Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
3 more days then after that another 5 months of waiting for ep8. I'm just looking at the preview pics we got for this chapter and it's going to be interesting. Sage got like 3 previews.
3 more days until that pretender Casmyr is officially dethroned by King SomboSteel and thrown in the oubilette for his crimes of pretending to be "Big Money Cas" :Kappa:

Reactions: Mikedazz1

lolgotem

Jun 8, 2020
Too early in the morning for mods to be on the warpath, just goes to show the systemic bias at play in tearing down Maya.

But i'll be the bigger man in the face of administrative hate.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Antonio Montana

DaBigD

Apr 7, 2021
I think from what I've seen so far, issues are being resolved and new ones are coming to light as the story progresses. The question is where these situations will take the MC. We just started to get to know some of the characters, i do not feel it near the end. Too many questions open, hence the number of theories here. :)
i agree its just getting started, cathys resignation-new,
mayas father-just warming up,
tybalts blackmail - whats his 1 more thing.
burke prostitution ring-begining to fail
quinns, financial problem-what is it?
bellas husbands story. ,
while a few might be winding down, others we are just seeing come to life.
i doubt 1-2 episodes or even 3 can bring it to a close

Reactions: Reggie32

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I think from what I've seen so far, issues are being resolved and new ones are coming to light as the story progresses. The question is where these situations will take the MC. We just started to get to know some of the characters, i do not feel it near the end. Too many questions open, hence the number of theories here. :)
Really? Which ones are being resolved? We still have lingering mysteries from season 1. Now (ep. 7) would be a good time to start resolving some issues so new ones can be presented for season 3. Ideally, you should solve some season 1 issues by the end of season 1 and do the same for season 2. It's a tried and true formula that works in the storytelling. I don't want to be knee deep in season 3 and still not know what Bella's deal is or still have the Maya dad thing pending.

carlosrm

Oct 5, 2020
You'll have to elaborate on what gave you the impression that the story is coming to an end because I didn't get even a hint of that from the recent episodes.
DPC is lengthening the story as if it were real life, (that is, there will always be something more) and I like that.
Having played so many games of this style, any other author would have finished the game when you officially joined the Diks. Or also shortly after when maya and josy make the decision.( Obviously having already solved the whole story) But DPC goes even further. There is a big problem, and within that problem he creates small stories that are being solved. (which like I said, could be the final of the game, but DPC keeps going further and further)

Daxos89

Jan 12, 2019
Really? Which ones are being resolved? We still have lingering mysteries from season 1. Now (ep. 7) would be a good time to start resolving some issues so new ones can be presented for season 3. Ideally, you should solve some season 1 issues by the end of season 1 and do the same for season 2. It's a tried and true formula that works in the storytelling. I don't want to be knee deep in season 3 and still not know what Bella's deal is or still have the Maya dad thing pending.
Well, there has been some issues resolved aready; MC needed a new room, hell week is over for both MC and M&J, Josy's dad and getting into BR issues.
The Maya daddy issue is currently being resolved. Hopefully within ep 7 it gets resolved or in ep 8 at season end. The story is progressing steadily I think.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Well, there has been some issues resolved aready; MC needed a new room, hell week is over for both MC and M&J, Josy's dad and getting into BR issues.
The Maya daddy issue is currently being resolved. Hopefully within ep 7 it gets resolved or in ep 8 at season end. The story is progressing steadily I think.
I'm thinking more in terms of the mysteries instead of minor obstacles. MC's room and hell week weren't ever really in question. You knew MC was going to sleep somewhere other than the street and it was a foregone conclusion that MC would make it into the DIKs. I hope you're right about the Maya dad thing. If it isn't done by ep. 7, then it really needs to be by ep. 8 end.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I'm thinking more in terms of the mysteries instead of minor obstacles. MC's room and hell week weren't ever really in question. You knew MC was going to sleep somewhere other than the street and it was a foregone conclusion that MC would make it into the DIKs. I hope you're right about the Maya dad thing. If it isn't done by ep. 7, then it really needs to be by ep. 8 end.
I get the feeling you're both going to be pretty disappointed with Maya's daddy drama.

When I look at Maya's story, it very much feels like DPC is just doing a basic 3 act structure. Trying to get free tuition is Act 1. Daddy showing up to raise the stakes on the heels of Maya's failure is the start of Act 2. And as part of the Rising Action, now Maya and her pals need to learn new skills to worm out of the situation.

I see the Maya-daddy story going on for like 5-6 episodes more, easily.

EDIT: But yes. I wish this just ended. As dogshit storytelling as it is, I would rather ep7 start with Daddy coming and going "hey honey, sorry, I had a brain tumour that made me act like a complete cunt. Doctors pulled it out and I'm all good now. Ignore all that threatening stuff. Live your life! Say hi to Josy for me!"

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Imagine the theories when we have to wait a whole year for an episode.
People would be saying the craziest stuff like:
- MC is secretly gay since he likes to have sex with a lot of women as a way to cover his sexual orientation
- Tybalt is MC's long lost brother
- Maya is the best girl
those are some crazy ass theories!

MC being gay? perhaps add a counter on how many times he goes for anal over regular sex? if every time you got a chance you went for anal instead of pussy cream pie you might be on to something! not gay but bisexual for sure!

Tybalt might be the MC brother if my Lynette got played by Stephen theory works out! or he might be because Jade cucked Stephen! 2 different paths same ending!

Maya best girl? ok whatever you are smoking just share around that shit seems good!

If we really do reach the one year mark for wait someday. One of us needs to hire a psychologist. Because there's gotta be a Nobel prize winning paper in dissecting the posters' descent into Lovecraftian madness.
there is no lovecraftian madness before lovecraft there where already stories by people like Anne Frank Ann Rice (i wonder if lovecraft real name was Anne something?) or the bible so that is just one kind of madness who lovecraft perfected but far from being unique or even started by him!

as for people trying to pretend to be pissed just read the bible verses where the leviathan shows up...

and before the christian scriptures several tablets with myths from Babylon and others have also been found regarding such crazy stuff!

I have started this Melody yesterday. It is good. There are some issues with the writing, as in the characters sometime say or think some things that should have been phrased better. But overall I'm enjoying it. There are some BaDIK references and the main girl looks a bit like Josy. (Or I just have withdrawal)
Thanks man for the recommendation, will check the other one as well.
be careful with DA that is a totally different beast that can hit you on your soft parts!

I seen some of you mention a end of season. What does that mean for this game?
every 4 chapters make a season that will be released on steam!

most of us here are pirates enjoying the game for free... but several of us also buy the steam version,

a few of us are also patreon supporters and the rest of us just call them idiots if they pay more then 5$ a month (except for casmyr and sombo because they get us the renders and updates)! So a season is just a way to mark the time where the still honorable but cheapest of us show some love to DPC!

I like the idea of 4 seasons. It would be a good round number for BaDIK with 16 total episodes. I think 20 episodes is a bit much and if the game size and development time keep growing exponentially, then it will be many years before we see a conclusion. As much as I enjoy the game, I would like to see a resolution this decade (and a beginning to the next project). The number 1 problem most popular series have is that they go on for too long. Go out on top should be the mantra. Of course you have to be sure not to shit the bed like GOT. Low bar for DPC though. Just don't kill our ladies.
look the main story is gonna happen and it will always involved Josy Maya Derek and Quinn everything else is up for grabs! but by ep.8 or ep.10 DPC will start cutting out paths by giving them an ending with Bella Jill or Sage so he can finally concentrate on the endgame so if you are going for Jill or Bella be ready to end your game by ep.12 to 14! Sage i assume 16! every episode after those endings will get 5 minutes of cuddle time with your girl and then you get back into the action of helping out whatever is the main storyline... perhaps with plenty of traps that will ruin your relationship with your chosen LI!

So the highest amount of content will probably be between ep.8 to ep.12 and to access all that content you will need like 16 different saves and from then on all the paths will converge to the final story! That is why whatever it happens Josy Maya Derek and Q will be part of your "chosen" family or not and the results of your choices! That is how i would do it!

While y'all having arguments about who is the best girl , im just here with my dick in my hand waiting for a release date. *when will be the release date?*
23rd to 30th of this month!

3 more days until that pretender Casmyr is officially dethroned by King SomboSteel and thrown in the oubilette for his crimes of pretending to be "Big Money Cas" :Kappa:
cas might still surprise us all and come up with the 1st release of them all.. the one with all the unfounded bugs!

better to wait for the 30th release if you wish to avoid frustation!... we know we are not gonna wait!

Too early in the morning for mods to be on the warpath, just goes to show the systemic bias at play in tearing down Maya.

But i'll be the bigger man in the face of administrative hate.
you keep your head held high! as . stated all it takes for a corrupt regime to fall is for a good man to always speak his mind on what is the truth! if you cave you buy them years of oppression if you do not cave you shorten their lifespan! it is not easy but that`s is why only a few reach the rank of heroes!

Also when Q got robbed i assume she lost the money and not the drugs! what was that money for?

I get the feeling you're both going to be pretty disappointed with Maya's daddy drama.

When I look at Maya's story, it very much feels like DPC is just doing a basic 3 act structure. Trying to get free tuition is Act 1. Daddy showing up to raise the stakes on the heels of Maya's failure is the start of Act 2. And as part of the Rising Action, now Maya and her pals need to learn new skills to worm out of the situation.

I see the Maya-daddy story going on for like 5-6 episodes more, easily.

EDIT: But yes. I wish this just ended. As dogshit storytelling as it is, I would rather ep7 start with Daddy coming and going "hey honey, sorry, I had a brain tumour that made me act like a complete cunt. Doctors pulled it out and I'm all good now. Ignore all that threatening stuff. Live your life! Say hi to Josy for me!"
dude its more likely that the dad just says! i do not want to loose you, you are still my little girl! i disagree with your lifestyle and choices so you keep that to yourself and i will keep my homophobia to myself!

and then goes on a rant about the bible and free will to find an excuse to ignore Maya sexuality and still have a relationship with her without having to cave in into the left wing liberal agenda!

people are allowed to be wrong to be bigots and to be stupid along as those things do not hurt others its their choice and right!
hell that is what the bible states clearly on the new testament! as for the old one... better not get there!
Name three things we know about Quinn that don't involve drugs, prostitution, or using people.
Anal threesome and she is damaged as shit but that made her a strong woman that does Anal and is not worried about sharing her man with her friends into threesomes!

white knights love damaged goods! accept it and roll with it! and good for the world or most women past 25 that are not married would never find a partner again! there is a reason why the chinese called them leftover women! almost every culture in the world as similar terms!

but they still deserve love and attention Q synthesizes that on this game!

Last edited:

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
Isn't this a bit contradictory? Whats under the shell is a facade? Wouldn't the shell itself be the facade? But the fact that there is a shell means that what you see isn't whats inside. Which would also mean the character has depth. And showing it means character development.
Yes, it's entirely contradictory. We still don't know anything about Quinn.

We don't even know why she likes the MC except that it's a game where everyone wants to fuck the MC.

Even as far back as Sage telling the MC Quinn likes him, why? Because she likes fucking with people and he let her? Weak.

Name three things we know about Quinn that don't involve drugs, prostitution, or using people.

Other than feeling sorry for her name one reason the MC would even involve himself with her.

Quinn doesn't have a single redeeming value that would make anyone like her. That might change but it hasn't changed yet.

Her primary motivation is still money, which, for some stupid reason, the MC offered her for nothing in return.

Hell, she even called him stupid for it.

screenshot0017.png

And then she got defensive.

screenshot0018.png
So, if the argument is she likes the MC because he didn't like seeing her bleeding from her face in the rain ...

what decent person would?

No sale on the depth argument. Or the character development.

If we're going to get down to it, character development is one of DPC's weaknesses. I could write a novel on why that is, but, in short, we don't even really know anything about the MC beyond his ability to have multiple personalities depending on whether he wants to fit in with the DIKs or the CHICKS.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020

Other than feeling sorry for her name one reason the MC would even involve himself with her.

Quinn doesn't have a single redeeming value that would make anyone like her. That might change but it hasn't changed yet.

Her primary motivation is still money, which, for some stupid reason, the MC offered her for nothing in return.
Some will find Quinn rejecting the money a redeeming value. Means she can genuely love someone to the point to rejecting his money to prove a point. And that point is that sex is not interested but rather driven for atraction.

And yet the main reedeming value is that she come from poverty, violent and marginal fathers. Thoose who like Quinn can imagine her childhood and forgive her flaws since they were built from her role models, her parents. But this ultimetely depends on the reader, thoose who has emphaty for the marginal will feel empathy for Quinn, and thoose who dont will not.

Daxos89

Jan 12, 2019
be careful with DA that is a totally different beast that can hit you on your soft parts!
Thanks for the heads up. Yes, I read the story description and decides to try the lighthearted romance stuff first. I will DIK around with Melody until friday. Then I will check out DA after I played the hell out of ep 7.

Reactions: Warscared

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
Some will find Quinn rejecting the money a redeeming value. Means she can genuely love someone to the point to rejecting his money to prove a point. And that point is that sex is not interested but rather driven for atraction.

And yet the main reedeming value is that she come from poverty, violent and marginal fathers. Thoose who like Quinn can imagine her childhood and forgive her flaws since they were built from her role models, her parents. But this ultimetely depends on the reader, thoose who has emphaty for the marginal will feel empathy for Quinn, and thoose who dont will not.
If Quinn were a primary LI I might subscribe to that theory but she's not one and those in the know have said she will not be one so the MC developing feelings for a fuckbuddy seems a bit outside the playing field. The entire point of casual sex is that there are no emotional strings attached. So, if DPC is going that route he needs to make Quinn a legitimate LI.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
If Quinn were a primary LI I might subscribe to that theory but she's not one and those in the know have said she will not be one so the MC developing feelings for a fuckbuddy seems a bit outside the playing field. The entire point of casual sex is that there are no emotional strings attached. So, if DPC is going that route he needs to make Quinn a legitimate LI.
I have no clue if in the future you will be able to have a relationship and an ending with a non LI. Regardless of MC feelings for Quinn, Quinn has feelings for the MC, Sage sayd so in chap 4. The MC had at least one option to sayd he has feelings for Quinn, same chapter. So is not exactly casual sex. There are other more subtile proves that i think has been posted.
But, let said this is not enough prove. Then why she rejected the money?

Reactions: OneShotKiller

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
you are right, very few mysteries solved

in each chapter there are of course closed events, but many were born in the chapter itself (like the blackmail of Tybalt)

the only big mystery we can consider closed is the relationship between Maya and Josy, which anyway represented the lintel of the first season.

the photos sent to Chad are old stuff now, and yet completely out of the plot at this time

every chapter piles up mysteries (half of which are probably only mysteries to us and will never have any real solution)

Reactions: Kellermann

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
My setting is 60 posts per page and the release date was posted at page 2076, we now at 2099, you guys are insane, that's about +1320 posts since 4 days, average 330 daily.. :LOL: Three more days. :cool:

Reactions: SomboSteel

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
Yes, it's entirely contradictory. We still don't know anything about Quinn.

We don't even know why she likes the MC except that it's a game where everyone wants to fuck the MC.

Even as far back as Sage telling the MC Quinn likes him, why? Because she likes fucking with people and he let her? Weak.

Hell, she even called him stupid for it.

View attachment 1152746

And then she got defensive.

View attachment 1152744
So, if the argument is she likes the MC because he didn't like seeing her bleeding from her face in the rain ...

what decent person would?

No sale on the depth argument. Or the character development.

If we're going to get down to it, character development is one of DPC's weaknesses. I could write a novel on why that is, but, in short, we don't even really know anything about the MC beyond his ability to have multiple personalities depending on whether he wants to fit in with the DIKs or the CHICKS.
Y'know, at this point I have to wonder. What's really compelling you to go on these longwinded, asinine tirades: Your hatred of the character or you're actually losing sleep over the fact that there are people out there who genuinely like her?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes