shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Why can people declare eternal love for some characters and I cannot state one of them has 'dissapointed' me?
You totally can, I didn't petition have have your post deleted, I just said you were being dramatic about it.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
actually I happened to know someone very similar to Derek in reality, and I confirm that it was pleasant only if taken in very small doses.

in the game I can't trust him, neither for the important things nor for the nonsense
He's shown enough depth as a character that I don't want to write him off. He does have a serious and sensitive side, and that saves him. Otherwise, he would just be the zany character in the story that no one would want to deal with. I've never known anyone to his level (or like the person you knew) but I do remember people from college that were on the zany-side of life; and I could only tolerate them for short durations.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
You totally can, I didn't petition have have your post deleted, I just said you were being dramatic about it.
OK, let's see if I get this straight. I criticize some aspect of the game that I consider is DPC's fault. You give me some logical reasons to explain the behaviour of that character that basically can be summarized as 'game's people are young and imperfect', as if that was exactly DPC's intentions: to portrait a bunch of imperfect characters (thus meaning they feel like real, relatable people with flaws, like all of us have). So I decided to agree with that view and say, OK, if we are not judging writer's ability but just character's actual behaviour, I don't like this character because the way she reacts to this issue is not how I'd imagined she would react, I don't like those imperfections of her. Which is obviously just my personal feeling about the character, I'm not saying anything else (except, maybe, that if DPC's intention was always to show Jill as a naive, insecure girl despite all of her appeareance, he has nailed it). And now I'm a drama queen for agreeing with you and moving this from a critic to DPC to a personal comment about a character. Am I right?

- let's agree at least that we both suck at English-written irony

Nov 23, 2020
[QUOTE = "N7, post: 4781559, membro: 12728"]
Buone vacanze!

È stato un anno molto strano e forse oscuro per tutti noi.
Ma anche quando le cose sono oscure nelle nostre vite, dovremmo apprezzare le cose che non lo sono e trovare qualcosa che ci faccia andare avanti.
Per me, creare questo gioco è stato un modo per superare il 2020. Mi ha portato molta gioia attraverso tutti gli alti e bassi.
Grazie a tutti per il supporto che mi avete dimostrato quest'anno.
Ricordo che a questo punto, l'anno scorso, ero spaventato da morire per aver abbandonato la nave per lavorare a questo gioco a tempo pieno.
Sei letteralmente il motivo per cui posso continuare a farlo per vivere e spero che i miei sforzi passati, attuali e futuri ti mostreranno quanto il tuo sostegno significhi per me.
Non è scontato e non lo sarà mai.

Saluti a tutti voi fratelli vermi e sorelle CALDE!
Buon Natale e Buone Feste!
E se non effettui il check-in fino al 2021, buon anno nuovo!

Dr PinkCake
[/CITAZIONE]
Tybalt out of the windows is epic laugh ahahha

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
The parallels are obvious, it's not even subtle. In both cases, Vinny and the MC took the lead and gave Diks the spirit while Tommy was acting angry and reluctant. The contrast is clear, Vinny was all about fun and crazy stuff while the MC acted more responsible, encouraging them to behave like real adults. They both were the wheel of change in different area.

View attachment 953145 View attachment 953146 View attachment 953148 View attachment 953149 View attachment 953150 View attachment 953151

Same thing for Tommy's altercation. In both cases, they scolded him and contested his position as vice president. Tommy attacked instinclty because he saw too much of Vinny in the way the MC acts toward him.
View attachment 953154 View attachment 953156 View attachment 953157 View attachment 953158 View attachment 953159 View attachment 953160

Once again the parallels illustrate the contrast. Vinny and Tommy stayed rivals even Nick admits things quieted down when Vinny Left. On the other hand, the MC earned Tommy's respect and started to bond with him.

I mean, even the room they share is cheap symbolism. First thing Vinny did with it ? Trash it. First thing MC did ? Cleaned and fixed it. In other words, Vinny brings chaos while the MC brings order. :KEK:. I don't know if DP intends to write Vinny as the big villain but he clearly tried to present him as a negative counterpart. The drugs connexion makes it even more obvious.

As for Tybalt, he's just a minor nuisance at best. Same thing for Dawe. They're just butt-monkey constantly humiliated for humorous purpose. They aren't meant to be the lead villains. Like you said, the blackmailing plot is weak. Characters like Maya's dad or the whole drugs circle aren't portrayed in a comical way. They clearly are the real threat (for better or worse).
No one's the 'real threat' in this game, that's the problem.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Almost Jill

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If this makeup situation keeps progressing, then ep. 7 Jill preview:

Is eye shadow really supposed to go underneath the eye? She looks like the one who got beaten up. Tone it down woman. You don't need all of that goop on your face to look beautiful. The eyebrows, well, those are a lost cause. Do whatever with those caterpillars. Lets just hope the carpet isn't as thick. The only thiccness I want on you is dat booty.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
If this makeup situation keeps progressing, then ep. 7 Jill preview:

Is eye shadow really supposed to go underneath the eye? She looks like the one who got beaten up. Tone it down woman. You don't need all of that goop on your face to look beautiful. The eyebrows, well, those are a lost cause. Do whatever with those caterpillars. Lets just hope the carpet isn't as thick. The only thiccness I want on you is dat booty.

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I agree, the threat itself is the main game. How strong the case against MC may be is a secondary consideration.

I'd dispute that there's no case, there are multiple witnesses to trespass at least since they can prove he wasn't invited. This alone would be grounds for expulsion for student misconduct, particularly if Burke et al. lean on the decision makers. Wrecking MC's academic prospects is more than enough for Ty's purposes.

Jill has no reason not to take Tybalt's words seriously, she's known him for years & he's insufferably nice to her, despite being a pompous ass.

On the CHICK route at least, Jill believes the MC's version of events, but recognizes the facts don't matter, the preps can wreck the MC's life without making all of their allegations stick (expulsion, legal costs etc.).

Seems like there are plenty of examples of frivolous law suites being successfully used to make people back off despite their lack of merit because they can't afford to mount a defense or it's not worth the cost/trouble.

She's not seeking to break up with the MC because she believes Ty's assessment that the MC is bad, but in a misguided attempt to protect him.

Again I agree, but isn't this the basis for most teen-angst dramas? Lack of communication seems like standard fodder for this genre?

Jill's family has money & presumably lawyers, that doesn't mean Jill knows anything about it? She doesn't appear overly close to her parents, I'd be surprised if she knew much of anything about the details of their business/legal affairs.

It's similarly unlikely that she has the funds to bankroll the MC's defense without her families support, who know nothing about him afaict.
As I've pointed out multiple times, Jill Royce said in front of the entire household of the Alpha Omega mansion that MC is welcome there anytime. No Trespassing, case closed. And even if it wasn't case closed, trespassing is a minor offense in the US, a Misdemeanor. The Police won't even arrest you for it.

Why don't you guys go back to the Jill is MC's Aunt theory, that one was at least amusing.

Reactions: shazba

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
[QUOTE = "N7, post: 4781559, membro: 12728"]
Buone vacanze!

È stato un anno molto strano e forse oscuro per tutti noi.
Ma anche quando le cose sono oscure nelle nostre vite, dovremmo apprezzare le cose che non lo sono e trovare qualcosa che ci faccia andare avanti.
Per me, creare questo gioco è stato un modo per superare il 2020. Mi ha portato molta gioia attraverso tutti gli alti e bassi.
Grazie a tutti per il supporto che mi avete dimostrato quest'anno.
Ricordo che a questo punto, l'anno scorso, ero spaventato da morire per aver abbandonato la nave per lavorare a questo gioco a tempo pieno.
Sei letteralmente il motivo per cui posso continuare a farlo per vivere e spero che i miei sforzi passati, attuali e futuri ti mostreranno quanto il tuo sostegno significhi per me.
Non è scontato e non lo sarà mai.

Saluti a tutti voi fratelli vermi e sorelle CALDE!
Buon Natale e Buone Feste!
E se non effettui il check-in fino al 2021, buon anno nuovo!

Dr PinkCake
[/CITAZIONE]
Tybalt out of the windows is epic laugh ahahha
You forgot to translate it back to English haha

E gira tutto intorno alla stanza mentre si danza, danza

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
OK, let's see if I get this straight. I criticize some aspect of the game that I consider is DPC's fault. You give me some logical reasons to explain the behaviour of that character that basically can be summarized as 'game's people are young and imperfect', as if that was exactly DPC's intentions: to portrait a bunch of imperfect characters (thus meaning they feel like real, relatable people with flaws, like all of us have). So I decided to agree with that view and say, OK, if we are not judging writer's ability but just character's actual behaviour, I don't like this character because the way she reacts to this issue is not how I'd imagined she would react, I don't like those imperfections of her. Which is obviously just my personal feeling about the character, I'm not saying anything else (except, maybe, that if DPC's intention was always to show Jill as a naive, insecure girl despite all of her appeareance, he has nailed it). And now I'm a drama queen for agreeing with you and moving this from a critic to DPC to a personal comment about a character. Am I right?

- let's agree at least that we both suck at English-written irony
I think maybe you came across as harsh on Jill since she, and all the main characters, are kids.

But that said, you don't have to like or connect with anyone. It's actually one of the things that I struggle with in lewd games. Often the characters are teenager and/or college kids, and I just do not connect with them. Whether it's good or bad writing, I often struggle to connect with them because I'm significantly older. I often find myself say "oh come on kid...", but in a case like BaDIK I think that's something you should be feeling. These characters are making mistakes, not always acting responsibly, and often only functioning with a partially developed brain because they haven't matured yet.

Lately I'm gravitating to games that include MC that are older and have relationships with other adults. In the end, all of these games are escapism, so I don't want to hold them to too high a standard. But it helps my escapism if my characters are dealing with issues I can relate to. At this point in my life I can't really care too much about graduating high school (and ALL of the issues that come with games like that), or college life. BaDIK is a great game, but I'd really like to see what DPC could do with characters set in their 30s.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
As I've pointed out multiple times, Jill Royce said in front of the entire household of the Alpha Omega mansion that MC is welcome there anytime. No Trespassing, case closed. And even if it wasn't case closed, trespassing is a minor offense in the US, a Misdemeanor. The Police won't even arrest you for it.

Why don't you guys go back to the Jill is MC's Aunt theory, that one was at least amusing.
Jill isn't hosting the party, the preps are, she can't invite him to a private function she has nothing to do with. They'd have no trouble making trespass stick, the rest of it is hyperbole to try & make the threat to MC appear more serious than it is in reality. Did you completely overlook the words frivolous, meritless in my post? My first line was the strength of the legal case is secondary...

How about you respond to what I actually wrote? I made no mention of arrest, I discussed student misconduct & civil suit, neither of which have anything to do with the police. You say the threat has no substance, I've explained how it does.

I read your posts, I understand you dislike the writing & consider this one of several plot-holes. I'm sure there are plot-holes in this story, but this isn't one of them imo. Constantly repeating your interpretation & berating anyone who disagrees doesn't make your stance more credible.

If the story is such trash I'm mystified why you're still following the game, but how you choose to spend your time is your own affair.

Last edited:

KoolMe

Jun 23, 2019

trespassing is a misdemeanor but add to that intention of theft ,or actual theft(expensive suits , weird family heirloom , expensive champagne for Maya(She always makes every situation worse), intention to cause harm ( sucker punch or throwing eggs) ,
and you get classic breaking and entering along with Arson , couple of felony good enough to get you arrested and locked up even if MC even gets bail ( thanks to Jill's money & lawyers ) , he still might have to face a disciplinary committee , headed by
cuckold Councilor Burke to decide his future

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
trespassing is a misdemeanor but add to that intention of theft ,or actual theft(expensive suits , weird family heirloom , expensive champagne for Maya(She always makes every situation worse), intention to cause harm ( sucker punch or throwing eggs) ,
and you get classic breaking and entering along with Arson , couple of felony good enough to get you arrested and locked up even if MC even gets bail ( thanks to Jill's money & lawyers ) , he still might have to face a disciplinary committee , headed by
cuckold Councilor Burke to decide his future
Add to that just the simple fact that a student from an impoverished background who, by his own admission did ok in school, might struggle to enrol in another college having been kicked out of B&R for the actions mentioned in your post.

Tybalt might be able to put MC in prison but he can sure fuck up the guy's life, poor people don't get to fail multiple times.

Reactions: KoolMe
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes