Coinzell

Jul 15, 2017
i don't know what to tell you man, if its M&J that block it, all i can say is that i kept my affinity at neutral through most of the game and kept jumping points up and down, and when i got to quinn roof scene i was able to do it and still leave with both M&J in a relationship, you keep saying its only about M&J relationship based on a Walkthrough that might be mistaken, i don't know what to tell you, just play the game and test it, its the only way to find it out, its what i've been doing.
Wait a minute. You've talked about roof scene with Quinn? Not the scene in the last episode?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
i don't know what to tell you man, if its M&J that block it, all i can say is that i kept my affinity at neutral through most of the game and kept jumping points up and down, and when i got to quinn roof scene i was able to do it and still leave with both M&J in a relationship, you keep saying its only about M&J relationship based on a Walkthrough that might be mistaken, i don't know what to tell you, just play the game and test it, its the only way to find it out, its what i've been doing.
DPC wrote that walkthrough so I hardly think they're "mistaken" since they're the one who makes the game.

Wait a minute. You've talked about roof scene with Quinn? Not the scene in the last episode?
No, they're talking about still getting the Quinn scene in Ep 6 whilst being on the M&J path, but I'm calling BS or they've stumbled upon a flaw in the code.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
during the guitar lessons outside scene it cuts to mel and sarah when mc n sage are kissing
sarah:this will make it easier when chad breaks up with her.
mel: im going to call him
s: easier... but sage will still me furious
m:if things ever go south.... you have my back right

The scene where Chad and sage are fighting after he breaks up with her varies slightly (I don't remember which combo of choices I made) but the specific one I was talking about, after the look chad and mel give eachother, mel says "he broke up with her, now we can be together"

Edit: It could of been my sage only run and mc didn't fuck mel in the shower. The save i used he did and mel said " i... I just cant." N Sarah said "it will be ok"
There are no branches in that break up scene at all. It plays out the exact same way no matter what you've done prior in the game.

Mel says virtually fuck all in episode six. She almost has more lines in the DnG game than she has for the rest of the episode.

So in that break up scene with Chad and Sage, there's definitely a look that Chad and Mel exchange, but all she says is:

Melanie: "I can't..."​

And Sarah responds with:

Sarah: "Shh... It's ok. It will be ok."​

And they leave the room.

Later she talks to Sage at lunch, and tries to offer some help.

But definitely there's no "Now we can be together" dialogue, it's just not there.

Since you guys were talking about the whole Chad drama let me show you something that I bet no one else noticed:BootyTime:

Chad's red sneakers...

View attachment 1109669

...spotted in Troy's room:PogChamp:

View attachment 1109675 View attachment 1109676

Unless dpc is deliberately trying to fool us, now we know that Chad and Troy are definitely connected and that was even before MC arrives since the shoes were already there on the first evening.

View attachment 1109693
That's some presidential shit right there! :eek:

Theories appart, Chad still broke my girl's heart, he shall not be forgiven
This is a strange conundrum. You're angry that a guy has dumped a girl you like (meaning she'll be available once she's picked up the pieces). Would you rather he stayed with her? :p

Nope, no mod, i was able to to get Quinn scene in Ep 6 just by micro management, you don't need to get all the points with the characters to romance them, you just need to get enough, after that you just have to worry about affinity and DIK or CHICK points, back and forth like Jade always says.
But didn't M+J route prevent Quinn scene?
The walkthrough clearly states that the M&J route point-blank blocks the Quinn scene.

View attachment 1109801
That walkthrough is wrong, i tested a few paths, including the one that M&J are still in a relationship, on this scene only having more DIK points is what counts.
I tested even the Cathy car drive, she still gave me the business even tho i was on a relationship with M&J even tho in the walkthrough it said that it would not be possible.
That's DPC's official walkthrough that he writes himself. So either he made a mistake somewhere in the code or you stumbled upon a bug.

Some more details could help here, like how much RP you acquired for M & J, what choices you made with them and Quinn, and what Status and Affinity you were in Ep 6. Let others try it out and see if it works for them too.

That doesn't work, I tried it.
Could be because my character is in so many relationships that him and M&J are not really considered a relationship, in a conversation i remember they mentioning keep going but with no strings or something, maybe when the game detects more than one relationship it just breakis or something, no idea at this point, all i know is that i've played twice without mods on similar paths with M&J relation plus some other girls and i still get Quinn in the end.
The logic is very clear. If any of the following are true, Quinn keeps walking:
  • pathMayaJosy (this means the girls chose to be in a relationship with the MC at the end of episode 4)
  • not quinnLikesYou (this is only set false if you're not playing on a PC - weird one)
  • not ep4_quinn_lewd (this means the MC never fucked Quinn on the DIK roof in episode 4)
  • affinity != "DIK" (this means you did not predominantly chose DIK path critical choices, like whether you fight the Jocks outside the change rooms etc.)
So any of the above (it doesn't have to be all) are true, and Quinn walks.

Now if you installed the walkthrough, the scene gets modified and the mc will always have sex with Quinn if you choose "Help Her".

Also note, there are no points with Quinn, just flags regarding previous actions.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Real question is if this game will have a more tragic ending than the past game, i really hope not.
It's going to be so tragic, surprised pikachu face will implode across the internet.

at least there will be one Tragic Ending or can be more in this game
besides,
what can possibly go wrong:BootyTime:
Quinn goes to jail for drug dealing, prostitution and possible murder if the one image is to be believed. One of the girls (ice queen) goes psycho and kills several students the MC is banging. Mr. Burke uses his influence to force girls to continue said prostitution or goes on to delete their transcripts from the school system, having them kicked out altogether to wind up destitute, working at a local mcdonald's just to fuel their drug and alcohol addictions, Arieth goes on to spread STIs to all the jocks and perhaps some of the diks (the mc if he's stupid), Derek gets that old lady he banged pregnant, worst of all....

tybalt gets the mc kicked out and bangs his watermelon dream girl.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
DPC wrote that walkthrough so I hardly think they're "mistaken" since they're the one who makes the game.

No, they're talking about still getting the Quinn scene in Ep 6 whilst being on the M&J path, but I'm calling BS or they've stumbled upon a flaw in the code.
Josy/Maya path with Quinn in EP6 also works for me. That is because of the mod.

Even if you have the mod installed and don't use the mod, it unlocks it.
All this is also saved in the persistent file.

Even if you have the mod installed and you don't use the mod, it unlocks it.

You can't remove the mod without damaging the game.
You can only remove the mod by deleting the entire folder and unpacking the game again. You also have to delete the folder under C:\Users\dalli_x\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BeingaDIK-1535311494.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Nah, I doubt DPC is going to go that hard. But I do like the idea of a "MC goes too far trying to help those he cares about and takes some slippery steps" arc.
You're suppose to be my friend Garrus, in 47 days I'm leaving you to die in dark space.

On a more serious and on topic note. I'm waiting to see what the branching brings. It's the characters that make this game what it is, the overall plot is rather weak and not really that important since it's quite unlikely we finish the college year let alone 4 years.

And to fully be with or understand Quinn, the MC at some point needs to enter her world, which is the world of hard drugs and junkies.

I'll wait and see what episode 7 brings before delving deeper into the darkness.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
There are no branches in that break up scene at all. It plays out the exact same way no matter what you've done prior in the game.

Mel says virtually fuck all in episode six. She almost has more lines in the DnG game than she has for the rest of the episode.

So in that break up scene with Chad and Sage, there's definitely a look that Chad and Mel exchange, but all she says is:

And Sarah responds with:

And they leave the room.

But definitely there's no "Now we can be together" dialogue, it's just not there.
Can always count on you for a script check, shazba. (y)

Now if you installed the walkthrough, the scene gets modified and the mc will always have sex with Quinn if you choose "Help Her".
Josy/Maya path with Quinn in EP6 also works for me. That is because of the mod.

Even if you have the mod installed and don't use the mod, it unlocks it.
All this is also saved in the persistent file.
Well, there we have it. Seems we now know how RogueEagle was able to get those scenes.

Although the "Chad is gay theory" is a strong one that I can get behind (no pun intended), I'd still take this link between the shoes with a massive grain of salt because DPC has re-used assets before.
I think the point was to focus on the broom that fell on the floor and alerted Chad. It's possible that it has a double purpose by focusing on the shoes, but DPC tends to re-use assets in different places, like the newspaper:

View attachment 1109708 View attachment 1109709 View attachment 1109713

Bella and Jill's book:

View attachment 1109715 View attachment 1109716

The drawers and desk in the MC's bedroom and Maya's dorm:

View attachment 1109726 View attachment 1109727 View attachment 1109728

Even the MC and Tommy have the same skin map:

View attachment 1109735 View attachment 1109738

So maybe it is a hint of something or maybe it isn't, I'd just take it with a pinch of salt since it could just be another case of re-used assets.

Last edited:

Coinzell

Jul 15, 2017

And Sarah responds with:

And they leave the room.

This is a strange conundrum. You're angry that a guy has dumped a girl you like (meaning she'll be available once she's picked up the pieces). Would you rather he stayed with her? :p

The logic is very clear. If any of the following are true, Quinn keeps walking:
  • pathMayaJosy (this means the girls chose to be in a relationship with the MC at the end of episode 4)
  • not quinnLikesYou (this is only set false if you're not playing on a PC - weird one)
  • not ep4_quinn_lewd (this means the MC never fucked Quinn on the DIK roof in episode 4)
  • affinity != "DIK" (this means you did not predominantly chose DIK path critical choices, like whether you fight the Jocks outside the change rooms etc.)
So any of the above (it doesn't have to be all) are true, and Quinn walks.

Also note, there are no points with Quinn, just flags regarding previous actions.
I'd give you like, but i'm long out of reactions, so here it is (y)

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
You're suppose to be my friend Garrus, in 47 days I'm leaving you to die in dark space.

On a more serious and on topic note. I'm waiting to see what the branching brings. It's the characters that make this game what it is, the overall plot is rather weak and not really that important since it's quite unlikely we finish the college year let alone 4 years.

And to fully be with or understand Quinn, the MC at some point needs to enter her world, which is the world of hard drugs and junkies.

I'll wait and see what episode 7 brings before delving deeper into the darkness.
Some of the story related branching (like whether the MC gave the Jade sex tape over to the DIKs) might be pretty serious!

DPC said there was some significant branching, which scares me that there will be a lot of mutually exclusive relationship shit happening this time around.

Hopefully it's just things like, "Fuck Quinn" or "Fuck Sage", or like "Go out on a date with Jill" or "Stay home and jerk off".

I hope we're not talking, "Dump Jill" or "Dump Sage" kinda branching! :eek:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Some of the story related branching (like whether the MC gave the Jade sex tape over to the DIKs) might be pretty serious!

DPC said there was some significant branching, which scares me that there will be a lot of mutually exclusive relationship shit happening this time around.

Hopefully it's just things like, "Fuck Quinn" or "Fuck Sage", or like "Go out on a date with Jill" or "Stay home and jerk off".

I hope we're not talking, "Dump Jill" or "Dump Sage" kinda branching! :eek:
I really hope, in this instance, that DPC sticks to what they did in AL and leave the whole dumping/getting dumped to near the end of the game and not in the middle of it. What with this being a game about young people in college, I don't feel that there needs to be any emphasis put on serious committment with any of the LIs, at least not when the MC has only been in college for less than a month.

It is, as Jill said, "just dating" and sure, the girls might not like that he's seeing/sleeping with other people, but this is what dating is about; figuring out who is the right one for you, and that's what the MC is doing right now. So he should be allowed the time to do so and not be forced into a committed relationship this early just because DPC wants people to play it multiple times.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I wonder if we will get a Free Roam event in Burke's office in EP7? :unsure:
Doubt it. We need Burke to attack first, before MC and his boys counterattack. So any muckery like snooping in Burke's office will probably happen in the the episode after Burke's overt fuckery, at the very least. So if Burke acts in 7, ep 8 at least.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes