shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Meh, for an American 20-something dating implies an exclusive relationship. MC and Jill are 'talking' and not dating leaving MC free to play the field as much as he likes.

MC and Jill actually dating at this point in the game would be an awful decision. Way too early to start narrowing down routes.

And I will still die on the hill that current prude Jill and MC is a relationship doomed from the start unless DPC plans to show us a hidden sexual side.
Dating has been confused over time.

Taking a girl out on a date (movies, restaurant, picnic) etc, means you're dating her. You don't know if "this is the one" so you date her to see if you're compatible, you like her, etc.

Putting too much emphasis on dating (must be exclusive) is why people end up in shit relationships. They don't play the field, they just latch on to one person, and if they feel that person isn't right for them, they have a hard time breaking up. And a lot of people just settle because they've invested so much time in the relationship.

If you date a bunch of girls at the same time (like not literally at the same time, but on different days), you've got grounds for comparison, and you're not taking it too seriously. Once you start to get really serious with one girl, that's when you go exclusive, to show her you are serious.

"Dating" is just going out with a girl. When you get serious, the old fashion term used to be "going steady".

America used to follow this approach too. Now everyone takes shit too seriously.

Last edited:

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020

Taking a girl out on a date (movies, restaurant, picnic) etc, means you're dating her. You don't know if "this is the one" so you date her to see if you're compatible, you like her, etc.

Putting too much emphasis on dating (must be exclusive) is why people end up in shit relationships. They don't play the field, they just latch on to one person, and if they feel that person isn't right for them, they have a hard time breaking up. And a lot of people just settle because they've invested so much time in the relationship.

If you date a bunch of girls at the same time (like not literally at the same time, but on different days), you've got grounds comparisons, and you're not taking it too seriously. Once you start to get really serious with one girl, that's when you go exclusive, to show her you are serious.

"Dating" is just going out with a girl. When you get serious, the old fashion term used to be "going steady".

America used to follow this approach too. Now everyone takes shit too seriously.
So, acording to thoose rules, to date 20 different people at the same time would be ok. But to date someone even if its only one, meanwhile you already are in a relationship would be wrong?.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
Yeah. Thats pretty much the idea behind speed dating events. If they even happen anymore.
And to date someone when you are in a relationship would be also wrong towards the person you are dating, couse he suposedly will be looking for a relationship, and you are already in a relationship? Couse the date sistem is not meant t oget you fun but ratherto study posible relations, its a non spo k en ruleof that sistem.
Is that the logic behind at least some of the Maya/Josy haters? That system?

Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
So, acording to thoose rules, to date 20 different people at the same time would be ok. But to date someone even if its only one, meanwhile you already are in a relationship would be wrong?.
All the terms are really just semantics. But you should be able to take different girls out on dates without being being considered a cheater. Of course there are no "rules" so some girls might feel that's not right, so it's up to you to navigate that. But once you and your girl decide to take things to the next level, there should be an understanding that it's exclusive, if you start taking other girls on dates after that, well expect there to be repercussions!

That's pretty much the approach DPC has taken in this game. Only at the end of episode 6 is the MC starting to think he has serious feelings for Jill (if you go down that path), and a number of times he's commented to Sage (if you choose to) that he'd like more out of their relationship. The relationship with M&J is a complicated one, and they've decided to play it by ear, not lock it down or label it. And the relationship with Bella is just fucked.

The mc is definitely dating Jill (tennis, picnics) and by her own admission, they aren't yet in a serious relationship, and while she may be jealous of him dating other girls, they are not at a point where she feels he should be exclusive to her.

Having sex is no longer the ultimate defining point in a relationship, people hook up all the time, so it's ok for the mc to fuck as many girls as he wants, as long as he's not telling them that he's exclusive to them and that the relationship is anything more than fun.

In the end, each relationship is how you define it, and it's important that both people (or all three if you're managing that!) are on the same page, otherwise people get hurt. But feelings are weird, people get hurt anyway sometimes.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
And to date someone when you are in a relationship would be also wrong towards the person you are dating, couse he suposedly will be looking for a relationship, and you are already in a relationship? Couse the date sistem is not meant t oget you fun but ratherto study posible relations, its a non spo k en ruleof that sistem.
I can't speak to the logic of their haters. A lot of them just spout nonsense.

But yes, part of the issue with Maya/Josy is that they were in a relationship, and cheated on each other with MC. They broke their commitment to each other, so why should we trust they won't do the same? A liar is always a liar, cheater is always a cheater is the basic idea.

Reactions: Heycock and shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Not all relationships are looking for something serious. Relationships can just be for fun too, but who knows where is could lead to (Sage for example).

But if you are in a serious relationship (or even married) and you start an affair, if the person you're cheating with understands it's just an affair and you have no intention of leaving your husband/wife for them, then you're only cheating on one person (your spouse).

But if you're leading this new person on, telling them you're going to leave your spouse for them (or not even telling them you're in another serious relationship), then yeah, you're cheating on two people.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
All the terms are really just semantics. But you should be able to take different girls out on dates without being being considered a cheater. Of course there are no "rules" so some girls might feel that's not right, so it's up to you to navigate that. But once you and your girl decide to take things to the next level, there should be an understanding that it's exclusive, if you start taking other girls on dates after that, well expect there to be repercussions!

That's pretty much the approach DPC has taken in this game. Only at the end of episode 6 is the MC starting to think he has serious feelings for Jill (if you go down that path), and a number of times he's commented to Sage (if you choose to) that he'd like more out of their relationship. The relationship with M&J is a complicated one, and they've decided to play it by ear, not lock it down or label it. And the relationship with Bella is just fucked.

The mc is definitely dating Jill (tennis, picnics) and by her own admission, they aren't yet in a serious relationship, and while she may be jealous of him dating other girls, they are not at a point where she feels he should be exclusive to her.

Having sex is no longer the ultimate defining point in a relationship, people hook up all the time, so it's ok for the mc to fuck as many girls as he wants, as long as he's not telling them that he's exclusive to them and that the relationship is anything more than fun.

In the end, each relationship is how you define it, and it's important that both people (or all three if you're managing that!) are on the same page, otherwise people get hurt. But feelings are weird, people get hurt anyway sometimes.
Well, it seems practical, thats for sure. I knew something about the date sistem in USA, but most of this is new for me. I alwaysgot amazed for how rational the northamerican aproach is about this issues. Yet culturaly i feel more comfortable with the sistem i know, mine. Is less rational, less perfect and therefore more romantic. You never ask phone numbers on the streets, you just meet someone doing your life- You dont go out "on a date", just find a way to spend time together. There is no 3 days rule or 3 dates rule. And you never, ever mention other girls, even if they re friends, you pretend they dont exist. If you are just ocasionally kissing two girls, if they find each other you will see how serious the things are going acording to their reaction. If they doesnt matter is just casual sex. If she start to hit you in the head means you are an ashole and you have to decide wich one you like more, hope she still want to keep dating you, and know that she will hate that girl for the rest of her life.

Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Well, it seems practical, thats for sure. I knew something about the date sistem in USA, but most of this is new for me. I alwaysgot amazed for how rational the northamerican aproach is about this issues. Yet culturaly i feel more comfortable with the sistem i know, mine. Is less rational, less perfect and therefore more romantic. You never ask phone numbers on the streets, you just meet someone doing your life- You dont go out "on a date", just find a way to spend time together. There is no 3 days rule or 3 dates rule. And you never, ever mention other girls, even if they re friends, you pretend they dont exist. If you are just ocasionally kissing two girls, if they find each other you will see how serious the things are going acording to their reaction. If they doesnt matter is just casual sex. If she start to hit you in the head means you are an ashole and you have to decide wich one you like more, hope she still want to keep dating you, and know that she will hate that girl for the rest of her life.
There really aren't any hard rules in western societies, but some cultures are quite strict on how things should be done, mostly those cultures marginalize the female experience. The rules that Jill talks about, that's just bullshit. People do what they are comfortable with.

Moffy

Sep 25, 2019
What are Philly's updates like? Does he release one chapter at a time? As one chapter of Being A DIK is maybe the equivalent of 5 City Of Broken Dreamers chapters. If it's 5 months for similar length chapters to everything else in COBD then it's not worth jumping back in yet.
It's not as much as BADIK but in my opinion it's pretty good amount of content for an update and the quality of his game and the content is just amazing.

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
Her reaction seems to be because she know's it's big. That means she's got something to compare it against (her own maybe?)

People are probably asleep. :sleep:
:cautious::LOL::ROFLMAO: Bro you gonna kill somebody.
I am just imagining that spoiler .
It will be like dildo game at dik party.
What mc does with dildo when ...derek to arith to derek . . .
Somebody save mc

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018

If you date a bunch of girls at the same time (like not literally at the same time, but on different days), you've got grounds for comparison, and you're not taking it too seriously. Once you start to get really serious with one girl, that's when you go exclusive, to show her you are serious.

Indeed this is the healthy approach.

Thing is, most men don't have the emotional bandwidth to date multiple women at the same time with an objective approach, so they end up doing that solely for more sex, which kinda defeats the purpose of 'dating' multiple women at once rather than having one night stands.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

the ice remains very thin for MC. for now i don't think any relationship is dangerous, the only exception being maybe Bella + Jill. but it's all apparent calm and i don't think we'll decide when it's time to start getting serious

Maya (with Josy who agrees) almost makes a prophecy, if we care about the relationship we'll know when to stop, will there be a last "betrayal" to avoid? from the dramatic character I expect that Mc could be caught with someone (more a sidegirl than another LI) and at that point he'll be faced with the choice, or as in chapter 4 faced with the decision of the two girls

Sage has been hiding from this point of view for now, she's actually the one who rejected (or may have) MC from that point of view, so she has to make a change first, but will she warn us of this change or will an overly uninhibited MC never be worthy of her trust and they'll remain fuckbuddy until goodbye?

Bella is in a similar situation to Sage, in her situation she can't demand anything, you have to break free of her adulterous status first, after that there will probably be some signs to pick up on or an actual statement of intent.

Jill is the only one for whom it might already be too late to experiment around anymore, it sounds absurd but it might be so, after the picnic in theory it shouldn't be long before their relationship becomes official

we'll see, although I don't think the seventh chapter will bring many changes (except maybe the beginning of the single route with Maya and Josy)

Reactions: shazba and Tadpol

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
the ice remains very thin for MC. for now i don't think any relationship is dangerous, the only exception being maybe Bella + Jill. but it's all apparent calm and i don't think we'll decide when it's time to start getting serious

Maya (with Josy who agrees) almost makes a prophecy, if we care about the relationship we'll know when to stop, will there be a last "betrayal" to avoid? from the dramatic character I expect that Mc could be caught with someone (more a sidegirl than another LI) and at that point he'll be faced with the choice, or as in chapter 4 faced with the decision of the two girls

Sage has been hiding from this point of view for now, she's actually the one who rejected (or may have) MC from that point of view, so she has to make a change first, but will she warn us of this change or will an overly uninhibited MC never be worthy of her trust and they'll remain fuckbuddy until goodbye?

Bella is in a similar situation to Sage, in her situation she can't demand anything, you have to break free of her adulterous status first, after that there will probably be some signs to pick up on or an actual statement of intent.

Jill is the only one for whom it might already be too late to experiment around anymore, it sounds absurd but it might be so, after the picnic in theory it shouldn't be long before their relationship becomes official

we'll see, although I don't think the seventh chapter will bring many changes (except maybe the beginning of the single route with Maya and Josy)
Given the communication breakdown that is often at the core of drama in this game so far, I'm not going to expect a clear sign from the girls as to when enough is enough regarding the mc's philandering ways.

Even though Maya and Josy discussed the openness of their current relationship with each other, both are not happy when the mc admits to flirting when Becky joins them at the lunch table.

And that's the thing, just because you're allowed to do something, doesn't mean people will appreciate it...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Given the communication breakdown that is often at the core of drama in this game so far, I'm not going to expect a clear sign from the girls as to when enough is enough regarding the mc's philandering ways.

Even though Maya and Josy discussed the openness of their current relationship with each other, both are not happy when the mc admits to flirting when Becky joins them at the lunch table.

And that's the thing, just because you're allowed to do something, doesn't mean people will appreciate it...
in reality MC would have already blown his chances with each of the 5 LIs

because the way the story has been told they should be quite aware (or suspicious) of each other.

knows aboutBellaJillJosyMayaSage
Bellax30%30%30%
Jill100%x100%99%
Josy50%100%x100%80%
Maya50%100%100%x80%
Sage100%100%x

the risk that at some point there will be an adventure that will not be forgiven to MC is real, but the fact that DPC has so insisted that the LIs explicitly (not always realistically) give MC permission to look around makes me think that a signal that the game is changing will be given

as, for example, may have already happened with Jill

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes