DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
With exact same stance and narration? Hardly coincidence.
Narration? They weren't at all similar. The stance just means that all he has to do is insert the MC, with no additional posing. I've noticed the same technique used several times in the game.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Derek just seems so cartoonish to me that it's hard for me to like him much. His buffoonish and clownish behaviour doesn't entertain me because it seems too outlandish and I'm honestly a bit tired of these idiot savant best friend/wingman of the MC characters in these games.
I really don't like the character, what he does and what he says

if he was a real person it might be fun to meet him every now and then, but not more than once a week between meals

sure that if now he goes from funny to depressed I don't know how he can go on

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
TWEVLE?????
Yeah, I was born in '72. Been around a few years, just haven't had as many birthdays. The downside to this is people making jokes about the game being updated on my birthday, as was demonstrated in this thread. For most folks, that's really a trivial affair. For some of us.a nightmare. ;)

Reactions: Dashxp4k

rj677

May 30, 2020
Happy Holidays!

It's been a very weird and possibly dark year for all of us.
But even when things are dark in our lives, we should appreciate the things that aren't and find something that keeps us going.
For me, creating this game has been a way to get through 2020. It's brought me a lot of joy through all the ups and downs.
Thank you all for the support you've shown me this year.
I remember by this time, last year, I was scared as hell for jumping ship to work on this game full-time.
You're literally the reason I can keep doing this for a living and I hope my past, current, and future efforts will show you how much your support means to me.
It's not taken for granted and it never will be.

Cheers to all of you maggot brothers and HOT sisters!
Merry Christmas and Happy holidays!
And if you're not checking in until 2021, have a wonderful new year!

Dr PinkCake
Would you look at that... Even DPC agrees that Sage is the Best and Only Girl worthy of being beside the MC and touching him :sneaky:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I really don't like the character, what he does and what he says

if he was a real person it might be fun to meet him every now and then, but not more than once a week between meals

sure that if now he goes from funny to depressed I don't know how he can go on
This is a very fair point. Someone like this would be nearly intolerable in real-life. In a game he works because of suspension of disbelief, but he does push that. I'm actually hopeful that his one-night stand with the feminist will help balance him out as a character.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This is a very fair point. Someone like this would be nearly intolerable in real-life. In a game he works because of suspension of disbelief, but he does push that. I'm actually hopeful that his one-night stand with the feminist will help balance him out as a character.

actually I happened to know someone very similar to Derek in reality, and I confirm that it was pleasant only if taken in very small doses.

in the game I can't trust him, neither for the important things nor for the nonsense

Reactions: Ilhares

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Even though Jill likes the MC, she knows he's hanging with the wrong crowd (in her opinion), she has already written off the DIKs based on her experience with Rusty and seeing the others' behavior. So when Tybalt gives her these stories, it only fuels her concerns.

She's torn between what she feels and what she thinks is the truth (as told to her by Tybalt).

She's preoccupied in the auditorium and focuses on her music concerns before intending to talk about the Tybalt issue but then loses her window - she kinda procrastinates about it (who wants to have that kind of conversation anyway). The fact that he showed up with a black eye didn't help his cause much...

She unintentionally meets him at the library and the Tybalt conversation is not one to have in front of friends.

She enjoys his company on the picnic but the Tybalt conversation would have been hanging over her head the whole time. She knew she had to initiate it but she would have been dreading it. When the MC goes to kiss her she fucks up her entire approach to the subject and even admits it came out wrong. Then she tells him and he reacts.

In her consistent motherly fashion, she was trying to protect the mc from trouble, trouble that she believes he caused and he even admits to.

There's nothing wrong or poorly written about any of this. She's a 21 year old woman falling in love but the target of her affections is setting off red flags all over the place. Is he a trouble maker or is he a victim? But she wants him! Emotions can be motherfuckers, making it hard to see straight and to think straight.
Well, then I've lost absolutely all my interest on this 21 years old woman as up to this point I thought she was different, a bit more mature and able to behave like the adult she pretends/appeared to be. Of course that's only my fault, never DPC's, don't worry.

I agree, the threat itself is the main game. How strong the case against MC may be is a secondary consideration.

I'd dispute that there's no case, there are multiple witnesses to trespass at least since they can prove he wasn't invited. This alone would be grounds for expulsion for student misconduct, particularly if Burke et al. lean on the decision makers. Wrecking MC's academic prospects is more than enough for Ty's purposes.

Jill has no reason not to take Tybalt's words seriously, she's known him for years & he's insufferably nice to her, despite being a pompous ass.

On the CHICK route at least, Jill believes the MC's version of events, but recognizes the facts don't matter, the preps can wreck the MC's life without making all of their allegations stick (expulsion, legal costs etc.).

Seems like there are plenty of examples of frivolous law suites being successfully used to make people back off despite their lack of merit because they can't afford to mount a defense or it's not worth the cost/trouble.

She's not seeking to break up with the MC because she believes Ty's assessment that the MC is bad, but in a misguided attempt to protect him.

Again I agree, but isn't this the basis for most teen-angst dramas? Lack of communication seems like standard fodder for this genre?

Jill's family has money & presumably lawyers, that doesn't mean Jill knows anything about it? She doesn't appear overly close to her parents, I'd be surprised if she knew much of anything about the details of their business/legal affairs.

It's similarly unlikely that she has the funds to bankroll the MC's defense without her families support, who know nothing about him afaict.
She doesn't need to know any details about her family business but sure she knows her family talk to lawyers when needed. That's all I'm saying

Last edited:
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Narration? They weren't at all similar. The stance just means that all he has to do is insert the MC, with no additional posing. I've noticed the same technique used several times in the game.
The parallels are obvious, it's not even subtle. In both cases, Vinny and the MC took the lead and gave Diks the spirit while Tommy was acting angry and reluctant. The contrast is clear, Vinny was all about fun and crazy stuff while the MC acted more responsible, encouraging them to behave like real adults. They both were the wheel of change in different area.

1.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 6.PNG 7.PNG 8.PNG

Same thing for Tommy's altercation. In both cases, they scolded him and contested his position as vice president. Tommy attacked instinclty because he saw too much of Vinny in the way the MC acts toward him.
9.PNG 10.PNG 11.PNG 12.PNG 13.PNG 14.PNG

Once again the parallels illustrate the contrast. Vinny and Tommy stayed rivals even Nick admits things quieted down when Vinny Left. On the other hand, the MC earned Tommy's respect and started to bond with him.

I mean, even the room they share is cheap symbolism. First thing Vinny did with it ? Trash it. First thing MC did ? Cleaned and fixed it. In other words, Vinny brings chaos while the MC brings order. :KEK:. I don't know if DP intends to write Vinny as the big villain but he clearly tried to present him as a negative counterpart. The drugs connexion makes it even more obvious.

As for Tybalt, he's just a minor nuisance at best. Same thing for Dawe. They're just butt-monkey constantly humiliated for humorous purpose. They aren't meant to be the lead villains. Like you said, the blackmailing plot is weak. Characters like Maya's dad or the whole drugs circle aren't portrayed in a comical way. They clearly are the real threat (for better or worse).

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
The main antagonist is Vinny, imho. The scenes, where both him and MC stand on the stairway in the DIKs house in front of everyone, hints about it.
Either that or DPC just reused the scene backround to save time.
With exact same stance and narration? Hardly coincidence.
They were talking on how to make DIKs great again. Approaches are quite different.
The parallels are obvious, it's not even subtle. In both cases, Vinny and the MC took the lead and gave Diks the spirit while Tommy was acting angry and reluctant. The contrast is clear, Vinny was all about fun and crazy stuff while the MC acted more responsible, encouraging them to behave like real adults. They both were the wheel of change in different area.

View attachment 953145 View attachment 953146 View attachment 953148 View attachment 953149 View attachment 953150 View attachment 953151

Same thing for Tommy's altercation. In both cases, they scolded him and contested his position as vice president. Tommy attacked instinclty because he saw too much of Vinny in the way the MC acts toward him.
View attachment 953154 View attachment 953156 View attachment 953157 View attachment 953158 View attachment 953159 View attachment 953160

Once again the parallels illustrate the contrast. Vinny and Tommy stayed rivals even Nick admits things quieted down when Vinny Left. On the other hand, the MC earned Tommy's respect and started to bond with him.

I mean, even the room they share is cheap symbolism. First thing Vinny did with it ? Trash it. First thing MC did ? Cleaned and fixed it. In other words, Vinny brings chaos while the MC brings order. :KEK:. I don't know if DP intends to write Vinny as the big villain but he clearly tried to present him as a negative counterpart. The drugs connexion makes it even more obvious.

As for Tybalt, he's just a minor nuisance at best. Same thing for Dawe. They're just butt-monkey constantly humiliated for humorous purpose. They aren't meant to be the lead villains. Like you said, the blackmailing plot is weak. Characters like Maya's dad or the whole drugs circle aren't portrayed in a comical way. They clearly are the real threat (for better or worse).
This is good stuff. I noticed the stance on the stairs during the speech and the fight with Tommy, but it didn't click with me that they ended up in the same room, treated the room oppositely, one is chaotic the other is ordered. Vinny is like the anti-mc! :eek:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Well, then I've lost absolutely all my interest on this 21 years old woman as up to this point I thought she was different, a bit more mature and able to behave like the adult she pretends/appeared to be. Of course that's only my fault, never DPC's, don't worry.
And I thought DPC was meant to the the dramatic one... :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: aragh
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes