May 12, 2021
Well that's normal behavior for her, she didn't even want being a HOT. Her only concern was money. If there was another rumor about Alphas giving free tuition, she would go and apply to them too.

Also, what's the fetish with slaps everyone? MC is punching and kicking jaws of people and nobody talks about it. But when the situation changes, here are the reactions :
Maya slaps Quinn in front of every HOT? That's my gurl, you had it coming bitch !!!!!
Quinn slaps Riona? How dare she does this, look at her she's a bitch !!!!!
Quinn gives middle finger to Maya and calls her a bitch? *unintelligible* *flips table*
What's going on :KEK:
I think it's something called context. Quinn's reasons for slapping Riona and Maya's for slapping Quinn are different and depending on the person, one may be more valid than the other depending on the context.

Quinn hits Riona, a close friend of hers because she questions her recent decisions regarding the "restaurant" and because of an insult that it's not really worth a hit.

Maya hits Quinn because she is teasing and lying to her face that she is believing rumors when in fact Quinn had told her there was free tuition. I was personally surprised that she slapped her, I didn't expect it.

Reactions: isotope

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I din't know why it's hard to accept for everyone. C7 look at sage face when she sees chad. If chad asked her, Sage would have fucked chad at front of mc.

Yeap ! Once a cheater, Always a cheater.
Absolutely not. Her reason for doing it was because it wasn't even something to be called a relationship. He didn't spend time with her, didn't care how she felt, didn't give her attention, both sexual and normal attention. It was always Chad's problems and issues And she found out she was being cheated on after that. It wasn't even what you'd call a relationship. She let go of it after she saw him talking on phone and didn't say anything about it to Chad. Because she wanted to find out who "she" was. When that option becomes available, it'll be a completely different situation. Will take a long while so it's okay :WeSmart:

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
Absolutely not. Her reason for doing it was because it wasn't even something to be called a relationship. He didn't spend time with her, didn't care how she felt, didn't give her attention, both sexual and normal attention. It was always Chad's problems and issues And she found out she was being cheated on after that. It wasn't even what you'd call a relationship. She let go of it after she saw him talking on phone and didn't say anything about it to Chad. Because she wanted to find out who "she" was. When that option becomes available, it'll be a completely different situation. Will take a long while so it's okay :WeSmart:
I hope so ! But her statement ruins everything. At c7 hots party when mc walk in on josy and sage. At that conversation her statement was " everything is like before back jock and hots and she is so into tradition. "

For her Jocks and hots is tradition and diks is side dish but I keep everything open.

Hope for best prepare for worst !

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I think it's something called context. Quinn's reasons for slapping Riona and Maya's for slapping Quinn are different and depending on the person, one may be more valid than the other depending on the context.

Quinn hits Riona, a close friend of hers because she questions her recent decisions regarding the "restaurant" and because of an insult that it's not really worth a hit.

Maya hits Quinn because she is teasing and lying to her face that she is believing rumors when in fact Quinn had told her there was free tuition. I was personally surprised that she slapped her, I didn't expect it.
Eh, of course contexts are different but no need to make slaps something bigger than they are. Especially for Quinn. She got fucking mugged and punched right on her nose. Walked back with a bloodied nose and clothes back by herself. Would a slap from an angry girl even faze her? Hell, she might've even enjoyed it :KEK: she finally got a reaction from her after she had her fun.
I guess nobody was expecting it, not even Quinn but hey, it happened. I would get it if Quinn got angry or something about it but... As I said, nope

Reactions: RukiRG

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Also, we don't know exactly why Sage wants to help Maya, she doesn't look like she just wants to help her out of pity.
I'm pretty sure Sage is helping Maya out because 1. She sees herself in Maya; or 2. she's been watching Maya's actions since she became a daughter for the HOTS and is genuinely concerned about Maya. In the latest episode, she did have a good heart-to-heart with Maya, wanting her to be part of the HOTS, and I do believe as a sorority president, she cares about her sisters, especially after all they've done to get through the scavenger hunt. Granted, Sage might not've been so caring if Maya wasn't part of the HOTS in the first place, but I'm sure she understands as well just how tough the scavenger hunt is, so it's not surprising that she'd want Maya to reconsider either, considering how much she's been through.
I think you misunderstood me about Sage, I don't mean that Sage helps Maya to win something, what I mean is that she helps her for different reasons not only for pity as the comment I answered seemed to allude.
The code. It’s the same reason why she denied Maya’s request to change mother (although she later realised that it was the wrong decision).

She also mentioned that she “promised to pay it forward”. This might mean she was once in a dark spot and someone helped her out of it. In gratitude, she made a promise to eventually do the same to others.
Yes, it's the code, the sisterhood. Sage believes in that code. For all I know she devised the code herself.

At any rate, she believes in it, and Maya is a HOT, so Sage genuinely cares for Maya and wants to find out what's going on and help if she can.

Oh, by the way, Sage knows about the things that go on in the Scavenger Hunt, but she did NOT know about the extra 'goodies' that Quinn added to Maya's.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
While I'm on the subject of Quinn and Maya, I think it is obvious why Quinn tormented Maya so heavily. THE MC! Quinn quickly became interested in the MC, and just as quickly saw Maya as an obstacle. The rest followed as the night, the day.

Reactions: RukiRG and isotope

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I hope so ! But her statement ruins everything. At c7 hots party when mc walk in on josy and sage. At that conversation her statement was " everything is like before back jock and hots and she is so into tradition. "

For her Jocks and hots is tradition and diks is side dish but I keep everything open.

Hope for best prepare for worst !
Dude you're taking everything at face value. Each and every girl in HOTs prefer partying with DIKs to Jocks. Including Sage. Each and every Jock tried to score with HOTs got denied. Including Anthony :KEK: Meanwhile MC scores 4,5 times, Derek scores 1 even tho he wasn't at the party :PogChamp:and Jacob does score one too.
If Tommy wouldn't bitch about what Quinn did that much and saw Sage's explaining, they would keep partying together. Also it was only for that party too, Halloween party will still happen.
But hey, it's also true. Before DIKs HOTs would party with Jocks, that happened for years, so it's a tradition. The situation getting back to traditions doesn't mean girls are enjoying it :WeSmart:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Abhishek_tanwar

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
This is flawed logic. She asked someone in a sorority to which she did not yet belong and had not even applied and had no guarantee of being accepted into in any case about free tuition which she needed before she enrolled because you cannot pay for college after the fact. It's prepaid. So, she had no scholarships, grants, loans, or other means of paying her tuition and was relying on being accepted into a sorority based upon an unverified claim. It's ridiculous on face.

This is like going to the doctor's office and asking the patient next to you in the waiting room if services are free. If they say, "Yes", it's your fault when you find out they lied to you. You asked the wrong person.
Except that Quinn isn't a random member of the sorority. She's the Vice President, she's in charge of the pledging process, and she's Maya's "mother." Furthermore, if Maya asks Sage to change mothers because she isn't comfortable with Quinn, Sage will reprimand her and ignore the concern. In your analogy, Maya didn't ask a patient; she asked the receptionist, then tried to ask the doctor - only to be told to listen to the receptionist.

You can rail against the plot point as much as you want, but Maya did ask the appropriate authority about free tuition and had it confirmed. It's not Maya's fault the authority was lying to her.

I guess you didn't understand where I'm coming from too, since you decided to see it as I'm trying to justify Quinn's actions to your eyes.
Maya's family is still around but it's unclear if that's a good thing? Are you seriously comparing Maya and Quinn's family situations? Quinn's dad is either dead or jailed, we don't know at what age, her mother doesn't recognize her own daughter, what she has to call home is a drug dealing base.
Maya had a twin brother always there to support her, had something to call home with a steady income apparently, since Patrick came there with his car and send his son and daughter to college. Has enough credibility to loan 2x tuition money. She had a steady life, goes on and on.
Are we really going to compare Maya and Quinn's backgrounds? Really? It can be called worse because her father is a control freak religious cunt? Seriously? Doesn't mean it's better than Quinn's situation?
Even in his twisted way, he does what he does because he cares for her daughter. Notice the key word here? She has people who cares about her. Wants to shape her life as he sees fit? Yes. What he didn't let her go to work a summer job? Boo fucking hoo what a terrible thing to do. Quinn doesn't have shit on her, agreed for sure. He didn't let her work on a summer job, oh lord how did she survive? That's terrible. :Kappa:

But you are right about Quinn. We only know she grew up in a drug den. So let's not go and make baseless assumptions like her family was there in their own way and did their best to give her a chance, yet she went and squandered her chance. Thanks.

P.S : I'm not talking about Maya because of her spat between Quinn and her and I dislike her. It's because we are dealing with her background drama personified aka Patrick and it so happens she's the most felt sorry character right now. Let's not have Jill's naivety and think absence of parents is a small deal, at a young age at that.

Also meanwhile at that, I have a question. Did she know Patrick had a key to her room before this episode? Can someone answer this? I forgot
Yes, Zirael, I'm quite serious. In my experience, a parent determined to control their child can do at least as much damage as well-meaning but incompetent (or even absent) parents.

You say Patrick cares for Maya in a twisted way, but isn't that exactly what we see with Rox in the flashback? And isn't that a possible interpretation of what we see with Buddy in the present? Quinn had a family (real and surrogate) that does seem to care about her in some manner. Maybe they did a terrible job of it, or maybe it's just a case of looks being deceiving. But if we really want to get into a pissing match about who's upbringing was worse, we're going to need to compare more than just 1 sentence synopses.

We've seen very little of Maya's upbringing and most of what we know about Patrick is second hand. We've seen 1 snippet of Quinn's childhood and an even smaller snippet of her current relationship with Buddy. That's not enough to make any real determination.

But I do reject the idea that Quinn must necessarily have had it worse just because Maya's family was traditionally middle class. There are too many ways to fuck up a child for it to be that simple.

Well that's normal behavior for her, she didn't even want being a HOT. Her only concern was money. If there was another rumor about Alphas giving free tuition, she would go and apply to them too.

Also, what's the fetish with slaps everyone? MC is punching and kicking jaws of people and nobody talks about it. But when the situation changes, here are the reactions :
Maya slaps Quinn in front of every HOT? That's my gurl, you had it coming bitch !!!!!
Quinn slaps Riona? How dare she does this, look at her she's a bitch !!!!!
Quinn gives middle finger to Maya and calls her a bitch? *unintelligible* *flips table*
What's going on :KEK:
Eh, context matters. Had Maya slapped Josy because she agreed to join the HOTs, I think the reaction would have been a lot more negative for Maya. And the MC's fighting can vary quite a bit in how it's presented. Beating Troy is hardly shown in a heroic light, whereas fighting Caleb to a standstill is.

I'm not seeing the confusion here.

When it comes to the Quinn/Tommy dynamic, I see Tommy as no better than Quinn. While our place in the story provides no evidence to this yet, I'm fairly certain he's done some pretty despicable things as well. Until recently, I'm pretty positive Quinn and Tommy were partners in crime. Given the opportunity, I'd actually love to dive deeper into his character to get a better understanding of why he is the way he is and I can even use the same analysis for Tommy as I do for Quinn. It seems as though MC is slowly changing Tommy as well. After the fight, Tommy's perspective and how he chooses to interact with MC changed rather drastically.
That was how I felt at the end of Season 1. The problem is that since then we've seen Tommy struggle with (or even challenge) his worst impulses, whereas Quinn's response is always to double down on them. That's why I was so disappointed by the scene with Tommy and Quinn at the end of Episode 7. Making Tommy seem like the bigger man is no easy task, yet Quinn pulled it off. :(

I respect your reasoning behind remaining skeptical, and I even concur to a degree but color me as an optimist that genuinely wants to see the best in people, including fictitious characters. If we take a look at the B&R timeline, we're only in the first semester. We've only interacted with Quinn a handful of times at best. It could be for time constraining purposes that DPC decided to quicken the pace but as an optimist, I choose to believe that there's more at play here. Perhaps MC is more influential than originally anticipated. It's going to come down to a point I made in a previous post when I touched back on the conversation Tommy and MC had after the fist fight. I'm paraphrasing here, so forgive me for not going word for word.

MC: When you're at the bottom, there's nowhere to go but up
Tommy: Did you read that on some bullshit inspirational toilet paper quote of the day?
MC: It's true.
Tommy: It's not. You can choose to stay at the bottom and get comfortable.
MC: Then you'll need somebody to help pull you up.

I think this conversation was DPC's way of telling us that if the player chooses, there will be redemption paths for Quinn and Tommy.
Now, in response to you believing that Quinn's actions need to stand on their own merits, I also concur, however this isn't to be applied solely to Quinn and her actions. A few characters have some things they need to atone for. There comes a time in everyone's life where we come to a crossroads. Admit your wrongs and mistakes or follow the other path that will only lead to your own downfall.
Let's hope so. But that's why I say it's going to be a long process.

Quinn is actively resisting the opportunity to change right now, even with people trying to help her along the way. If Tommy apologizing to her didn't make a dent in Quinn's psyche, then getting Quinn to change is going to be a very difficult process that can't even start until *something* pretty serious happens to her.

I worry about what it will take, and what will happen to Quinn on runs where she won't even let the MC get close enough to help in the first place.

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
Dude you're taking everything at face value. Each and every girl in HOTs prefer partying with DIKs to Jocks. Including Sage. Each and every Jock tried to score with HOTs got denied. Including Anthony :KEK: Meanwhile MC scores 4,5 times, Derek scores 1 even tho he wasn't at the party :PogChamp:and Jacob does score one too.
If Tommy wouldn't bitch about what Quinn did that much and saw Sage's explaining, they would keep partying together. Also it was only for that party too, Halloween party will still happen.
But hey, it's also true. Before DIKs HOTs would party with Jocks, that happened for years, so it's a tradition. The situation getting back to traditions doesn't mean girls are enjoying it :WeSmart:
I have to think more about it before i come to conclusion.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
Nah. I'm not wrong.
Go back further in that conversation. Quinn never once says it. She says something along the lines of "I'm sure you girls heard about a rumor"
and also she never confirms or denies the rumor.
You need a literal: "I offer free tuition"?. Ok, but that's not how the language works.
If you ask: "Free tuition?" and your answer is: "And you buttercup? Are you in", then you confirmed and you promised it, because "in", in the conext of the conversation, since the question of Mona, menas free tution. There is no way to misunderstand that conversation.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
You need a literal: "I offer free tuition"?. Ok, but that's not how the language works.
If you ask: "Free tuition?" and your answer is: "And you buttercup? Are you in", then you confirmed and you promised it, because "in", in the conext of the conversation, since the question of Mona, menas free tution. There is no way to misunderstand that conversation.
Oh but that's where you're wrong. It's called misdirection. Make someone assume you're talking about one thing, in this case the free tuition, while not admitting or denying the existence of said free tuition, and you have plausible deniability. So, with that being said, saying Quinn lied to their face about it is a false claim.

Reactions: RukiRG

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I have to think more about it before i come to conclusion.
If you have a save check back the Prep's party. Some of the HOTs and Sage says the same thing about partying with DIKs. Which HOTs say tho, don't remember.
Except that Quinn isn't a random member of the sorority. She's the Vice President, she's in charge of the pledging process, and she's Maya's "mother." Furthermore, if Maya asks Sage to change mothers because she isn't comfortable with Quinn, Sage will reprimand her and ignore the concern. In your analogy, Maya didn't ask a patient; she asked the receptionist, then tried to ask the doctor - only to be told to listen to the receptionist.

You can rail against the plot point as much as you want, but Maya did ask the appropriate authority about free tuition and had it confirmed. It's not Maya's fault the authority was lying to her.

Yes, Zirael, I'm quite serious. In my experience, a parent determined to control their child can do at least as much damage as well-meaning but incompetent (or even absent) parents.

You say Patrick cares for Maya in a twisted way, but isn't that exactly what we see with Rox in the flashback? And isn't that a possible interpretation of what we see with Buddy in the present? Quinn had a family (real and surrogate) that does seem to care about her in some manner. Maybe they did a terrible job of it, or maybe it's just a case of looks being deceiving. But if we really want to get into a pissing match about who's upbringing was worse, we're going to need to compare more than just 1 sentence synopses.

We've seen very little of Maya's upbringing and most of what we know about Patrick is second hand. We've seen 1 snippet of Quinn's childhood and an even smaller snippet of her current relationship with Buddy. That's not enough to make any real determination.

But I do reject the idea that Quinn must necessarily have had it worse just because Maya's family was traditionally middle class. There are too many ways to fuck up a child for it to be that simple.

Eh, context matters. Had Maya slapped Josy because she agreed to join the HOTs, I think the reaction would have been a lot more negative for Maya. And the MC's fighting can vary quite a bit in how it's presented. Beating Troy is hardly shown in a heroic light, whereas fighting Caleb to a standstill is.

I'm not seeing the confusion here.

That was how I felt at the end of Season 1. The problem is that since then we've seen Tommy struggle with (or even challenge) his worst impulses, whereas Quinn's response is always to double down on them. That's why I was so disappointed by the scene with Tommy and Quinn at the end of Episode 7. Making Tommy seem like the bigger man is no easy task, yet Quinn pulled it off. :(

Let's hope so. But that's why I say it's going to be a long process.

Quinn is actively resisting the opportunity to change right now, even with people trying to help her along the way. If Tommy apologizing to her didn't make a dent in Quinn's psyche, then getting Quinn to change is going to be a very difficult process that can't even start until *something* pretty serious happens to her.

I worry about what it will take, and what will happen to Quinn on runs where she won't even let the MC get close enough to help in the first place.
Agreed about we need to learn more about their backgrounds, hopefully we will but I doubt we will. Constant flashbacks will bore people at some point.
For parent point, I will disagree. They can be both mentally damaged to a degree, but that's where the comfort and support comes in. Not going to speculate any more about them since it'll get nowhere tbh.

Reactions: Abhishek_tanwar

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Come on, neither Quinn nor Maya act like adults and I think that's very obvious so far.
Maya only wants to join the HOTs for the free tuition of course the first thing she will think about is how it works. I think Quinn knew that Maya would never have agreed with the "restaurant" thing and the only reason she played along was to fuck with her to teach her a lesson (I don't know in what exactly).

Maya didn't demand any money, she went and asked Mona about the free tuition and told her that they could do it together that's when Mona tells her that there's basically no such thing as FREE tuition. And when she goes to question Quinn, instead of acting like an "adult" and talking privately to her, she teases her saying that she is believing in rumors (which is a lie because she had offered it to her) obviously Maya is angry, if her anger is valid that is debatable.
The first thing on her mind should be celebrating with her new sisters.

But I'll have to replay but I'm pretty sure she came right out demanding tuition now.

And sure Quinn might have teased her a bit because she knew she was wrong about Maya, and Maya doesn't have what it takes to get paid.

Either way as I said, I'm done with Maya as a character, she's not even worth the effort to hate, she's nothing.

Maybe I'll mod my game and replace Maya with towliee and have all her lines asking if I want to get high, at least she'll add something to the story.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
Some people will call that a lie. Others will call it to manipulate people to fool them. In any scenario you have been cheated.
But in this scenario it doesn't really matter cause there is no ambiguity at all. Once Mona asked for it, Quinn confirmed it. There is no other possible lecture off that script. Not for us and not for them.

May 12, 2021
Nah. I'm not wrong.
Go back further in that conversation. Quinn never once says it. She says something along the lines of "I'm sure you girls heard about a rumor"
and also she never confirms or denies the rumor.
Am I wrong when I say that Quinn never once promised or mentioned free tuition to anyone?
Promised? No. Mentioned and offered? Yeah.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh but that's where you're wrong. It's called misdirection. Make someone assume you're talking about one thing, in this case the free tuition, while not admitting or denying the existence of said free tuition, and you have plausible deniability. So, with that being said, saying Quinn lied to their face about it is a false claim.
I don't understand where you are going with this, here is no ambiguity, the context is obvious and she confirms it when Mona tells her that she hear about it "in whispers" and Quinn offers them literally "So, girls ... are you interested?" that is not misdirection.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Promised? No. Mentioned and offered? Yeah.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't understand where you are going with this, here is no ambiguity, the context is obvious and she confirms it when Mona tells her that she hear about it "in whispers" and Quinn offers them literally "So, girls ... are you interested?" that is not misdirection.
No ambiguity? Where in that entire conversation did Quinn confirm that there was free tuition? Actually said it? Nowhere.
Not misdirection? Quinn simply mentioned a rumor... it could have been the rumor of the HOT's and Quinn's restaurant, could have been a rumor of free tuition. Maya is the one who immediately assumes Quinn was talking about it. However, further into the conversation what does Quinn say? :
Loose lips, sink ships.
But loose hips, get tips.
Now, if Quinn was talking about free tuition, why would that saying be relevant? It wouldn't at all...but if she was talking about the restaurant...well.. :WeSmart:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes