teasing a throuple path and there should be a way to achieve it for those that want it, but if DPC makes it impossible becuase of unavoidable plot moments, well than that's not good game design.

In any case, if we were to see this happen where the Dad doesn't find out about Josy and she goes to live with the HOTs, I feel like it will either be a mutual decision of Josy will suggest it herself. It doesn't have to spell doom for the relationship, at least not on the throuple path, because just because they don't get to be in the same room with each other doesn't mean they can't still see each other frequently, they just have to be more careful about it. Sure, the sneaking around could put stress on their relationship because Maya would probably not want to go the HOT house since Quinn is there, the MC could have them at the DIK mansion but then there's that "walk of shame" stuff, and Maya's Dad could show up at any time to her room, but perhaps this is the point, to bring them once again to that breaking point and on the non-throuple path this is what would open up solo paths, and on the throuple path there will be a way to resolve it such that the MC, Maya, and Josy can be together more openly.

Take that "family dinner" idea, for example. If the MC stands up for Maya against her Dad and maybe even outs the throuple, this allows them to not worry about Maya's Dad catching them in the room because they're not hiding it anymore. On the non-throuple, it endears him more towards Maya which could count towards a Maya route, but if he doesn't stand up for her then it would count against a Maya route, or he could refuse to go and opt to spend time with Josy instead which counts towards a solo path for her.

Had to go deeper. There is a French word "sage", which means a wisdom. Pronounced as /saj/. And she can easily have french roots in her family. We don't know.
But we do know because these are native English speaking characters in a native English speaking country which they pronounce the way native English speakers would.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He literally knows Josy, so if he sees her the gig's up, regardless of the mc posing as a boyfriend or anything. Maya needs a totally different girl to temporarily pose as her roommate. It's too late though, the two of them (Maya and Josy), are gonna walk in on him while he's waiting in their dorm room. They're gonna get caught, it's gonna cause some angst, the MC will arbitrate, make some asskicking speech like he did to the DIKs while standing on the stairs (too bad there are no stairs in Maya's room), they'll all hug it out and the dad will leave with a new found understanding and greater tolerance for diversity... or not...
the fact that the father is there already means that he knows something.
it is not certain that they will still find him in the room when they return, the timing between the various scenes is not clear. therefore the fight could be postponed
but the father already knows, it's too late to hide anything.

it is unthinkable that he will break into his daughter's room for a surprise check, thus revealing among other things that he has the room key, for no real reason

I don't know about the consequences. if Maya still falls under the paternal authority for me the relationship with Josy ends definitively.

the perfect conclusion, I have already said several times, would be that Maya with the emotional support of Josy and MC is able to assert her reasons with her father, even not immediately that evening. but it certainly will not.

will father drag Maya away from BR? possible but really anachronistic, if Maya started screaming her father would end up in jail in a moment
Will the father have a physical confrontation with MC? (after having attacked Maya or Josy) this is also possible, so MC will have to undergo a trial sooner or later ..
will someone lose their life? impossible, DPC has changed, in BADIK we laugh and joke

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
the fact that the father is there already means that he knows something.
it is not certain that they will still find him in the room when they return, the timing between the various scenes is not clear. therefore the fight could be postponed
but the father already knows, it's too late to hide anything.

it is unthinkable that he will break into his daughter's room for a surprise check, thus revealing among other things that he has the room key, for no real reason

I don't know about the consequences. if Maya still falls under the paternal authority for me the relationship with Josy ends definitively.

the perfect conclusion, I have already said several times, would be that Maya with the emotional support of Josy and MC is able to assert her reasons with her father, even not immediately that evening. but it certainly will not.

will father drag Maya away from BR? possible but really anachronistic, if Maya started screaming her father would end up in jail in a moment
Will the father have a physical confrontation with MC? (after having attacked Maya or Josy) this is also possible, so MC will have to undergo a trial sooner or later ..
will someone lose their life? impossible, DPC has changed, in BADIK we laugh and joke
It's all moot anyway. He wouldn't be allowed a key...wouldn't even be allowed to wander around aimlessly during term-time etc. Hell, even teachers have no authority to be near the dorms without good reason.

As for paternal authority...she in college..she is 18. He has no authority over her. Just more...well...I won't say it again, I upset too many sensitive people around here with criticisms over this VN's plot.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
from chapter 3 onwards it may be so. but previously it doesn't make much sense to me as an explanation.

the second time she meets MC, the appointment at her house is in fact a goodbye, she invites him to tell him that she will go away forever, so Mc cannot solve her loneliness problem if she will Leave.

it's comforting sex, there's nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn't embellish it too much.

this fear of being alone is an understandable feeling, but I do not find it so consistent with Josy's character, Maya feels that she has abandoned her, with the concern of admission to college she says goodbye to Mc at the first opportunity. behaviors that I do not expect from those who are afraid of being alone, perhaps rather of a person who is afraid of being left and prefers to be the one to leave, to say goodbye. I don't think it's the same

I realize that I have written it really badly ...
No, I never believed that moving away story. She even scoffs at the idea of going away during the conversation they have on the couch. And during the dinner she tells the MC that she fears that her Father doesn't love her anymore, now that he has Monica. Also, she never says goodbye in that scene, the MC is about to say goodbye when she invites him into bed. I think you are misreading the whole scene.

Reactions: Gladheim

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's all moot anyway. He wouldn't be allowed a key...wouldn't even be allowed to wander around aimlessly during term-time etc. Hell, even teachers have no authority to be near the dorms without good reason.

As for paternal authority...she in college..she is 18. He has no authority over her. Just more...well...I won't say it again, I upset too many sensitive people around here with criticisms over this VN's plot.

I am Italian, in Italy there are no rules that cannot be circumvented. even if the BADIK universe were similar I wouldn't be surprised.

he could have obtained the keys more or less legally, he could have asked someone at the porter's lodge for courtesy to carry his daughter's luggage and then made a copy, he could have handed some money to someone who works at the BR.. I don't know and I don't know if it will ever be explained to us

apart from in USA that there is the issue of weapons, I do not think that dormitories in general are particularly guarded, from my experience I would say that in Italy and Spain there is enough freedom of maneuver.

when I spoke of paternal authority I was not referring to legal protection, but to the influence that the father's will can have on the daughter, and being of age is not enough to get rid of it, and in general Maya has always been quite weak temperamentally. Would she be able to say no to her father? because in the end she should only do that.

I understand your doubts about the coherence of this game, but to "live it" I have to believe what I am told, I give it the benefit of the doubt. then when there are episodes that go beyond I say it serenely (first season closing and Tybalt blackmail for now)

then that it's basically a soap opera I agree, but it also amuses me that way, so I don't expect its plot to be a clockwork mechanism in which everything fits perfectly

then if the worst happens you will be allowed to tell me "I told you so" :(

p.s. the worst is clearly the death of a Li replaced in an act of piety by DPC by KRJ, let me burn ...

Reactions: Maviarab

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Honestly if Maya Blurts out the MC her boyfriend and the MC was rejected I'd like him to deliever a line to the effect "I was" or "not anymore" rather than out right saying it isn't true.

but yeah I think the Consequences should be intresting, especially given on the friend/rejection route you tell Quinn, in front of Sage, she couldn't be more wrong about Maya being "your soon to be girlfriend"
This could very well be a major choice in the episode. Does the MC lie, so as not to reveal Maya in front of her Father? Or does he tell the truth?

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

You're right he has not legal authority over her, but he's blackmailing her by withholding the tuition funds. She could so easily sue him if she wanted to take it so far against her dad, and by the sounds of it he needs a fucking wake up call.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
ok after a nice needed sleep and the " I hope Jill is not my aunt cause I really want to have sex with her one day in the possible future " route (just kidding)being done, I think the MC will have a hard time sneaking around with Jill, just as much on the flip side as him sneaking around with Josy/Maya or both, and not to cause worry I think 7 will be the episode that makes or breaks the rest of the game, imo of course.. it could be that the Maya/Dad storyline resolves itself nice or not, the Jill I dont want you to go to jail because of that shit eating grin watermelon loving Tibby, the truth about Bellas husband will come out, Sage don't know yet since her play through is next ;) Quinn I think will be an honorary 6th LI because ( I did something naughty on the Jill route teehee) helping her out and the sex that followed, seeing her vulnerable with out make up (which I think she looks beautiful) its going to spicy.

Derek bro, I want the MC to help him with his girl troubles too.. that glimmer of seriousness as they talk on the couch just adds a lot more to his character. Oh! something I caught the second time when they were playing spin the vibrator and Quinn teases Tommy about Josy, "you guys aren't related right? so whats the problem" I hope thats not flesh out any but I could see some weird confession about him having some kind of attraction to her, with the old I hate her to hide my real feelings" ok long winded rant/thoughts done o_O

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You're right he has not legal authority over her, but he's blackmailing her by withholding the tuition funds. She could so easily sue him if she wanted to take it so far against her dad, and by the sounds of it he needs a fucking wake up call.
That's another point though isn't it. If he witholding funds he has saved for (physically paying for her)...then just apply for a grant/loan like everyone else does and be rid of him/the problem. The fact she won't/doesn't/can't...so makes her father an issue through her own actions...just makes a mockery of the whole plot. So many holes.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Oh! something I caught the second time when they were playing spin the vibrator and Quinn teases Tommy about Josy, "you guys aren't related right? so whats the problem" I hope thats not flesh out any but I could see some weird confession about him having some kind of attraction to her, with the old I hate her to hide my real feelings" ok long winded rant/thoughts done o_O
Hopefully that was more about Quinn messing with him and less about the fact that they aren't blood related.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
No, I never believed that moving away story. She even scoffs at the idea of going away during the conversation they have on the couch. And during the dinner she tells the MC that she fears that her Father doesn't love her anymore, now that he has Monica. Also, she never says goodbye in that scene, the MC is about to say goodbye when she invites him into bed. I think you are misreading the whole scene.
js "I told myself that I would get accepted to B&R and that everything would be great again."
js "And I actually believed it. I almost took it for granted."
js "And now..."
js "I'm not going to get accepted. It's like the biggest blow to my psyche ever."
js "I get anxiety attacks when I think about it."
js "I can't breathe when I think of being stuck in this hole, living with dad and Monica for another year!"
js "I just have to get away from here and do something new and start all over."
mc "You miss feeling loved?"
js "More than anything..."
js "And now...I think of just cutting all ties and moving away."

for me this is a goodbye

Reactions: Maviarab
Mar 16, 2020
That's another point though isn't it. If he witholding funds he has saved for (physically paying for her)...then just apply for a grant/loan like everyone else does and be rid of him/the problem. The fact she won't/doesn't/can't...so makes her father an issue through her own actions...just makes a mockery of the whole plot. So many holes.
This was addressed in the story, if you got that far. Maya said she was cajoled / tricked into having him co-sign her loans, and now he was in control of the finances. I put addressed in italics because I would probably agree it still doesn't really make sense, but the dev made an attempt anyway. My understanding of co-signing loans means you can be held responsible for the loan recipient not paying back their loan, but it doesn't mean you have control of the loan relief itself. So....It's not a great explanation (unless my understanding of co-signing is wrong), but he also didn't ignore the obvious question of just getting student loans and grants.

Reactions: ename144

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
This was addressed in the story, if you got that far. Maya said she was cajoled / tricked into having him co-sign her loans, and now he was in control of the finances. I put addressed in italics because I would probably agree it still doesn't really make sense, but the dev made an attempt anyway. My understanding of co-signing loans means you can be held responsible for the loan recipient not paying back their loan, but it doesn't mean you have control of the loan relief itself. So....It's not a great explanation (unless my understanding of co-signing is wrong), but he also didn't ignore the obvious question of just getting student loans and grants.
Exactly. And college loan funds cannot be used for anything else. He is also breaking the law by witholding it for any reason. No matter which way you look at it, from what angle...it's so inconsistent and full of holes. This is my main issue with the die hards. So willing to overlook it's many flaws due to complete blind fanatacism.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
something I forgot to mention in my previous post was a main important one : we learn the mystery behind MC's maternal family. While I was replaying the birthday scene with his dad this thought popped into my head (yay another one) where the whole letter is stagged, I mean its real but its old and it could be that the dad already had those things but hidden along with the 5k which could have been a bribe "dont see our daughter anymore" kind of arrangement.

I think the MC will find something out in her diary in 7 that could make or break him, either that he's stupid rich now with proof that he's the heir to a fortune or that shes not dead, it could be a number of things but yeah we need something to happen to the MC as well that directly impacts him because to me the game up until now (depending on how you play it) has been "I'm the nice guy I want to rescue these girls from themselves" or the opposite "I wanna bone everyone" now the lawsuit could still happen and I want Derek to either defend him in court Matlock style or take the witness stand and give such a compelling testimony that the Judge ends the case right then and there. Maybe if his mom is still alive she will come out of the wood works to save him who knows.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Exactly. And college loan funds cannot be used for anything else. He is also breaking the law by witholding it for any reason. No matter which way you look at it, from what angle...it's so inconsistent and full of holes. This is my main issue with the die hards. So willing to overlook it's many flaws due to complete blind fanatacism.
My understanding would have been that any loans you take out for any purpose are typically made out (in a cheque or direct transfer) to the intended recipient, but after some research it seems that a lot of student loans are cash loans and there is an actual problem with people misusing their student loans for other purposes (just google "misusing student loans - it's a real issue but if Maya had the guts she could resolve it easily), so if this is possible in the real world, there's no reason why the dad couldn't have taken the funds and put them in his account. It means he's a total cunt, but it's a legitimate scenario.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
ok after a nice needed sleep and the " I hope Jill is not my aunt cause I really want to have sex with her one day in the possible future " route (just kidding)being done, I think the MC will have a hard time sneaking around with Jill, just as much on the flip side as him sneaking around with Josy/Maya or both, and not to cause worry I think 7 will be the episode that makes or breaks the rest of the game, imo of course.. it could be that the Maya/Dad storyline resolves itself nice or not, the Jill I dont want you to go to jail because of that shit eating grin watermelon loving Tibby, the truth about Bellas husband will come out, Sage don't know yet since her play through is next ;) Quinn I think will be an honorary 6th LI because ( I did something naughty on the Jill route teehee) helping her out and the sex that followed, seeing her vulnerable with out make up (which I think she looks beautiful) its going to spicy.

Derek bro, I want the MC to help him with his girl troubles too.. that glimmer of seriousness as they talk on the couch just adds a lot more to his character. Oh! something I caught the second time when they were playing spin the vibrator and Quinn teases Tommy about Josy, "you guys aren't related right? so whats the problem" I hope thats not flesh out any but I could see some weird confession about him having some kind of attraction to her, with the old I hate her to hide my real feelings" ok long winded rant/thoughts done o_O
Don't count on that Quinn theory. In fact I'm starting to suspect that Quinn may be DPC's way too kill an LI, without killing an actual LI.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I dont want you to go to jail because of that shit eating grin watermelon loving Tibby
Hey now, let's not cast aspersions on watermelon-loving folk. Let's hate Tibby for being a douche, not for enjoying the soft sweet delicacies of a moist and inviting watermelon.

Hopefully that was more about Quinn messing with him and less about the fact that they aren't blood related.
Nice work Quinn. It will make it all the sweeter after MC finally nails Heather and Tommy finds out his maggot son has cucked him with not only his love interest Quinn, but his "sister" Josy, and finally his girlfriend Heather. The trifecta (and my revenge) will be complete. After I get a good look at Tommy's mom, then there may be a fourth added to the equation.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Don't count on that Quinn theory. In fact I'm starting to suspect that Quinn may be DPC's way too kill an LI, without killing an actual LI.
If someone has to die (not that they do, but we're all anticipating it), Quinn is definitely the prime choice due to her lifestyle and associations.

Reactions: Arigon and Gladheim

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
possibly or at least put her in a coma after a gunshot wound and then forgotten I really dont want to see people getting killed in this game, it just doesn't seem right, I mean it's already flirting into dark territory with Quinn/Burke's prostitution ring/drug empire, a really wacky thing I just thought of... MC takes the bullet for Quinn and a major part of the episode in where it happens is all a dream sequence where, things aren't quite right and he needs to wake up in order to escape the madness.

Reactions: Razrback16
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes