Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Well that's interesting, but where does it say how many voted on this particular tiermaker? Is it actually more than the strawpoll at 1230? Also it's not really a like-for-like comparison, given that the straw poll is only LIs?

The old DIK Lounge had a favourite BaDIK girl poll with 1314 votes, though it only covers ep 1-6 & suffered from allowing multiple votes per user. Like the strawpoll, Josy & Maya lag behind the other LIs on the Lounge poll.
Unfortunately, with Tiermaker there is no way to know, as they do not provide data when a poll was created or how many participated. All what is known that there is a threshold that needs to be crossed for a community result to show up (not defined), and that this is one of two that did. The other also included the male cast.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
each on her turn, I would take that for granted... :confused:

Sage's problem is that it's a sudden possibility poorly prepared for in player choices.

if when we refused to be fuckbuddy it was made explicit in the choices that we were refusing because we wanted more, it would make sense. but here it really seems like an offer for the poor...

If it was a short story it would make sense.
sure maybe without Sage staring at the bulge in MC's trousers it would have been even more believable:cautious::cautious:

having a second chance with a girl fortunately is realistic

to me the key moments that lead to losing contact with the LIs seem more forced than this recovery (from a narrative point of view, from a game point of view it's a kick in the mouth)
Seconded. This route back on is acceptable but make the Sage fuckbuddy route the “bad” one would be insane. These things need to be vaguely telegraphed. I’m in two minds about the Bella panties issue already but at least it makes some sense. To make the Sage fuckbuddy route fall through would just be a kick in the teeth.

Im reserving judgment on Sage this episode because the whole thing reeks of just keeping her in a holding pattern. I need more information because the way shit was phrased this episode annoyed me a little but I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Sages comments about not looking at the MC “through that lens” could be a sticking point for me... especially if he just bridges the fuckbuddy and “got together in ep7” routes and she acts like they’ve only just started this thing on both “routes” and ignore all the history of being fuckbuddies.

If Sage doesn’t acknowledge all the shit from the last 7 episodes and sticks to the idea it was just sex and nothing even remotely more it changes her for me. Don’t get me wrong, it would actually make her more of a DIK route character but it should have been much much clearer with the whole “just sex” thing. All the romantic kisses in the garden (something Mel/Sarah comment on being more than just fuckbuddy stuff), holding hands under blankets or falling asleep in MC’s arms after he came to look after her makes it off that she never remotely saw him as more than a Fuckbuddy. Sage is just as romantic as any other LI and it’s jarring she is so conflicted about the concept of the MC as a boyfriend... by all means play the “it’s too soon” card but its bad writing (in my opinion) after all that’s happened that she can’t even answer if she is interested in dating MC.

If she acted more like the other HOTs or even Quinn and was clear it was just meaningless sex all this “never looked at you this way” stuff makes sense and she would actually come across as a DIK route.

MC annoyed me too with how things were phrased. Dunno why DPC made him act all ambiguous with wanting “more” and not being a “rebound”... ask her on a date. Make it clear you wanna see if something is there rather than making it seem like it’s all or nothing. Sage acts like he fucking proposed and he wanted a “promise” they’d be together. A date makes more sense for all involved.

Sage has lost some of her... characterisation for want of a better word. She was never particularly tied to the “DIK” route and easily romanced as a Chick. Now she’s acting all DIK route, casual sex... calling MC a girl for wanting more... I dunno. Even the MC as a full DIK reacts to Sage in such a way he thought there was something more.

Sage needed more stuff like the first time you have sex with her where she makes it clear it’s just sex. You should need to affirm it was just sex throughout her route or be penalised. She should need DIK actions to be with, like Quinn or the other HOTS.

If he wants us to act like the last 7 episodes meant nothing Sage should have been the anthesis to Jill. Needs DIK points and actions. Have sex with no emotions and the big crescendo be an emotional connection leading to more. This is kind of a mess in my opinion (based on what we have so far, it could all change in an episode).

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
What makes you pretty sure of that? There's been no indication that DPC planned to open up any path at a later date.

If in fact the late Sage path turn's out to be a better chance at a good Sage ending it's going to be very unfair to the people who've been on her path all along and is going to piss a lot of players off.

Along with his ever changing teases about the ultimate length of the game I think it's just one more indication that DPC doesn't have a plan for the game and is just making it up as he goes.
DPC's comments on the length of the game haven't changed much: 10-20 episodes. That's a very wide range, but it's been consistently wide.

As for opening up other paths, that's the way the game reads to me. In Episode 5 we explicitly identify her relationship with Chad as why we turned down Sage. That makes it an obvious topic to revisit if she ever broke up with Chad, and sure enough the end of Episode 5 makes it clear that WILL happen (if we hadn't already guessed). Likewise Episode 5 specifically asks if the MC still has feelings for Maya or Josy after rejecting the thruple path (and remembers the answer); again, the implication is clear.

Given that Jill and Bella were still in the pre-path stages then, it's hardly unexpected that decisions for the other 3 LIs might not yet be set in stone. That tracks well with decisions earlier in the game. We can start the fuck buddy path with Sage by fooling around with her in either Episode 2 or 3. We can initial the thruple by sleeping with either Josy or Maya prior to Episode 4. And we can have sex with Sage in Episode 4 whether we chose to stay with her or not. The game has illustrated there were multiple ways to progress with a LI prior to Episode 7.

On the question of whether giving a Sage path for those who turned down being her fuck buddy is fair, two points. First, DPC made it abundantly clear with Acting Lessons that he's not particularly interested in being "fair" nor is he worried about pissing people off. So while we can certainly discuss the matter it's hardly an obstacle to how BaDIK will act.

Secondly, I find the notion that fuck buddies "earned" a special status with Sage misguided. If you chose to start an affair with someone in a formal relationship you shouldn't expect that affair to be the one true path to love. If anything, you should probably expect that the resulting affair to a be very short-term: full of passion that burns out quickly. Giving the affair a legitimate chance for more is already being generous IMHO, even if it is likely a necessary concession to AVN tropes.

At any rate, the point is that just because there are two paths to Sage (regardless of exactly which ending(s) each path gets), that doesn't make it unfair to the path that opened first. The journey matters at least as much as the destination, and in this case the fuck buddy path has a very different journey prior to Episode 7.

Now I agree, it will be a waste to conflate the routes going forward, but I can't rail against DPC for something he hasn't actually done yet.

there are two answers to these questions, the rational one and the one that follows BADIK's lore.

the rational one tells us that it's not credible that for 3 years Sage has been with Chad without having sex, maybe some ultra catholic girl could carry out this sacrifice but surely not Sage.
but if we assume that's what happened, that chad had the worst intermittent headache in history, then we can take it for granted that Sage had other fuckbuddies

but then there's the BADIK lore, for which MC is the only penis that is allowed in the LIs, barring faded memories of the dawn of time, versions not confirmed by any reliable testimony, if Sage had other fuck buddies that would disqualify her in the eyes of the players so heaven forbid!!!
We don't know how old the relationship between Sage and Chad was. In the Episode 5 flashback (~two years before the start of the game) , they don't seem to be an item yet (though Sage is obviously enamored with Chad). When we first see them in Episode 1, their relationship seems to be well established. That suggests we're looking at a relationship between .25-1.75 years old, give or take.

Anything up to a year seems plausible to me; if Sage was truly smitten, she'd be willing to wait for Chad to be comfortable. Longer than that is still not completely outrageous (Sage is pretty clearly frustrated, after all), but it does start to undercut her comment in Episode 5 that guys don't normally reject her.

There's also the possibility that Chad DID have some sexy times with Sage on occasion, at least early on in the relationship. It's less likely now that we know Chad is gay, but we still can't rule it out.

LoDoN-

Sep 3, 2017
We don't know how old the relationship between Sage and Chad was. In the Episode 5 flashback (~two years before the start of the game) , they don't seem to be an item yet (though Sage is obviously enamored with Chad). When we first see them in Episode 1, their relationship seems to be well established. That suggests we're looking at a relationship between .25-1.75 years old, give or take.

Anything up to a year seems plausible to me; if Sage was truly smitten, she'd be willing to wait for Chad to be comfortable. Longer than that is still not completely outrageous (Sage is pretty clearly frustrated, after all), but it does start to undercut her comment in Episode 5 that guys don't normally reject her.

There's also the possibility that Chad DID have some sexy times with Sage on occasion, at least early on in the relationship. It's less likely now that we know Chad is gay, but we still can't rule it out.
I don't know man, I think Chad might have never fucked her, hence her frustration, and in this frustration she would go out and get dicked by random dudes, possibly even Chad's friends or DIKs. Everything seems to indicate that Chad didn't really perform, which is why she got so angry with him cheating, since it implies that he was fucking someone else, which in turn caused her obssession. But yes, heavely implied that Sage has had plenty of dick in her, just not Chad's. A former fuckbuddy of her making himself known might even be drama for her futute path.

Reactions: Icekatana

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Seconded. This route back on is acceptable but make the Sage fuckbuddy route the “bad” one would be insane. These things need to be vaguely telegraphed. I’m in two minds about the Bella panties issue already but at least it makes some sense. To make the Sage fuckbuddy route fall through would just be a kick in the teeth.

Im reserving judgment on Sage this episode because the whole thing reeks of just keeping her in a holding pattern. I need more information because the way shit was phrased this episode annoyed me a little but I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Sages comments about not looking at the MC “through that lens” could be a sticking point for me... especially if he just bridges the fuckbuddy and “got together in ep7” routes and she acts like they’ve only just started this thing on both “routes” and ignore all the history of being fuckbuddies.

If Sage doesn’t acknowledge all the shit from the last 7 episodes and sticks to the idea it was just sex and nothing even remotely more it changes her for me. Don’t get me wrong, it would actually make her more of a DIK route character but it should have been much much clearer with the whole “just sex” thing. All the romantic kisses in the garden (something Mel/Sarah comment on being more than just fuckbuddy stuff), holding hands under blankets or falling asleep in MC’s arms after he came to look after her makes it off that she never remotely saw him as more than a Fuckbuddy. Sage is just as romantic as any other LI and it’s jarring she is so conflicted about the concept of the MC as a boyfriend... by all means play the “it’s too soon” card but its bad writing (in my opinion) after all that’s happened that she can’t even answer if she is interested in dating MC.

If she acted more like the other HOTs or even Quinn and was clear it was just meaningless sex all this “never looked at you this way” stuff makes sense and she would actually come across as a DIK route.

MC annoyed me too with how things were phrased. Dunno why DPC made him act all ambiguous with wanting “more” and not being a “rebound”... ask her on a date. Make it clear you wanna see if something is there rather than making it seem like it’s all or nothing. Sage acts like he fucking proposed and he wanted a “promise” they’d be together. A date makes more sense for all involved.

Sage has lost some of her... characterisation for want of a better word. She was never particularly tied to the “DIK” route and easily romanced as a Chick. Now she’s acting all DIK route, casual sex... calling MC a girl for wanting more... I dunno. Even the MC as a full DIK reacts to Sage in such a way he thought there was something more.

Sage needed more stuff like the first time you have sex with her where she makes it clear it’s just sex. You should need to affirm it was just sex throughout her route or be penalised. She should need DIK actions to be with, like Quinn or the other HOTS.

If he wants us to act like the last 7 episodes meant nothing Sage should have been the anthesis to Jill. Needs DIK points and actions. Have sex with no emotions and the big crescendo be an emotional connection leading to more. This is kind of a mess in my opinion (based on what we have so far, it could all change in an episode).
i think the two paths will be very similar, with some changes only in the dialogues. even in the seventh one at the end the next scene is exactly the same.

at the end in one path it's Mc asking Sage to take their feelings seriously, in the other it's Sage telling MC that now the situation is different and she's ready for a relationship.

actually i don't think she is, but that doesn't change the fact that with a different path MC and Sage arrive practically at the same point.

Having been a fuckbuddy can never be MC's fault, it was Sage's choice that brought them closer anyway.

the part of Sage and MC in the seventh chapter was quite sudden and unsuccessful, in my opinion at least, hopefully it won't do too much damage

the only clue we have puts them together in their first year, but it doesn't change much anyway...

I don't think thinking that Sage courted Chad for a year and then did more of a gap year waiting for Chad to feel like it is any more believable.

Sage is struggling to accept that Mc needs time to accept the new situation, and in fact she doesn't even wait 5 minutes. there is no reason to think that with Chad she had more patience. the abstinence realistically could have lasted a few months, maybe taking advantage of the summer holidays, not more.

but that's our curiosity as players. I don't think we'll ever find out.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't know man, I think Chad might have never fucked her, hence her frustration, and in this frustration she would go out and get dicked by random dudes, possibly even Chad's friends or DIKs. Everything seems to indicate that Chad didn't really perform, which is why she got so angry with him cheating, since it implies that he was fucking someone else, which in turn caused her obssession. But yes, heavely implied that Sage has had plenty of dick in her, just not Chad's. A former fuckbuddy of her making himself known might even be drama for her futute path.
not with DPC, drama yes but nothing involving betrayal
otherwise the patreons will cry loudly

I summarise the situation again
1 LI lesbian but likes cock, only MC's cock
1 LI bisexual girlfriend who never cheats, doesn't want to cheat at any time, except with MC
1 LI engaged but with a gay guy who doesn't have sex
1 LI who doesn't know what sex is yet
1 LI married with her husband who left a photo and a ring for now

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
I summarise the situation again
1 LI lesbian but likes cock, only MC's cock
1 LI bisexual girlfriend who never cheats, doesn't want to cheat at any time, except with MC
1 LI engaged but with a gay guy who doesn't have sex
1 LI who doesn't know what sex is yet
1 LI married with her husband who left a photo and a ring for now
No wonder why many players prefer banging strippers, teachers & dealers...

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes