ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
With the amount of money he got from patreon and steam he could hire people to help him.
This is an another Returning "Subject". and Beside of the reason that we are selfish , and want the update as fast as we could. There is no other Benefits for him, beside that " It might fasten up the development time "- but it is not garanteed. He would have to share his money, but more importantly He will be depended on somebody else's work. there is more Risk than reward for him.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Most people: I wonder if Ep 8 will be out for Halloween.

Me: Finally gonna find out if my girl Riona is getting a romance path or getting shanked by her stalker.

If you choose to look out for Riona, the MC will eventually confront her stalker. If your fighting skills aren't what they should be, then the MC will be the one to get shanked and end up in the hospital. And you KNOW what that means...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

magaclaawe

Mar 5, 2020
This is an another Returning "Subject". and Beside of the reason that we are selfish , and want the update as fast as we could. There is no other Benefits for him, beside that " It might fasten up the development time "- but it is not garanteed. He would have to share his money, but more importantly He will be depended on somebody else's work. there is more Risk than reward for him.
Isnt that point of people supporting him? So he could make better game in faster time? Soon there will 2 updates a year. Getting couple people to help him could speed up time for every update. Also looking at it as being depended on somebody else work is very stupid.

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
BTW, I wanted to ask...why do people here hate Madame? Bcuz her services are shit? or the cost is too high? I mean she is sexy...
Nicole was already the "mature" stripper, and DPC nailed it with her.

Her attitude, her looks, her conversation and her enamourment with the mc, were all spot on.

Loved her the minute she sighed at Derek's shit jokes (and slapped him for the "old boobs" jibe).

But the Madame, I think she's kinda gross:
  • She comes across as a has-been stripper who doesn't know when to retire.
  • Her entire facade is boring, there's no substance to her personality.
  • Her veiny ass body is off putting.
  • Her neckline looks like she's worn one-too-many pearl necklaces.
  • Her areolas are fucking massive, it just reeks of "old lady jugs".
I mean, the detail of the render is excellent, especially if you're going for that over-the-hill stripper, unengaging character, blue vein cheese, cum-stained chest, old ass tits look. Absolutely spot on! (y) .... :sick:

With the amount of money he got from patreon and steam he could hire people to help him.
Probably because the game would get fucked if he started delegating. For my longer answers, feel free to peruse the below linked ramblings:

Isnt that point of people supporting him? So he could make better game in fatster time? Soon there will 2 updates a year. Getting couple people to help him could speed up time for every update. Also looking at it as being depended on somebody else work is very stupid.
What tasks would you suggest he get others to do?
  • Write the story - not gonna happen
  • Pose the scenes - all that nuance will be gone
  • Create the renders - his PCs are doing that
I actually don't know what part of the development would be worth outsourcing. :unsure:

I guess writing the actual code, but he does that in parallel while so many renders and animations are happening anyway.

The support also pays for his other outlays, like new rendering equipment, new DAZ assets, a new mansion (I don't mean the DIK mansion, I mean the one he wants to live in).

The payment also ensures he's encouraged to keep working on this fucking game (and not abandoning it like so many others).

Of course the Patreon model is deeply flawed - actually rewarding developers who don't finish their projects (as long as they keep throwing bones to their patrons). But I don't think that's a concern with DPC, given his clout now, he could start a new project once he's finished this and he'd probably keep all his existing patrons anyway.

Last edited:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Isnt that point of people supporting him? So he could make better game in fatster time? Soon there will 2 updates a year. Getting couple people to help him could speed up time for every update. Also looking at it as being depended on somebody else work is very stupid.
Yeah so stupid :rolleyes: . If that person, start demanding more money, make threats , to not finish his part, whether its coding, animation, render etc etc . Or simply the other person just don't have time to deliver the product to deadline, or he will not make the same quality.
The product can suffer in so many way , and all Blame will be on DPC anyway.

The amount of garbage game that went to shit because people worked in team, is uncountable. and DPC also admitted he would be a horrible Boss, because everything has to be the way he wants it. :ROFLMAO:
and people support him because they like what he does , the way he does. Not because they want him to develop a company:ROFLMAO:.

magaclaawe

Mar 5, 2020
Nicole was already the "mature" stripper, and DPC nailed it with her.

Her attitude, her looks, her conversation and her enamourment with the mc, were all spot on.

Loved her the minute she sighed at Derek's shit jokes (and slapped him for the "old boobs" jibe).

But the Madame, I think she's kinda gross:
  • She comes across as a has-been stripper who doesn't know when to retire.
  • Her entire facade is boring, there's no substance to her personality.
  • Her veiny ass body is off putting.
  • Her neckline looks like she's worn one-too-many pearl necklaces.
  • Her areolas are fucking massive, it just reeks of "old lady jugs".
I mean, the detail of the render is excellent, especially if you're going for that over-the-hill stripper, unengaging character, blue vein cheese, cum-stained chest, old ass tits look. Absolutely spot on! (y) .... :sick:

Probably because the game would get fucked if he started delegating. For my longer answers, feel free to peruse the below linked ramblings:

There is no proof just an assumption that it would happen.
It's pretty obvious DPC is not a normal guy.

On his own, he's producing a very high quality game, with much larger updates (within comparable time) than any other game available through this site.

Do you know why?

Because he loves this game.

This game is his baby.

And he's making sure he does everything 100% the way he wants it.

Why would he want to bring someone else into the mix?

I don't want him to. His current approach is working. Why fuck with it? Are there any other games on this site that are excellent and produce more frequent updates anywhere near the size of this game?

Absolutely not.

Lets compare this game to some others sitting at the top as far as rating is concerned:

What a Legend: The updates are tiny in comparison. Like less than an hour's worth of game play and far from satisfying.
Once in a Lifetime: Took about two years to complete and is about as long as BaDIK ep7.
City of Broken Dreams: Updates at about the same rate as BaDIK but tiny updates in comparison. Typically less than 1 hour's game play.
Pale Carnations: Months between updates (not entirely sure how many) and way smaller than BaDIK.
Leap of Faith: I'm struggling with this one. The episodes come months apart and it feels like fuck all happens in them, I can't even bring myself to bother with the latest episode so I'm probably not qualified to comment here.

There are plenty of other games that are probably worthy of comparison, but I haven't played them.

The bottom line is, this game isn't taking all that much longer between episodes than many other games here, but what is being delivered absolutely blows the other games away. I'm not saying it's better than these other games, that's subjective, but the quantity and quality combined leaves every other game here for dead.

The only reason to consider employing more people is because we can't wait. How is that affecting DPC? It doesn't.
"Are there any other games on this site that are excellent and produce more frequent updates anywhere near the size of this game? "
Yes there are. Biggest example is Fashion Business. Updates are about the same size like of Badik(sometimes even bigger) and are done in a much faster time. Or Treasure of Nadia where each update is small-ish but releasing every 2 weeks.

Be careful what you wish for.

This game is a labor of love.

Once he starts employing other people, he’ll have a whole new ball game of drama to deal with, and it won’t be in game:
  • Paying wages,
  • Dealing with employee issues (like staff who whine when they don’t want to work 12+ hours a day seven days a week),
  • Sexual harassment cases when he starts blurring the lines between the in game and office behaviour.
Eventually the game will become a chore, quality will slip and before it’s complete he’ll throw in the towel, or even worse, sell the IP to Icstor.

No, count your blessings. I don’t care how big any other AVN team on this site is, none of them are delivering the quantity and quality of DPC in the same time span or faster.
What you are talking about problems are not really problems and can be very easily solved.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
If you choose to look out for Riona, the MC will eventually confront her stalker. If your fighting skills aren't what they should be, then the MC will be the one to get shanked and end up in the hospital. And you KNOW what that means...

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
"Are there any other games on this site that are excellent and produce more frequent updates anywhere near the size of this game? "
Yes there are. Biggest example is Fashion Business. Updates are about the same size like of Badik(sometimes even bigger) and are done in a much faster time. Or Treasure of Nadia where each update is small-ish but releasing every 2 weeks.
You successfully picked the two worst example, gratulation :ROFLMAO: . Neither in quality nor in content, they are even remotely close to Badik.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
There is no proof just an assumption that it would happen.

What you are talking about problems are not really problems and can be very easily solved.
I can tell you, from personal experience, projects I work on always end up better when I do them myself rather than when my teams works with me on them. We end up spending significantly more man hours on the job as a team because no one else that I work with pays attention to the same level of detail that I do and things need to be reworked, often scrapped and done again.

It would take DPC a very long time to find the perfect team that understands his vision and delivers to his standards.

Like I asked earlier, what part of the game would you suggest he outsources?

magaclaawe

Mar 5, 2020
You successfully picked the two worst example, gratulation :ROFLMAO: . Neither in quality nor in content, they are even remotely close to Badik.
What do you mean by that? Just because you dont like them doesn't mean they are bad games and most people would agree. Just look at NLT who has around the same number of patreons like drpinkcake.
I can tell you, from personal experience, projects I work on always end up better when I do them myself rather than when my teams works with me on them. We end up spending significantly more man hours on the job as a team because no one else that I work with pays attention to the same level of detail that I do and things need to be reworked, often scrapped and done again.

It would take DPC a very long time to find the perfect team that understands his vision and delivers to his standards.

Like I asked earlier, what part of the game would you suggest he outsources?
I get what you are saying but its about finding the right people for the job or teach them what they are doing wrong. Sure from the start it would slow down development of badik but in the long run it would be a massive improvement.
Drpinkcake is very good at writting(sometimes getting to dark) so he could outsource codding, rendering and animating.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Koniar and shazba

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Isnt that point of people supporting him? So he could make better game in faster time? Soon there will 2 updates a year. Getting couple people to help him could speed up time for every update. Also looking at it as being depended on somebody else work is very stupid.
If you are mass producing something, than yea more manpower usually equals a faster turnover, but its very hard to apply that same logic to something that involves art and creativity.

You first have to assess where the bottleneck is, then you have to access if more manpower will fix it and since none of us have that information, you gotta trust DPC did the math and it just didnt make any sense to outsource some of the tasks needed to build the episodes like he wants them to be.

I have been thinking about it too and its not as easy as one would think. Coding/writing ? Its probably even faster doing it himself than writing it down/explaining it to someone, having to go through X revisions and delegate/oversee the whole process.

He has rigs for rendering, now that might be a bottleneck where he could save some time, but that would just be buying more rigs and not an issue of manpower.

Creating the animations ? Well same situation as with coding/writing, except its probably even more time consuming and harder to explain to someone exactly what you want.

Its easy to just ask for more manpower but it first has to make sense too and actually fullfill the purpose of speeding up the creation process, otherwise whats the point ?

Dynamite20

Jun 9, 2021
I think that if he could hire people for the minor parts of the game lets say for example the mini games code and freeroams and why not hire people for the sex animations I dont think that it will damage his game this way
I dont want this game to become bad but I dont see the reason why not hire some people to speed up the procces game companies do this and even comic artist let other people help in their works

Reactions: magaclaawe

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
What do you mean by that? Just because you dont like them doesn't mean they are bad games and most people would agree. Just look at NLT who has around the same number of patreons like drpinkcake.

I get what you are saying but its about finding the right people for the job or teach them what they are doing wrong. Sure from the start it would slow down development of badik but in the long run it would be a massive improvement.
Drpinkcake is very good at writting(sometimes getting to dark) so he could outsource codding, rendering and animating.
I don't see any incentive for him to outsource.
  • Given the quality and quantity of the releases, having the readers know he did all the work (other than those shit drawings he commissioned for Jacob's art) gives him a high level of prestige.
  • He gets to keep all the earning for himself. If he starts having to pay full-time wages for assistants, it could cost him anywhere between 50K to 100K a year (per person). People speculate that he's earning 50K a month from Patreon, but I'd wager it's less than that. The bulk (like probably more than half) of his subscribers would be on the lower tiers for sure.
  • If he isn't intending to create another game after this (he might want to retire on his earnings), if it takes longer, he earns more money (due to the Patreon flawed model).
  • It's a headache trying to find the right person for the job. Why go through that when there's no incentive?
Like I've said before, the only reason for him to go through all of that is so we get the game faster. How does that benefit him? I don't think it does.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020

Outshourcshed graphicsh.png

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I don't say they are bad games, each their own:cool:. I just said you used two of the worst example. :)
I tried both, and I won't hide that Fashion Business, I absolutely don't like , and the only good thing about it is the render of Monica.

But putting aside the personal feelings. Fashion Business is a SandBox game, each update, 3-4 month is focusing on one specific element. Remind me how long people waiting for the Continuation of Marcus storyline in ? 8-9 month? oh, right it was Ep. 2 v0.13 - version. Hmm, that was 2020 summer, A year ago.:unsure:

The renders and the animations numbers nowhere near close to what DPC is provided , not to mention the quality of the animation. and just because the size of the game is the same, in gigabytes, does not mean it has the same amount of content.

and Nadia give you every two week a 3-8% update. This usually contain, collecting medals, wich give you the actual gameplay time. A Nadia update, takes you about 15-20 minute to finish. But mostly becasue you walking around doing annoying mini games.
If you wait 5-6 month, you may have the same amount of content as DPC's one single episode, so you have to wait for the same amount of time.

Nadia is the definition of the " Milking the Patreon money ". DPC could easily do the same things. Think of Episode 4. There is Three different starting point, He could have released each of them separately.

First he release, the Derek path, that lead us until the beginning of the Tennis date with Jill.
2 month later, He does the same with Sage, and then after another 2 month , the Bella path. and finally another 2 month and he release the final part from Jill tennis date until the end of game.

We would have to wait for the same time for a complete episode, in fact we would be in worst position, we would be not waiting for Episode 8, but Episode 5 .

so all in all, these two game, while updating a little bit more frequently, to have the same amount of content that DPC single episode contain, - " Not to Mention the quality " - You do have to wait, 5-6 month or even more.

And they Work alone right ? , I mean if they work in team, they are actually worse than DPC, just saying:cautious:

Last edited:

magaclaawe

Mar 5, 2020
I don't say they are bad games, each their own:cool:. I just said you used two of the worst example. :)
I tried both, and I won't hide that Fashion Business, I absolutely don't like , and the only good thing about it is the render of Monica.

But putting aside the personal feelings. Fashion Business is a SandBox game, each update, 3-4 month is focusing on one specific element. Remind me how long people waiting for the Continuation of Marcus storyline in ? 8-9 month? oh, right it was Ep. 2 v0.13 - version. Hmm, that was 2020 summer, A year ago.:unsure:

The renders and the animations numbers nowhere near close to what DPC is provided , not to mention the quality of the animation. and just because the size of the game is the same, in gigabytes, does not mean it has the same amount of content.

and Nadia give you every two week a 3-8% update. This usually contain, collecting medals, wich give you the actual gameplay time. A Nadia update, takes you about 15-20 minute to finish. But mostly becasue you walking around doing annoying mini games.
If you wait 5-6 month, you may have the same amount of content as DPC's one single episode, so you have to wait for the same amount of time.

Nadia is the definition of the " Milking the Patreon money ". DPC could easily do the same things. Think of Episode 4. There is Three different starting point, He could have released each of them separately.

First he release, the Derek path, that lead us until the beginning of the Tennis date with Jill.
2 month later, He does the same with Sage, and then after another 2 month , the Bella path. and finally another 2 month and he release the final part from Jill tennis date until the end of game.

We would have to wait for the same time for a complete episode, in fact we would be in worst position, we would be not waiting for Episode 8, but Episode 5 .

so all in all, these two game, while updating a little bit more frequently, to have the same amount of content that DPC single episode contain, - " Not to Mention the quality " - You do have to wait, 5-6 month or even more.

And they Work alone right ? , I mean if they work in team, they are actually worse than DPC, just saying:cautious:
Its clear that didnt play update of treasure of nadia because 15-20 minutes is not even close. Each update is around 40 minutes of gameplay. Most of it is not even the mini games but sex and dialogue. If we could compare all the updates of ToN to one update of badik made in the time. Ton would dwarf badik.
You were also wrong about Fashion Business while i agree that animations are not great and sometimes even bad but the renders are amazing. Not to mention the its much bigger. While badik is 17337 render Fashion Business is 26 300 renders and that is only the first 2 episodes. Not to mention the 1225 animations.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes