Dr Krieger

Jun 28, 2017
Incoming essay alert! Lol.

TL;DR: Think it's Quinn / someone Quinn-adjacent, but could be Derek or another Alpha.

Could be someone we haven't even met yet or is currently an extremely minor character. We're still getting introduced to new characters all of the time. What's weird is that the MC is getting blamed for it. I think it's just because he's an easy target and had very visible confrontations with Chad (as opposed to being specifically targeted). So far this has been supported by the story, but could easily change with further context. We also know next to nothing about Chad's backstory except that:

1) He's gay, and
2) He's the (now former) leader of the Alphas.

Maybe he's related to someone important that's been causing a big headache for Burke / the school. Maybe someone noticed him bullying MC and wanted to teach him a lesson. Maybe he's a nobody but just the head jock, and someone wants to butt him out and take his place. Maybe it's not about Chad at all, but is about Sage instead.
  • It could be someone like Caleb trying to butt Chad out and take his place as the new head of the Alphas. We don't know much about the other Alphas right now, but the current appearance is that they're all on Chad's side. That could change if any of them have an anti-LGBT stance. The enduring stereotype has been that Jocks "can't" be gay, but I expect DPC to take this trope and turn it on its head as far as the Alphas are concerned.

• Could be someone like Quinn, who keeps things close to her chest and manipulates and manipulates and manipulates. Quinn has a lot to gain if Sage is distracted with Chad's infidelity, and Chad being blackmailed makes him fearful of not being able to come out on his own terms. Also, Riona, who Quinn keeps under a very tight leash. (Highly, highly doubt it's Riona acting on her own.)

• Could be Derek. Really, really hope it's not Derek. There's a scene with Burke viewing the video about the MC/Jade if MC tells Derek about it, which is likely a red herring to make us suspicious of Derek early on. Granted, that leads to the Jade video being uploaded into the DIK laptop, so... could easily be a different DIK responsible (or someone like Quinn to remove an obstacle like Rusty since he seems like a good dude).
    • However -- Derek has access to the drone before the end of Ep 3. We never actually see the pictures, let alone the angles of the pictures, so could just as easily be a drone picture. The first time we meet Derek is directly after the MC's first confrontation with Chad, so he's very aware of the friction between the two. Additionally, Derek is aware of the friction between MC and his former roommate Troy. They were in the same dorm -- wouldn't be out of the question for Derek to see Chad sneaking into Troy's room and putting two and two together.
Without further context, it's hard to make real guesses right now.
  • If it's someone like Derek, why? To goad Chad into giving MC a temporary beating that he'll recover from, but (hopefully) resulting in a permanent expulsion of MC's aggressor? Decent motive, one I could see Derek possibly doing under the guise of "I did it for you bro", but really hoping it's not him given his knowledge and support of Maya and her sexuality. There are people who think that female-female relationships are fine, but male-male relationships are not, so I'm hoping DPC doesn't write Derek to be one of them. I think it would weaken his character arc.

• If it's Quinn, why? To distract Sage from focusing on her HOT duties, allowing Quinn to get away with anything and everything she's doing behind Sage's back, and solidify her hold over the new HOTS? This, to me, is the strongest motive so far.

• If it's Caleb or another Alpha, why? To be the new leader? Story-wise not a great motive, but not everything has to be a giant conspiracy. Some people are just inherently selfish and want to step on other people for their own self-interest.
I wrote all of that just to say -- Despite being a little suspicious, given the information we currently have I don't think it's going to be Derek unless DPC reveals something crazy in EP8. I think it IS going to be Quinn, or someone Quinn-adjacent. Even if she didn't directly dirty her hands with it, Quinn gains the most with Sage being distracted from her HOT duties as President. She likely ordered someone like Riona to take the pictures. Cracks are beginning to form there as of EP 7, but in EP 3 Riona was fully under Quinn's thumb. If you're in the process of beginning a sexual relationship with her, Quinn might even tell the MC about it if she's put under enough pressure or if she gets beat up again. Or, if she's bragging and is high enough, maybe she'll spill the beans to the MC in that way. If Riona is feeling paranoid enough, she might open up to MC if she was responsible for the pictures.

I expect we're going to finally get some back story on Chad next episode and finally resolve the blackmailing mystery. If not in the episode itself, then definitely in the final moments leading to the season cliffhanger.

EDITED TO ADD:

I saw someone write that they think it could possibly be Troy to get Chad to force Chad to come out and be open about their relationship. Also a potentially viable option, but possibly harder for Troy to coordinate (unless Melissa is Troy's sister (as some have predicted)). Melissa could have made a plan with Troy to out Chad so that Chad will finally be out in the open with him. We'll see what happens!
Gotta blame everything on Quinn right?

View attachment Opinion.webm

KarloB1990

Aug 20, 2019
Having always defended Chad at Burke, I can't tell you for sure.

However, it just occurred to me that when the MC is with Sage in EP4, Mel starts a rumor in which she accuses the MC of cleverly arranging it so that Chad is no longer with the alpha. That's kind of weird.
Interesting...

So maybe Mel has also other things, that are attached to her fingers.

That's what I loe about the workof DrPinkCake - you can talk about it for hours, and in the end it will probably be something different, that nobody even thought it may be it (let's be honest - NOBODY saw the ending of last episode coming).

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
if you don't defend Chad he's like "you can beat him up later". yeah right, that bald motherfucker thinks he's cool because he got a neck tattoo. if he tries to fight MC he'll end up with a butt beer funnel in his ass unless there's like half of the frat with him
Caleb triggered me hard bro.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Johnyboie

KarloB1990

Aug 20, 2019
if you don't defend Chad he's like "you can beat him up later". yeah right, that bald motherfucker thinks he's cool because he got a neck tattoo. if he tries to fight MC he'll end up with a butt beer funnel in his ass unless there's like half of the frat with him
Great, that's what I wanted to know. Thank you for your answer.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Interesting...

So maybe Mel has also other things, that are attached to her fingers.

That's what I loe about the workof DrPinkCake - you can talk about it for hours, and in the end it will probably be something different, that nobody even thought it may be it (let's be honest - NOBODY saw the ending of last episode coming).
Some things have already been seen in advance. But that the end of Chad and Troy would come so explicitly, I think, no one will have suspected.

Thargor

Jul 14, 2018
Were there any conversations with Madame on the phone in a free roam. When you met her you got a message that from now on in free roams you can sometimes message her if I remember right.

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017
Some things have already been seen in advance. But that the end of Chad and Troy would come so explicitly, I think, no one will have suspected.
i don't think anyone would see that coming tbh
since there's not even a subtle hint about those 2 since episode 1
but now that kinda explains why troy is always on a bad mood since the first time MC met him i suppose

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018

However, it just occurred to me that when the MC is with Sage in EP4, Mel starts a rumor in which she accuses the MC of cleverly arranging it so that Chad is no longer with the alpha. That's kind of weird.
Wait... Dalli...are you saying you're theorizing Mel thinks MC had something to do with orchestrating Chad's exit of the Alphas so he can freely pursue his relationship with Troy?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
i don't think anyone would see that coming tbh
since there's not even a subtle hint about those 2 since episode 1
but now that kinda explains why troy is always on a bad mood since the first time MC met him i suppose
There were already indications of this. For example, the red sneakers. Chad had a pair and Troy had a pair. A thread member made a good post with photos some time ago.

Reactions: Johnyboie

deskt

Jul 24, 2018
Does anyone know why I am still on the jossy and maya route?
According to the official guide in the EP6 lily asks for help for her list, according to the guide you can only help if you are not on the jossy and maya route, I'm only doing the jill and sage route, so I don't know why I don't see the one option to help lily, then it continues counting that I am on the J&M route, I am in negative numbers with maya and maybe with jossy too : v I kept them only as friends and it continues to count as I am on their route :'v

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018

Not really. Mel's trying to protect her closeted gay bestie, to her, it's a very justifiable action.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Wait... Dalli...are you saying you're theorizing Mel thinks MC had something to do with orchestrating Chad's exit of the Alphas so he can freely pursue his relationship with Troy?
No.
I think that Mel cleverly wants to divert the suspicion of Chad's blackmail to the MC.
That would also imply that Mel and Sarah know who was blackmailing Chad or that the two of them did it themselves. They probably created the plan together with Troy to get Chad to break up with Sage.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Done both of those but she is only in her room talking on the phone or talking to Sage. Can't find her by herself anywhere.
If she's talking on her phone I don't know, but for the second one if she's talking to Sage it's because you slept with Sage first

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes