felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Not saying it's impossible but if there was a kid

A: why are the stool and the mirror still there if they no longer serve any function, if there's a locked nursery one door further just put them there.... the idea is it's locked so she doesnt get confronted with it afterall....
B: Why is the nursery on first floor? The bedroom is on the second.... not really convenient with small kids...
C: there's several pictures with James and Bella in the house, (atleast 2 first floor and another in her bedroom) but not one picture or other clue that suggests a kid...
it seems incredible to me that a mother grieving for the loss of a son, to whom this grief has also cost her marriage, hides every trace of her loss except in the bathroom.... where it is also difficult not to let any guest go...

a room to which no one should have access but then in the bathroom the surprise...

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
This is not quite true. Yes, for the MG that is correct, but you lose a lot of content with the SG including Quinn. The side stories are absolutely not to be despised.

I feel the same way. In my opinion, that's because Sage is different. It is not the MC who is chasing Sage, but she is chasing him. In addition, one is not used to the role as a guy and is therefore quite defenseless against female advances.

I also really like the hangout as fuck buddy. But I have to be honest, I like the one with Quinn the best. And not because of the sex part. Their dancing is breathtaking and the cuddling is heartwarming.
dancing?

Jan 30, 2021
The CHICK route give you the most opportunity to fullfill the scenes with Jill, Bella, Maya & Josy.
the DIK route is more fit for the HOTs girls, the Pink Rose strippers and others side characters, but of course some of them cost some $.

So the best way to play for me until now is :
-1 playthrough when you get the mini games activated for the DIK ROUTE.
-1 without for the CHICK ROUTE.
CHICK route = romance
DIK route = dicking

good luck to all the Sage fans you gonna need it .

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: AchedCroissant

CapnPen

Oct 27, 2017
Massive DIK route got all the hottest scene. Best route for sure
That's what I'm talking about massive DIK just feels right to me lol.
It kinda sucks because Jill is my favorite and I'm pretty sure I just got locked out of her route in the last chapter, but I cant bring myself to pick most of the Chick options.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Btw I use a mac laptop. Also when updating the patch, do you just drag the "Contents" folder to the BeingADIK.app or do you have to press any buttons?
Non of the above. When updating a Ren'py game on MacOS, right click on the game, choose Show package contents and then navigate to the folder you want to change. In this case it's probably /Contents/Resoures/autorun/game. Drop the files of the patch in that game folder, overwriting when necessary.
When applying updates or mods, it's always prudent to make a duplicate or backup of the original game, so that you can easily reverse your changes without having to download everything again.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I wasn't making an argument that Sage is justified in cheating. If your partner cheats, and you cheat in revenge, that's still cheating. My argument is that from Chad's POV there was no relationship for Sage to cheat on.

Thought experiment - let's say Chad finds out that while he and Sage were going out, MC was giving her the foot long special. Does Chad think Sage is a cheater? No, of course he doesn't think Sage is a cheater - in his mind, he wasn't in that relationship anymore, he hasn't been together with Sage since he discovered he was gay, it was all a lie that he dragged her along for. The only reason he pretended to care was to keep up appearances. Does Sage think she herself is a cheater? Obviously yes, because from her POV she was still in that relationship, but she wasn't. Again, the relationship didn't exist for Chad, it was a farce. You can't cheat on someone who isn't going out with you.
I very much disagree: Chad may not have been emotionally invested in his relationship with Sage, but he was well aware it existed. As was Sage.

If Chad found out about Sage's infidelity, I don't think he'd be angry the way Sage was by his, but I do think he'd care. If nothing else it reveals Sage is a bit of a hypocrite, so he could lecture her about punching him. But it's also possible he has an oversized ego and would still be offended at the idea anyone would cheat on him even if he was just going through the motions. People aren't always rational. Plus, as I said, Sage tried to cheat on Chad before she knew for certain he was cheating, it's just the MC and/or Jacob managed to stymie her attempt.

In short, while I think Chad is unlikely to have been emotionally hurt by Sage cheating on him the way she was (or the way the MC theoretically was by the whole Maya/Josy reveal), that doesn't mean the relationship didn't exist. It did, especially for Sage, and she still chose to sleep with the MC rather than confront Chad and either work something out or end the relationship honestly. She cheated, end of story.

I don't see her situation as much different than Josy, at least in the setup. Neither girl was getting what they needed from their relationship, and both saw the opportunity to get that from the MC instead. So they slowly rationalized a way to have a fling with the MC anyway, only for drama to ensue because that's how fiction works.

The main differences are that we know there was genuine affection between Maya and Josy at one point, and that Josy seems better able to accept what she was doing. Josy didn't pretend the MC was just a roll in the hay, and if it winds up being a one-time thing she shows a desire not to repeat her actions in the future.
Josy_not_a_cheater_1.jpg
With Sage, I think she's still unwilling to acknowledge what she did with the MC and what that says about her and her feelings for him. Some of that may come down to DPC trying to limit the branching for her paths, but a lot of it is just Sage being unable to cope with Chad not wanting her.

Which is not to say Sage is a bad person. She was a young woman in a bad situation and she made a mistake. I think she'll work her way through this eventually. But she did cheat and she will need to acknowledge that at some point before she can put this all behind her.

Do we have any evidence that Sage and Chad ever fucked? I can't remember the specifics, but I do recall Sage saying that there was at least quite a prolonged time period of no sex. Maybe they never even did it. Speculation: Do we really believe that Sage didn't fuck anyone else before the MC, especially given how horny she is? Also, factoring in very little, even perhaps no, sex from Chad? I'd speculate that it's unlikely that MC was her first instance of disloyalty. I can't prove it, of course. It's just a gut feeling. That girl likes sex and I don't think she'd hold out forever.
We have no indication there was ever affection between Chad and Sage at this time and I'm inclined to think the relationship was always pretty passionless (though it's true that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence). We also have no proof whether Sage has cheated on Chad prior to the MC. In this case, however, I'm inclined to think the MC was her first since she started dating Chad.

First, her inner monologue where she decides to play around with the MC in Episode 2 suggests she needs to rationalize this because she now knows Chad is cheating. That makes a lot more sense if this isn't something she's done before. Also, when Jacob drags the MC off Sage at the party, he mentions that doing anything with Sage in public will cause big waves very quickly. Granted, that could just mean that Sage's previous flings were smart enough to be discrete. But given how little effort Sage is putting into hiding her affair with the MC, I'm skeptical she would have been more clandestine in the past.

I think the easiest explanation is that Sage had an active sex life before she started dating Chad, but had been loyal to him since then before she met the MC.

It was fun for a non fuck buddy run, but you're right that option doesn't really make sense. If I had to think about a reason then it's probably because DPC noticed how popular she was so now everyone had a chance in ch7, and it worked her popularity is through the roof. I just hope this was a one time thing and there will be no more shortcuts like this in the next chapters.
I'm pretty sure DPC always intended to give Sage an opening for people who didn't want to cheat with her, just as I'm sure Maya and Josy will eventually have solo routes. The question is why the two paths converged so suddenly.

I'm hoping it was just DPC trying to conserve art/coding time by reusing assets in both paths in the already crowded Episode 7. But if so, I think this was a situation where the savings aren't worth it. So hopefully going forward the two paths will branch back out a bit. My fear is that they'll basically stay interchangeable, and the the new branches will be about just how interested the MC is in a long-term relationship vs a short term FWB one.

Those are fine branches to explore, but fuck buddy/friend should explore them from two different starting points.

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I'm pretty sure DPC always intended to give Sage an opening for people who didn't want to cheat with her, just as I'm sure Maya and Josy will eventually have solo routes. The question is why the two paths converged so suddenly.

I'm hoping it was just DPC trying to conserve art/coding time by reusing assets in both paths in the already crowded Episode 7. But if so, I think this was a situation where the savings aren't worth it. So hopefully going forward the two paths will branch back out a bit. My fear is that they'll basically stay interchangeable, and the the new branches will be about just how interested the MC is in a long-term relationship vs a short term FWB one.

Those are fine branches to explore, but fuck buddy/friend should explore them from two different starting points.
What makes you pretty sure of that? There's been no indication that DPC planned to open up any path at a later date.

If in fact the late Sage path turn's out to be a better chance at a good Sage ending it's going to be very unfair to the people who've been on her path all along and is going to piss a lot of players off.

Along with his ever changing teases about the ultimate length of the game I think it's just one more indication that DPC doesn't have a plan for the game and is just making it up as he goes.

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
That's what I'm talking about massive DIK just feels right to me lol.
It kinda sucks because Jill is my favorite and I'm pretty sure I just got locked out of her route in the last chapter, but I cant bring myself to pick most of the Chick options.
It's alright man just start over with a new save file. You're probably gonna do it eventually anyway, and you can still go for DIK choices even with CHICK status, though there will definitely be some locked choices, if you like Jill, definitely open a new CHICK save.

In short, while I think Chad is unlikely to have been emotionally hurt by Sage cheating on him the way she was (or the way the MC theoretically was by the whole Maya/Josy reveal), that doesn't mean the relationship didn't exist. It did, especially for Sage, and she still chose to sleep with the MC rather than confront Chad and either work something out or end the relationship honestly. She cheated, end of story.
But given how little effort Sage is putting into hiding her affair with the MC, I'm skeptical she would have been more clandestine in the past.
IMO, at the start, Sage was already sexually frustrated since Chad wouldn't take her. Additionally, she probably was on a somewhat rocky relationship with Chad already, given the first interaction we had with her. I do believe she still had hope in the relationship and still believed in Chad, though it definitely went downhill after she started suspecting that Chad had a side chick. She was probably clinging onto that last thread of hope for their relationship to recover, which is why she didn't want to end her relationship with Chad either. I feel like there have been multiple instances in which she's hinted to Chad that she knew he was cheating without explicitly stating it, but she was probably hoping for Chad to be the one to confess what he's done rather than just calling him out for it. She trusted him, and had probably invested a fair amount of emotions and time into their relationship.

The MC, at the start, was just a convenient tool for her to vent her sexual frustrations, which couldn't be fulfilled by her boyfriend. I also do think that she was hoping that Chad would suspect something and confront her, as to validate her position in his heart. In the end, though, that plan backfired, and Sage might've ended up developing feelings for her 'boy-toy', even if she's still unsure of it. Maybe it would've unfolded differently if Chad just banged her, honestly speaking. Because other than in the first episode where Chad is fuming after finding out Sage went over to the DIKs, in the subsequent episodes, we never see him appearing for Sage, and the only time we actually see them together is during their quarrel. Kinda speaks volumes to me.

As for her being secretive, my thoughts are that no other guy had ever actually had the guts to approach her after finding out that her boyfriend is the leader of the jocks. As stated in the first episode, you gotta have some real balls if you're going after Chad's girl, apparently. MC seems to be the only one that wasn't really afraid of the jocks at all, so that might've been the catalyst for Sage and the MC's relationship.

I'm quite interested in how they got together though, because even in Episode 5's intro story, we can already see Chad ignoring Sage quite a bit, though Sage at the time seemed to be head over heels for Chad, so she probably never even noticed. Hoping to see exactly how their relationship started sometime in the future, because I think that'll explain quite a few things (unless it's just another teenage romance story, in which case, fuck.)

I'm pretty sure DPC always intended to give Sage an opening for people who didn't want to cheat with her, just as I'm sure Maya and Josy will eventually have solo routes. The quetion is why the two paths converged so suddenly.

I'm hoping it was just DPC trying to conserve art/coding time by reusing assets in both paths in the already crowded Episode 7. But if so, I think this was an indication where the savings aren't worth it. So hopefully going forward the two paths will branch back out a bit. My fear is that they'll basically stay interchangeable, and the the new branches will be about just how interested the MC is in a long-term relationship vs a short term FWB one.

Those are fine branches to explore, but fuck buddy/friend should explore them from two different starting points
I'm in full agreement for this. It makes no sense to just have 4 of the 5 main LIs be pseudo-exclusive to a specific route, meanwhile the remaining LI can be obtained willy-nilly as long as you decide to pursue her. It's a turning point for some who've never really considered Sage an option, but for those who've chosen her as her main LI, it's a big stab in the back since it feels like all the effort they've put into accumulating her RPs were all for naught. Hopefully it's just a one-time thing on DPC's part, and as you've said, multiple branches depending on the time you've actually spent with her and the things you've done with her.

Reactions: mojococo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
We have no indication there was ever affection between Chad and Sage at this time and I'm inclined to think the relationship was always pretty passionless (though it's true that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence). We also have no proof whether Sage has cheated on Chad prior to the MC. In this case, however, I'm inclined to think the MC was her first since she started dating Chad.

First, her inner monologue where she decides to play around with the MC in Episode 2 suggests she needs to rationalize this because she now knows Chad is cheating. That makes a lot more sense if this isn't something she's done before. Also, when Jacob drags the MC off Sage at the party, he mentions that doing anything with Sage in public will cause big waves very quickly. Granted, that could just mean that Sage's previous flings were smart enough to be discrete. But given how little effort Sage is putting into hiding her affair with the MC, I'm skeptical she would have been more clandestine in the past.

I think the easiest explanation is that Sage had an active sex life before she started dating Chad, but had been loyal to him since then before she met the MC
there are two answers to these questions, the rational one and the one that follows BADIK's lore.

the rational one tells us that it's not credible that for 3 years Sage has been with Chad without having sex, maybe some ultra catholic girl could carry out this sacrifice but surely not Sage.
but if we assume that's what happened, that chad had the worst intermittent headache in history, then we can take it for granted that Sage had other fuckbuddies

but then there's the BADIK lore, for which MC is the only penis that is allowed in the LIs, barring faded memories of the dawn of time, versions not confirmed by any reliable testimony, if Sage had other fuck buddies that would disqualify her in the eyes of the players so heaven forbid!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Icekatana

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
What if Bella farted during that 69 session :unsure: :sick::poop:
Depends on how constipated she was, I guess? If she hadn't taken a dump and her shit piled up all in her ass that'd be a big no, but I don't see the problem if her farts were normal. Might be kinda kinky even. I ain't denying that I do like that, no kinkshame pls :BootyTime:

What goes on in your mind though bro, what goes on?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
What makes you pretty sure of that? There's been no indication that DPC planned to open up any path at a later date.

If in fact the late Sage path turn's out to be a better chance at a good Sage ending it's going to be very unfair to the people who've been on her path all along and is going to piss a lot of players off.

Along with his ever changing teases about the ultimate length of the game I think it's just one more indication that DPC doesn't have a plan for the game and is just making it up as he goes.
the narration of the story tells us

we are halfway through, maybe a third, of the story and technically Mc could already be out of any relationship with the LIs, there has to be a chance to get him back in otherwise we might as well give Game over

with Sage already in the second chapter MC could be cut off.
with Bella in the third
J&M in the fourth
Jill everywhere from the fourth onwards

if we haven't told Derek that we have feelings for Maya or Josy we might really be out of everything already. recovery points at this point are predictable maybe for all LIs.

Of course I think they should be prepared with a minimum of itinerary, not with an in or out question all of a sudden.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
the narration of the story tells us

we are halfway through, maybe a third, of the story and technically Mc could already be out of any relationship with the LIs, there has to be a chance to get him back in otherwise we might as well give Game over

with Sage already in the second chapter MC could be cut off.
with Bella in the third
J&M in the fourth
Jill everywhere from the fourth onwards

if we haven't told Derek that we have feelings for Maya or Josy we might really be out of everything already. recovery points at this point are predictable maybe for all LIs.

Of course I think they should be prepared with a minimum of itinerary, not with an in or out question all of a sudden.
If a player couldn't get on an LI's path by ep 7, then it's their own fault. With the possible exception of Bella fan's who got blindsided by Cathy's panties, and that was DPC's fault for throwing that wild curve ball in there. So after alienating the Bella fan's he's now going to do the same to the Sage fan's?

Reactions: asgardtipar2

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If a player couldn't get on an LI's path by ep 7, then it's their own fault. With the possible exception of Bella fan's who got blindsided by Cathy's panties, and that was DPC's fault for throwing that wild curve ball in there. So after alienating the Bella fan's he's now going to do the same to the Sage fan's?
each on her turn, I would take that for granted... :confused:

Sage's problem is that it's a sudden possibility poorly prepared for in player choices.

if when we refused to be fuckbuddy it was made explicit in the choices that we were refusing because we wanted more, it would make sense. but here it really seems like an offer for the poor...

If it was a short story it would make sense.
sure maybe without Sage staring at the bulge in MC's trousers it would have been even more believable:cautious::cautious:

having a second chance with a girl fortunately is realistic

to me the key moments that lead to losing contact with the LIs seem more forced than this recovery (from a narrative point of view, from a game point of view it's a kick in the mouth)

Reactions: mindern
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes