lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah, there's no way DPC would render Derek in a Santa jacket, shirtless Santa for the win :D
Quoting myself as I had a thought, Shirtless Santa needs a Shirtless Mrs Claus and if any patrons of DPC are reading I would ask that you suggest it to the man himself; Ashley being the obvious choice.

Reactions: shazba

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Jill isn't hosting the party, the preps are, she can't invite him to a private function she has nothing to do with. They'd have no trouble making trespass stick, the rest of it is hyperbole to try & make the threat to MC appear more serious than it is in reality. Did you completely overlook the words frivolous, meritless in my post? My first line was the strength of the legal case is secondary...

How about you respond to what I actually wrote? I made no mention of arrest, I discussed student misconduct & civil suit, neither of which have anything to do with the police. You say the threat has no substance, I've explained how it does.

I read your posts, I understand you dislike the writing & consider this one of several plot-holes. I'm sure there are plot-holes in this story, but this isn't one of them imo. Constantly repeating your interpretation & berating anyone who disagrees doesn't make your stance more credible.

If the story is such trash I'm mystified why you're still following the game, but how you choose to spend your time is your own affair.
If you read my post then you know that trespassing is not a serious charge.

And another thing, the Prep's are not in a position to go around filing frivolous lawsuits. They have money and assets, that's something that lawyers term "deep pockets". That means there is already a great big target on their backs. The courts have a very dim view of frivolous lawsuits, no matter how rich or influential you are, Judges get very annoyed when someone tries to use their court as a weapon in their personal vendettas. For a person with "deep pockets" a frivolous lawsuit and an annoyed judge can lead to a very expensive countersuit, something that ambitious lawyers dream of. Hell, it wouldn't even cost the MC a dime, his lawyer would gladly do it on a contingency basis, raking in 40% of the takings for very little work.

So until you get a US law degree, or have the advice of someone who has one, please spare me your asinine theories on how the US Justice system operates, because you havn't a clue as to what your talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: ThePresident451

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
o_O

I think some of us are losing perspective over this issue of Tybalt and the blackmail.

This is why we need faster updates, to save us from ourselves!

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
trespassing is a misdemeanor but add to that intention of theft ,or actual theft(expensive suits , weird family heirloom , expensive champagne for Maya(She always makes every situation worse), intention to cause harm ( sucker punch or throwing eggs) ,
and you get classic breaking and entering along with Arson , couple of felony good enough to get you arrested and locked up even if MC even gets bail ( thanks to Jill's money & lawyers ) , he still might have to face a disciplinary committee , headed by
cuckold Councilor Burke to decide his future
Intention of theft? That's not even a thing under law, but just for giggles, prove it. That's the whole point. To even get to the level of filing a suit, to even get in front of a judge to hear your pleadings, you need to pass a moderately high bar of evidence. A few statements from your friends just won't cut it. As I explained in an earlier post, you would need an active Police investigation and a Prosecutor willing to pursue charges arising from the investigation. Good luck getting that. The Police are too busy to deal with someone crashing a party, and unless a prosecutor see's a successful investigation to work off of, they won't touch it either. There's also the question of standing. If the Prep's have insurance, it's highly unlikely that the Judge would grant them standing to pursue a lawsuit, their insurance company yes, the Preps no. And the insurance company won't waste their resources pursuing a penniless college student for a Fraternity prank.

Reactions: Tserriednich'sNen

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Add to that just the simple fact that a student from an impoverished background who, by his own admission did ok in school, might struggle to enrol in another college having been kicked out of B&R for the actions mentioned in your post.

Tybalt might be able to put MC in prison but he can sure fuck up the guy's life, poor people don't get to fail multiple times.
Bullshit

Reactions: dav3knight

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
Fuck as many women as you can and get out before the house burns down! :p

The first part I'll do, but I think there will be no fire in the game (I already sense ppl start to get tense at that word). but maybe it will be a school shooting...
View attachment 952918

Dev make it hap-*ahem* I mean don't even think about it!
Heather & Ashley? Gonna be fun going for them while Tommy and Derek don't stand a chance against my maxed god level fight skills.
10sS.gif

Siriustalent

Jun 11, 2020
If i'm not wrong, i think is more to your DIK/CHICK status. If you going for maya's path, best to go CHICK status all the way. Quinn scene is which one? cause quinn scene quite easy to get full without a problem except you missed some steps.
The 4th scene in the gallery is the quin scene that is 50%
The 7th scene with maya is 50%
And lastly the last scene with Maya and Josy in Ep6. is 50%

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I think maybe you came across as harsh on Jill since she, and all the main characters, are kids.

But that said, you don't have to like or connect with anyone. It's actually one of the things that I struggle with in lewd games. Often the characters are teenager and/or college kids, and I just do not connect with them. Whether it's good or bad writing, I often struggle to connect with them because I'm significantly older. I often find myself say "oh come on kid...", but in a case like BaDIK I think that's something you should be feeling. These characters are making mistakes, not always acting responsibly, and often only functioning with a partially developed brain because they haven't matured yet.

Lately I'm gravitating to games that include MC that are older and have relationships with other adults. In the end, all of these games are escapism, so I don't want to hold them to too high a standard. But it helps my escapism if my characters are dealing with issues I can relate to. At this point in my life I can't really care too much about graduating high school (and ALL of the issues that come with games like that), or college life. BaDIK is a great game, but I'd really like to see what DPC could do with characters set in their 30s.
Well, he wrote Acting Lessons and the characters in their 30's weren't exactly mature and responsible when facing serious issues.

Honestly, I'm amazed how easy is to escape criticism. All you need is a dedicated fan base willing to explain everything with "characters are inmature" and "you can't bend real life to your wishes so it's normal things don't play out the way you want". Then of course there's anything to discuss, everything is allowed. And obviously I'm wrong trying to demand some internal coherence and further credibility to an scripted game. When I just can't keep suspending my disbelief, the problem is mine

CyberPsycho

Dec 21, 2020
DavDR has a point with in the fact that you need evidence to prove the allegedlly crime in court, cos you go to jail based on proven facts, not on asumptions thats how the justice system works...

Trespassing? That wouldn't stick in those circumstances with the party and all.
Arson? No one seen the MC do shit and we all know it was Derek who was holding the lighter... Some preps (indulged by the molestor of watermelons) could say that they saw the MC doing it and if its proven that they lied about this fact in court (assuming that will get there), that he tried to burn the manson, they (the accusers/witnesses) will get into trouble by the fact that thats called a false statement. I don't think that they will put themselfs in harms way, that if they're smart that is...
Damages to the manson? Well... there may be some damage, but it isnt stated the cost of it! And they have insurance!
Oh, and the assault, yeah, Tybalt will need proof of that, he might have some witnesses but the DIKs, they're all there, so its they're word against they'res kinda of thing, so...
Only thing he could do is pay for a fake examination to determine/prove that he was bruised! Becouse he dosen't have a bruise/s, I didn't see any, but that may be becouse of his fake tan...

But we will see how this aspect of the game will unfold.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
o_O

I think some of us are losing perspective over this issue of Tybalt and the blackmail.

This is why we need faster updates, to save us from ourselves!
I kinda think DCP should have just had Tybalt say he'll go to the school authorities to get the MC kicked out instead of immediately escalating to a lawsuit. Stakes are still high, but it avoids all this silliness.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Already a 10GB download huh? And it's not anywhere near completion. How am I ever gonna download this game when it's completed?

Can I just download the Jill route when that's complete and pretend nothing else exists? :sneaky:
I'm not so much worried about the size as I just want quality, but I do seem to have issues with a number of the file hosters either being dog slow or failing somewhere during the download and the larger these updates get the higher the chance of repeated failures - would love to see the Update versions have a torrent option as those are nice and quick and we can all seed for each other to help.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
--Unzips pants--
Challenge accepted sir.
There's always one in the room... ;)
here's the real preview :cool:
jill ep7 NSFW
View attachment 953601
Looks like Jill, behaves like Quinn (all aggressive until you stick your lollipop in her mouth). :sneaky:
Jill isn't hosting the party, the preps are, she can't invite him to a private function she has nothing to do with. They'd have no trouble making trespass stick, the rest of it is hyperbole to try & make the threat to MC appear more serious than it is in reality. Did you completely overlook the words frivolous, meritless in my post? My first line was the strength of the legal case is secondary...

How about you respond to what I actually wrote? I made no mention of arrest, I discussed student misconduct & civil suit, neither of which have anything to do with the police. You say the threat has no substance, I've explained how it does.

I read your posts, I understand you dislike the writing & consider this one of several plot-holes. I'm sure there are plot-holes in this story, but this isn't one of them imo. Constantly repeating your interpretation & berating anyone who disagrees doesn't make your stance more credible.

If the story is such trash I'm mystified why you're still following the game, but how you choose to spend your time is your own affair.
It wasn't even to scare the MC, it was to scare Jill who we all know is a little retarded... He scared her, mission accomplished.
trespassing is a misdemeanor but add to that intention of theft ,or actual theft(expensive suits , weird family heirloom , expensive champagne for Maya(She always makes every situation worse), intention to cause harm ( sucker punch or throwing eggs) ,
and you get classic breaking and entering along with Arson , couple of felony good enough to get you arrested and locked up even if MC even gets bail ( thanks to Jill's money & lawyers ) , he still might have to face a disciplinary committee , headed by
cuckold Councilor Burke to decide his future
I still doubt Tibbie had any plans to follow up his threat, it's just to scare Jill off the mc. Ultimately it failed.
Add to that just the simple fact that a student from an impoverished background who, by his own admission did ok in school, might struggle to enrol in another college having been kicked out of B&R for the actions mentioned in your post.

Tybalt might be able to put MC in prison but he can sure fuck up the guy's life, poor people don't get to fail multiple times.
Bullshit
I think you might find that lemonfreak made a typo in his last sentence, he meant to say, "Tybalt might *NOT* be able to put MC in prison but he can sure fuck up the guy's life, poor people don't get to fail multiple times.", hence the "but" joining the two clauses. He definitely wasn't suggesting that the Tibster could put the MC in jail. Poor writing lemonfreak! :p
Well, he wrote Acting Lessons and the characters in their 30's weren't exactly mature and responsible when facing serious issues.

Honestly, I'm amazed how easy is to escape criticism. All you need is a dedicated fan base willing to explain everything with "characters are inmature" and "you can't bend real life to your wishes so it's normal things don't play out the way you want". Then of course there's anything to discuss, everything is allowed. And obviously I'm wrong trying to demand some internal coherence and further credibility to an scripted game. When I just can't keep suspending my disbelief, the problem is mine
Jill has not been established as a decisive, strong character. She's trying hard, but she has inner conflict and it's been displayed numerous times when we can see her inner thoughts:

When she see's the mc's cock in the mirror:

ji "(Wow...)"
ji "(No! Not "wow"! Why did I do that?)"
ji "Fuckface...?"
mc "Yeah?"
ji "I'm sorry...but the mirror...I peeked."
mc "You did? Haha, why are you telling me that?"
ji "It was an accident, but it still feels so wrong..."
ji "It's so not me."

When she starts making out with the MC on Bella's couch and then stops, saying it's going too fast:
ji "(I'm so stupid...right?)"
ji "(No... That was smart.)"
ji "(It's way too fast for me...and this isn't the place for it either...)"
ji "(Bella's on the other side of that wall... That's so disrespectful...)"
ji "(But... He just makes me feel...so...)"
ji "(Gah! I can't think straight!)"
ji "(My head is rushing.)"
ji "(Breathe!)"

When she's struggling to play the piano:
ji "(I'm not good enough to do this...)"
ji "(I can't focus today.)"
ji "(You know how to play this. You've done it hundreds of times by now.)"

When she's not in a strong relationship with the mc and decides not to call him when she's struggling with the piano:
ji "(No... Don't call him.)"
ji "(I'm not even gonna tell him....right?)"
ji "(...)"
ji "(Focus!)"
ji "(Try it again. You know this!)"
ji "(I suck!)"

When she is in a relationship with the MC and he shows up when she's struggling with the piano:
ji "(Tybalt isn't right about him. I refuse to believe that.)"
ji "..."
ji "(Just tell him...)"

When the mc turns her down when she comes over for the impromptu birthday picnic:
ji "(I can't blurt it out now... Crap...)"
ji "(Maybe it's a sign?)"
ji "(Maybe it's best to not even tell him...)"
Even her actions show she is conflicted, like calling a meeting to discuss Chad bullying the MC (in spite of the mc's protests against her doing anything about it) and then running to Bella to cry when she realities she might have done the wrong thing.
And even when she's talking direct to the MC, she sometimes stumbles with her words and corrects herself.

All of this is deliberate characterization implemented into the story by DPC. If you don't pick up on these (not so?) subtle aspects of a character when other people do, you can't blame the author.

I kinda think DCP should have just had Tybalt say he'll go to the school authorities to get the MC kicked out instead of immediately escalating to a lawsuit. Stakes are still high, but it avoids all this silliness.
That would have been funny, depending on your choices, half of the school authorities could be sucking the MC's cock (including the orange one's mom). Could have gone down very hilariously. But really, I think Tybalt was just going for maximum impact to scare Jill off the mc.
why refer DPC as 'they' when its hinted in the thread often that he is a solo artist/creator?
I think some people use the term, "they" when they are referring to DPC because they don't want to presume he's a guy. I'm a presumptuous SOB so I always say "him".

godlikex5

Mar 29, 2018
The 4th scene in the gallery is the quinn scene that is 50%
The 7th scene with maya is 50%
And lastly the last scene with Maya and Josy in Ep6. is 50%
actually you refer to the original walkthrough then to lewd scene then see the requirement.
anyway for 4th scene you need to be huge DIK status.
7th scene not so sure. If not wrong is you cant be massive chick/dik which mean cant go above +13/-13 something like that.
last scene is you must skip ep3 maya scene. which mean you only can go for quinn and riona threesome. this part is just before the ep4 branch end.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

if you don't like how a character behaves there are only two possibilities:
it's MC's fault, his behavior justifies anything (which in fact is the only character you are authorized to speak ill of)
it's your fault, as a player, your absurd claims, your outdated morality, your hatred of women, men and toads (KRJ)

any other thesis is contradicted by 2 cardinal principles: "it can happen in reality" or "at that age you do absurd things" (the second principle of course does not apply to MC)

really strange.

personally what I see in the game is the only thing that matters, the plot is always correct, the characters may not be. if a character behaves selfishly he is an egoist, if he does nonsense he is a fool, if he suddenly proves naive it means that he has always been and that we have overestimated him.

sometimes I violate this rule, when I feel a short circuit, and I am forced not to consider a particular scene (if Josy is the one of the post rejection post visit of her father, I would NEVER have anything to do with her, I would prefer the KRJ's ugly sister, and I said it all).

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
if you don't like how a character behaves there are only two possibilities:
it's MC's fault, his behavior justifies anything (which in fact is the only character you are authorized to speak ill of)
it's your fault, as a player, your absurd claims, your outdated morality, your hatred of women, men and toads (KRJ)

any other thesis is contradicted by 2 cardinal principles: "it can happen in reality" or "at that age you do absurd things" (the second principle of course does not apply to MC)

really strange.

personally what I see in the game is the only thing that matters, the plot is always correct, the characters may not be. if a character behaves selfishly he is an egoist, if he does nonsense he is a fool, if he suddenly proves naive it means that he has always been and that we have overestimated him.

sometimes I violate this rule, when I feel a short circuit, and I am forced not to consider a particular scene (if Josy is the one of the post rejection post visit of her father, I would NEVER have anything to do with her, I would prefer the KRJ's ugly sister, and I said it all).
What gets repetitively annoying is when people post they don't agree with behavior of a character, other people point out arguably legitimate reasons why the character may behave that way, and instead the original critic responding with something along the lines of, "Ok, that's possible, but... (and then counter the statement or even accept it)", the critic just gets butthurt and says, "So I can't criticize DPC, he's perfect it's all my fault". It's getting fucking childish.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
What gets repetitively annoying is when people post they don't agree with behavior of a character, other people point out arguably legitimate reasons why the character may behave that way, and instead the original critic responding with something along the lines of, "Ok, that's possible, but... (and then counter the statement or even accept it)", the critic just gets butthurt and says, "So I can't criticize DPC, he's perfect it's all my fault". It's getting fucking childish.
no, it doesn't work like that

apart from that I don't understand what would be the legitimate reasons that should convince me that I'm wrong not to be satisfied with a scene ....

I have already explained why Jill's behavior FOR ME is not consistent.

for a person with Jill's strong morality, willing to go against what MC had explicitly told him in order to report Chad's attack, it is not coherent to hide a crime without first understanding the situation. she theoretically believes that MC started a fire in a house full of people ....

Does Jill blindly believe in Tybalt? possible, then it should be she who does not want to have anything to do with MC (who with her gesture put at risk the piano she cares so much about)

and love and age have nothing to do with it, she covers up Mc's "crime" even if they're just friends (because of MC's bad behavior)

here too, what would the legitimate reasons be?

that I didn't understand the scene, and I didn't understand the character

perfect and reasonable

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I have already explained why Jill's behavior FOR ME is not consistent.
If you look at my previous post, you'll see examples of Jill's behavior throughout the game:
Jill has not been established as a decisive, strong character. She's trying hard, but she has inner conflict and it's been displayed numerous times when we can see her inner thoughts:

When she see's the mc's cock in the mirror:
ji "(Wow...)"
ji "(No! Not "wow"! Why did I do that?)"
ji "Fuckface...?"
mc "Yeah?"
ji "I'm sorry...but the mirror...I peeked."
mc "You did? Haha, why are you telling me that?"
ji "It was an accident, but it still feels so wrong..."
ji "It's so not me."

When she starts making out with the MC on Bella's couch and then stops, saying it's going too fast:
ji "(I'm so stupid...right?)"
ji "(No... That was smart.)"
ji "(It's way too fast for me...and this isn't the place for it either...)"
ji "(Bella's on the other side of that wall... That's so disrespectful...)"
ji "(But... He just makes me feel...so...)"
ji "(Gah! I can't think straight!)"
ji "(My head is rushing.)"
ji "(Breathe!)"

When she's struggling to play the piano:
ji "(I'm not good enough to do this...)"
ji "(I can't focus today.)"
ji "(You know how to play this. You've done it hundreds of times by now.)"

When she's not in a strong relationship with the mc and decides not to call him when she's struggling with the piano:
ji "(No... Don't call him.)"
ji "(I'm not even gonna tell him....right?)"
ji "(...)"
ji "(Focus!)"
ji "(Try it again. You know this!)"
ji "(I suck!)"

When she is in a relationship with the MC and he shows up when she's struggling with the piano:
ji "(Tybalt isn't right about him. I refuse to believe that.)"
ji "..."
ji "(Just tell him...)"

When the mc turns her down when she comes over for the impromptu birthday picnic:
ji "(I can't blurt it out now... Crap...)"
ji "(Maybe it's a sign?)"
ji "(Maybe it's best to not even tell him...)"

Even her actions show she is conflicted, like calling a meeting to discuss Chad bullying the MC (in spite of the mc's protests against her doing anything about it) and then running to Bella to cry when she realities she might have done the wrong thing.

And even when she's talking direct to the MC, she sometimes stumbles with her words and corrects herself.
This shows a degree of consistency with her behavior in ep6 and the previous episodes.
for a person with Jill's strong morality, willing to go against what MC had explicitly told him in order to report Chad's attack, it is not coherent to hide a crime without first understanding the situation. she theoretically believes that MC started a fire in a house full of people ....
I would argue that she has tried to protect the MC against his wishes in both accounts, protecting him from bullies and protecting him from a lawsuit. This is her consistent caring style towards the mc.

Regardless, she does intend to confront the mc about it and in time she does unless the mc and her don't have a close relationship or he ignores her in Ep6, in which case she lets it slide (under those circumstances it's not her business anyway).
Does Jill blindly believe in Tybalt? possible, then it should be she who does not want to have anything to do with MC (who with her gesture put at risk the piano she cares so much about)
She doesn't blindly believe Tybalt. As I quoted in my previous post, during the piano scene her thoughts are:

ji "(Tybalt isn't right about him. I refuse to believe that.)"​
ji "..."​
ji "(Just tell him...)"​

It's just he leaves before she can breach the subject.
and love and age have nothing to do with it, she covers up Mc's "crime" even if they're just friends (because of MC's bad behavior)
What do you mean she covers up the crime? The responsibility for reporting the crime is not on her, it's on Tybalt. She's not lying about anything to anyone, are you suggesting that when Tybalt says his friend wants to press charges that she should have responded saying, "Go ahead, if the mc did this then he needs to be punished"? If she had said something like that everyone would have been, "WTF Jill, you are so off my Christmas list!".

Now I have presented a coherent argument, with examples from the game and what I would consider some reasonable assumptions. In no way does this make me a "fanboi" who believes DPC can do no wrong.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes