shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
After shazba's great Bella post (thank you), I'd like for us to use empirical evidence to challenge a widely presumed assertion: Is Bella crazy? A whole lot of you seem to think so, even though we have almost no real evidence to say that she is.

There are red flags from her background. Where is James and why does she wear her wedding ring still? Why is her door locked? These things are slightly off-putting, but crazy?

Bella is not very emotionally available, especially in the beginning, but why? She was probably hurt by someone, maybe James, in a way that makes it hard for her to love again. I'd say it's a common enough thing to get hurt like that, even if it appears to affect her uncommonly hard.

When the MC narrates that he would have run for help, I think a ton of people took that as proof and just ran with it. It's entirely possible that Bella will eventually be proven to be crazy. But is she crazy now? I don't think so.

I haven't played the Bella path from start to finish in a little while, so help me out. Is there any evidence presented to suggest that she is crazy so far? Or am I thinking with my dick? :sneaky:

I think most of us just presume she will be because of AL and that damned line about running away in the library. Your thoughts and opinions are welcome.
Although I've been a big proponent of the "James is dead" camp, after spending that time analyzing her for that post, I'm starting to think it's more simple:

She cheated on him, he cheated on her (not in that particular order) and they split.

I'm thinking he cheated on her with Jade (hence her animosity towards Jade) and she cheated on him with Jill (based on that uncomfortable scene when the mc and Jill both sleep over at Bella's, as well as a comment Bella makes to herself about fooling around with friends).

She was angry at the time, but up until the MC came along, she really wanted James back. Once the mc came along, it significantly complicated her feelings. Considering cheating ended her marriage, but she still held out hope of patching it up, cheating with the MC was definitely not going to help things.

Finally she's come to terms with the idea that James isn't coming back, so she's happy to move on with the mc.

I'm not sold on the above, but it's highly plausible.

All that said, while I love to harp on about her being a crazy bitch, she doesn't really come across all that crazy, she's just upset about her husband and struggling to move on and she just doesn't tolerate too many people.

She also has an ax in her shed (so do I for that matter, and a hack saw, a jig saw, a lathe, and a whole lot of other shed related tools), but I think the idea that she murdered her husband is just a fun theory, there's no real indication.

(y) (y) (y)

I wonder why so many people here like imagining things.

I wonder why so many people don't realize such insanely obvious things:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And so on.
I pretty much agree with all of that except "The mysterious girls in Tommy's bed in 0.7 are Tania and another stripper". The only reason I don't believe it, is if the MC doesn't tell Heather about Tommy's indiscretion with Tania, there's only one girl in his bed. If the mc does tell her, then there's two.

My take is that it's Heather in the bed if she doesn't know about Tania (although the skin looks a little dark for her), and if she does know, she confronts Tommy and they organize a threesome with Tania, Tommy and Heather.

It's another theory I'm not sold on, but it just doesn't make sense that he'd just up the anti and double the strippers in his bed if Heather finds out about the first time.

The student is always the primary borrower. The cosigner cannot be the primary borrower. If the cosigner was the primary borrower there would be no need for the other person to even be on the pplication. The cosigner would just be the primary borrower if loans worked that way. They don't. Tuition is paid in full in advance. Once it's paid there are no refunds. The school gets the money, not the borrower. The borrower gets refunded any overage after tuition, fees, and books. There's an add / drop period and we're well past that. There is no "I've changed my mind" about co-signing a loan. Once you've signed it you're on the hook. Furthermore, the co-signer does not control anything. All the co-signer does is guarantee the loan will be paid if the primary borrower defaults.

So, yes, this is a major hole in writing because it asks us to not only suspend reality but also the world DPC created.
I thought I already put this one to bed. This post spells out the exact scenario where all of this makes sense:

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-5582199

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I'm assuming that something that never happened never happened.

Well, no shit, Sherlock.
Man, do you know how rumours spread in real life? after they start, nothing can stop them.

Quinn started them. It doesn't matter whether Maya heard them from Quinn. The point is that when Maya told Quinn about the free tuition, Quinn DIDN'T tell her that free tuitions don't exist. This is what made Maya angry.

Reactions: Derpyyz and `Ray`

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
My take is that it's Heather in the bed if she doesn't know about Tania (although the skin looks a little dark for her), and if she does know, she confronts Tommy and they organize a threesome with Tania, Tommy and Heather.
1) If it's Heather, Tommy would have told MC: "go and have a look at my HOT girlfriend" (that's what he has already done);

2) Tommy wasn't at the HOTs' party the night before. So, they aren't girls that you saw at the HOTs' party.

Once again, I wonder why people don't stick with the story.

You KNOW NOTHING about Bella's marriage, because the Story didn't tell us ANYTHING.

Reactions: RukiRG

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
1) If it's Heather, Tommy would have told MC: "go and have a look at my HOT girlfriend" (that's what he has already done);

2) Tommy wasn't at the HOTs' party the night before. So, they aren't girls that you saw at the HOTs' party.

Once again, I wonder why people don't stick with the story.

You KNOW NOTHING about Bella's marriage, because the Story didn't tell us ANYTHING.
1) Except Tommy was in a foul mood for some reason, so he'd be less likely to play the same joke, plus he isn't going to act the same way every time...

2) Not sure how that's related. Heather sleeps over with Tommy a lot. Why wouldn't she head over there after the party? Especially since he didn't make it to the party and she wanted to see him.

But the big question is, why was there 1 girl sleeping with Tommy if heather didn't know about Tommy and Tania, but there's two people sleeping with Tommy if she does know about Tommy and Tania?

Wow Dude, You really are providing fan service to all of us. I am very pleased by this fan service of yours. If possible, do justice for other girls as well but only on Demand, Obviously you are tired searching for these moments and have your own time to enjoy but a Big bravo to you for the work. You have done your homework very well.........Very Well, I am sure Cathy/ Jade would reward you. *lucky fuckface*✍(◔◡◔)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't think I'd do one for the other girls, Quinn and Bella are unique because there's a slow progression and it's interesting to watch. With the other four girls (LIs), they like the MC from the start, even if Maya takes a little longer to understand that she's sexually attracted to him.

Reactions: `Ray`

Trysexual

Apr 13, 2021
Man, do you know how rumours spread in real life? after they start, nothing can stop them.

Quinn started them. It doesn't matter whether Maya heard them from Quinn. The point is that when Maya told Quinn about the free tuition, Quinn DIDN'T tell her that free tuitions don't exist. This is what made Maya angry.
But they do exist. Maya just isn't going to do what she would have to do to get one. Or who she would have to do to get one. So, even if I give you that Quinn started the rumor, it's not a lie.

Trysexual

Apr 13, 2021
I thought I already put this one to bed. This post spells out the exact scenario where all of this makes sense:

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-5582199
Yea, it's a work of fiction so DPC can make it as unrealistic as he wants but it's the way he goes between realism and fiction arbitrarily that makes it easy to poke holes in the story. If he stayed entirely on one side or the other it would be a lot easier to dismiss plot holes as, "Well, I guess that's just the way things are in Cumshotisstan, or wherever it is they reside.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yea, it's a work of fiction so DPC can make it as unrealistic as he wants but it's the way he goes between realism and fiction arbitrarily that makes it easy to poke holes in the story. If he stayed entirely on one side or the other it would be a lot easier to dismiss plot holes as, "Well, I guess that's just the way things are in Cumshotisstan, or wherever it is they reside.
It's definitely a huge spectrum of serious and slapstick. DPC wants you to take the drama seriously to make the game emotional but also enjoy the absurd to have a good laugh.

I'd put it in the same category as a Jackie Chan movie. Over the top melodrama filled with crazy awesome antics. You just need to differentiate between what you're supposed to take seriously and what you're supposed to let slide.

It's just a bit of entertainment after all, and given the competition, this game is already waaay above the benchmark. :cool:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But the big question is, why was there 1 girl sleeping with Tommy if heather didn't know about Tommy and Tania, but there's two people sleeping with Tommy if she does know about Tommy and Tania?
easy explanation: if Heather knows about the betrayal, she makes a scene and he 'exaggerates' in revenge.

+2 for Tommy

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: shazba

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
But they do exist. Maya just isn't going to do what she would have to do to get one. Or who she would have to do to get one. So, even if I give you that Quinn started the rumor, it's not a lie.
Maya is the most helpless character I've ever come across in fiction. That she would base all of her hope's on an unlikely rumor, and then throw a hissy fit when she didn't get what she wanted, just underscores that impression. I'm just sad that DPC now has Sage simping for her, along with Josy and the MC.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
So, yes, this is a major hole in writing because it asks us to not only suspend reality but also the world DPC created.
Even if if that is the reality, it still doesnt change the fact that Maya says she is tricked into co-signing and she believes that she is exactly in that situation.... MC even asks if there's nothing that can be done, she says she has no money for a lawyer and she allready told MC she has no knowledge of such things.... Maybe it's a totul bluff of her dad... it is what motivates her to seek that free tuition from HOT.... Sorry, but no plothole here imho...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's definitely a huge spectrum of serious and slapstick. DPC wants you to take the drama seriously to make the game emotional but also enjoy the absurd to have a good laugh.

I'd put it in the same category as a Jackie Chan movie. Over the top melodrama filled with crazy awesome antics. You just need to differentiate between what you're supposed to take seriously and what you're supposed to let slide.

It's just a bit of entertainment after all, and given the competition, this game is already waaay above the benchmark. :cool:
but it is very difficult to be 'moved' by dramas that you do not perceive at all.

"Oh my God, there's Maya's father in her room!!! Now he's gonna catch them!! Who knows what's gonna happen!!" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maya:" I knew my father had the key, but I would have never thought that a control freak could make a surprise visit during a week in which Josy slept here every night. it seemed like a calculated risk".:geek::(:cry::cry::cry::cry:

ok....o_O:confused:

Reactions: ann87ra and DavDR

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Maya is the most helpless character I've ever come across in fiction. That she would base all of her hope's on an unlikely rumor, and then throw a hissy fit when she didn't get what she wanted, just underscores that impression. I'm just sad that DPC now has Sage simping for her, along with Josy and the MC.
I guess then maybe you are very new to this kind of drama....Or you only play a few selective games because maya's drama concept is not original. Like so many games, series have that kind of drama :rolleyes: and that too in fiction I might add.
PS: I myself am not fond of those kind of drama's BUT she is not at all "the most helpless character I've ever come across in fiction."

• Haha
Reactions: Johnyboie

Trysexual

Apr 13, 2021

Still the best VN in production and second place isn't even close ... but it's not flawless. It's just a matter of what the individual game player is or is not willing to overlook or give a pass. I just kind of chuckle at how everyone has that one character they'll defend to the death. I haven't even discussed my favorite character in depth. Too busy trying to prove Quinn isn't devil spawn.

Reactions: Derpyyz

Trysexual

Apr 13, 2021
Yep, she's the damsel in distress in this play.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I guess then maybe you are very new to this kind of drama....Or you only play a few selective games because maya's drama concept is not original. Like so many games, series have that kind of drama :rolleyes: and that too in fiction I might add.
It's a shame that you haven't had more exposure to good fiction. And don't blame it on the medium either, there are lot's of AVN's with more believable characters and plot's, and more coming all the time.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Considering her disdain for the HOTs to start with (I don't know if she cares for any of them any more than she did initially other than perhaps Ashley who wasn't a HOT at the time anyway), it is sad that Sage is now going out of her way to try and help such a two-faced person to come back into the HOT's fold.

I don't hate Maya, she's pretty much as flawed as the next person, but unfortunately for her, her one major problem (her dad controlling her finances) has become her main defining characteristic (other than her liking movies).

But who knows, get her out from under her father's thumb and she might have a chance to be a whole different person. :unsure:

Too busy trying to prove Quinn isn't devil spawn.
But she's not the Devil's spawn, she's the Devil's Queen. :p

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes