shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Derek, leave Liam alone ... :mad: :mad:
I don't understand the love for Liam that I read around the place.

At least Derek is a college student, he's meant to be immature and I think he's hilarious (probably would avoid him in real life though...)

Whereas Liam was just a sad 40 something year old. He just came across like a turd to me. Pretty much the same as Chris in Leap of Faith. Chris always reminded me of the sidekick in Adam Sandler's Wedding Singer:

View attachment the-wedding-singer-1998_ZwvWIEvx_uzlt.mp4

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't understand the love for Liam that I read around the place.

At least Derek is a college student, he's meant to be immature and I think he's hilarious (probably would avoid him in real life though...)

Whereas Liam was just a sad 40 something year old. He just came across like a turd to me. Pretty much the same as Chris in Leap of Faith. Chris always reminded me of the sidekick in Adam Sandler's Wedding Singer:

View attachment 984183

Liam, like Jacob for example in BADIK, gives MC some real, wise, even unpleasant advice to hear.

he's not just a clown to distract you (as a player) from the dramas of history

Liam is a friend, Derek is chaos

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

Exactly. I don't hate Liam, but as the story progressed, I really started to dislike the way he was portrayed and I agree that he was way too old to be acting so silly.

I wonder if they'll be back after yesterday. :unsure:
Do I even want to ask what happened yesterday? I hope he'll be back because I'll miss his annoyed Jill pictures whenever someone said something off. That always made me laugh.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Acting Lessons, DPC's previous game, had more than 20 different endings, depending on your choices. If I had to take a wild guess, I would say BaDIK will have as many, and maybe even twice that. Wrong decisions can't ruin it if you have as many do-overs as you wish.

If you plan on playing AL, leave this thread immediately and start it. If you don't, I guarantee you will see AL spoilers you will wish you hadn't.
You will see AL spoilers if you stick around. Whether you will regret seeing them is down to personal preference.

AL ends as a very different game than it started. Personally, if I hadn't known some sort of twist was coming I would have been even less happy when I finished the game. I can't really say anything more without getting into details.

Exactly. I don't hate Liam, but as the story progressed, I really started to dislike the way he was portrayed and I agree that he was way too old to be acting so silly.
Liam is generally a great character, but occasionally he goes too far and he switches from goofy-but-dependable to downright insane. Those insane moments really undercut the rest, though I still like him overall.

Derek, IMHO, strikes a better balance by being younger and having a tighter variance on his zaniness (though possibly a higher median). He's also showing sudden potential for character growth after the last episode, which would be very interesting if it continued.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Since Cyberpunk has consumed my free time for the last month I haven’t been about much but I did notice some people questioning the point in the new phone. Well other than it being a superficial way to keep things fresh there also appears to be something going on with the phones in the story. Remember Jamie also lost his and it was replaced (by Rusty I think). So the superficial change might be masking something of plot significants.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Redd23

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You will see AL spoilers if you stick around. Whether you will regret seeing them is down to personal preference.

AL ends as a very different game than it started. Personally, if I hadn't known some sort of twist was coming I would have been even less happy when I finished the game. I can't really say anything more without getting into details.

Liam is generally a great character, but occasionally he goes too far and he switches from goofy-but-dependable to downright insane. Those insane moments really undercut the rest, though I still like him overall.

Derek, IMHO, strikes a better balance by being younger and having a tighter variance on his zaniness (though possibly a higher median). He's also showing sudden potential for character growth after the last episode, which would be very interesting if it continued.
Liam does a huge nonsense: the tattoo.

but he compensates by really helping Mc in many situations: he pushes him to go out, he assists him during the coma, he helps him with DICK, the owner of the shop, he helps him in the evening with the HOTs (even leaving him way for the threesome), he intervenes when things they start getting bad with Melissa's stepfather, eventually defending Meghan from him, defending MC from Rena or warning him of her behavior....

all with the little excuse of having cancer, believing he is going to die and having no money left.

Derek certainly makes laugh more, but I wouldn't trust him with another's goldfish either

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
DPC made an alt account and shared this just to fuck with us, that's what. :ROFLMAO:
I've long believed that DPC lurked on these forum's, I mean the guys ego is obviously too big to ignore people talking about him.

Recently though I'm beginning to wonder if he has gone around the bend. The infamous Reddit incident, the retreat behind paywalls. I really hope I'm wrong, but nothing else would seem to explain it. He has to be making at least six figures USD off of Patreon. Hovering around 9,000 subs and some of his outrageously priced tiers has got to be bringing in just piles of money. Also given that one update represents four to five months income, I can't imagine that his cost could come close to the projected income.

So why this odd and seemingly self damaging behavior? If someone has a better theory please share it.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I've long believed that DPC lurked on these forum's, I mean the guys ego is obviously too big to ignore people talking about him.

Recently though I'm beginning to wonder if he has gone around the bend. The infamous Reddit incident, the retreat behind paywalls. I really hope I'm wrong, but nothing else would seem to explain it. He has to be making at least six figures USD off of Patreon. Hovering around 9,000 subs and some of his outrageously priced tiers has got to be bringing in just piles of money. Also given that one update represents four to five months income, I can't imagine that his cost could come close to the projected income.

So why this odd and seemingly self damaging behavior? If someone has a better theory please share it.
Without remarking on DPC personally, I will say that I found his tiers to be very overpriced. And I really did not appreciate how higher tiers were weighed more heavily than lower tiers in polls. That really bothered me, it's like the definition of a plutocracy.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes