vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
siblings have at least 25% of their genetic heritage in common, Maya and Derek being twins could have almost 100%.
Not really, it's true identical twins are 100 % the same in terms of genetics, (barring differences due to mutations during the time they are formed in the womb and such) but identical twins are always same gender...
Derek and Maya would differ roughly the same as when they where born separate, aslong they are from the same father (we know mother is same)
Both siblings aswell as fraternal twins share about (atleast) 50% of the same DNA, aslong they have the same biological parents....

• Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Not really, it's true identical twins are 100 % the same in terms of genetics, (barring differences due to mutations during the time they are formed in the womb and such) but identical twins are always same gender...
Derek and Maya would differ roughly the same as when they where born separate, aslong they are from the same father (we know mother is same)
Both siblings aswell as fraternal twins share about 50% of the same DNA, aslong they have the same biological parents....
I don't have the expertise, but heterozygotic twins can also be born from the same egg, which then splits, so they have the same genetic heritage as the mother plus what they get from the father, so 50% + x

then it's all a matter of probability

between siblings instead the average is 25%, because even if they both draw 50 from the father and 50% from the mother they can draw different "cards".

or so I remember

Reactions: LoDoN-

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
don't have the expertise, but heterozygotic twins can also be born from the same egg, which then splits, so they have the same genetic heritage as the mother plus what they get from the father, so 50% + x
Same egg Twins = identical twins, twins from different eggs = fraternal twins, the identical twins basicly are a result of 1 fertile egg that splits too far apart in early stage with the result twins... Since identical twins come from the same fertilised egg their base DNA is the same to begin with....

LoDoN-

Sep 3, 2017
I don't have the expertise, but heterozygotic twins can also be born from the same egg, which then splits, so they have the same genetic heritage as the mother plus what they get from the father, so 50% + x

then it's all a matter of probability

between siblings instead the average is 25%, because even if they both draw 50 from the father and 50% from the mother they can draw different "cards".

or so I remember
Yeap Monozygotic twins (of different genders) appear to be possible, although extremely rare.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Siblings (both parents) by the law of averages should share 50% of DNA, but they could share more or less, depending on the gametes that produced them. I'm pretty sure by basic genetics it's possible for siblings to share 0% of DNA, although the odds of such a thing happening would be like someone being genetically reborn (like that horrible Netflix movie Jupiter Ascending). Only people guaranteed to be 50% related to someone are the parents.

Then again some Biology major would know more about it, my genetic knowledge comes from high school a long time ago, could possibly even be outdated.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Same egg Twins = identical twins, twins from different eggs = fraternal twins, the identical twins basicly are a result of 1 fertile egg that splits too far apart in early stage with the result twins... Since identical twins come from the same fertilised egg their base DNA is the same to begin with....
it is a rare case that an unfertilised egg can split and then be fertilised by two different spermatozoa

I don't know the English word... it should be "sequizigotic", but I'm not sure.

Reactions: Ilhares

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Yeap Monozygotic twins (of different genders) appear to be possible, although extremely rare.
Think thats wrong.... Hetero = different (like when you are hetero you will be attracted to the other sex), mono (single) would imply same gender.... might be homozygotic btw.. uh... i dunno know lol.... think the zygotic mainly refers to the gender part.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
'zygotic' refers to the egg.
The 2 terms are:
dizygotic - meaning 2 eggs (fraternal twins)
monozygotic - meaning 1 egg ('Identical' twins.)

BTW, you were wrong a few posts back.
'Identical' twins are not *always* same gender. It's rare, but there are male/female monozygotic twins.

LoDoN-

Sep 3, 2017
Think thats wrong.... Hetero = different (like when you are hetero you will be attracted to the other sex), mono (single) would imply same gender.... might be homozygotic btw.. uh... i dunno know lol.... think the zygotic mainly refers to the gender part.
I think in my shortness I misrepresented my information. Monozygotic (one egg) twins mean they come from the same egg, hence they are also called homozygotic (same egg) or identical twins. I was merely representing the fact that I found a reporting presenting the possibility of homozygotic twins with different genders, which to me up to that point should be impossible, after all, one egg, one sperm right? Apparently not. A zygote is the result of Sperm fecundation of the Ovule. Both (Sperm and Ovule) are gametes.

Latin terms:
Mono = One
Homo = Same
Hetero = different
Di - Two
Zygote = Fertilized egg
Ovule = Female gamete
Gamete = reprodutive cell

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I think in my shortness I misrepresented my information. Monozygotic (one egg) twins mean they come from the same egg, hence they are also called homozygotic (same egg) or identical twins. I was merely representing the fact that I found a reporting presenting the possibility of homozygotic twins with different genders, which to me up to that point should be impossible, after all, one egg, one sperm right? Apparently not. A zygote is the result of Sperm fecundation of the Ovule. Both (Sperm and Ovule) are gametes.
Puzzling enough to google that lol :)

In very rare cases, identical twins can be different sexes. These twins begin as identical male twins. Like all males, they both have XY sex chromosomes, instead of XX like all females do. Very soon after the egg splits in two, a genetic mutation causes one twin to lose its Y sex chromosome, changing it to X0.

Ah well..... still puzzling :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoDoN-

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Who would say the with VIP pass we were going to meet at a monster festival
View attachment 1224655 View attachment 1224664

EDIT
So much that I wanted to see Nicole and DPC comes to show us those homunculus
Hey, at least DPC used the madam , or maybe even punishes those who voted for the shitty, what was it, ah Yes " Groping and, tits sucking " . and something other lames shit , for the lewd scene poll. :ROFLMAO:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Hey, at least DPC used the madam , or maybe even punishes those who voted for the shitty, what was it, ah Yes " Groping and, tits sucking " . and something other lames shit , for the lewd scene poll. :ROFLMAO:
I hope DPC won't do that poll again because if I see the MC again with his monkey face sucking on any girl's tit, I swear I'll throw the PC out the window

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes