DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Im not sure anymore if your trolling or serious, but it sets up Bella, she is a LI too - the date which never happens is just the way how DPC choses to get you into Bellas house, kiss her and the rest is up to you... man are you dense. Major flaw my ass...
Hey if you can't debate a point without being abusive then just ignore me and move on.

Daver

Jan 24, 2019
oh please it's just a tennis match, at this point it's impossible to have a different scene for each breach

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
oh please it's just a tennis match, at this point it's impossible to have a different scene for each breach
It may be impossible to have a different scene for each choice, but if the player chooses, it should give the option to cut the scene out. It would make for a shorter game, but it would be sufficient.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I've heard that argument before, there are lot's of games with extensive branching, proving it's not impossible.

Also, yes I've seen her boobs. They're grotesque, so's her personality.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
... but it would be nice if there was a way to choose which LI's you're attracted to from the start. Like you would in real life.
Im am RE AL LY curious what your standard of "real life" is, you just got into College and you want - without the knowledge of what happens in Episodes 3-7 - make a call which of the LI's you wanna pursue and its supposed to be final ??? You dont know anything real about them at that point, how would that make more sense or resemble "real life" better ? Everything constantly changes and even more so when you just arrived in College. I believe DPC is a friggin genius for giving us multiple chances to start smth with the LI's and if you are not interessted in a certain LI, 90% of all interaction is taken out or "just" a friendship.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Im am RE AL LY curious what your standard of "real life" is, you just got into College and you want - without the knowledge of what happens in Episodes 3-7 - make a call which of the LI's you wanna pursue and its supposed to be final ??? You dont know anything real about them at that point, how would that make more sense or resemble "real life" better ? Everything constantly changes and even more so when you just arrived in College. I believe DPC is a friggin genius for giving us multiple chances to start smth with the LI's and if you are not interessted in a certain LI, 90% of all interaction is taken out or "just" a friendship.
All attraction is first based upon appearance and judgement. If you see someone who you find unattractive, would you choose to interact with that person willingly or would you only interact with them if the situation arises where it's necessary?
The multiple choices are a good idea but what I don't like is having a story forced upon me that I don't want. Like Maya for example. I don't like how it seems like we're forced to take part of her story even though I am vehemently against it in all the choices I've made.

Reactions: DavDR

Daver

Jan 24, 2019
It may be impossible to have a different scene for each choice, but if the player chooses, it should give the option to cut the scene out. It would make for a shorter game, but it would be sufficient.
like Josy's and Maya's treesome for scavenger? naah it's too funny to break Tybalt's teeth

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Hey if you can't debate a point without being abusive then just ignore me and move on.
Im sorry for calling you "dense"... Im even more sorry for you that you found that to be "abusive" ...

All attraction is first based upon appearance and judgement. If you see someone who you find unattractive, would you choose to interact with that person willingly or would you only interact with them if the situation arises where it's necessary?
The multiple choices are a good idea but what I don't like is having a story forced upon me that I don't want. Like Maya for example. I don't like how it seems like we're forced to take part of her story even though I am vehemently against it in all the choices I've made.
100% agree on the attraction part, you cant have a relationship without beeing attracted to that person.

But at the same time, if the game would resemble real life - 5 LI's would turn into 1.

Sage : I'm sorry im in a relationship.
Jose : I'm sorry im in a relationship.
Maya : I'm sorry im in a relationship.
Bella : I'm sorry im married.
Jill : Yay !!!

The having "beeing forced to continue having interactions even tho you have no interesst in a certain LI" part is imo unavoidable, because you have to keep the door open for everyone playing thet game. I mean the forum would explode if you're on a single LI part and the next update after 5 months of waiting has 10 minutes of content. I can however understand how you find it annoying, but I dont believe there is any fix to it.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
like Josy's and Maya's treesome for scavenger? naah it's too funny to break Tybalt's teeth
Yep, that's your choice, not necessarily anybody else's. And that's the major flaw in the game. DPC wrote this with the assumption that the player was going to like and/or be attracted too every LI in the game. That has turned out to be a very flawed assumption.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It’s a “virtual” novel, i.e. a story.

DPC made it clear that the story is fairly linear. You basically just get to choose who the mc fucks.

No ones forcing you to do anything.

If you pick up a novel and read it, and you don’t like the girl that the Mc is dating, do you feel that it’s being forced on you?

You just put the novel down if you don’t enjoy it.

This "game" is the same; it’s a story. You have some influence over it, but each of these girls are important to the mc’s story and so they will remain.

This is not your story.

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I also understand what the others are saying as well. That choices make it a lot more tolerable. If you choose not to pursue Jill, her interactions are fewer but it would be nice if there was a way to choose which LI's you're attracted to from the start. Like you would in real life.
I think it's best to see all of the main LI's as friends essential to the story, any romance being optional... Even though you might not be interested romanticly in one or more of them, they still are part of the story. There may very well be essential info in the scenes you can not avoid, if not now perhaps for future content to make any sense...

At times things happen that may feel forced, but if it's essential to the story it just is what it is...

It's not even JUST a tennis match.... it is THE tennis match Tybalt lost his teeth :) the tennis date directly affects how Tybalt's presentation scene plays out....

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Maya is also the one who needs to be saved. It depends on how you play the Maya route, but in EP7 she is drugged without knowing it, just like the CHICK MC. The drugs are in the drinks or on the pizza. I think Maya was drugged from the beginning to make her compliant. If you unpack the files of the game, you will also see pictures that do not appear in the game or only later in EP8. On it you can see a DIK hand closing and making a fist out of the coins that always changed between Tommy and the MC. The Dik party in EP7 is easily placed in the future, the conversation between Maya and Sage is not and she tells Sage something. I guess that in EP8 there will be a time lapse backward. Vinny's friend wants to lure the MC there via SMS. In my playthrough, the jocks went to the Pinkrose. The beer came from the Pink Rose and the name of the beer was Pink White. Who knows what happened there. But at the end of EP7 the clothes of Josy and the MC are more formal. I think that the Wehcsel of the coin has to mean something. Maybe some kind of presidential change in the DIK and the HOT's. Who was the best cook? Arieth and who cooked for everyone before breakfast. I think that's how the DIK Mansion was destroyed, because someone drugged the Alpha's (coke). Since in the credits Magmar is in the foreground of the Preps Mansion, I think it was one of the 2 factions. There was probably a competition for the Pink Rose. The Nerd's need a Menza and the Preps need a club. Sage will take the Pink Rose in a competition and later the MC. But I think that Sage and the MC will make common cause. He taught Sage how to fight.

Daver

Jan 24, 2019
ok I'm doing a new path, in love with Josy and kind with other girls but nothing else (I refuse to kiss her or doing something like it, but I still compliment her), we'll see what happen

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
For all those who complain that the players gets forced into relationships with the various LIs against their will, here's a patch to resolve it. Actually, it's not so much a patch as an epilogue.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmm, no.

I'd go as far to say that all the best parts of this game take place off the paths of the LIs. Except Sage on Tybalt's bed. That's a top 5.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: shazba

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
It’s a “virtual” novel, i.e. a story.

DPC made it clear that the story is fairly linear. You basically just get to choose who the mc fucks.

No ones forcing you to do anything anything.

If you pick up a novel and read it, and you don’t like the girl that the Mc is dating, do you feel that it’s being forced on you?

You just put the novel down if you don’t enjoy it.

This “game is the same”. It’s a story; you have some influence over it, but each of these girls are important to the mc’s story and so they will remain.

This is not your story.
Yeah, tell that to all the reviewers and stan's who go on and on about choice in this game. But I stand by my essential point. For the author to assume that the players would like all the LI's is a flaw in the design of the game, and a valid criticism.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I don't really understand what the difference is between status and affinity honestly. Could anyone explain? Is status based on your DIK gauge and affinity based on actions only? I didn't really pay attention to the explanation while playing the game before, just DIK'ed everything up.
Mechanically, Status is determined by minor actions (conversation choices, mostly) and affects the way the MC speaks: he uses a lot more profanity and vulgarity if he has DIK status. Affinity is determined by 'Major' choices, like beating up Troy in Episode 1, or partying without limits at the Pink Rose in Episode 3. It doesn't have a lot of direct effect, but an increasing number of options will either require or forbid a given Affinity. Also, starting with Episode 7 it's possible to make Major choices automatically if you have achieved permanent Affinity.

Thematically, it's a bit of a muddled mess. In theory Affinity represents the way the MC thinks (his core identity if you will), while Status is vague combo of reputation and style. But in practice the lines are so blurred as to be useless. We're basically stuck with two very slightly related mechanics to do the same thing, resulting in a frustrating, extremely overcomplicated setup that hinders roleplay at least as much as it helps.

Sadly, we're stuck with it now.

The game doesn't give you any choice. One of the major flaws of BaDIK is that the game assume's that you are attracted to all of the LI's and causes the MC to interact with them based on that assumption. For example, the dinner date with Bella in ep 2. Why would an MC who is not attracted to Jill or Bella accept the invitation? And yet there is no choice to NOT accept the invitation.
Eh, I'm fairly forgiving of that one: we've established that (whether we're interested in her or not) the MC does think Bella is hot. And it is an opportunity to prove her wrong and/or get to know her. Also, at the time the MC had no pressing concerns that needed to be put on hold for the not-date. So I think it's reasonable to assume even an MC uninterested in Bella might go along just for the novelty.

I think a better example of the problem is the MC sleepover at Bella's in Episode 5. By then he and Bella know each other; they might even dislike each other if you work hard enough. Yet Bella will still invite the MC to stay (AND let him call her Bella if she previously forbid it), for pretty much no reason. Meanwhile, an MC on either the Sage or Maya/Josy paths has ample reason to want to spend the night elsewhere, yet he never even gives it a thought.

And we've already discussed the most egregious example of how absurd the MC's moping in Chapter 4 is if he declined to sleep with both Maya and Josy. So I definitely agree the game has its flaws.

I've heard that argument before, there are lot's of games with extensive branching, proving it's not impossible.
But I can't agree with this. I have not found another game that offers meaningful branching significantly better than BaDIK. Plenty of games have very well done branching, but the branches are high level and very discrete - even then there are often plenty of seams visible. I've also seen a few games have more extensive branching, but those always run into the problem that the branching itself is so disconnected from any narrative as to become effectively filler.

BaDIK strikes the best balance IMHO. There's a ridiculous amount of attention to detail, with a lot of subtle callbacks to decisions you've made, but the game does keep those decisions (large and small) within the context of an ongoing story. It's not perfect and we will notice the rails on occasion, but it's still an impressive work.

Daver

Jan 24, 2019
note: on ep 2 when MC is drunk are at Bella's home we should choose if kiss her or not, in the same way we can choose to peek on her or not

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
or you can respect what they already have, be their friend, also their brothers friend, try to support them and help them...
Jill is virgin, without a relationship, Sage is almost out of her relationship, Quinn can be worth to fighting for depends on what will be your loses on this path...
I still don't understand what you're talking about....

Do you think it's wrong to be interested in Josy and Maya? I think you've got the wrong game...

but regardless of what you or I may believe, the game tells us that MC falls in love at first sight with Josy and with Maya builds a relationship for both of them that becomes more and more important, without this premise chapter 4 is a piece of crap and being the main part of season 1 consequently the whole first season is a piece of crap. and that was my point

Are you for real men ! What mc think about him self for being in relation with bella and jill.

There is your answer, If mc in the path of bella and and jill he think of him self as a garbage and this 3 way is doomed to doom all including mc. 3 way regarding M and J will see same faith.
In fact, I wrote that it is the only relationship for which the game warns us that there will be problems.

then the scene is what it is, from that decision you pass even if you are only on Jill path, and I don't understand why the only solution to that dilemma is to leave Jill...

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes