Johnyboie

Jun 9, 2020

This week I focused on producing static renders and working on a free-roam event.

The animation playtime of this episode alone is now over 18 minutes, which is a +110% increase compared to episode 6. I think I've produced all animations needed, but a few scenes remain to be written.

The static render count of 3505 has also officially surpassed episode 6.

To show you the work I have left to do, I can try to make a bullet point list of it:

Missing content:

• Static renders for a handful of scenes (Estimation: 200-1000 renders)
  • The final free-roam event is ~50% done
  • 2 new/updated features need coding/art
  • 3 scenes haven't been written yet
  • Any animation(s) for the unwritten scenes
  • Content for 2 mini-games
  • Add sound and music for ~30% of the update
  • Phone content (Mainly chats/Rooster/phone calls)
Other development activities:

• Meticulously play and polish the update
  • Double-check variables, choices, branches
  • Compatibility test changes with older saves
  • Rewrite/trim/touch up scenes after playing
  • Initial spellcheck before proofreading
After this, beta testing and proofreading will start, which will get the time it needs to make sure that the new features work.

10,000 Patrons wallpaper series
For the seventeenth wallpaper, I give you Quinn.

View attachment 1080381
View attachment 1080382

Only 2 wallpapers remain in the series.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Well she looks hot
Now ename144 where are you i need that big brain of yours to do the math stuff:)

Reactions: GamerMcGameFace

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020

This week I focused on producing static renders and working on a free-roam event.

The animation playtime of this episode alone is now over 18 minutes, which is a +110% increase compared to episode 6. I think I've produced all animations needed, but a few scenes remain to be written.

The static render count of 3505 has also officially surpassed episode 6.

To show you the work I have left to do, I can try to make a bullet point list of it:

Missing content:

• Static renders for a handful of scenes (Estimation: 200-1000 renders)
  • The final free-roam event is ~50% done
  • 2 new/updated features need coding/art
  • 3 scenes haven't been written yet
  • Any animation(s) for the unwritten scenes
  • Content for 2 mini-games
  • Add sound and music for ~30% of the update
  • Phone content (Mainly chats/Rooster/phone calls)
Other development activities:

• Meticulously play and polish the update
  • Double-check variables, choices, branches
  • Compatibility test changes with older saves
  • Rewrite/trim/touch up scenes after playing
  • Initial spellcheck before proofreading
After this, beta testing and proofreading will start, which will get the time it needs to make sure that the new features work.

10,000 Patrons wallpaper series
For the seventeenth wallpaper, I give you Quinn.

View attachment 1080381
View attachment 1080382

Only 2 wallpapers remain in the series.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
My prediction 23/04/2021

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
The amount of work he is doing is massive, also the work he still has to do would take months for me, I don't know how he can manage that and be alive, as he works alone. I really hope he's not overdoing things because health is priority, and also because we all need him to complete the game! ;)

The Quinn wallpaper is fantastic, but one thing I do not understand about DPC renderings is the bad skin texture that affects most of them. It's very strange because the other aspects of his renderings are so curated. Does it depends on the models he use, on DAZ settings, his GPU or what else? Do the other developers process on Photoshop and he misses this final step?
It's really strange to me because he is very meticulous regarding every other aspect, so I notice more that single defect. I've never used DAZ so I'm really ignorant on how it works. I know that usually devs retouch the images on Photoshop, maybe they fix the skin in that final step?
As an example to explain (sorry my skills are VERY limited), I just did a fast edit on PS, the face skin is now softer (the difference obviously can be seen only with a big screen). Is there a tool in DAZ to smooth surfaces?
quinn_4k_skin.jpg click to enlarge (your p3nis)

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
WOW.. This is incredible work.
However it means file size is going to go upwards as well. 10 GB is already too big to download for me and I believe many others like me. Also if I'm forced to download the compressed version for the same reason like many others it will be a real pity.
10Gb is a one time download, after that you can use the update only downloads which are much smaller, just as long as you don't mod the original.

moxyy

Nov 21, 2019
A mid-April release still seems possible. Beta testing and proof reading (about 2 weeks) will likely take longer to complete then any actual feature/script-writing.
I think early may the earliest with beta testing and all that, but i really hope 6 months one update won't be the norm after this one

Reactions: Razrback16

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
WOW.. This is incredible work.
However it means file size is going to go upwards as well. 10 GB is already too big to download for me and I believe many others like me. Also if I'm forced to download the compressed version for the same reason like many others it will be a real pity.
For this game at least I plan to reserve 50gb as a minimum

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
10Gb is a one time download, after that you can use the update only downloads which are much smaller, just as long as you don't mod the original.
That's why you keep whatever original you got and each update, that way you can still reinstall the game without having to download the whole thing again, you just have to do it in pieces..

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
That's why you keep whatever original you got and each update, that way you can still reinstall the game without having to download the whole thing again, you just have to do it in pieces..
And how are things going, a single episode will occupy 10gb and the compressed version will reach 30gb

Nov 14, 2016
this update is not going to focus on story so its obvious that not much static renders are needed
Maybe DPC changed some stuff up. If he was going to do like around 5k renders it would take much longer. People are losing their minds as it is :D. I still don't know who KRJ is and at this point am too afraid to ask...

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes