Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I don't think that matches though - Sage isn't clearly defined as DIK or CHIK either way. The initial first impression does not make her a DIK favored character. The only outright DIK character that maintains that from the get go is Quinn. Sage quickly shows up as being someone who responds AND dislikes DIK/CHIK actions. I'd say she's probably the most Neutral route favoring girl in the game at this point.
Have you looked at DPC's official walkthrough? Sage is the only clearly defined DIK-side LI (unless Quinn is prompted to main LI status). How else do you explain points being awarded only for DIK actions and dialogue choices being grayed out for Huge and Massive DIK actions in season 1 for Sage? DPC all but DIK-slaps you in the face with Sage being clearly defined both in the walkthrough and during in game moments such as the episode end recaps.

If your contention is that Sage isn't clearly defined as DIK or CHICK then by that logic Jill isn't clearly defined as DIK or CHICK either and we all know that isn't true.

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Have you looked at DPC's official walkthrough? Sage is the only clearly defined DIK-side LI (unless Quinn is prompted to main LI status). How else do you explain points being awarded only for DIK actions and dialogue choices being grayed out for Huge and Massive DIK actions in season 1 for Sage? DPC all but DIK-slaps you in the face with Sage being clearly defined both in the walkthrough and during in game moments such as the episode end recaps.

If your contention is that Sage isn't clearly defined as DIK or CHICK then by that logic Jill isn't clearly defined as DIK or CHICK either and we all know that isn't true.
I do see what you're referencing - like the early Massive DIK response where you check out her g-string. But there are points in the story where taking an empathetic approach nets you +RP with Sage that is opposite of the DIK choices.

I do think she's leaning more to the "confident" male personality that DIK exudes but I think saying she's a major DIK aligned option is doing her a disservice and further I don't think she drastically alters her personality either during the game as much as she just realizes how shitty her current relationship is due to interactions with your character. It feels pretty organic and doesn't really fall into the 180 territory.

If anything she's the only character I feel that actually lets you be CHIK, DIK or Neutral and still get to enjoy pretty much the majority of her content whereas all the rest are locked out/lose large chunks of content if you slide one way or another.

Edit: In fairness to your points though, I think she is also the only character that stays fully "unlocked" alongside Quinn if you opt to be Mega DIK too haha :D

Last edited:

BackwardsBird

Dec 8, 2020
Also on the concept of whether Sage was always intended to be a DIK-exclusive LI, I'm a bit skeptical. Take this with a grain of salt because I can't read DPC's mind, but there's probably a reason for Chick having more exclusive love interests. You pass up a LOT of casual sex going for Chick, in exchange for meaningful relationships with a few characters. Whereas as a DIK you're doing the opposite. You want to bang as many women as possible, whether that forms meaningful attachments or not.

As of now, Bella , Jill, Maya and Josy are impossible on a DIK route. Sage is available, and Quinn is the only exclusive LI for DIK. Basically, DIKs want a lot of sex. Chicks want not as much sex, but also meaning behind those relationships. One of the themes of the game is to follow what your heart wants and be who you want to be, but that comes with both gains and losses. The DIK and Chick paths aren't symmetrical. They both have their ups and downs, and I think that's okay.

Heck, if DPC ever grants my wish that Riona becomes a LI, she's probably not going to be DIK-exclusive, either. That girl needs genuine affection, a date somewhere outside of campus, actual romance. Maybe then she'll finally get to orgasm :LUL:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I do see what you're referencing - like the early Massive DIK response where you check out her g-string. But there are points in the story where taking an empathetic approach nets you +RP with Sage that is opposite of the DIK choices.

I do think she's leaning more to the "confident" male personality that DIK exudes but I think saying she's a major DIK aligned option is doing her a disservice and further I don't think she drastically alters her personality either during the game as much as she just realizes how shitty her current relationship is due to interactions with your character. It feels pretty organic and doesn't really fall into the 180 territory.

If anything she's the only character I feel that actually lets you be CHIK, DIK or Neutral and still get to enjoy pretty much the majority of her content whereas all the rest are locked out/lose large chunks of content if you slide one way or another.
An empathic +RP can be explained as MC taking notice in Sage, something Chad has failed to do. She is thinking of herself here more than of others. Self-centered people like it when you pay attention to them.

I disagree more on this next point. Season 1 Sage is as full DIK as you can get. Compare Sage's actions (and what she prefers from MC) in the early episodes to ep. 6 and especially ep. 7 Sage. Everything she does with Maya is as CHICK as you can get. It's something I would expect of Jill.

Again, I like some character arc but the idea of having 5 CHICK-side LIs by game end is boring. I would be fine with Sage's transition if DPC promoted Quinn to main LI. My problem is I come from the KOTOR/Mass Effect school of gaming where I can be Sith/Renegade and still have a somewhat satisfying ending and bad girls to play with along the way. DPC clearly isn't going to give us that, but at least I can enjoy the journey.

Pennel

Jun 4, 2017
Almost Every Episode lasts up to 6 hours approximately if Played at a normal speed and without skipping anything, for just one route. DPC was able to play about 1.5 hours which means 25% of the EP or a route...I guess it is Ep

I don't know anything :p So I summon the Big Table and the Charts.
Well it's 1.5 hours until there is a gap in the art, implying that there is art made for after said gap. So there is more than that 1.5 hours of content done, it's just there is a big 1.5 hour chunk at the start that is done.

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
An empathic +RP can be explained as MC taking notice in Sage, something Chad has failed to do. She is thinking of herself here more than of others. Self-centered people like it when you pay attention to them.

I disagree more on this next point. Season 1 Sage is as full DIK as you can get. Compare Sage's actions (and what she prefers from MC) in the early episodes to ep. 6 and especially ep. 7 Sage. Everything she does with Maya is as CHICK as you can get. It's something I would expect of Jill.

Again, I like some character arc but the idea of having 5 CHICK-side LIs by game end is boring. I would be fine with Sage's transition if DPC promoted Quinn to main LI. My problem is I come from the KOTOR/Mass Effect school of gaming where I can be Sith/Renegade and still have a somewhat satisfying ending and bad girls to play with along the way. DPC clearly isn't going to give us that, but at least I can enjoy the journey.
Well if anything I think you raise a point where there probably should be at least another DIK-option. But I still don't think Sage shifts in a way that's detrimental and you can still pretty much get all her content from EP1 and on just being a CHIK if you prefer. While it's fair to say you get some extra spicy comments if you employ DIK commentary, she's still open to you no matter your alignment. This is why I don't feel like she should be put as "DIK first but changes to be CHIK".

Her being confident and aggressive about what she wants but also showing empathy for the girls under her charge, especially with how much Quinn is fucking up puts her as a good leader who cares, which does not have to be DIK only to have merit and value.

Hell we even see Tommy who I'd say is ultra DIK level show moments of clarity and realization - the game is telling a story about college life and I think fitting everyone into these "DIK only" or "CHIK only" boxes would hurt more than help.

Quinn fits into your DIK only category - you lose most of her content if you are not actively pushing the DIK responses and momentum. You may lose a point or two with Sage by being a CHIK but you are still able to completely enjoy all of her route no matter the alignment which is why I don't agree with the "She's a DIK that goes CHIK later" when that's not even the case in EP1 alone.

But I do think you raise a good point that at least one other heavy DIK favoring relationship outside of Quinn would have been nice since ultimately we are definitely CHIK heavy haha.

Reactions: ename144

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017

Bro, I think you put to much stock in rp and allingment, I think Sage is just reacting to what happens, and imo in a very believeable way too.

She is confident at the start and likes confidence in her men, but you have to consider what happens next. She gets cheated on first, then dumped, then sick but your old Sage is already slowly coming back to the way she was. When she dresses Quinn down in the shower she is confident again, when she approaches MC at the HOT party she is beeing clear about what she wants - cock.

Dont be sad about losing "old" Sage yet, I think she is about to make a comeback soon :D

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

I'm with the others in this one, I don't See change in Sage, it's not like you had to follow a specific path and choices until episode 7 , and then suddenly everything changed.
I think what you feel is similar to what Bella did, just in a negative way. She prejudged Sage based on superficiality, but She learned more about her, and She is much more. Sage should be the standard for all Main love interest.

But to touch the subject you talking about, Status and Affinity are not the same. Status is the superficiality static, as we learn the Affinity is what matters. And so Far only 3 love interest Shown that they might be aligned with a specific Affinity. Maya, Bella, Jill, Sage so far did not show a concrete alignment.
There for saying she changed is not really true. In my opinion. We just learned more about her, and see beyond the shallowness.

A Change would be like Maya who you can't be with Dik affinity, but once you enter in her relationship, you would gain additional sex scene with Dik affinity with her, That would feel a bit wierd. :unsure:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Bro, I think you put to much stock in rp and allingment, I think Sage is just reacting to what happens, and imo in a very believeable way too.

She is confident at the start and likes confidence in her men, but you have to consider what happens next. She gets cheated on first, then dumped, then sick but your old Sage is already slowly coming back to the way she was. When she dresses Quinn down in the shower she is confident again, when she approaches MC at the HOT party she is beeing clear about what she wants - cock.

Dont be sad about losing "old" Sage yet, I think she is about to make a comeback soon :D
I don't know mate, I think Season 1 Sage is gone forever after what I saw in ep. 7. I think DPC did originally have the KOTOR/Mass Effect light side/dark side in mind when he created DIK/CHICK, but as the story went along he came to the conclusion that he didn't need it that much. He even says he doesn't want players RP fishing (as you said). DPC probably figures the DIK/CHICK stuff has already served its purpose since by ep. 7 most people are either locked in to one side or close to it. You really have to be dedicated with your meta to maintain a true neutral playthrough.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I came from the same background, and I ' m afraid that This is exactly what he gonna give us, and it is Shit. Imagen if you a Renegade Shepard, and You can't Fuck Liara, or Tali. :ROFLMAO:.

• Wow
Reactions: Darg

Lewdpussydick

Jul 1, 2019
So Quinn is a confirmed antagonist? Her plot affects the main plot? :unsure::ROFLMAO:
DPC said in his Q&A.
Hots, prostitution, drugs, free tuition, ruining maya & josy, Chad's blackmail, Cathy's clucks

What does Jill have other than being a royce and a royal virgin who couldn't get laid:HideThePain:

Reactions: `Ray`

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I don't know mate, I think Season 1 Sage is gone forever after what I saw in ep. 7. I think DPC did originally have the KOTOR/Mass Effect light side/dark side in mind when he created DIK/CHICK, but as the story went along he came to the conclusion that he didn't need it that much. He even says he doesn't want players RP fishing (as you said). DPC probably figures the DIK/CHICK stuff has already served its purpose since by ep. 7 most people are either locked in to one side or close to it. You really have to be dedicated with your meta to maintain a true neutral playthrough.
I hope you right, but I think it's too late. :ROFLMAO:.

Lewdpussydick

Jul 1, 2019
-You're bringing up things unrelated to my main point. And two things can be true at once. Sure Sage can be with Chad (and his muscular physique as you oddly reference :oops: ) for prestige, but I'm talking about Sage liking when MC (specifically) acts in a masculine DIKish manner.

-Sage enjoying control during sex only shows her DIK tendencies even more. She will take a bedroom submissive MC because she just wants some action and to feel wanted sexually, but if the MC acts aggressive in or out of bed, she definitely likes it more. In other words, she is DIK side and prefers her mates to be DIK side.

-I'm having a hard time translating what you are saying. I think you are asking why Sage is moving away from DIK behaviour. Well that is exactly my point good sir! Early on she is pure DIK and by the end of ep. 7 she is acting full if not massive CHICK. That's my entire point. Sage has transitioned from early DIK (she acts DIK and rewards a DIK MC), to now CHICK at ep. 7 end.

I want DPC to leave us at least one pure DIK LI. I'd prefer he doesn't have everyone do a 180 to achieve this, but we will see.
Others have pointed out it thoroughly. Read Shaba's post than mine and you will have your answers.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I came from the same background, and I ' m afraid that This is exactly what he gonna give us, and it is Shit. Imagen if you a Renegade Shepard, and You can't Fuck Liara, or Tali. :ROFLMAO:.
Man renegade Shep, good memories! That's how I try to play BaDIK with MC, but I must remember this is college campus in CA? USA and not adventure time in the Milky Way. :cry: (Whoa, poet and I didn't know it) Still, BaDIK is one of the best if not the best AVNs right now. At the very least I can still act like an evil character in BaDIK even if I get punished for it whereas in ME I get rewarded with a funny cut scene.

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
''When life gives you lemons, buy a GoldeX...$10''

I am pretty sure that everyone misunderstood what Tyballs was trying to say here...

Tyballs was talking about how blessed he was that Life gave him lemons
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: dalli_x

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I hear ya, but in my head, and I obviously have no proof whatsoever, "renegade" sage will make an appearance later on, now it might not be Episode 8,9 or 10 - but I dont see Sage like a girl that would back down from a fight.

Her "adversary" right now is Jill, but I dont see Jill standing up to her, so I think it will be tied in with Sage discovering what Quinn has been doing behind her back all this time. I know Quinn isnt a LI as of yet, but I think DPC gravitates more and more towards her. Maybe once MC has fully broken through Quinns armor and there is the possibility of a relationship looming, we could have an epic Sage vs Quinn showdown and man would I want tickets to watch that fight :D

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes