ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Was recommended this game recently. Played all of Episode 1, and not sure how far into Episode 2... sadly this game isn't for me. I think the renders are fantastic, the story so far is written for a certain audience though and that audience I don't think is me. That said, it is still well written and definitely made me go further than I might have. I wish DPC all the best with this, obviously this a very popular game with many fans, but not exactly what I am looking for personally. So I hope everyone continues to enjoy.
If you played into Episode 2 I think you should have a fairly good sense of what the game will be like on the story side (the gameplay changes a bit as new side features are added later). Sorry to hear it wasn't your thing, but thanks for giving it a try (and being civil about it).

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Was recommended this game recently. Played all of Episode 1, and not sure how far into Episode 2... sadly this game isn't for me. I think the renders are fantastic, the story so far is written for a certain audience though and that audience I don't think is me. That said, it is still well written and definitely made me go further than I might have. I wish DPC all the best with this, obviously this a very popular game with many fans, but not exactly what I am looking for personally. So I hope everyone continues to enjoy.
I've gotta say, you are in the rare minority of people who can objectively review something you didn't enjoy. When I see reviews like, "I don't like college games 1/10", it pisses me off! Yay for objectivity! :giggle:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Specifics. What wasn't doing it for you?

Not looking to criticise your opinion or anything like that, just curious to know.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Today there are 10,000 patrons supporting the creation of Being a DIK and it's absolutely wonderful seeing how many of you enjoy the game.

Thank you so much for your support! No matter what you pledge, you're helping the game both get made and get better.

I've been working hard on the next episode, but in anticipation of this day, I've started producing something special to celebrate this huge milestone together with you.

Starting today, and then two times per week (Wednesdays/Saturdays, starting next week) until I run out of material to post, I will post wallpapers that I've meticulously created for you.

To start off here's the first wallpaper of Sage. You can find high-resolution versions attached to this post, including full HD, 4k, and 3440x1440, for you ultrawide monitor lovers.
View attachment 986403
View attachment 986404

Enjoy!

Status update

Lately, I've been working on, what feels like, everything at once. The biggest focus has been producing one big free roam event.

The free roam event is close to being completed, but it needs polishing and content in a few more areas.

I've started writing phone conversations and the new phone feels like a nice improvement when it comes to texting.

I've also been working on adding more animations.

I'm starting to get a grasp of how much there's left in terms of animations, and I think that ~200 total seems like a good ballpark number.

159 animations are completed and I have a small queue with a few animations in it. I have a few lewd scenes left to write and pose for.

Currently, 1937 static renders are produced. I can't accurately estimate the progress in this area.

I will spend next week focusing mainly on writing and likely posing static renders.

In poll news, Jill won the special render poll for episode 7 and will get a special render set dedicated to her.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Well at least he is close to complete the animation work.

Also Sage's wallpaper look really nice.:)

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
everyone has their preferences and taste
please enlighten us what certain aspects and things you didn't like in the game
you're one of the very few people here who didn't like the game for some reason.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
I've gotta say, you are in the rare minority of people who can objectively review something you didn't enjoy. When I see reviews like, "I don't like college games 1/10", it pisses me off! Yay for objectivity! :giggle:
Thanks. I can appreciate the work that goes into making these. You can clearly see the fantastic renders, the writing is good... the story is just not something I specifically enjoy for me to continue on. But yes, I am not going to rate a game poorly just for the sake of it. I did 'give it the college try' lol

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Specifics. What wasn't doing it for you?

Not looking to criticise your opinion or anything like that, just curious to know.
everyone has their preferences and taste
please enlighten us what certain aspects and things you didn't like in the game
you're one of the very few people here who didn't like the game for some reason.
I guess I prefer to be more of the 'good' guy, and I realise the game is called Being a DIK and that it involves fraternity antics, the irony isn't lost on me. I was hesitant at first to even play as I am not usually into Humilation games as is (not out right, but if it's too much) and saw that tag. However, I am softie and while I definitely enjoy the lewd scenes, I love seeing Romance in the tags... however, I couldn't get through a lot of the early portions to potentially get there. Honestly, if this was me, I honestly would have left when the MC wanted to. I wouldn't have come back or stuck around. So it just comes down to preferences.
Again, I love and appreciate the work though; would never say it's bad because I felt the game wasn't for me.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I guess I prefer to be more of the 'good' guy, and I realise the game is called Being a DIK and that it involves fraternity antics, the irony isn't lost on me. I was hesitant at first to even play as I am not usually into Humilation games as is (not out right, but if it's too much) and saw that tag. However, I am softie and while I definitely enjoy the lewd scenes, I love seeing Romance in the tags... however, I couldn't get through a lot of the early portions to potentially get there. Honestly, if this was me, I honestly would have left when the MC wanted to. I wouldn't have come back or stuck around. So it just comes down to preferences.
Again, I love and appreciate the work though; would never say it's bad because I felt the game wasn't for me.
Well, I'm with you on that whole "not liking frat antics" stuff, and I too probably would have just chosen to leave if it were me, but you can still be the 'good' guy if you want to be even if it does mean putting up with some frat stuff. In fact, there's only a couple of things that the MC is forced to be involved in. A lot of what he has to do for his pledge/hazing (known as Hell Week in the game), he can actually leave up to Derek to do. Meanwhile, you can be the 'good' guy with all the various LIs and even side girls by choosing all the good guy choices (a.k.a CHICK choices), or at least most of them, and there's still plenty of lewd content by doing this. Plus 4 of the main LIs lean towards the CHICK path, so there's plenty of choice there.

The cum-petition in Ep 2 really doesn't represent the tone or theme of this game and I think that if you were to carry on past that and keep playing, you'd find that it's not as bad as this part might make it seem.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes