`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
you did not understand what I wanted to say

Mc already knows why Maya needs the free tuition, that's the personal and confidential part of the matter. and Maya trusts him enough to share with him her plan
The details of the loan are a personal matter? That need this proven trust?
My Bad, I didn't understand your point but now I understand. I agree with you on that. The details aren't personal. (y)

Marley300

Jan 29, 2020
M&J both loose in a sense they're less popular but

Seducing Josy is defnitly one of the hottest moments . and when she goes home with
MC after hot party is one of most romantic (cute) moment .

Hangout - movies with Maya is also one of cutest moments

seducing Josy still feels like cheating on Maya and vice versa .

edit :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

They've been together for a while but other stories overshadows theirs and we get very little from them
(it was mainly the loan drama and patrick )

So yes Josy is better without Maya and Maya is better without Josy.
They do have their moments though .

but maybe just maybe they'll surprise us all and do something awesome in ch8
if not M&J going to get boring .and the open relationship with MC isnt helping .
Maya and Josy both have great moments indeed. It all depend on what you prefer ! Maya is sweeter and Josy is spicier. ;)
I still want that throuple to thrive, I want them both ! I make sure that they get both amount of time and lewd scenes in my playthrough. I love my throuple like I love my Mexican food: Sweet and spicy. ;)
But if some want solo routes, well then go get ’em !
And if you're not on the MJ, I don't want them to break up... It would be a shame after all that drama just to end up like this... And mainly because I don't want that asshole Patrick to win...

By the way I only now realise that you are 9xr-s69 :ROFLMAO:You ditch the Lana Pic for a "Pink Royce" pun Nice !

Last edited:

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
at least personally it's not a question of wrong choice, but I'm puzzled by the case of an MC fully involved with Quinn who won't know anything about the stlaker just because without a $ at the preps party...

in my head the story of Quinn, the drugs and Riona's stalker is one story, to miss a part of it because you didn't have $ or even for once you wanted to be less horny than usual seems to me a pity, for the story itself
Well, it's either Quinn not trusting MC completely yet or doesn't want to scare him away. Or maybe she's a "strong independent woman" so she doesn't ask for help. From anyone in that case.

For Riona, well it's simple. Don't be broke :KEK: the only times I managed to zero my money was in the Pink Rose. Both of them. One, the first visit and the 2nd is on Madame Rose. Taking notes for nerds and brawler app makes you a literal money printing machine. Now we have the new app too, walking around with no money is not an excuse now :WeSmart:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, it's either Quinn not trusting MC completely yet or doesn't want to scare him away. Or maybe she's a "strong independent woman" so she doesn't ask for help. From anyone in that case.

For Riona, well it's simple. Don't be broke :KEK: the only times I managed to zero my money was in the Pink Rose. Both of them. One, the first visit and the 2nd is on Madame Rose. Taking notes for nerds and brawler app makes you a literal money printing machine. Now we have the new app too, walking around with no money is not an excuse now :WeSmart:
That's the only situation where I ran out of money, and having skipped the minigames I basically had to replay everything from the party to the pink rose and turn down Rusty's offer to have some $ with me at the end:confused:

Jan 30, 2021
No not at all, I never take these light discussions personally but I am dumbfounded by how people are trying to prove that a particular character is useless and shit who is full of problems etc again and again...it just gets on my nerves.
Maya and Josy both have great moments indeed. It all depend on what you prefer ! Maya is sweeter and Josy is spicier. ;)
I still want that throuple to thrive, I want them both ! I make sure that they get both amount of time and lewd scenes in my playthrough. I love my throuple like I love my Mexican food: Sweet and spicy. ;)
But if some want solo routes, well then go get ’em !
And if you're not on the MJ, I don't want them to break up... It would be a shame after all that drama just to end up like this... And mainly because I don't want that asshole Patrick to win...

By the way I only now realise that your 9xr-s69 :ROFLMAO:You ditch the Lana Pic for a "Pink Royce" pun Nice !
i think Josy is hotter but Maya is prettier .
Josy is wild , charismatic , party girl = puppy love (negative = jealous type )
Maya is smart , serious , loner= serious love/relationship .(negative = open realtionship is ok ? )

best way to choose is tossing a coin at this point .
i hope for something awesome in their realationship in ch8 or 9 . or we need to break them apart
so they can both get their own stories .

(never heard of 9xr-s69 ;) :ROFLMAO: - sounds like a jerk )

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
i think Josy is hotter but Maya is prettier .
Josy is wild , charismatic , party girl = puppy love (negative = jealous type )
Maya is smart , serious , loner= serious love/relationship .(negative = open realtionship is ok ? )

best way to choose is tossing a coin at this point .
i hope for something awesome in their realationship in ch8 or 9 . or we need to break them apart
so they can both get their own stories .

(never heard of 9xr-s69 ;) :ROFLMAO: - sounds like a jerk )
I already said to myself "where I had seen that combination of sig"

• Red Heart
Reactions: The Pink Royce

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
you did not understand what I wanted to say

Mc already knows why Maya needs the free tuition, that's the personal and confidential part of the matter. and Maya trusts him enough to share with him her plan
The details of the loan are a personal matter? That need this proven trust?

God willing that Maya would go to a professor and ask him how a student loan works and what involves her being a co-borrower....
We are all assuming it’s a traditional student loan. As in it has caveats on how it’s spent.

This whole loan-argument-disbelief-thing becomes easily explained if it’s just a regular loan where her father is the primary and she co-signed it.

The only unbelievable part there is that at 18 she had the credit score to be a co-signer. Which isn’t a massive issue if her father was in good standing.

If it’s a regular loan and she’s the co-signer rather than the primary he would control the cash and her credit score would still be burdened with the loan.

She can’t get another student loan, he legally controls the cash and shes at his mercy for tuition to be paid. Just like the story says.

I never had an issue with the student loan thing because I just assumed she was the co-signer not the primary and thus she had all the burden of the debt on her credit score and none of the control.

I don’t consider it a secondary reality breaking suspension of disbelief to think at 18 she had a decent credit score. Short of us actually seeing the fucking fictional loan contract this will never be settled but there’s logical and consistent consistent with the story circumstances where Maya could be in this position.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I think the biggest mistake that people make about that damn loan is that it's something DPC had planned out at the beginning of the story. I don't believe that, I think it's something that he came up with 'on the fly'. It just has that air of desperate improvisation about it and I also think that the ep7 revelation was something he threw in as an attempt to quell the criticism over the ep6 reveal. If that weak story about the loan was something that he had planned from the beginning, then that's just really sad.
Pretty sure DPC has said from the get go that he had the main plot points (and I'd say the student loan is one of them, as it's the primary device used from the very beginning to shape Maya's path) all decided before even the first release. It's the small details and "how do we get from a to b" that are continuously evolving.

Reactions: ename144

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
So I replayed the whole part of the game, to be sure.

As I tried to explain to you, it doesn't make sense, that no one knew anything until late at night.

As I replayed the chapter I noticed some things and will correct my statements now.

1. The girls didn't need to dress fancy (I just remembered Maya and Josy) they were all in HoT's uniforms (except for daughters).

2. There is no way you can deny Quinn's fault here, she was the operator behind everything, tho Sage still to blame for the omission.
My main point was that this whole radio silent thing that caused all this commotion was contrived since these people live on their phones. Notice how Josy still had her phone. And I will not back out of Elena just not talking with John-boy as even the game realizes this hole, but acknowledging doesn't change its existence.

Btw, as I replayed I noticed how red Riona's eyes always are (yes, I didn't notice before), damn girl you need to lay off the weed.
Hang on, who has ever claimed Quinn isn't at fault here? Of course she's at fault. That's a given. Quinn thought it would be better to seek forgiveness than permission, and it blew up in her face. (Note that Quinn appears to overestimate her abilities rather often.)

I thought the question was over how big a contrivance it was that none of the HOTs told the DIKs they would be partying with the preps instead of the DIKs. That's always going to be a subjective topic and I'm not telling you that you must accept the story.

But speaking for myself, I really don't see this as much of a stretch. It basically comes down to whether Elena would distrust when Quinn/Sage told her the DIKs already knew about the change of plans, and (if not) how likely it is that Elena would go 2-4 hours without mentioning this turn of events on social media (or normal conversation with John Boy).

We've never seen any indication that Elena dislike Quinn (much less distrusts her), it seems very reasonable that Elena would believe the DIKs had been told of the change in plans. Given that we don't know much about Elena, nor the day to day routine of her relationship with John Boy, I don't have a problem with the idea that she might not consider the prep party important enough to mention during that narrow window.

YMMV, of course, but I think there are far more unlikely contrivances in the story than this.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
We are all assuming it’s a traditional student loan. As in it has caveats on how it’s spent.

This whole loan-argument-disbelief-thing becomes easily explained if it’s just a regular loan where her father is the primary and she co-signed it.

The only unbelievable part there is that at 18 she had the credit score to be a co-signer. Which isn’t a massive issue if her father was in good standing.

If it’s a regular loan and she’s the co-signer rather than the primary he would control the cash and her credit score would still be burdened with the loan.

She can’t get another student loan, he legally controls the cash and shes at his mercy for tuition to be paid. Just like the story says.

I never had an issue with the student loan thing because I just assumed she was the co-signer not the primary and thus she had all the burden of the debt on her credit score and none of the control.

I don’t consider it a secondary reality breaking suspension of disbelief to think at 18 she had a decent credit score. Short of us actually seeing the fucking fictional loan contract this will never be settled but there’s logical and consistent consistent with the story circumstances where Maya could be in this position.
Maya tells us that she has never worked, how would she get this credit? her grandmother's Christmas presents?

what mainly doesn't make sense is that it's a threat to Maya's future and not mainly to her father, who is the only one who has something that the bank or the institution can take back (the house, his job, etc).

but the point is that it DOES NOT MATTER.

the father controls the money, there is nothing else to know

Jan 30, 2021
Maya tells us that she has never worked, how would she get this credit? her grandmother's Christmas presents?

what mainly doesn't make sense is that it's a threat to Maya's future and not mainly to her father, who is the only one who has something that the bank or the institution can take back (the house, his job, etc).

but the point is that it DOES NOT MATTER.

the father controls the money, there is nothing else to know
not sure how it works in USA but in europe you're kind of guaranteed to get load for education (think its the same in US) so no you dont need to have good credit .

Difference is that everything about colage is super expensive because students can get loans and schools exploit this - type of get rich quick scheme - and later millions of feminists end up in debt for going to gender studies and communications for 4 years

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
not sure how it works in USA but in europe you're kind of guaranteed to get load for education (think its the same in US) so no you dont need to have good credit .

Difference is that everything about colage is super expensive because students can get loans and schools exploit this - type of get rich quick scheme - and later millions of feminists end up in debt for going to gender studies and communications for 4 years
if it is a student loan, yes

but mindern was assuming it was a "normal" loan, so Maya would have to have some credit to present as collateral in order to sign it, normally the father would be the guarantor (with his paycheck, his house etc) and Maya the beneficiary, but in that case all the risks would be on him

Hermith

Feb 13, 2018
The Josy-Maya-mc relationship really needs to set sail in the next ep, because they really just ruin each other's routes. Someone mentioned something like this earlier and tbh even if I really like both Maya and Josy this was the first criticism that I can sincerely agree with. The drama must stop or at least it should be toned down so it can actually feel like the three of them are in a relationship.

Jan 30, 2021
if it is a student loan, yes

but mindern was assuming it was a "normal" loan, so Maya would have to have some credit to present as collateral in order to sign it, normally the father would be the guarantor (with his paycheck, his house etc) and Maya the beneficiary, but in that case all the risks would be on him
yeah i agree . it would make no sense

i really dont remember the conversation but im almost sure its a student loan .
if it wasnt maya could potentially sign for one .
(since you're guaranteed to get a student loan - and your financial status isnt important to get one)
Patrick would end up with a loan he doesnt want
and lose any control he has over Maya .

also regular loan would have most likely higher %
(not necessarily but that would be my guess)

Reactions: Zareem

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The Josy-Maya-mc relationship really needs to set sail in the next ep, because they really just ruin each other's routes. Someone mentioned something like this earlier and tbh even if I really like both Maya and Josy this was the first criticism that I can sincerely agree with. The drama must stop or at least it should be toned down so they can actually feel like the three of them are in a relationship.
totally agree

the trouple needs to have its own space, at the moment it is only represented as a sense of guilt while 2 of the 3 do something, it doesn't seem positive at all

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Definitely agree with that. It's just the way she's written. Her characterization. She simply believes what people tell her. She doesn't want people to get involved in her personal issues unless they're close to her.

Personally, I believe she's told Sage the bare minimum; Sage asked about why she wanted the free tuition, Maya gave her the breakdown of exactly what she's facing. She probably didn't give Sage any insight into her sexuality or relationships, and just mostly described the loan situation she's trapped in currently. After all, Sage was persistent enough to even visit her in her dorm and open up to her, thereby gaining some of her trust, resulting in Maya being able to explain her problem to Sage since she wanted to know after all. They might've had a discussion on possible solutions, and I'm thinking it might've involved Sage's family (not really sure since it was one sentence and it was vague). Good thing is, Maya seemed like she had a burden lifted off her shoulders after talking to Sage, so I'm glad she opened up. Now we just wait to see exactly what they discussed in future episodes.

MC on the preps' porch is a scene you get when you signal the DIKs, innit? I've seen it a good number of times, so can't really get onboard with this 'gay MC' thing.
Maya will surely have told Sage about your problems with the father. I assume so. But Sage also mentions to Maya that they are very similar. And that certainly doesn't refer to the money. Maya will have told Sage more than we all think so far. That will include the relationship with the MC and Josy.

Furthermore, I don't see Maya at the HOT's yet. Since Maya and the MC finally had sex in EP7 and Maya trusts the MC, I could imagine that the MC together with Maya can convince the father. Maybe at a Sunday dinner. Therefore, Maya (I hope it) will move to MC in DIK Mansion.

Homo MC

MC_Homo.png

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
That's the only situation where I ran out of money, and having skipped the minigames I basically had to replay everything from the party to the pink rose and turn down Rusty's offer to have some $ with me at the end:confused:
Mistake ! One doesn't reject free money. It'd disappear anyways, so I easily gave Riona my $$$$$. Right after that, I easily made $$$ anyways :WeSmart:

• Sad
Reactions: felicemastronzo
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes