Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
He is ashamed to remember his roots
I'm just surprised how much of a damn he gives about this site. He might not be making "fuck you" money (millions), but he's earning enough to at least say "screw you" and to not even give a rats ass about what goes on here or on Reddit, but it clearly bothers them in a way that is hard to to fathom.

I'd wager they get most of their supporters through this site, so in that sense it's the best marketing tool for them, plus the number of people that play it without being patrons is probably quite negligible when measured against how much they make.

Reactions: bluehound36

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I'm just surprised how much of a damn he gives about this site. He might not be making "fuck you" money (millions), but he's earning enough to at least say "screw you" and to not even give a rats ass about what goes on here or on Reddit, but it clearly bothers them in a way that is hard to to fathom.

I'd wager they get most of their supporters through this site, so in that sense it's the best marketing tool for them, plus the number of people that play it without being patrons is probably quite negligible when measured against how much they make.
I'd say most supporters come through Steam. It's a flawed methodology for comparison, but there are 4 times more reviews on Steam than there are on this site for the game.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I'd say most supporters come through Steam. It's a flawed methodology for comparison, but there are 4 times more reviews on Steam than there are on this site for the game.
I very much doubt he would ever have hit critical mass without this site. But now that he has that mass and can sell through Steam, I suspect he loses more sales from piracy than he gains in pirates who go on to support the game after trying it. It's a delicate balancing act, and I won't blame any creator who disapproves of piracy on principle.

That said, the DMCA was far too broad in granting power to creators, and I do not approve of seizing control of a third party site simply because it can be used for piracy. I guess we'll see what comes of it.

Savita23

Jan 27, 2020
I just finished reading AL, and now I am worried about all the characters in this game. I really hope that this a case of creators change with time, rather than, this is just his style. But then there was that warning at the start of the game... Also super glad that of all the LIs I like Sage the best, who seems the safest.

Reactions: Kellermann

Savita23

Jan 27, 2020
This is a Title from DPC, so the word "SAFE" doesn´t exists. Atleast until we know the Endings, then we can say it´s "SAFE" or Not :ROFLMAO:
But but, she is not the main LI, and and only the main LIs get burnt xD I know everyone is under threat, but a man can hope right?

Well now I conflicted, do I want more scenes with Sage or less ...

Reactions: Johnyboie

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
"illegitimate sites that benefit from my creations"
he is gaining new fans & patrons every day thanks to this forum. It's not like F95 is selling his game or something, instead, it urges to support the dev every time one downloads something. If he is so bothered by his growth due to these illegitimate sites that benefit from his creations, he should just stop mentioning them every time he gets a chance to.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kaguzama

Sep 12, 2018
Dr pinkcake's stuff are amazing, just being careful not to grow attached cause i don't want to get hit like the other game did.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
The biggest issue with this game is:
  • More time is spent thinking/talking about it than actually playing it (due to the justifiable delays between episode releases).
This is resulting in some people putting every scene, every line of dialogue under the microscope and picking everything to shreds. It's subjectively one of the best AVN's out there, and definitely way better than "Leap of Faith". :p
Now Shazba,
you know in your heart that Leap of Faith has a much more likable Main Character, a bunch of kick ass girls. Some drama. Some darkness. And overall much better writing. Chris is the ultimate wingman!
No need to string people along with posts designed to get a rise out of critical thinking readers who actually judge BaDIK fairly along side far better written, but perhaps less well illustrated works!

TrainHardnett

Jun 15, 2017
Wow, this in my opinion is a REALLY low point for DPC. At first, I thought that DPC was fighting against that site (I think it was Italian) that is selling this game and many others behind Devs backs, making money at the cost of their work (which is 100 times more wrong)

But then I read it again and I realized that that wasnt it... He is complaining about pirating...

I would understand his claims if the pirating was jeopardizing his life and money, for example, if he had a lowering of patreons/money because of it... But this man is getting more and more patreons every single day, so more money. And not to mention that a lot of people find this game and other AVNs because of discussions like the ones that happen in reddit and especially F95, these, as DPC put it, "illegitimate sites that benefit from my creations".......

He is justified in his claims, like all the other gaming companies that suffered from pirating, but its still a big middle finger to his fans seeing him fall into this much greed... By the way that he said things, it seems like he is almost homeless because of the pirating :cautious::cautious:
Its the double edge nature of pirating in games, as it does both. Also what exactly does he mean in the quote of "illegitimate sites that benefit from my creations"? Adds? Selling his games behind his back? Otherwise its free marketing with 0 profit. If they are selling the games behind his back they need to be shut down (thats actually scummy).

Reactions: bluehound36

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
No matter how you want to justify it, too expensive, unfair etc, none of us are entitled to his content for free. So if you want to take it for free, do so, but don't blame the developer. And when he asks people to stop distributing paid content, he is justified. Doesn't mean it will be effective, but once again, don't blame him for protecting his IP. Like I said, it's a thin line, piracy both hurts and helps developers of niche content, but it doesn't make it justified.
you are right. DPC has all rights to oppose piracy.

then, unfortunately, the great diffusion (inevitable and not limited) of piracy has given the justification for a whole series of national and international laws that are really excessively restrictive on copyright, which in turn end up justifying piracy. a dog chasing its own tail

however I don't understand this intimidating attitude towards the various "pirate" communities, thinking of convincing people in this way seems very naive to me

Reactions: ChipLecsap
Mar 31, 2020
this game is fucking awesome. It has everything, and its the best game i have played so far. This game has amazing storyline. Man, this game reminds me of The Bully. For me, the best girls are maya, jill and sage. If i had some pocketmoney or something like that, i would sure donate it to the Dr.PinkCake. I hope we get the new update soon, i am really willing to play it till the end.

JagsFan84

Dec 1, 2020
I'll be curious to see how Sage reacts if MC is smoking weed.

She's critical of Chad using 'roids, and Riona/Quinn dialogue makes it seem like she rejects weed as well.

Might this be the equivalent of cheating on Melissa/Megan in "Acting Lessons" with Reina/Ana/Leah and it could cause Sage to dump MC during the endgame.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'll be curious to see how Sage reacts if MC is smoking weed.

She's critical of Chad using 'roids, and Riona/Quinn dialogue makes it seem like she rejects weed as well.

Might this be the equivalent of cheating on Melissa/Megan in "Acting Lessons" with Reina/Ana/Leah and it could cause Sage to dump MC during the endgame.
I think she is referring to other drugs, and that the mention is more of a warning about the fight with Quinn than with MC

the restaurant instead could be the tombstone of the relationship

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Now Shazba,
you know in your heart that Leap of Faith has a much more likable Main Character, a bunch of kick ass girls. Some drama. Some darkness. And overall much better writing. Chris is the ultimate wingman!
No need to string people along with posts designed to get a rise out of critical thinking readers who actually judge BaDIK fairly along side far better written, but perhaps less well illustrated works!
To me, the main character in LoF is a cliche. He lost the love of his life, he's all sad, and now that's he's back in the dating game women are throwing themselves at him. The world is so mc centered that I can't enjoy it (when I'm playing it I literally think - this is ridiculous how everything gravitates to the mc). Pretty much nothing is happening that isn't all about the MC. Like pretty much every single AVN out there (perhaps that's what most of the readers want?). Even when he offers to set his best friend up with one of the girls:

me "But how about you?"​
ch "What do you mean?"​
me "Do you like any of the girls."​
ch "Nah man. This is your show..."​

I'm sure the mc can spare at few from his harem... (At least you can actually try to set him up). Scenes that are meant to be cool or funny (dancing in his slippers, the walk to the jet, the partying on the jet, the partying in the limo) all missed the mark for me, I cringed through most of them. I don't know if I even smiled while playing...

BaDIK also has plenty of cliches. The funny sidekick, his huge cock, his dead mom. There's probably heaps more, but I don't find any of them annoying. And when it comes to nailing scenes, BaDIK it is downright hilarious when it wants to be (I laughed out loud numerous times) and when it's trying to be awesome, it's spot on (the sprinkler scene through to the Tybalt punchout as an obvious one).

I'll definitely admit that the BaDIK mc is kinda a bland, blank slate. He isn't funny (too hard to be against the backdrop of Derek), he isn't cool (too hard to be when he's so emotional), he's basically just a young adult initially unsure of himself, but lots of sex helps him along the way. He's more defined by how you imagine him as you proceed down the Chick or DIK paths.

But what I like, that sets BaDIK apart from the other AVNs I've played (admittedly not a lot), is that the MC is peripheral to a lot of what's going on. Sure, from his perspective it's all about him getting laid (which he's achieving quite well), but so much more is going on in the other characters' lives that we (as the reader, not necessarily the mc) are privy to. You complain it's too much drama, I think it's fine.

A short while ago you mentioned the new episode of LoF had come out. I thought, cool, I'll grab that and play it (I'd played the previous episodes). I haven't even finished the new update. I can't be bothered. It got so boring I just lost interest. When ep6 of BaDIK came out, I sat there and played it to completion over night - 6 hours straight (then I had to go to work the next day).

So from my perspective, DPC's writing (not necessarily his story though) is immensely enthralling and entertaining. The only AVN that comes even remotely close is COBD and that's because the story is great.

All that said, I'm not debating you, Arigon, I'm just stating my preferences and explaining how I've come them. You prefer LoF, I prefer BaDIK, art is subjective. The big difference is I'm not on the LoF forum telling everyone how shit it is...

EDIT: Maybe I need to have a look in to the LoF forum and see what people are talking about there, because I imagine there's actually nothing to talk about - the game has no substance...

Mar 31, 2020
this game is fucking awesome. It has everything, and its the best game i have played so far. This game has amazing storyline. Man, this game reminds me of The Bully. For me, the best girls are maya, jill and sage. If i had some pocketmoney or something like that, i would sure donate it to the Dr.PinkCake. I hope we get the new update soon, i am really willing to play it till the end.
oh i forgot to mention. I am not the kind of guy who would laugh at comedy movies or games, but this game's humour (idk if i am spelling that right) is of another level. Man, this game's amazing.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
The big difference is I'm not on the LoF forum telling everyone how shit it is...
If the game is so perfect, then why should criticism of it bother you so much?

When I started playing BaDIK I was really impressed. I thought the game had a lot of potential. But it seem's to me that as each episode drops, that potential just keeps fading. There was so much filler in this last episode that I found it really frustrating, I just want to get on with the story and see where it goes.

But for someone like you who really enjoys the game, why should the criticism's of Arigon or myself matter?

Reactions: Arigon
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes