Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yes, I believe he banned Bacchus too.
For offering a reasonable suggestion of how to make the M&J scene in Ep 4 better, not being a belligerently and rudely critical ass or trying to get characters removed just because I don't like them.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
At least when flat Earthers are presented with facts that show why they're wrong they still try to argue their point. You won't even acknowledge the points made by ename and just continue to obfuscate because you have nothing to argue back with.
Wow that flat earthers thing just flew right past you. I don't refute FA's because they have no arguments, they're not reason based creatures.

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Could someone do a concise TL;DR of the most common critics here about DPC writing? Curious, it's mostly the forced M&J?

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Well Well Well, how the tables have turned... seems like the biggest drama DPC is gonna face isnt going to be in BaDIK :KEK::KEK:

Now the question is: Will Arigon dick get fried off? :KEK:

PS: RUN Yuno Gasai, RUN :eek:
I am so speechless!
I would like to thank my mom, my family, my writers and producers. The academy of course for taking such a firm and loving hand with guiding my cock so lovingly that the stream of piss hit every single machine in that Swede’s server farm. I would be remiss if I did not thank the heroic efforts of the paramedics as they tried to find ever single crispy piece of my decimated, fried, and exploded cock. The countless hours as the doctors tried to reassess and assemble what was left of my crispy member. All the fans who donated their stem cells to assist in the regrowth process. But, (and I know I’m speaking for all of my fans out there when I say this. I don’t think I could have managed this without the support you two guys gave me through all of this) most of all a heartfelt deep and abiding Fuck You to DPC for doing what I knew that bastard was going to do from way back when I read Acting Lessons for the first time! Thank you again. This honor, this tribute, it just means the world to me. (Quiet sobs heard in the background)

Reactions: 7211aaron

kheysimodo

Dec 16, 2019
Choosing between helping sage or going with jill for the anniversary was the hardest choice I have to make for a sex game
I love them both
I chose to help sage and I don't regret it, it was a cool scene, but I hope that the jill's relationship is not dead (though I chose the DIK path, so I don't think it will work in the long term)

Reactions: peanewb and txtBild

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Choosing between helping sage or going with jill for the anniversary was the hardest choice I have to make for a sex game
I love them both
I chose to help sage and I don't regret it, it was a cool scene, but I hope that the jill's relationship is not dead (though I chose the DIK path, so I don't think it will work in the long term)

the impression is that it is really a must for Jill, being in the middle of the game the hope of a second chance is there, but as the scene ends it seems to be the "real beginning" of the relationship with Jill.

instead for Sage I think there is some more hope.

Reactions: peanewb

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Your refusal to acknowledge the various examples that ename provided speaks volumes. :rolleyes:
Really? Let's review shall we?

I've maintained that Josy lead the MC on, giving him reasonable expectations of a relationship, for the purposes of giving herself an admirer in a lonely time. Basically that she manipulated him. Earlier today you maintained that that's normal behavior for women. That lying and manipulation is just the way that women interact with the world and it's all perfectly normal.

When Ename joined the argument you switched to his position that Josy never manipulated anyone, and even if she did it was OK because MC manipulated her too. When pressed to prove his point that MC manipulated Josy he gave three examples, and a sweatshirt.

Let's examine those three example's. Amazingly all three of them are actions taken by the MC in response to Josy's initial manipulation of threatening to run away and hold her breath until she turned blue, or something. I maintained that Josy's threat to run away was a manipulation to get the MC to pursue her, and give his attention to her. What was the point of MC's alledged manipulations? How were his reactions to Josy's manipulation in fact manipulations themselves? I don't know, it's your theory of the moment.

And then we have the sweatshirt. After offering her his sweatshirt because he perceived that she was cold, he told her that she could keep it. And this is his arch manipulation of Josy? Maybe he told her to keep it just because he didn't want cooties. Or maybe he expected her to do the polite thing and wash a borrowed garment before returning it.

So given this level of argument is it any wonder that I refused to address it? If you or anyone else has a real argument that you want to bring, I'd love to hear it.

Oh and btw, I have never asked for any character to be removed from the game. That's only a figment of your fevered imagination.

Reactions: anonymoussposter

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I love them both
People didn't like that choice but can definitely expect more like it moving forward. DPC has already started to make players wary about going after multiple girls.

Reactions: peanewb

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Could someone do a concise TL;DR of the most common critics here about DPC writing? Curious, it's mostly the forced M&J?
Oh Lordy. You’re opening Pandora’s Box and I don’t mean the one betwixt her legs. As I am in the Christmas Spirit and shit I will give *** A very few*** and I mean few of the issues with Dr PinkCake’s writing issues:
To begin however you should always start on a high note, then the drubbing, then end on a high note. Fortunately DPC is not a shit developer, just not as great as everyone makes him out to be. So with that
High note- DPC in general comes up with good STARTING character concepts.
after that
He forces things, usually not well received things on his fans, that in general are an artifact of his limited capacity to tell a coherent well thought out story. He contrives situations that put his characters into boxes and forces the reader to follow this path regardless. Usually these paths are not “happy” and contain high degrees of melodrama, character death, threat of psychotic behavior, or huge loss.
his Main Characters have thus far sucked and are not likable. That summary covers a world of sins. On another bright note- he writes very likable Wingman characters. His Renders are top notch and he has actually finished one very mediocre AVN with shitty ending, and will finish this one, but doubtful that there won’t be some really shitty outcomes.

There. I think I summarized it fairly benignly.
peace

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Really? Let's review shall we?

I've maintained that Josy lead the MC on, giving him reasonable expectations of a relationship, for the purposes of giving herself an admirer in a lonely time. Basically that she manipulated him. Earlier today you maintained that that's normal behavior for women. That lying and manipulation is just the way that women interact with the world and it's all perfectly normal.

When Ename joined the argument you switched to his position that Josy never manipulated anyone, and even if she did it was OK because MC manipulated her too. When pressed to prove his point that MC manipulated Josy he gave three examples, and a sweatshirt.

Let's examine those three example's. Amazingly all three of them are actions taken by the MC in response to Josy's initial manipulation of threatening to run away and hold her breath until she turned blue, or something. I maintained that Josy's threat to run away was a manipulation to get the MC to pursue her, and give his attention to her. What was the point of MC's alledged manipulations? How were his reactions to Josy's manipulation in fact manipulations themselves? I don't know, it's your theory of the moment.

And then we have the sweatshirt. After offering her his sweatshirt because he perceived that she was cold, he told her that she could keep it. And this is his arch manipulation of Josy? Maybe he told her to keep it just because he didn't want cooties. Or maybe he expected her to do the polite thing and wash a borrowed garment before returning it.

So given this level of argument is it any wonder that I refused to address it? If you or anyone else has a real argument that you want to bring, I'd love to hear it.

Oh and btw, I have never asked for any character to be removed from the game. That's only a figment of your fevered imagination.
First of all, I never "switched" positions on anything. I merely implied that the behaviour, as you described it, was behaviour that is often attributed to women and that I didn't see any reason to look so negatively upon such behaviour because it is so commonplace. This was not an agreement of your stance on Josy's behaviour, I was just trying to say that if you choose to view it that way that it's not as big a deal as you're making it out to be.

Secondly, if you see this all as conscious manipulation by Josy to "lead him on" then I'd say you have some major hang-ups about women to not even consider that this is all just happening naturally. When she says that thing about possibly moving, she's more than likely just, as we say here, talking out her arse which is something people do all the time, and some people will pick up on that and others won't. It's not a conscious cry for help or her deliberately trying to pull the MC's strings, she just verbalised a random thought and the MC took it incredibly seriously. In this case, it's more about the MC overreacting to Josy's idle thought than it is Josy saying it for attention.

When it comes to the sweater, again, it's an idle gesture by the MC but easily could be interpreted by Josy as a more meaningful gesture than it actually was which is what leads her to saying that "goodbye not farewell" thing because she may have thought this meant something and she wasn't willing to let it end just yet. This is also not manipulation, just a simple gesture that was interpreted as being something deeper by the other person, something which is also quite commonplace.

This entire thing is likely just two people reading more into the words and gestures of each other and confusing the hell out of each other in the process which regards to trying to figure what the other feels for them and what to do about their feelings for the other person. This is a far simpler, more likely, and entirely realistic explanation/interpretation than this being conscious emotional manipulation by either of them.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
First of all, I never "switched" positions on anything. I merely implied that the behaviour, as you described it, was behaviour that is often attributed to women and that I didn't see any reason to look so negatively upon such behaviour because it is so commonplace. This was not an agreement of your stance on Josy's behaviour, I was just trying to say that if you choose to view it that way that it's not as big a deal as you're making it out to be.

Secondly, if you see this all as conscious manipulation by Josy to "lead him on" then I'd say you have some major hang-ups about women to not even consider that this is all just happening naturally. When she says that thing about possibly moving, she's more than likely just, as we say here, talking out her arse which is something people do all the time, and some people will pick up on that and others won't. It's not a conscious cry for help or her deliberately trying to pull the MC's strings, she just verbalised a random thought and the MC took it incredibly seriously. In this case, it's more about the MC overreacting to Josy's idle thought than it is Josy saying it for attention.

When it comes to the sweater, again, it's an idle gesture by the MC but easily could be interpreted by Josy as a more meaningful gesture than it actually was which is what leads her to saying that "goodbye not farewell" thing because she may have thought this meant something and she wasn't willing to let it end just yet. This is also not manipulation, just a simple gesture that was interpreted as being something deeper by the other person, something which is also quite commonplace.

This entire thing is likely just two people reading more into the words and gestures of each other and confusing the hell out of each other in the process which regards to trying to figure what the other feels for them and what to do about their feelings for the other person. This is a far simpler, more likely, and entirely realistic explanation/interpretation than this being conscious emotional manipulation by either of them.
I have to say that you really do have a talent for talking out of both sides of your mouth at the same time. You should take that act on YouTube, it's better than a circus.

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
The main generalised critiques of DPC's writting is that when introducing characters they are highly likable, relatable or interesting with relatively obvious personality characteristics however DPC has a tendancy to prioritise 'plot' over 'character'. so characters act a certain way because the plot demands it, which is quite jaring as it make characters act out of line with how they've been portrayed or characterised thus far.

With the Maya/Josy stuff most of critism that can objectively be leveled is the first couple of episodes, I'd argue until late episode 3, they were characterised as kind and empathetic, especially Maya, though not without hints that they have issues. however unless your on a specific route they seem to be completely with out empathy for the MC following the final scene of episode 4.

following Episode 4 if you are on the friend/rejection route MC becomes mostly an after thought except when they need something

TL;DR Inconsistant characters, with M+J being the most egregous.

Hope that is those are concise enough

Mar 21, 2018
DrPinkCake

I don't know if the developer deleted his account here or just isn't allowing private messages but these comments are directed at the developer not the fans.

Bugs in Episode 6

Dungeons and Gremlins

Bar maiden - 'Buy a mug of mead (20 silvers)' - Bar maiden says it costs 30 silver.

Fruit Shop, Pottery, Blacksmith, and Tavern menus don't grey out properly or stay greyed out when the player fully completes all options in each menu. The logic needs to be fixed and reworked with all of these menus.

Surprise picnic from Jill

The MC mentions to Jill that his frat buddies bought him a new phone for his birthday (while driving the car to the picnic). Jill wants to see his new phone. The MC tells Jill that he left it at home and it is charging. During the picnic, the MC gets a notification on his phone - new rooster post.

Sex in bar bathroom with Nora

The first reverse cowgirl scene with the MC and Nora results in Nora's breasts defying gravity and floating upwards instead of downwards. It looks rather silly. All the other reverse cowgirl scenes don't have this problem.

General Feedback

Forced Story

Way too much of the story is forced. I understand that the majority of players need to be guided through the entire story and have their hands held the entire time but some of us don't. The player has the freedom to choose who he wants to hook up with and everything else seems forced.

Free Roam Mode

This is the biggest joke of the game. The player is given tasks that he must perform during free roam. There is only the illusion of choice here. The player is forced to complete all the tasks before he can leave free roam mode. You might as well force all those tasks also.

What free roam really should be is a map with all locations available. The dorms, the college, the classrooms, the fraternity halls, Isabella's home, the library, the strip club, etc. etc. Unattach most of the events from the story and give requirements for all the events. The events are then triggered once the player meets the requirements and visits the location. This would be sandbox mode and not a fake 'free roam mode'.

For example, I would love to visit Isabella at her home once I stop living with her. I would love to talk with and hook up with some of the HOT girls but am never given the option. I would love to visit the strip club and purchase a VIP membership there. The game is too much like watching a movie or reading a book than an actual game (except for who you want to have sex with).

Final Thoughts

The renders are amazing and the animation is very well done. The story is well done and the writing is excellent. The game suffers from a lack of trust in the player to advance the story on their own so nearly all of it is forced.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'd say that a lot of it boils down to DPC setting things up well but then not sticking the landing either by rushing through the resolution/conclusion, or by having it follow the same track with not much variation based on past actions. The choices that you think would and should influence certain moments, don't, and you end up on the same path doing the same things as though what happened either didn't happen or did happen.

Two such examples are the M&J rejection in Ep 4 and staying with Bella in Ep 5. In the first example, the MC still seems to be firm friends with M&J despite having been turned down by them which is something you'd think he'd take at least a little bit harder, and the in the second example the MC can get frisky with both Jill and Bella in Ep 5 even if he's been a coldfish to both of them and didn't even do the necessary requirements to stay with Bella in Ep 4. So the game seems to be on a largely linear track that doesnt take into account certain choices that should really alter that track more significantly, at least in terms of dialogue and scene variations.

Another common criticism is that they rely too heavily on extreme dramatic twists to inject some life into certain plotlines, but these twists often come out of nowhere making them seem very heavy-handed and illogical, and in some cases can make characters behave in ways that are at odds with how they've been portrayed up until that point, i.e. Jill being manipulated by Tybalt.

There are some complaints from people about being forced to do things with characters that they don't like, but this is less to do with the writing and more to do with personal opinion of those characters.

DrPinkCake

I don't know if the developer deleted his account here or just isn't allowing private messages but these comments are directed at the developer not the fans.
They're not here anymore. They got annoyed at pirates being critical of them and now they stick to the safe confines of Patreon and Discord.

Reactions: Hurensohn Heigl

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
DrPinkCake

Bugs in Episode 6

Dungeons and Gremlins

Bar maiden - 'Buy a mug of mead (20 silvers)' - Bar maiden says it costs 30 silver.

Fruit Shop, Pottery, Blacksmith, and Tavern menus don't grey out properly or stay greyed out when the player fully completes all options in each menu. The logic needs to be fixed and reworked with all of these menus.

Surprise picnic from Jill

The MC mentions to Jill that his frat buddies bought him a new phone for his birthday (while driving the car to the picnic). Jill wants to see his new phone. The MC tells Jill that he left it at home and it is charging. During the picnic, the MC gets a notification on his phone - new rooster post.

Sex in bar bathroom with Nora

The first reverse cowgirl scene with the MC and Nora results in Nora's breasts defying gravity and floating upwards instead of downwards. It looks rather silly. All the other reverse cowgirl scenes don't have this problem.

General Feedback

Forced Story

Way too much of the story is forced. I understand that the majority of players need to be guided through the entire story and have their hands held the entire time but some of us don't. The player has the freedom to choose who he wants to hook up with and everything else seems forced.

Free Roam Mode

This is the biggest joke of the game. The player is given tasks that he must perform during free roam. There is only the illusion of choice here. The player is forced to complete all the tasks before he can leave free roam mode. You might as well force all those tasks also.

What free roam really should be is a map with all locations available. The dorms, the college, the classrooms, the fraternity halls, Isabella's home, the library, the strip club, etc. etc. Unattach most of the events from the story and give requirements for all the events. The events are then triggered once the player meets the requirements and visits the location. This would be sandbox mode and not a fake 'free roam mode'.

For example, I would love to visit Isabella at her home once I stop living with her. I would love to talk with and hook up with some of the HOT girls but am never given the option. I would love to visit the strip club and purchase a VIP membership there. The game is too much like watching a movie or reading a book than an actual game (except for who you want to have sex with).

Final Thoughts

The renders are amazing and the animation is very well done. The story is well done and the writing is excellent. The game suffers from a lack of trust in the player to advance the story on their own so nearly all of it is forced.
I'm going to tell you a secret, DrPinkCake is not going to read our messages. And another as a gift, if they give you a new mobile you don't have to throw away the old one. I have left the house many times with the old cell phone the first day or days after to not break it. Surely the MC has taken the old one while the new one was charging the battery so that he would not be cut off, notice that later he also takes it to the bar and receives a call from Josy

Oh and this is a virtual novel not a sandbox/rpg game dude

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes