mindern

Jul 7, 2017
If it were rare, I would agree with you right away. But it happens very often. And strangely, on the left side of the pupil I see a head with blond or white hair, whose hand is on a tail. On the right side of the pupil I see a person with black hair reading a blue book.
It happens in almost every picture because thats how DAZ 3D works.

holy fucking shit… I’ve been reading your stuff under the impression you knew how this all worked. Have we all collectively been confused by your posts because we assumed you know how DPC renders his stuff?

Those reflections aren’t added in by DPC. DAZ isn’t photoshop. Whilst we’re at it these aren’t hand drawn either… nor reality. They’re 3D models rendered by software.

Their eyes have reflections because that shit is a feature of whatever he’s using… be that Iray, Octane or whatever.

Eye reflections take zero effort (edit: they don’t, they take careful lighting of the scene but he’s doing that anyways) for DPC to put in. There’s a reason he needs top end PC’s and it takes forever to render his work. He sets a scene up and sets up a “camera” and any Light sources and the software “renders” the scene. Eyes can reflect whatever is infront of them. Decent models will actually reflect whats behind them too causing red eye. Skin will glow, mirrors will reflect.

Eyes having reflections in them doesn’t automatically mean DPC put them there. He doesn’t have to put anything there because the software does it for him.

Christ on a bike… so much bullshit because you assumed DPC was putting reflections in eyes by hand.

Last edited:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Is nice to have an eagle-eyed as dalli_x ,but guys... You're overthinking... Too much. You two observed some details, but start some theories which... Is not so nice. In the same logic as yours, we can think that Derek is related to John Boy because their 3dmodels looks similar... Which honestly... Is fake.
Maybe... MAYBE... DPC choose to make MC model similar to Tommy because T is the DIK of the DIKs... He is the most badass of the squad exactly as DIKs are supposed to be... And "Being a Dik" means to build your personality more similar with Tommy. Yes, you can be a CHICK... But at the end of the day, this game is BaD... Not Being a chick... Chick path is just a side path of the "main" one... Maybe...
I admit that I am in love with detail and like to put every word on the gold scale. You may even be right that I think too much about it. But I enjoy it. The game is full of puzzles and I'm curious.:rolleyes:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
It happens in almost every picture because thats how DAZ 3D works.

holy fucking shit… I’ve been reading your stuff under the impression you knew how this all worked. Have we all collectively been confused by your posts because we assumed you know how DPC renders his stuff?

Those reflections aren’t added in by DPC. DAZ isn’t photoshop. Whilst we’re at it these aren’t hand drawn either… nor reality. They’re 3D models rendered by software.

Their eyes have reflections because that shit is a feature of whatever he’s using… be that Iray, Octane or whatever.

Eye reflections take zero effort (edit: they don’t, they take careful lighting of the scene but he’s doing that anyways) for DPC to put in. There’s a reason he needs top end PC’s and it takes forever to render his work. He sets a scene up and sets up a “camera” and any Light sources and the software “renders” the scene. Eyes can reflect whatever is infront of them. Decent models will actually reflect whats behind them too causing red eye. Skin will glow, mirrors will reflect.

Eyes having reflections in them doesn’t automatically mean DPC put them there. He doesn’t have to put anything there because the software does it for him.

Christ on a bike… so much bullshit because you assumed DPC was putting reflections in eyes by hand.
Dude what do you want from me. Of course, reflections are not added. That's why it's called reflections.

The one in Bella's eye is a rendered reflection.

Original post
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-6070723
My reply
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-6071798

In the next post, which is mine, DPC added three images to the pupil. That is not reflection. That is post-processing in an image editing program and not rendered in Daz3D.
On the left side of the pupil is a head with blond or white hair, whose hand is on a tail. On the right side of the pupil I see a person with black hair and red sweater reading a blue book. Between the two images is a woman's face.
1. Render the Daz3D scene and the image is created (the bright white in the pupil is a light source)
2. Subsequent insertion of the three images. The three images are scaled from the original size to the size of the pupil. This reduces the contrast and with such a massive scaling the blur is extremely stressed. After that, the opacity of the images is reduced and then pasted.

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-6072227

You don't need to explain anything I already know. I started with 3D and image processing 26 years ago.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: mindern

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Is nice to have an eagle-eyed as dalli_x ,but guys... You're overthinking... Too much. You two observed some details, but start some theories which... Is not so nice. In the same logic as yours, we can think that Derek is related to John Boy because their 3dmodels looks similar... Which honestly... Is fake.
Maybe... MAYBE... DPC choose to make MC model similar to Tommy because T is the DIK of the DIKs... He is the most badass of the squad exactly as DIKs are supposed to be... And "Being a Dik" means to build your personality more similar with Tommy. Yes, you can be a CHICK... But at the end of the day, this game is BaD... Not Being a chick... Chick path is just a side path of the "main" one... Maybe...
I suspect that the affinity determines the gender preference of the MC.

DIK=Homo
NEUTRAL=Bisexual
CHICK=Hetero

I can hear the moaning of the thread members again. But folks this actually makes sense. We have at least one homo couple, one lesbian couple, where both are bisexual. Besides, this would be a stroke of genius if DPC created a game that anyone can play. No matter if gay, bi or straight.

The status will decide what behavior the MC will display.

DIK Status = Normal to Asshole
NEUTRAL Status = Tolerant
CHICK Status = Feminine to Crybaby

Last edited:

Kalandryl

Oct 25, 2020
Okay, after a bit of fiddling, I think I worked out a plan to fully repair the mansion and buy the windows by the end of Episode 7 while still retaining the VIP pass (though I'm skeptical Madame is worth the effort). I plan to test it tomorrow, but I figure I'll toss it out now to see if anyone else finds any bugs.

As you might expect, we're going to need to reroll for specific jobs a lot. So it's definitely not for the faint of heart. I also suspect this plan will not be the most optimal distribution of experience in the long run. Still, if my calculations are correct, it should get the job done and still leave some semi-decent options for future work afterwards. (The job assignments in Round 7 are something of an ideal, but at that point we can hopefully be more tolerant of less-than-optimal job selection.)

As always, thanks to fakitap for pulling me down this rabbit hole in the first place, and to Shuls01 for giving me a good template to start from!
says password locked when opening in excel?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

View attachment 1269595
!!!!!!!!

Okay, that is definitely not going make the next 3+ months fly by any faster! o_O Now I need something to take my mind off Maya and Josy...

Yeah, that's right. Didn't remember those previews, and now that I think about it there's the Madame stuff too.
Oh, right, Madame. She will probably be in Episode 8, too. That does dampen my enthusiasm ever so slightly. :p

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Next episode could open with everyone replaced with muppets coated in jell-o and the MC only able to speak Korean with a lisp. Theoretically that’s perfectly possible because he’s a narrator and he can lie. But nothing of value is gained by spouting off about “theoretically” possible things that are unsubstantiated.
OOOOOOHHHHHH.... could that be the initial release? Cause I would play that for the lulz and then play the straight version afterwards.

You strut about with your 125 IQ basically crowing “debate me bro” when anyone challenges you on things that cannot be disputed because they’re lacking the basic building blocks needed for worthwhile discussion.
You give him too much credit btw. 125 is above average.

GreekLord

Mar 23, 2018
Any help from my maggot brothers would be helpful in advancing the episode. It's basically only when I try to open the Rooster app in Episode 7 since new phone has been brought in. None of the errors occurred in any of the previous episodes.

error.JPG

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes