vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
lol

It's not really my ending. I'm a romantic, if I wrote it, it would be much more positive and loving. What I did was, I asked myself "What kind of completely fucked up twist could DPC come up with in this situation." So, that's what I thought he would write. :)
DPC is also romantic. I would remind you one of the most romantic stories in human history is about Romeo and Juliet and we all know how it ends.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
it's a good theory because it gives an explanation to points that are unanswered or clearly left as misteries by DPC. i don't really see what fact you're expecting, maya doesn't have to have any male characteristic to be intersex. so if by fact you mean casually finding a dna test lying in her bedroom where it shows she has a Y chromosome then i don't see that happening anytime soon.
OK, Walter Victor gave an explanation why sex change is improbable, Ennoch why is improbable transgender through pics...

I see why you think intersex theory could be possible but you've got a bigger problem. If Maya has all-female features then it's the same thing as she is just a regular girl.

The MOST important thing - that theory doesn't offer any explanation for her conflict with her father. I mean, it's not a really logical thing her father would say: "Hey, Maya, I'll pay your tuition if you get rid of your Y chromosome".

So, the problem is your theory is sterile - the game could work the same way without it and with it. It doesn't give us any answer to Maya's situation.

Last edited:

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
DPC is also romantic. I would remind you one of the most romantic stories in human history is about Romeo and Juliet and we all know how it ends.
Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy, not a love story. The reason being is that they were in lust, not love. The fact is there is no way two people can fall in love in barely 3 days time so deeply they'd be willing to die for each other. The play doesn't even end happily either so that is a rather poor comparison to make.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy, not a love story. The reason being is that they were in lust, not love. The fact is there is no way two people can fall in love in barely 3 days time so deeply they'd be willing to die for each other. The play doesn't even end happily either so that is a rather poor comparison to make.
Tragedy, as a form of drama, doesn't exclude love story, as the main theme of that drama. You can read about Romeo and Juliet wherever you want and you'll never find any source claiming it's not a love story.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Tragedy, as a form of drama, doesn't exclude love story, as the main theme of that drama. You can read about Romeo and Juliet wherever you want and you'll never find any source claiming it's not a love story.

There are elements of romance in the story but the fact is, shakespeare wrote it to be a tragedy. A tragedy deals with tragic events and usually result in the ruination of the main character. A romance, during medieval times, dealt with often historical or heroic deeds. It did so in the form of allegorical poetry, so as to romanticize the events. It is commonly a rendering of light and amusing characters that concludes with a happy ending. The games DPC makes may have tragic elements in them but they do at least end with something that provides a relatively happy/romantic ending as opposed to everyone dying or winding up in some form of hell that they have zero hope for the future.

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
5. The domination ending.

Quinn finally gets the MC to notice her good side. She is quite charming and he ends up falling head over heals in love with her. After a short spell, she begins to trust the MC more and more, and lets him in on her enterprises. The MC starts a webcam site for the HOTS as another stream of income. Then he starts streamlining the drug side of things, and the money starts to roll in. After a while they decide they are powerful and rich enough to take over the whole university. They devise a plan, and it worked! After that, they proceeded to take over the county. Then the state. Then the country. The next thing you know, they are riding in a Mercedes convertible on the Av. des Champs-Elysees waving to all of the adoring masses lining the street. And they are cheering on their new benevolent emperor and empress.
Beautiful

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017

There are elements of romance in the story but the fact is, shakespeare wrote it to be a tragedy. A tragedy deals with tragic events and usually result in the ruination of the main character. A romance, during medieval times, dealt with often historical or heroic deeds. It did so in the form of allegorical poetry, so as to romanticize the events. It is commonly a rendering of light and amusing characters that concludes with a happy ending. The games DPC makes may have tragic elements in them but they do at least end with something that provides a relatively happy/romantic ending as opposed to everyone dying or winding up in some form of hell that they have zero hope for the future.
Whoa... So, all other experts and almost every human being ever heard of that story, all encyclopaedias are wrong because you and 3 other men think so?
And, apparently, you never heard of few millennia old tradition of tragic romances.

d09151fa496b5aab735e3d25bd04eca4.jpg

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
it's a good theory because it gives an explanation to points that are unanswered or clearly left as misteries by DPC. i don't really see what fact you're expecting, maya doesn't have to have any male characteristic to be intersex. so if by fact you mean casually finding a dna test lying in her bedroom where it shows she has a Y chromosome then i don't see that happening anytime soon.
The bi thing is much more probable,not because it wouldn`t make sens in the story but simply because it would be a yuge turn-off for laaaaaarge portion of the audience wether they would admit it or not.

Reactions: Mormont

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Whoa... So, all other experts and almost every human being ever heard of that story, all encyclopaedias are wrong because you and 3 other men think so?
And, apparently, you never heard of few millennia old tradition of tragic romances.

View attachment 342216
Beyond this, i'm not going to argue any further about something you clearly have no intention to learn about. Shakespeare wrote that play to be a devastating tragedy rather than the star-crossed lovers depicted in the original poem. I've had numerous Lit Professors explain this and people I know that are in actual theatre that agree with it, Romeo and Juliet was not intended to be THE love story of all time. It was intended to be a spoof or a parody of drama on the Italian stage to show how the very idea of these incredibly young kids dying for each other in such a tragic way was completely ridiculous.

Furthermore, Romeo and Juliet are unable to overcome the feud and their wishes and their love is literally poisoned. The play is a tragedy because the protagonists could not overcome the antagonist. For that play to have actually been classified as an outright romance, the protagonists of the story should have overcome the obstacles in their way and achieved a happy ending. Thank you and good night, sir.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Beyond this, i'm not going to argue any further about something you clearly have no intention to learn about. Shakespeare wrote that play to be a devastating tragedy rather than the star-crossed lovers depicted in the original poem. I've had numerous Lit Professors explain this and people I know that are in actual theatre that agree with it, Romeo and Juliet was not intended to be THE love story of all time. It was intended to be a spoof or a parody of drama on the Italian stage to show how the very idea of these incredibly young kids dying for each other in such a tragic way was completely ridiculous.

Furthermore, Romeo and Juliet are unable to overcome the feud and their wishes and their love is literally poisoned. The play is a tragedy because the protagonists could not overcome the antagonist. For that play to have actually been classified as an outright romance, the protagonists of the story should have overcome the obstacles in their way and achieved a happy ending. Thank you and good night, sir.
Nobody said it isn't a tragedy. And nobody said that love story is the main motif - but it's there FFS. Two people. In love.
Tragic love is the most common motif in our literature since the dawn of our civilization.
Ever heard of Tristan and Isolde? Love - Death. Ever heard of Lancelot and Guinevere. Love - Death (of almost everyone).

Should I continue?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes