Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
And based on the results, I prefer it that way, too.
Yes, I've got no problem with DPC working solo. He does good work being in full control. I was just hoping that after his upgrades we would get either faster releases or more time per episode spent on story progression. DPC had faster updates in season 1 with lesser equipment so I know he is capable of it, I just think he really enjoys working on filler content for whatever reason.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
I don't think DPC specifically would benefit with a team, the potential for something leaving him dissatisfied is too much.
DPC: "Nah that 69 isn't quite how I imagined that 69 sex scene animated... I wanted more 69" :KEK:
Like cmon man there are clear areas where he would benefit from outside help. DPC could do all the writing himself/other important creative decisions but there are other things like setting up scenes, sex scenes or coding that would really speed things up if delegated to other people.
It's not a question of greed.
I would've agreed with you beforehand but the way he acts towards $40 Patreons etc even if he just suspects them of leaking something makes me question that assumption. Some of the stories on here have been making him look bad

Jul 12, 2021
DPC: "Nah that 69 isn't quite how I imagined that 69 sex scene animated... I wanted more 69" :KEK:
Like cmon man there are clear areas where he would benefit from outside help. DPC could do all the writing himself/other important creative decisions but there are other things like setting up scenes, sex scenes or coding that would really speed things up if delegated to other people.
Lol hey man I don't disagree, and if it were me I'd probably do the same but I just know I'd be really anal about all the details that others worked on lol. Some people just want things exactly like they imagined and going back and forth, giving feedback, redoing scenes only adds to the wait time.
Ideally, it would work but from all the Patreon updates of DPC I've followed, he doesn't seem to work that way. I hope we see some changes during S3 though.
Also think the more a game branches, it's inevitable it takes longer. We always start with a small cast and then more characters join in, plotlines start diverging even tho BaDIK keeps the central elements of the story common to a very impressive degree, diff dialogs based on diff choices you've made upto that point. I guess all games suffer from this, COBD has had like 1 update since November I believe and I barely got to see my fave girl at all the last 2 chapters.

I thought we can't mention that game in this game's thread. Or was it the other way around? :ROFLMAO:
Oof I just saw the OP of that thread lmao, apparently mentioning BaDIK gets you banned :WaitWhat:

Apr 29, 2017
As he explained, the development is delayed due to the new environment design. As I said, there will be a large free room in the gym for which you need to draw rooms, heroes and think about navigation.
Not sure how much substance there is to this, but another point is I believe he has received some feedback regarding the free roams being too confusing to navigate. So, he could also be trying to implement a system to alleviate that as well in time for the final episode of the season coming out. Hopefully, if this is the case, it'll streamline navigating free roam for the entire game. But, like I said, I am not sure how much, if at all, truth there is regarding this!

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
COBD has had like 1 update since November I believe and I barely got to see my fave girl at all the last 2 chapters.
Yeah I played all of "Book 1" on steam last December thought maybe there would be a few more chapters out by December 2021 but only one new chapter has released since then :KEK: at least DPC isn't quite that bad on time between episodes yet...

• Haha
Reactions: Anomander Cake

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
And based on the results, I prefer it that way, too.
to say this, shouldn't we see what the result would be if he had collaborators?
then actually he has already opened up to external collaborators (the author of the 2d renderings), did you perceive a drop in quality?

otherwise it's an act of faith

Reactions: SomboSteel

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Some of this comment gave me the impression that some folks simply want a spacebar smash game :ROFLMAO:

" Oh just allow me to smash the space bar, so I can finish the game in 10 minute, and i can put out my review Good renders, decent animations, Mini games are too hard, I lost during free roaming, I can't unlock every fuck scene immediately, he should give as a save that unlock every scene right from the beginning of each update, and he should hire peoples so he could post update every 2 month, that i can finish in 10 minute, so I could complain about how short it is. 3 out of 10"
:ROFLMAO:

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
I thought we can't mention that game in this game's thread. Or was it the other way around? :ROFLMAO:
Oof I just saw the OP of that thread lmao, apparently mentioning BaDIK gets you banned :WaitWhat:

Don't mention it.png

to say this, shouldn't we see what the result would be if he had collaborators?
then actually he has already opened up to external collaborators (the author of the 2d renderings), did you perceive a drop in quality?

otherwise it's an act of faith

You want my commentary on the 2D art?

Already did it once.png

Here you go:

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-6237690

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-6237954

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
OK, and I agree

but have some renders made by someone else worsened the quality of BADIK?

it's not true that DPC doesn't accept to collaborate with others, it has already done so. has he regretted it? maybe, but we don't know.

Reactions: SomboSteel

n0cn1l

Incest it's all relative
Donor
Dec 25, 2017
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
OK, and I agree

but have some renders made by someone else worsened the quality of BADIK?

it's not true that DPC doesn't accept to collaborate with others, it has already done so. has he regretted it? maybe, but we don't know.
He has accepted collaboration on something he cannot do. DPC can't draw, the reason he uses DAZ models. He can't complain because he cannot do better, if he could... he would fingerbang your cat, rape your dog and kill your parents in your sleep. If that would worssened the quality we don't know but it would be more stressful and time consuming for everyone involved

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He has accepted collaboration on something he cannot do. DPC can't draw, the reason he uses DAZ models. He can't complain because he cannot do better, if he could... he would fingerbang your cat, rape your dog and kill your parents in your sleep. If that would worssened the quality we don't know but it would be more stressful and time consuming for everyone involved
there is too much myth about DPC

the central point of DPC's resistance to having collaborators, in his own words, was the dependence on timing and punctuality in delivering his work. he had to face this problem with the 2D renders, even if he had already had all the renders sent to him he had to trust him.

once he accepted this risk, what this collaborator does changes little. there are certainly parts of the work on BADIK that DPC would not delegate to anyone, but it seems difficult that he loves every single phase of creation to death.

we can't simultaneously worry about the fact that he works 12/14 hours a day (if true) and at the same time consider impossible the only solution with which he could have "normal" rhythms

i think that as a fan of his work we should hope so, because it's almost inevitable that he will burn out at some point (besides the selfish reason of speeding up the release of chapters, but unfortunately the patreon mechanism doesn't help with that).

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes