lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
so I just got past the old folks home segment of episode 6 and I had a weird theory craft about it, wouldnt it be funny of the old lady that the MC talks to is his grandma? I mean we throw around speculations galore, figured I'd throw another one to the pile.
While there's nothing to disprove your hypothesis I lean towards not. If she were Neil's mum it's likely he'd already know her, if she were Lynette's mum she'd be more likely to have live in nurses imo.

I think she's just an old lady.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
Well, to me the idea of posing as the boyfriend of one to focus a little more on the relationship with that alone, I like it. Or they separate, Josy sleep with the Hots and Maya in their room
if that happens in 7 and the MC gets to choose its going to be Josy time, while I love Maya as a character she needs to chill for a bit and let the MC and Josy explore.

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Assuming DrPinkCake plans to finish Being a Dik in season 3. There would be 6 episodes to develop, it would take five or six months per episode, the time for the game to finish would be around 2 to 3 years. Long road ahead.
2 a 3 year to develop a game isn't bad, most indie games take that long, there games that even took more then 10 year to develop before they finaly released; most times game already in developing several years before the first news about are released. Ofcourse there also games that made in 2 a 3 months but then game developer either had alot help and many worked on it and testing been done pretty fast, like those covid games that sudden popped. But to say they great games is doubtfull.

Developing takes time, even just modding a game takes time, ok most times you using pre made models and all if the creator alows you to use them, but it still takes the coding and testing if you didn't break the game, that consumes time.

I don't mind waiting to see this game get finished, would love to see more chapters and episodes for sure and how the game twists and plots around. There not many VN out there that has the same quality or developers that keep going, most stop after 1 chapter or few episodes and makes you sad there could been done alot more with.

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Guys, I have a question. How to properly pronounce Sage's name? Up to this time I always called her /sage:/, but the right way to say it /seɪʤ/. Correct?
I have wondered that myself, I mostly prenounced it like the profession Sage from fantasy games and always thought it was more of a nickname then real name, but I don't know. Would be fun to find out if it her real name and why she named like that.

rj677

May 30, 2020
Bella isn't Psychotic, she's torn. We don't actually know anything about her husband other than he's not around. Any theories brought up about why are just conjecture.

To me she's emotionally in place were part of her wants to move on with her life and other part feels guilty about it. And she's trying not to admit to herself she has feelings for the MC other than lust. And it doesn't help he's like 20 years younger than her and she's a Teacher.

Saying she's crazy is dumb.
You are right, in my opinion Bella isnt psychotic. However people have theories about her because she fits the "DPC Wild Card Special" :HideThePain:.

Its conjecture, YES, but not impossible at this point. I see you are a Bella fan, but read Bellas and Jills dialogue about the closed room and when Bella talks about her husband and the scene Bella is in the bed with Jill... If you look/read the dialogue having former DPC experience (AL to be exact) you can see why those theories exist.

Thats the reason why Im on the fence when it comes to Bella.... I dont know if its worth it to go and invest on her because of the fear that she may be the hidden Wild Card Psycho of this game (after the Bella scene in ep6 Im definitely risking it :sneaky::sneaky:)

Having said that, she still is 3rd on my main LI list (After Sage and Quinn of course)... But thats not really an achievement seeing as Im fully out of M&J path and ep6 ruined Jill for me

Johnyboie

Jun 9, 2020
You are right, in my opinion Bella isnt psychotic. However people have theories about her because she fits the "DPC Wild Card Special" :HideThePain:.

Its conjecture, YES, but not impossible at this point. I see you are a Bella fan, but read Bellas and Jills dialogue about the closed room and when Bella talks about her husband and the scene Bella is in the bed with Jill... If you look/read the dialogue having former DPC experience (AL to be exact) you can see why those theories exist.
Well I'm pretty sure she is depressed and that's about it maybe James is the psychotic killer??

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
probably "indecision" is the wrong term. Josy in those occasions knows what she should do, what it would be right to do, but she always lets herself be carried away by passion. and this often leads her to say "inappropriate" things.
the same behavior on the part of MC is demolished (imagine Mc thinking about his relationship with Jill and then after some doubts having sex with Bella).

but I don't agree with you on the reason, we can't say that he does it for fear of losing them both, that can be worth the limit for the post chapter 4.
but as soon as she knows Mc, what fear can she have of losing him? when at that moment it is she who is about to leave both

we can say that Josy behaves sentimentally like MC the manwhore (not all games but many ..), with the aggravating circumstance that Josy believes / believed in a relationship with Maya. but unlike Mc, she always expresses these doubts in words and not in thoughts

here I think you are wrong.

that is a distinctive trait of Josy's personality that is shown and underlined from the beginning. Josy talks to everyone, gives everyone confidence. when she arrives in BR the first day she already becomes friends with Jill, even with Quinn she doesn't show any fear, she responds blow for blow.

let's say it's not a feature that in real life would drive me crazy, but it's consistent with the way the character was presented to us
I believe Josy when she says that she's afraid of being alone.

Read her dialogue again from episodes 4 & 5. Also remember what her state of mind would be at the end of episode 4. She's just run away from home, and defied her Father. That relationship is already strained by her parents divorce and Josy's fear that her Father no longer loves her. Then when she hears that Maya and the MC are attracted, it really freaks her out. She says that if Maya is attracted to a guy it must be real (or words to that effect). She repeats that in the episode 4 scene and in the episode 5 scene with MC. She's really afraid of being left alone.

Josy is presented to us as an outgoing and sociable young woman, and I think at her core she is but, her parents divorce, being turned down for college, and her lonely, miserable summer really scared her as to what her future could be like.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I have wondered that myself, I mostly prenounced it like the profession Sage from fantasy games and always thought it was more of a nickname then real name, but I don't know. Would be fun to find out if it her real name and why she named like that.
SAGE, like the color (a shade of green) and a plant that's used as an herb.

Reactions: Procyonix

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Yeah, when you first met her you can joke with her name and the MC says something about an herb
but how is it pronounced? in Spanish it would be like Sage (with J / H sound) or Seige? I have no fucking idea

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
felicemastronzo, could you beat episode 6 in less than an hour? I just tried ep6 on permanent skip through the whole thing (about 20 lines of dialogue a second), suicided in the D&G, clicked the walkthrough options for the gender and maths tests, aborted the english tests, aborted the mansion maintenance, didn't do any hunt-the-pixels, basically just blazed through with not a second's enjoyment, and it took just over 16 minutes. How could you possibly play it correctly in less than an hour

I didn't say I did, but I could.
I have no reason, I don't even do it for TV series

in my opinion without minigames, in relation with Maya and Josy who cut different contents (Quinn and Jade), cutting the D&G, choosing Jill, who cuts all the final part, or even better by rejecting the fake documents you reduce the game play a lot .

with a route only Maya and Josy ultra faithful even more

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes