Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yeah, but is true its a PM, Bacchus would do well to publish the message in a public way so that everyone can see how when it affects his pocket then he appears.
I think that would be rather counter-productive. No sense provoking them by calling them out.

Well, then Say, no thank you we're fine. :ROFLMAO:
But if you are a mod, then put out there this message, and ask the users what they think, should they allow him to control the place or not ? :ROFLMAO:
I don't really see how I have much of a choice. Sure, the DMCA threat may be an empty one considering that this site continues to have things posted here about the game, but I can't say that it's not either. Perhaps we'll be able to reach a compromise on what can and can't be shared and to not be too punitive, but there's no getting away from them now. So it's either let them in or have it potentially shut down, and trust me, folks with small time notoriety can have Reddit pages related to them shut down if they're determined enough to see it done.

Well, don´t care if this is some Real Shit or another Fake. If there´s something true to that it would be Totally Funny just because not even the Big AAA Titles Companies give long a Shit bout there games, but a VN Dev who's collecting his Donations month after month so that he can even get all he need to make this happen ... Na just Funny as Hell if this is True :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It's very real, I assure you.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
As a developer in such a niche industry it's gotta be a tightrope between getting customers to pay vs getting maximum exposure to hopefully entice more customers.

How many customers would have first tried it here and decided it was worth supporting via Patreon (hopefully heaps, for all these game developers, not just DPC), but how many people have stopped supporting via Patreon due to thinking they can just get it for free here (I'd like to think the mindset of a typical Patreon supporter is they are happy to assist the developers).
Exactly, it is to support your creator, nobody tells you to do the game, you do it because you want to, if they want to support you or buy it through steam,good , being a patreon has advantages, you have it before anyone else and you receive other things in return . That there is a free version or where people share your work should not be bad. What is not good is to earn money with the work of others. Let's remember this guy is an amateur, not a company. If you really want your game to be accessed only by paying and eliminating the rest, it will go wrong, for that, put it to pay when it is complete and whoever wants to pay € 20-30 for it, that's it. What you cannot do is pretend that everyone pays month after month for an unfinished game that comes out every 5 months and at a price of gold.
Can you imagine ROCKSTAR charging an average of € 25 every month for the development of its new gta? at least 6-10 years of development xd

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
As a developer in such a niche industry it's gotta be a tightrope between getting customers to pay vs getting maximum exposure to hopefully entice more customers.

How many customers would have first tried it here and decided it was worth supporting via Patreon (hopefully heaps, for all these game developers, not just DPC), but how many people have stopped supporting via Patreon due to thinking they can just get it for free here (I'd like to think the mindset of a typical Patreon supporter is they are happy to assist the developers).
Well, it's a complicated situation. from one side surely I can understand, this is now his day job, his living, so may be piracy can have an effect. but I honestly doubt it, if people want to support him they will, but he won't gain sympathy. Just like with anything else, in the gaming industry. if people feel it's worth buy it worth support it they will, if they feel mistreated they will speak with their wallet.

on the other hand , nobody forced him to quit his day job. He wanted it by his own, If I remember correctly, He said, He needed 2500 patreon, and he will quit his job and do this as a full time job, a year and half ago.

now He has 9000 patreon, not to mention the Steam probably, and now He was even able to buy himself an RTX 3090 which is not cheap in any way.
So, I don't think He is doing that bad, May be he is getting Greedy just like the AAA companies, and Gamers are not fan of that. the higher you are the bigger you can fail, CD project Red, they were the Demi Gods after Witcher 3 , and look at them now, they have to work really hard to gain back the trust of the gamers.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
that thing about the sub reddit is funny, I joined it on a whim after doing a search on reddit to see if anyone was discussing it there (just to see if it was more or less the same as here) and its just amazing how serious this game is taken, like others have said, people play this game like some here as a book they pick it up read it to get their fix/enjoyment then go about their day, on the other hand someone like me who just recently got into this game, has made me realize how much I missed writing , and am now writing my own short stories or scenes from things.

There has to be a balance I think its fun discussing but that's all it is to me, its like the "Best Girl" discussions I like them all , although in the beginning I was team Maya, that quickly changed once I got to know the other LI's hell if I get a decent crack at Quinn I am going to take it (blame my attraction to dangerous women) I do make it part of my daily routine to check the subreddit and threads out and post when I feel like saying something which is fun because I like being in communities like this where we all share to a certain extent a love for this game.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I think that would be rather counter-productive. No sense provoking them by calling them out.

I don't really see how I have much of a choice. Sure, the DMCA threat may be an empty one considering that this site continues to have things posted here about the game, but I can't say that it's not either. Perhaps we'll be able to reach a compromise on what can and can't be shared and to not be too punitive, but there's no getting away from them now. So it's either let them in or have it potentially shut down, and trust me, folks with small time notoriety can have Reddit pages related to them shut down if they're determined enough to see it done.
Well, ignore him first :ROFLMAO: . don't give them a finger or they will demand your arm. :ROFLMAO:. and no offense, but if this shut down the reddit, community, well its bigger loss for him in the longer run, so let it be, and let it know why. It's seem, He need a harsh reality check, sadly :( :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: OneShotKiller

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
DrPinkCake

I don't know if the developer deleted his account here or just isn't allowing private messages but these comments are directed at the developer not the fans.

Bugs in Episode 6

Dungeons and Gremlins

Bar maiden - 'Buy a mug of mead (20 silvers)' - Bar maiden says it costs 30 silver.

Fruit Shop, Pottery, Blacksmith, and Tavern menus don't grey out properly or stay greyed out when the player fully completes all options in each menu. The logic needs to be fixed and reworked with all of these menus.

Surprise picnic from Jill

The MC mentions to Jill that his frat buddies bought him a new phone for his birthday (while driving the car to the picnic). Jill wants to see his new phone. The MC tells Jill that he left it at home and it is charging. During the picnic, the MC gets a notification on his phone - new rooster post.

Sex in bar bathroom with Nora

The first reverse cowgirl scene with the MC and Nora results in Nora's breasts defying gravity and floating upwards instead of downwards. It looks rather silly. All the other reverse cowgirl scenes don't have this problem.

General Feedback

Forced Story

Way too much of the story is forced. I understand that the majority of players need to be guided through the entire story and have their hands held the entire time but some of us don't. The player has the freedom to choose who he wants to hook up with and everything else seems forced.

Free Roam Mode

This is the biggest joke of the game. The player is given tasks that he must perform during free roam. There is only the illusion of choice here. The player is forced to complete all the tasks before he can leave free roam mode. You might as well force all those tasks also.

What free roam really should be is a map with all locations available. The dorms, the college, the classrooms, the fraternity halls, Isabella's home, the library, the strip club, etc. etc. Unattach most of the events from the story and give requirements for all the events. The events are then triggered once the player meets the requirements and visits the location. This would be sandbox mode and not a fake 'free roam mode'.

For example, I would love to visit Isabella at her home once I stop living with her. I would love to talk with and hook up with some of the HOT girls but am never given the option. I would love to visit the strip club and purchase a VIP membership there. The game is too much like watching a movie or reading a book than an actual game (except for who you want to have sex with).

Final Thoughts

The renders are amazing and the animation is very well done. The story is well done and the writing is excellent. The game suffers from a lack of trust in the player to advance the story on their own so nearly all of it is forced.
Who gonna tell him?

ep5_bella_night105.jpg

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Exactly, it is to support your creator, nobody tells you to do the game, you do it because you want to, if they want to support you or buy it through steam,good , being a patreon has advantages, you have it before anyone else and you receive other things in return . That there is a free version or where people share your work should not be bad. What is not good is to earn money with the work of others. Let's remember this guy is an amateur, not a company. If you really want your game to be accessed only by paying and eliminating the rest, it will go wrong, for that, put it to pay when it is complete and whoever wants to pay € 20-30 for it, that's it. What you cannot do is pretend that everyone pays month after month for an unfinished game that comes out every 5 months and at a price of gold.
Can you imagine ROCKSTAR charging an average of € 25 every month for the development of its new gta? at least 6-10 years of development xd
Well, it's a complicated situation. from one side surely I can understand, this is now his day job, his living, so may be piracy can have an effect. but I honestly doubt it, if people want to support him they will, but he won't gain sympathy. Just like with anything else, in the gaming industry. if people feel it's worth buy it worth support it they will, if they feel mistreated they will speak with their wallet.

on the other hand , nobody forced him to quit his day job. He wanted it by his own, If I remember correctly, He said, He needed 2500 patreon, and he will quit his job and do this as a full time job, a year and half ago.

now He has 9000 patreon, not to mention the Steam probably, and now He was even able to buy himself an RTX 3090 which is not cheap in any way.
So, I don't think He is doing that bad, May be he is getting Greedy just like the AAA companies, and Gamers are not fan of that. the higher you are the bigger you can fail, CD project Red, they were the Demi Gods after Witcher 3 , and look at them now, they have to work really hard to gain back the trust of the gamers.
I think those are rather mean attitudes. Sure no one "asked him to" do anything, but the game is his IP, if you're a pirate then say, "Yes I am unashamedly a pirate, I don't care for the developer, I don't want to pay for this", or pay for it which is contractually the only legal solution. Don't get aggressive towards the developer for wanting people to follow the rules. I've had people steal my software in the past (and make money off it and then lie when confronted) and it makes your blood boil.

That said, I don't agree with perpetual pledging to a Patreon developer, it's just giving away cash. So subscribing for the month of a release suits me fine. I wouldn't pay for renders though, but I don't care for them anyway.

Reactions: 7211aaron

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I think those are rather mean attitudes. Sure no one "asked him to" do anything, but the game is his IP, if you're a pirate then say, "Yes I am unashamedly a pirate, I don't care for the developer, I don't want to pay for this", or pay for it which is contractually the only legal solution. Don't get aggressive towards the developer for wanting people to follow the rules. I've had people steal my software in the past (and make money off it and then lie when confronted) and it makes your blood boil.

That said, I don't agree with perpetual pledging to a Patreon developer, it's just giving away cash. So subscribing for the month of a release suits me fine. I wouldn't pay for renders though, but I don't care for them anyway.
may be, but what you give, is what you get in return. He can thanks a lot to this place, to these fans, He started his career Here. and Now he despise us. There is a little attitude problem with him , none can deny that. and I like his work, and I'm considering buying it once it's complete, but its like how Disney treating the fans. :LOL:, Not in the favor of , yeah you deserve my support

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020

I don't know dude, but even if it's only once, paying a minimum of € 10 for an update seems like a lot to me. By now it would be 60 € and for 60€ sometimes I don't even buy AAA, which have much more content and more quality. I said, if you want to gain money then do it when it is complete, to take out in a few years Being a Dik full game € 60 (nobody is going to pay that xd). But what he can't do is complain about a couple of photos or his game coming out days later for free. Today you have practically any pirate game on the internet, but I buy the ones I like if necessary twice. It's a fucking scam what some devs ask for a month for games, some even to be able to speak in discord ... come on, don't fuck with me, discord! it's a theft. When i see those I think: ok , im not gonna support you thief

Reactions: 7211aaron

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
may be, but what you give, is what you get in return. He can thanks a lot to this place, to these fans, He started his career Here. and Now he despise us. There is a little attitude problem with him , none can deny that. and I like his work, and I'm considering buying it once it's complete, but its like how Disney treating the fans. :LOL:, Not in the favor of , yeah you deserve my support
How do we know he hates this community? I here the same few people preaching it again and again, but what has he done to give that impression (other than not posting here)?

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I don't know dude, but even if it's only once, paying a minimum of € 10 for an update seems like a lot to me. By now it would be 60 € and for 60€ sometimes I don't even buy AAA, which have much more content and more quality. I said, if you want to gain money then do it when it is complete, to take out in a few years Being a Dik full game € 60 (nobody is going to pay that xd). But what he can't do is complain about a couple of photos or his game coming out days later for free. Today you have practically any pirate game on the internet, but I buy the ones I like if necessary twice. It's a fucking scam what some devs ask for a month for games, some even to be able to speak in discord ... come on, don't fuck with me, discord! it's a theft. When i see those I think: ok , im not gonna support you thief
No matter how you want to justify it, too expensive, unfair etc, none of us are entitled to his content for free. So if you want to take it for free, do so, but don't blame the developer. And when he asks people to stop distributing paid content, he is justified. Doesn't mean it will be effective, but once again, don't blame him for protecting his IP. Like I said, it's a thin line, piracy both hurts and helps developers of niche content, but it doesn't make it justified.

rj677

May 30, 2020
been rumbled! :eek:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wow, this in my opinion is a REALLY low point for DPC. At first, I thought that DPC was fighting against that site (I think it was Italian) that is selling this game and many others behind Devs backs, making money at the cost of their work (which is 100 times more wrong)

But then I read it again and I realized that that wasnt it... He is complaining about pirating...

I would understand his claims if the pirating was jeopardizing his life and money, for example, if he had a lowering of patreons/money because of it... But this man is getting more and more patreons every single day, so more money. And not to mention that a lot of people find this game and other AVNs because of discussions like the ones that happen in reddit and especially F95, these, as DPC put it, "illegitimate sites that benefit from my creations".......

He is justified in his claims, like all the other gaming companies that suffered from pirating, but its still a big middle finger to his fans seeing him fall into this much greed... By the way that he said things, it seems like he is almost homeless because of the pirating :cautious::cautious:

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
How do we know he hates this community? I here the same few people preaching it again and again, but what has he done to give that impression (other than not posting here)?
DPC used to post here, some of us have been around long enough to have interacted with him here. He initially abandoned the site because of constant harassment regarding the final stages of his other game, so we know he disliked elements of the community enough to leave.

I don't know first hand, but my understanding is any mention of f95zone on his Patreon or Discord is a bannable offense. He dislikes f95zone enough to forgo paying subscribers over it.

I don't have a problem with DPC trying to protect his IP though, no doubt pirates cost him money. I'm sure he'd ban his stuff here too if he could. He probably has a big enough profile now for the loses from piracy to outway the word of mouth from f95zone these days.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes