Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
That is the most ridiculous reply I ever read. If you're that desperate for a counter argument take some more time to think about it, but this was just so much drivel that proved nothing. The MC was manipulating Josy with a sweatshirt? Seriously?
Perhaps if you read past that part you'll see that they actually make a good point about the MC not wanting to give up on Josy and it's entirely his choice, not because he's being "manipulated" by her. Also, on the subject of the sweatshirt, that's something that could easily send a signal to Josy, whether intentional or not, that makes her feel as though he doesn't want to give up on her because it's such a kindhearted gesture and so she in turn doesn't want to give up on him as a result of it, hence why she hugs him and says it's just "goodbye" and not "farewell". She might be reading too much into it, but it could certainly be seen as a gesture of intent.

Reactions: Procyonix

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
That is the most ridiculous reply I ever read. If you're that desperate for a counter argument take some more time to think about it, but this was just so much drivel that proved nothing. The MC was manipulating Josy with a sweatshirt? Seriously?
You should try to be a little more polite on public forums, man. Stop calling every elaborated counter-argument 'ridiculous' or you'll soon run out of people wanting to discuss anything with you (or even read your own reasons)

rj677

May 30, 2020
can't get around the stupid dark screen library warning... something is going to happen with Bella, and I am going to end up getting my dick fried off when I piss on DPC's computer in Sweden as a result.
Well Well Well, how the tables have turned... seems like the biggest drama DPC is gonna face isnt going to be in BaDIK :KEK::KEK:

Now the question is: Will Arigon dick get fried off? :KEK:

PS: RUN Yuno Gasai, RUN :eek:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Perhaps if you read past that part you'll see that they actually make a good point about the MC not wanting to give up on Josy and it's entirely his choice, not because he's being "manipulated" by her. Also, on the subject of the sweatshirt, that's something that could easily send a signal to Josy, whether intentional or not, that makes her feel as though he doesn't want to give up on her because it's such a kindhearted gesture and so she in turn doesn't want to give up on him as a result of it, hence why she hugs him and says it's just "goodbye" and not "farewell". She might be reading too much into it, but it could certainly be seen as a gesture of intent.
Are you familiar with the phrase Grasping at straws? This is why this argument keeps popping up in the thread. Having made a sincere effort to present the reason's, based in evidence from the game, that we dislike these characters and we resent being forced to attend them again and again, we are rebutted (allegedly) with arguments like this

1. We hate them because we can't have them because, oh they are so perfect
2. We hate them because they are gay and we're all problematic bigots, boo hoo.
3. We just have to accept them because it's the plot, so there!
4. The MC gave one of them an old sweatshirt???

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
that part doesn't convince me very much.

if Mona is a danger to Burke, what does making her go away? wasn't it better to keep her in BR under Quinn's control anyway?

we have seen that under pressure Mona does not hold up and tends to say things she shouldn't, far from BR she could tell what happened to anyone.

and even Quinn as a criminal mind is worth nothing, all her moves are dictated by desperation, there is no strategy, she is like a gambler who is losing a lot of money and for this she continues to bet more and more, with more and more risks . she has a poker face, but bad cards in hand

going to the Preps was a failure, getting drugs for Rick another failure ...
not necessarily tho, maybe not a threat but Burke is a special kind of asshole. Not only he revoked Mona's scholarship, therefore her tuition and she lost her privileges as a student. Sure, just taking the scholarship would've been enough, but Burke is an asshole and it just blew up on her face. Hope we see her again, I liked her attitude and how she acts overall. She'd been a good friend at least

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Woah, I haven't been able to follow the thread for the past few days, SO IDK WHAT EXACTLY IS GOING ON, but I guess my subliminal messages are now being exposed lol.

here, Yuno Gasai is about to take the big step...
and I will be able to say that I knew him:cry::cool:
:BootyTime::BootyTime: I'm sorry, who are you, sir?

Well Well Well, how the tables have turned... seems like the biggest drama DPC is gonna face isnt going to be in BaDIK :KEK::KEK:

Now the question is: Will Arigon dick get fried off? :KEK:

PS: RUN Yuno Gasai, RUN :eek:
run.png

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Are you familiar with the phrase Grasping at straws? This is why this argument keeps popping up in the thread. Having made a sincere effort to present the reason's, based in evidence from the game, that we dislike these characters and we resent being forced to attend them again and again, we are rebutted (allegedly) with arguments like this

There is no real "evidence" that shows these characters to be what M&J dislikers try to paint them out to be, there's just personal interpretation/views coupled with poor handling of the smaller details by DPC that perhaps hasn't served them well, but there is no truly hard, objective evidence that says they are terrible characters, that's merely opinion.

What ename144 provided, however, was solid reasoning, with lines from the game itself, that show that the MC was not willing to let Josy go and that none of this had anything to do with Josy "manipulating" or "using" him, but you're too fixated on the sweater, which could be interpreted as a romantic gesture by the way, to see that ename144 made a good point on this one issue. Rather than address it or even hold your hands up and say, "OK, fair enough", you're dismissing it out of hand in a way that seems like you just don't want to admit that they have a valid point.

Honestly, this whole notion that just because you personally don't like a character or characters means you shouldn't have to deal with them is absurd. You all seem to be forgetting that this is not a sandbox game, you don't have full autonomous control over the MC's actions and the MC is clearly not someone that is going to cut these people out of his life, so suck it up and deal with it.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Rubbish. You've done nothing more than repeatedly assert that Josy's motives are malign and therefore everything she does is an act calculated to keep the MC on her hook. When I propose the same thing about the MC's motives and show comparable examples of him keeping Josy on the hook, you say it's the most ridiculous argument ever and I'm grasping at straws.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
There is no real "evidence" that shows these characters to be what M&J dislikers try to paint them out to be, there's just personal interpretation/views coupled with poor handling of the smaller details by DPC that perhaps hasn't served them well, but there is no truly hard, objective evidence that says they are terrible characters, that's merely opinion.

What ename144 provided, however, was solid reasoning, with lines from the game itself, that show that the MC was not willing to let Josy go and that none of this had anything to do with Josy "manipulating" or "using" him, but you're too fixated on the sweater, which could be interpreted as a romantic gesture by the way, to see that ename144 made a good point on this one issue. Rather than address it or even hold your hands up and say, "OK, fair enough", you're dismissing it out of hand in a way that seems like you just don't want to admit that they have a valid point.

Honestly, this whole notion that just because you personally don't like a character or characters means you shouldn't have to deal with them is absurd. You all seem to be forgetting that this is not a sandbox game, you don't have full autonomous control over the MC's actions and the MC is clearly not someone that is going to cut these people out of his life, so suck it up and deal with it.
The MC was not willing to let Josy go? I guess that's why he said, Farewell? Yup, grasping at straws here. BTW nice composite of all of your usual (so called) arguments in one post, except you forgot to call me a bigot.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
The MC was not willing to let Josy go? I guess that's why he said, Farewell? Yup, grasping at straws here. BTW nice composite of all of your usual (so called) arguments in one post, except you forgot to call me a bigot.
Your refusal to acknowledge the various examples that ename provided speaks volumes. :rolleyes:

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
I very much agree and this is where my biggest issue with the affinity system lies because it so often contradicts the actions of the player/MC which I feel should matter the most in determining his relationships with them. I honestly think it's more complex to have these 3 systems (affinity, status, and actions) running on top of each other rather than just assign a marker to important actions that can be recalled later. This, to me, would be easier than assigning things to certain paths and would make more sense in terms of how characters perceive him.

But the thing is that you can treat Quinn relatively the same on both paths, yet one rewards you just because of an affinity check. It's exactly the same as the M&J situation in Ep 4 where all paths can do the same things with them yet you're rejected for your affinity even though the sum of your actions with these characters would suggest that you shouldn't be.

His personality, therefore, as far as these people are concerned, shouldn't seem to be something that they don't like since they've only seen one side to them and it's a side they like. This is entirely anecdotal, but years ago I worked with someone who was very different from me personality-wise. There were very outgoing, quite crass at times, and could be quite inappropriate, but we got on very well and became quite good friends depsite being so different. I liked them, bonded with them over some common interests, and came to trust them because they proved it to me in their actions.

Being different in personality doesn't have to mean you don't like someone because you can be different and still like/trust each other, and with all the things the MC can do with Quinn, this should build at least the beginnings of trust no matter what affinity he has and make her accept his help on any path.
i think this still works better with quinn than with M&J

your interactions with quinn in the previous chapters were nothing but harmless fun, sex and pranks
you may've done them all: the cum-petition, the restaurant, smoking on the roof, but all these situations happen between you and the mask quinn shows to everybody else
she probably has done the same with many other guys before
in chapter 6 you meet her when she's weak, hurt and vulnerable, and she'll accept your help only if she feels the connection between you is real because she's about to allow you to see a side of her that she always keeps hidden
now, you may say "this could work with a CHICK as well", but i think she's just an opposite-jill, who even if you treat here well will only accept you if you're a good guy

i'm not saying i want a "saving quinn" type of storyline (*) but to me chapter 6 is the moment when for MC quinn stops being just an occasional side fuck and becomes a potential legit LI

EDIT: sorry if it's necroposting

(*) in fact, i'd love to help quinn taking over the HOTs, turning the sorority into a full-fledged brothel and sending sage to the gloryhole - not that i think i'll get my wish... now, if only this was an evakiss game :sneaky:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gunizz and Zirael Q

-VQueS-

May 1, 2020
You should try to be a little more polite on public forums, man. Stop calling every elaborated counter-argument 'ridiculous' or you'll soon run out of people wanting to discuss anything with you (or even read your own reasons)
Rubbish. You've done nothing more than repeatedly assert that Josy's motives are malign and therefore everything she does is an act calculated to keep the MC on her hook. When I propose the same thing about the MC's motives and show comparable examples of him keeping Josy on the hook, you say it's the most ridiculous argument ever and I'm grasping at straws.

Pot. Kettle. Black.
Don't waste your time with him. It's like talking to the wall.
Is anyone else surprised that the DPC banned him?:LUL:

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
I think PinkCake is one of 5 greatest creators of adult industry :)
Who are the other 4 ?? DPC and Philly are the best devs in this biz. Period. You know it's always worth to wait for these bois to release updates, and you'll never be disappointed.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yes, I'm terrible. I refuse to refute the arguments of Flat Earthers too.
At least when flat Earthers are presented with facts that show why they're wrong they still try to argue their point. You won't even acknowledge the points made by ename and just continue to obfuscate because you have nothing to argue back with.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes