ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
No ambiguity? Where in that entire conversation did Quinn confirm that there was free tuition? Actually said it? Nowhere.
Not misdirection? Quinn simply mentioned a rumor... it could have been the rumor of the HOT's and Quinn's restaurant, could have been a rumor of free tuition. Maya is the one who immediately assumes Quinn was talking about it. However, further into the conversation what does Quinn say? :
Loose lips, sink ships.
But loose hips, get tips.
Now, if Quinn was talking about free tuition, why would that saying be relevant? It wouldn't at all...but if she was talking about the restaurant...well.. :WeSmart:
Quinn was saying that if you complete the Scavenger Hunt you can get free tuition. I mean, she was lying, but that's what she wanted them to think.

Lies of omission are still lies. I've never given Maya a pass on failing to mention she was in a relationship once things between her and the MC got serious. I'm not giving Quinn a pass on this either.

She was asked about free tuition, and as Karlimirst pointed out, she implied the rumors were true ("a HOT among us who can't keep her trap shut") and asked if Mona and Maya were interested. That's the lie.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
No ambiguity? Where in that entire conversation did Quinn confirm that there was free tuition? Actually said it? Nowhere.
Not misdirection? Quinn simply mentioned a rumor... it could have been the rumor of the HOT's and Quinn's restaurant, could have been a rumor of free tuition. Maya is the one who immediately assumes Quinn was talking about it. However, further into the conversation what does Quinn say? :
Loose lips, sink ships.
Now, if Quinn was talking about free tuition, why would that saying be relevant? It wouldn't at all...but if she was talking about the restaurant...well.. :WeSmart:
No, there is no ambiguity at all.
You keep asking for the word free truition in Quinn's lips, but thats not a valid point. I am going to give an example. IF someone say to you: "I love ducks" and you answer "I love them too" then you never mention the word "duck" at any point but you still sayd you love them. There is no way out.
With this example is the same. When Mona asks, Quinns confirmed it.

No, it wasn't Maya the "only" one. It was Maya, Mona and all of us.
There is no rumor about Quinn's restaurant, and they were specifically talking about the free tuition as both Maya and Mona clarified.

Yeap. You can say that Maya was being blind. about the loose hips. But thats a plothole. Is neither Maya or Quinns fault, is DPC fault. Either that or beilieve that Maya was willing to prostitute herself.

May 12, 2021
Loose lips, sink ships.
Yeah Quinn is the one who brings up the subject of "rumors" when Maya and Mona tell her they heard about free tuition, Quinn doesn't change the subject or anything and offers them directly, there is no room to misinterpret.

Well, the "restaurant" and the "free tuition" are glued together, the thing is that Maya and Mona don't know about the restaurant, the only one who finds out is Mona and we already know how that ends, Maya never finds out about the restaurant (and I have the feeling that she would never have found out, Quinn sure knew that Maya wouldn't have never accepted prostitution) because the MC seems to suffer a mental lapsus and instead of telling her, the only thing he manages to stutter is "She's evil!".

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Quinn was saying that if you complete the Scavenger Hunt you can get free tuition. I mean, she was lying, but that's what she wanted them to think.

Lies of omission are still lies. I've never given Maya a pass on failing to mention she was in a relationship once things between her and the MC got serious. I'm not giving Quinn a pass on this either.

She was asked about free tuition, and as Karlimirst pointed out, she implied the rumors were true ("a HOT among us who can't keep her trap shut") and asked if Mona and Maya were interested. That's the lie.
When the goon comes into your place of business, tells that there has been trouble in the neighborhood, and offers to protect you for a price, guess what? That's extortion, even if the goon never mentions any consequences. The reason no consequences are mentioned is so there is plausible deniability in case of a wire.

And that is exactly why Quinn said what she said in the manner that she said it - plausible deniability. It might hold up in a court of law, but WE are not a court of law, and we have brains and can connect dots. So could the girls she was talking to.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018

That's the thing though. Quinn didn't say anything about free tuition. It was all based on the assumption that's what the conversation was about. I'm really not trying to say Quinn is a saint and innocent but I'm not going to chock up misinterpretation, that was intentionally done, as a lie. Quinn is not solely to blame for them believing that and she certainly didn't offer them anything remotely close to free tuition.

No, there is no ambiguity at all.
You keep asking for the word free truition in Quinn's lips, but thats not a valid point. I am going to give an example. IF someone say to you: "I love ducks" and you answer "I love them too" then you never mention the word "duck" at any point but you still sayd you love them. There is no way out.
With this example is the same. When Mona asks, Quinns confirmed it.
When arguing that someone lied about giving free tuition and proving that the accused never mentioned free tuition isn't a valid point.
Ok then.

Yeah Quinn is the one who brings up the subject of "rumors" when Maya and Mona tell her they heard about free tuition, Quinn doesn't change the subject or anything and offers them directly, there is no room to misinterpret.
"offers them directly"...when? when she said "are you interested?" true, it very well could be that she was talking about free tuition but she never confirmed it's existence. For you to say there's no room for misinterpretation isn't true at all. There's literally tons of room for misinterpretation. Like I said, this is a classic case of misdirection... meaning Quinn disguised her true meaning (Restaurant initiation) by allowing them both to believe she was talking about something else (free tuition) while never directly mentioning free tuition.

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
Did anyone get that little joke with Tommy's coin that DPC show in second episode?
The coin appears to be Ephesus Drachm with stag and bee on sides.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The people of this ancient Greek city worshiped Artemis and their money wore her symbols.
The bee personified Artemis herself and the stag was the symbol of Actaeon - the hero who was turned into a stag by Artemis for spying on her while she was swimming.
Tommy, during the toss of the coin, chose the side of the stag for the MC - he was turned naked for watching Quinn anc Camila (Tommy knew it for sure).

Also MC recognized the coin before toss. How? His dad's was collecting coins and that one is not so expensive IRL so it was in collection for sure.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
That's the thing though. Quinn didn't say anything about free tuition. It was all based on the assumption that's what the conversation was about. I'm really not trying to say Quinn is a saint and innocent but I'm not going to chock up misinterpretation, that was intentionally done, as a lie. Quinn is not solely to blame for them believing that and she certainly didn't offer them anything remotely close to free tuition.
By mentioning that a HOT couldn't keep her mouth shut, Quinn confirmed the rumors: anyone could have made them up if the rumors were false, but only a HOT would know if they were true. That was Quinn's intent, and that's why she lied.

When arguing that someone lied about giving free tuition and proving that the accused never mentioned free tuition isn't a valid point.
Ok then.
It doesn't matter if the accused mentioned it, the topic had already come up. Suppose Maya had asked "Will you give us free tuition if we join the HOTs?" And Quinn had said "Yes."

In that case would Quinn be any more guilty in your eyes? She still would never have said anything about tuition. She only said a single word that could mean practically anything out of context. Yet we all know exactly what it meant, because it was in context.

To me that's no different than what happened. Quinn asked if they had heard rumors. Maya confirmed they had and specified the rumor: free tuition. Quinn made a statement that only makes sense if the rumors were true, then asked if they were interested.

I don't see any room ambiguity here. Quinn lied to them, deliberately. She wanted them to believe that they would get free tution if they joined the HOTs - which she knew to be untrue - and said words that caused them to believe it. The fact that she liked to imagine she was some sort of criminal genius by phrasing her lie artfully says more about her delusions than it does about her technical guilt.

I mean, what's the point of debating this? Would Quinn be even less guilty if she'd also had her fingers crossed?

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
Arieth as mastermind??
I can´t shake off the feeling that Arieth is not as dumb as she (likes to) appear(s). Okay she fucks them all, but I think it os both literally and metaphorical - for in the end she will be the one on top (again literally and metaphorical). When the others are undone or destroyed themselves in the process she will survive and in the end be the one pulling the strings.

May 12, 2021
"offers them directly"...when? when she said "are you interested?" true, it very well could be that she was talking about free tuition but she never confirmed it's existence. For you to say there's no room for misinterpretation isn't true at all. There's literally tons of room for misinterpretation. Like I said, this is a classic case of misdirection... meaning Quinn disguised her true meaning (Restaurant initiation) by allowing them both to believe she was talking about something else (free tuition) while never directly mentioning free tuition.
Well Quinn was offering them free tuition while mentioning the restaurant without specifying exactly what she was saying. Just because she was talking about the restaurant and not the free tuition explicitly doesn't change anything, the restaurant and the free tuition are connected. If she offers them the restaurant, she too is offering them free tuition and vice versa because she knows that is what they want.
She never said the word "free tuition" but that doesn't change anything because she acknowledged the supposed free tuition rumor.

I really don't know where you're going with this, lying or omitting the truth or using misdirections doesn't change anything that happened, and doesn't put her in a better light in this specific case.

Reactions: isotope

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

Ok then.

I'm going to guess that you're a lawyer? Am I right?

Jul 17, 2020
Quinn use the rumor to expand the restaurant business, i will not be surprised if it was set up for the freshies who need extra money, who is behind it tho? Burke?:unsure:, what if this is organized by alumni themselves? what if this restaurant thing has been running for a long time too just like a tradition?:eek:

i like Quinn, when she pushes the chair in the cafeteria scene to make MC sit in front of her is just cute but got distracted because Sarah touch MC's crotch:ROFLMAO:, and i really wish this will end well for her but i don't think it will be. if only my MC could go GTA mode and take over the drug business buy the Pink Rose and conquer B&R, then everything will be fine:LUL:

Maya, imo is just so desperate to get away from her father's grip she'll believe anything in regards of money without checking the validity of it, she's at fault and now she's paying for it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
By mentioning that a HOT couldn't keep her mouth shut, Quinn confirmed the rumors: anyone could have made them up if the rumors were false, but only a HOT would know if they were true. That was Quinn's intent, and that's why she lied.

It doesn't matter if the accused mentioned it, the topic had already come up. Suppose Maya had asked "Will you give us free tuition if we join the HOTs?" And Quinn had said "Yes."

In that case would Quinn be any more guilty in your eyes? She still would never have said anything about tuition. She only said a single word that could mean practically anything out of context. Yet we all know exactly what it meant, because it was in context.

To me that's no different than what happened. Quinn asked if they had heard rumors. Maya confirmed they had and specified the rumor: free tuition. Quinn made a statement that only makes sense if the rumors were true, then asked if they were interested.

I don't see any room ambiguity here. Quinn lied to them, deliberately. She wanted them to believe that they would get free tution if they joined the HOTs - which she knew to be untrue - and said words that caused them to believe it. The fact that she liked to imagine she was some sort of criminal genius by phrasing her lie artfully says more about her delusions than it does about her technical guilt.

I mean, what's the point of debating this? Would Quinn be even less guilty if she'd also had her fingers crossed?
That Quinn deliberately acted this way to make Maya think that free tuition existed is beyond any doubt, but I want to break a lance in her favor.

apart from a generic moral issue, Quinn had no real motivation to warn Maya that the rumor was unfounded. why would she do that? it's not clear to me to what extent she would want Maya on the restaurant menu, it seems like Quinn's classic plan doomed to failure... but even beyond that, why would she warn Maya? between the two there is no friendship, no sympathy. Quinn is the swindler who sells the Trevi fountain and Maya is the American tourist who believes anything she is told...

It's a bad joke played on someone you don't like and have nothing in common with. Morally wrong, but this guilt of Quinn's doesn't even make the top ten.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
That Quinn deliberately acted this way to make Maya think that free tuition existed is beyond any doubt, but I want to break a lance in her favor.

apart from a generic moral issue, Quinn had no real motivation to warn Maya that the rumor was unfounded. why would she do that? it's not clear to me to what extent she would want Maya on the restaurant menu, it seems like Quinn's classic plan doomed to failure... but even beyond that, why would she warn Maya? between the two there is no friendship, no sympathy. Quinn is the swindler who sells the Trevi fountain and Maya is the American tourist who believes anything she is told...

It's a bad joke played on someone you don't like and have nothing in common with. Morally wrong, but this guilt of Quinn's doesn't even make the top ten.
There are two dialogues that make me think that Quinn wanted Maya in the restaurant, obviously they are not explicit, they are a sort of joining of dots, and obviously I could be wrong. One, first free roam, Quinn and Riona talking coming out of the bathroom, paraphrasing, Riona asks who, Quinn replies that she thinks Mona and Maya.
Second dialogue between Riona and Quinn, when they argue after he was robbed, again, paraphrasing, Riona tells him enough with the expansion thing and to stop insisting on Maya.
By this what I mean? that if we take as a fact that in the conversation in the pool Quinn was talking about free tuition, obviously she was not going to deny it in front of her chosen ones as new "staff".

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There are two dialogues that make me think that Quinn wanted Maya in the restaurant, obviously they are not explicit, they are a sort of joining of dots, and obviously I could be wrong. One, first free roam, Quinn and Riona talking coming out of the bathroom, paraphrasing, Riona asks who, Quinn replies that she thinks Mona and Maya.
Second dialogue between Riona and Quinn, when they argue after he was robbed, again, paraphrasing, Riona tells him enough with the expansion thing and to stop insisting on Maya.
By this what I mean? that if we take as a fact that in the conversation in the pool Quinn was talking about free tuition, obviously she was not going to deny it in front of her chosen ones as new "staff".
the dialogues with Riona give that impression, but we don't know how much she knows about Quinn's true intentions in general, not just in relation to Maya.

But how was Quinn planning to convince Maya? By tricking her, abusing her, and then convincing her to do something completely out of her comfort zone? Can Quinn ever expect Maya to accept her proposal after proving herself untrustworthy?

the only "realistic" way would have been blackmail with the video of the threesome in hand, but the disinterest with which Quinn, surely distracted by her own affairs, follows Maya's scavenger hunt and the fact that she assumes Maya didn't complete the "sexual" points of the list leads in another direction.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
the dialogues with Riona give that impression, but we don't know how much she knows about Quinn's true intentions in general, not just in relation to Maya.

But how was Quinn planning to convince Maya? By tricking her, abusing her, and then convincing her to do something completely out of her comfort zone? Can Quinn ever expect Maya to accept her proposal after proving herself untrustworthy?

the only "realistic" way would have been blackmail with the video of the threesome in hand, but the disinterest with which Quinn, surely distracted by her own affairs, follows Maya's scavenger hunt and the fact that she assumes Maya didn't complete the "sexual" points of the list leads in another direction.
Yes, you're right about all that, I saw it that way the first time I played, the list was a "test" of how far to go, and all the material collected could have been blackmail material if Maya hadn't been convinced once Quinn offered to be part of it. Thank God, all of that can be dismissed as one of the many crazy theories that have been and will be.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
Arieth as mastermind??
I can´t shake off the feeling that Arieth is not as dumb as she (likes to) appear(s). Okay she fucks them all, but I think it os both literally and metaphorical - for in the end she will be the one on top (again literally and metaphorical). When the others are undone or destroyed themselves in the process she will survive and in the end be the one pulling the strings.
I've been messing around with this idea of Arieth as the mastermind too. I haven't trawled through this thread yet about what other people have theorized in the past so I'll just spew out a few things and people can correct me on them if I'm off base.

How is Arieth still at B&R? I believe it's mentioned, maybe by Tommy, that Arieth was one of the 'rejects'. This explains how she entered the college. But it's also mentioned on Rooster (I think by Quinn) that Arieth is still taking first year classes. If Arieth is just pretending to be dumb, that's a very long con, but more importantly who is paying for that? Does Arieth have rich family, is she just stupidly accumulating debt, or is she involved with Burke and his free tuition scheme? I think it's most likely that she's working with Burke, as it's already been established that he likes to bang his students and is willing to fabricate free tuition to achieve that, so given Arieth's willingness to bang anyone they seem to be a match made in heaven. If that is the case, Arieth could be Burke's spy on the DIKs, the HOTs and the jocks, seeing as she's the only person we know who hangs around every group regularly.

Another thing that I thought of was the fact that the jocks attacked the DIK mansion with dildos. I don't think it's ever resolved as to why they had so many dildos, but my guess would be that they got them from Arieth. Who else would have so many just laying around? However, it's never mentioned by anyone that they belonged to Arieth, and Arieth never tries to get any of them back, so this makes me feel that I may have missed something obvious about where they came from in the game. It's just suspicious that the jocks could have shown up with anything to attack the DIK mansion, they're a bunch of athletes so they must have plenty of balls and shit, but they chose to show up with dildos. That may be significant, may not - if it is significant, it could point to Arieth intentionally sleeping with Tommy to start the beef with the jocks, then leaving the dildos conveniently for the jocks to use to attack the mansion. Why? If she's working for/with Burke, he may want them fighting for some reason, I haven't thought that far ahead yet.

It seems to be that Quinn is the one pointing out how Arieth is especially dumb - she does this on Rooster about how Arieth is still taking first year classes. Also, Arieth eats the dog food in front of Quinn, although it's been debated as to whether Quinn noticed that detail since she was high at the time. So the two dumbest things about Arieth we know from Quinn. If Arieth is Burke's sleeper agent, is she there to spy on Quinn for him since Quinn is also working for Burke with the prostitution stuff?

There are a bunch of other smaller stuff I won't get into. Why the devil's threesome with Arieth and the two DIKs was filmed from a top corner of the room. The times Arieth has taken swipes at people on Rooster - especially that one time when she pretty nastily went after Riona on Rooster and then backtracked hard when people defended her. That's pretty suspicious to me because no one else in the entire game says anything bad about Riona except for Arieth, and now that Riona has a stalker there might be some connection there somewhere... maybe to do with Anthony, who I also have suspicions about.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: `Ray`
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes