Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
still on track for an early October release it seems so by the 21st of October to build up the Halloween special games to play during this Halloween edition of quite a few you tubers!
Early October? I don't see how that's possible, given the workload remaining, plus the necessary two to three weeks of beta testing and bug fixing. Late October maybe.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020

Before we dive into the good stuff, here's a final reminder that I will remove the tier reward for appearing in the game's credits next month. If you are a +$30 supporter and didn't put your name on the list yet, please do so before Wednesday.

In poll news, the "Pussy licking" option won the poll and will be animated for Madame Rose in episode 8.

Episode 8 Checklist
As promised, I have made a checklist of the work I have left to complete before the episode can be released. This list is as good as I can estimate it at the moment.

I have no estimation of the total time remaining.

Neither a release date nor release month has been confirmed.

There may be some tasks that I've forgotten, but I've tried my best to list everything without spoiling content.

Please note that the list doesn't account for the work that I have already carried out.

Some of the bullet points are partially complete, whereas others may have seen no progress so far.

All in all, take the list with a grain of salt.

Writing tasks that remain:

• 1 Free roam event
  • 6 scenes of medium to long length
  • Rooster content
  • Phone chat content
  • Code for 2 mini-games
  • Code for previously on Being a DIK screens
  • Code for episode end credits and screens
  • Code for wrapping up the season (Big task, no further details at the moment)
  • Code for Gallery to replay lewd scenes
  • Code for Rewards and other collectibles
  • Code for Pack Quest
Art tasks that remain:

• Animations for 3 lewd scenes remain. Estimated animation count 60-100.
  • Possibly a few SFW (safe for work) animations.
  • Render time for those animations on top of my current animation queue of ~10 animations.
  • Static renders for 21 scenes and 1 free roam event. One scene can be equal to anything between 20-150 renders. My gut feeling tells me that ~1500-2000 renders remain, but I could be wrong as this is the hardest thing to estimate.
  • Render time for those static renders.
  • Art for the phone (Rooster, chat, etc.)
  • Creation of GUI elements for the free roam event and one mini-game.
Audio tasks that remain:

• Implementing sound effects for approximately half of the episode
  • Implementing music for approximately half of the episode, including time to find new music.
Other tasks that remain:

• Polishing the dialogue and code
  • Playtesting
  • Double-checking variables
  • Quality control of renders/animations
  • Fixing bugs that I find while testing
After I have completed all of the above, proofreading, beta testing, and bug fixing will begin.
Beta testing and proofreading will take ~2-3 weeks, depending on how well it goes.

As you can see from this, there are still ways to go before the release, but we are at the same time over the hump.

One thing I am completely sure of is that the wait will be worthwhile.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

I guess a December release?

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Updated BigTable with the recent informations.
Regarding the recent episodes, we are now into the 1 month left territory; which seems to be a too short window; we can now eliminate the optimistic scenario of the 20 weeks, I added the 26 weeks scenario which would hit late October, as the todo list and ambition are quite extended. No numbers, but it's now know from Steam and DPC to get over 3000/300.

EpisodeRendersAnimationsSizeRelease DateDevelopment Time
Episode 1130151≈1.1 GB07 Feb 2019000 days
Episode 21709 (+31%)77 (+51%)≈2.3 GB (+1.2 GB)04 May 2019087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
Episode 32289 (+34%)99 (+29%)≈4.1 GB (+1.8 GB)16 Aug 2019105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
Episode 42532 (+11%)134 (+35%)≈6.1 GB (+2.0 GB)10 Jan 2020148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
Episode 52456 (-3%)157 (+17%)≈8.0 GB (+1.9 GB)29 May 2020141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
Episode 63336 (+35%)162 (+3%)≈11.1 GB (+3.1 GB)13 Nov 2020169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
Episode 73723 (+12%)250 (+54%)≈14.5 GB (+3.4 GB)23 Apr 2021162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
Episode 82000 (≈53%)200 (≈80%)>17.0 GB (+2.5 GB)in development127 (4 months, 05 days |≈18 weeks)
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus† previous post. — Being a DIK in development since 2 years, 6 months, 21 days (30 months / 133 weeks / 939 days / 22,392 hours)

> Release Date Estimate:
Recent Average: Early October 2021 (24 weeks) — Delayed Scenario: Late October 2021 (26 weeks) — Growing Scenario: Early November 2021 (28 weeks)

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Before we dive into the good stuff, here's a final reminder that I will remove the tier reward for appearing in the game's credits next month. If you are a +$30 supporter and didn't put your name on the list yet, please do so before Wednesday.

In poll news, the "Pussy licking" option won the poll and will be animated for Madame Rose in episode 8.

Episode 8 Checklist
As promised, I have made a checklist of the work I have left to complete before the episode can be released. This list is as good as I can estimate it at the moment.

There may be some tasks that I've forgotten, but I've tried my best to list everything without spoiling content.

Please note that the list doesn't account for the work that I have already carried out.

Some of the bullet points are partially complete, whereas others may have seen no progress so far.

• 1 Free roam event
  • Rooster content
  • Phone chat content
  • Code for 2 mini-games
  • Code for Pack Quest
Art tasks that remain:

• Render time for those animations on top of my current animation queue of ~10 animations.
  • Static renders for 21 scenes and 1 free roam event. One scene can be equal to anything between 20-150 renders. My gut feeling tells me that ~1500-2000 renders remain, but I could be wrong as this is the hardest thing to estimate.
Audio tasks that remain:

• Implementing music for approximately half of the episode, including time to find new music.
Other tasks that remain:

• Playtesting
After I have completed all of the above, proofreading, beta testing, and bug fixing will begin.
Beta testing and proofreading will take ~2-3 weeks, depending on how well it goes.

As you can see from this, there are still ways to go before the release, but we are at the same time over the hump.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
We're missing a few key numbers (specifically, the current render counts), but that was still an informative dev diary for a change!:D

DPC is suggesting somewhere between 1500-200 static renders and 80-120 animations (counting the queue and SFW ones) remain. If we combine the information here with the 2000 static/200 animation milestone from a couple weeks ago, we get target numbers of 3500-4000 statics and 280-320 animations, or an average of 3750 statics and 300 animations. Obviously we're not counting any renders he's produced since then, but it's the best we can do and it's pretty consistent with our previous estimates. Chart it all up and we get something like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, we're clearly a long way from hitting those goals at the rate DPC appears to have been progressing. Given then numerous non-art tasks on the list, it seems safe to assume that rate isn't going to be increasing any time soon. With static renders likely to be the bottleneck (at least for art), I'd say we're looking at a very rough window between October 22 and November 19, though obviously there are huge error bars on that. Add the 2-3 weeks for beta testing and I don't believe an October release is in the cards any longer.

Just have to hope he's right that the wait will be worth it. There's definitely a lot to look forward to, and I am curious to see what that "season wrap up" code he mentioned is for.

always86

Mar 19, 2020

Episode 8 Checklist

• 1 Free roam event
  • Rooster content
  • Phone chat content
  • Code for 2 mini-games
  • Code for Pack Quest
Art tasks that remain:

Audio tasks that remain:

Other tasks that remain:

• Playtesting

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
I think we’ll be lucky to see it before November, that’s a huge amount of stills and animations still to do.

Might even push December.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Personally i dont see Badik without Sage, same happen with Jill. I think DPC will cover only MC´s first year in B&R.
True. If DPC were going to have this game cover 4 years college then including two late term student LIs would be an odd choice. I don't see any way for Sage and MC to end up together. A graduating woman sticking by a first year, party boy teenager? Nope. Sage will be working in the corporate world while MC is still chasing skirt, getting into fights, overseeing pranks, and generally just trying to figure out who he is. I suppose Sage could get a job in the city that is next door to B&R, but after a lady leaves school, she wants to do grown up things. And a hottie like Sage won't stay single for long. Sad but, out of sight, out of mind. :(

We're missing a few key numbers (specifically, the current render counts), but that was still an informative dev diary for a change!:D

DPC is suggesting somewhere between 1500-200 static renders and 80-120 animations (counting the queue and SFW ones) remain. If we combine the information here with the 2000 static/200 animation milestone from a couple weeks ago, we get target numbers of 3500-4000 statics and 280-320 animations, or an average of 3750 statics and 300 animations. Obviously we're not counting any renders he's produced since then, but it's the best we can do and it's pretty consistent with our previous estimates. Chart it all up and we get something like this:
As you can see, we're clearly a long way from hitting those goals at the rate DPC appears to have been progressing. Given then numerous non-art tasks on the list, it seems safe to assume that rate isn't going to be increasing any time soon. With static renders likely to be the bottleneck (at least for art), I'd say we're looking at a very rough window between October 22 and November 19, though obviously there are huge error bars on that. Add the 2-3 weeks for beta testing and I don't believe an October release is in the cards any longer.

Just have to hope he's right that the wait will be worth it. There's definitely a lot to look forward to, and I am curious to see what that "season wrap up" code he mentioned is for.
Yes, I don't see this coming out before Halloween. In fact, I'll bet it doesn't even go to Beta testers until November (early Nov if we are really lucky). Lot of filler in this episode gents, just saying.

:rolleyes: Well isn't that lovely. I have lost all faith in the patreon voters. Even if it were DPC who chose Madame as the poll girl, selecting "pussy licking" is unforgiveable. That closeup will be nightmare fuel. Now I really want to skip the VIP room. What a waste. I should have told Rusty to ditch the pass, but I was convinced I was going to get Nicole or some other worthwhile reward. This poll is just proof we are stuck with Madame for the long haul. We need to find out her schedule so we can visit when she has the day off.

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
:rolleyes: Well isn't that lovely. I have lost all faith in the patreon voters. Even if it were DPC who chose Madame as the poll girl, selecting "pussy licking" is unforgiveable. That closeup will be nightmare fuel. Now I really want to skip the VIP room. What a waste. I should have told Rusty to ditch the pass, but I was convinced I was going to get Nicole or some other worthwhile reward. This poll is just proof we are stuck with Madame for the long haul. We need to find out her schedule so we can visit when she has the day off.
I hoped that no one would participate in that poll and DPC would be left stunned to see 0 votes on that poll. Finally, he would understand the reputation of Madame among his patrons...
1384423_MR_Poll.jpg
...and would kill Madame....But :confused:

Pussy Licking Kicking for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I will pay (y)

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
True. If DPC were going to have this game cover 4 years college then including two late term student LIs would be an odd choice. I don't see any way for Sage and MC to end up together. A graduating woman sticking by a first year, party boy teenager? Nope. Sage will be working in the corporate world while MC is still chasing skirt, getting into fights, overseeing pranks, and generally just trying to figure out who he is. I suppose Sage could get a job in the city that is next door to B&R, but after a lady leaves school, she wants to do grown up things. And a hottie like Sage won't stay single for long. Sad but, out of sight, out of mind. :(
You're neglecting the possibility of post-grad studies.
*If* DPC were to extend the story to another year, and wanted to keep Sage around, it as simple as:
She's working on her PhD.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
You're neglecting the possibility of post-grad studies.
*If* DPC were to extend the story to another year, and wanted to keep Sage around, it as simple as:
She's working on her PhD.
Possibly, but Sage's dialogue sure seems to suggest that she is a woman who is preparing to leave B&R campus for good come springtime. Since the game-world time progresses at a snail's pace, I'm fine with one year only. Like I've said before, if we can make it to at least spring break and Bella teaching MC's class in next semester, I will be happy. Without some serious time skips, humans will be on Mars before we complete 4 years at B&R.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Oh Nicole where are you?! :love:
View attachment 1373553
If I wasn't already so in love with Josy and Maya, I would definitely be completely into Nicole. She is the perfect dream; Beautiful, mature, hot, intelligent, elegant, fun and a sex goddess. Damn, I need an ending where MC becomes her kids' stepfather for my no-canon playthrough (the canon will always be Josy and Maya)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Homemade and `Ray`

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Kellermann said: "I have lost all faith in the patreon voters. Even if it were DPC who chose Madame as the poll girl, selecting "pussy licking" is unforgiveable. That closeup will be nightmare fuel. Now I really want to skip the VIP room. What a waste."
[/QUOTE]
As a Patreon patron myself, I am frequently dismayed by the choices my fellow patrons make. I mean, I'm not going to criticize people's erotic tastes--we all have our kinks and preferences--but the same shit wins poll after poll. For example, every time DPC offers up lewd shots with Sally as an option, I vote for Sally. Not because I think she's the hottest girl in the game or anything, but because we haven't seen much of her yet and I like variety. But every time, Bella or Jill wins. Every time. If DPC offers a choice between white pants and black pants, I urge my fellows to vote for white, because the way these renders work, black tends to obscure shadows and shape, making a character's lower half amorphous. White pants let us see shadows, thus shape, and so look sexier. But black ALWAYS wins.

If I had any real say in DPC's game choices, when he was deciding what kind of rewards to include with the VIP pass for the strip club, I would tell him to just let each visit include a freebie with one of the strippers we already know. Madame is fine, but on top of her being a totally extraneous character, we have to pay money for any action with her? What the hell kind of VIP room is that?

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Kellermann said: "I have lost all faith in the patreon voters. Even if it were DPC who chose Madame as the poll girl, selecting "pussy licking" is unforgiveable. That closeup will be nightmare fuel. Now I really want to skip the VIP room. What a waste."
As a Patreon patron myself, I am frequently dismayed by the choices my fellow patrons make. I mean, I'm not going to criticize people's erotic tastes--we all have our kinks and preferences--but the same shit wins poll after poll. For example, every time DPC offers up lewd shots with Sally as an option, I vote for Sally. Not because I think she's the hottest girl in the game or anything, but because we haven't seen much of her yet and I like variety. But every time, Bella or Jill wins. Every time. If DPC offers a choice between white pants and black pants, I urge my fellows to vote for white, because the way these renders work, black tends to obscure shadows and shape, making a character's lower half amorphous. White pants let us see shadows, thus shape, and so look sexier. But black ALWAYS wins.

If I had any real say in DPC's game choices, when he was deciding what kind of rewards to include with the VIP pass for the strip club, I would tell him to just let each visit include a freebie with one of the strippers we already know. Madame is fine, but on top of her being a totally extraneous character, we have to pay money for any action with her? What the hell kind of VIP room is that?
You ain't wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we have a distance to go before the next episode drops..

Current tier. Subject to change at a later date of course.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020

You ain't wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we have a distance to go before the next episode drops..

Current tier. Subject to change at a later date of course.

[/QUOTE]
You really like redheads, I see. Even Jacob!

Interesting that Lynette is on your list. I guess she is a female character who gets naked in the game, so why not, right? Maybe people have already talked about this, but I found it really odd that when the MC read his mom's diary, that we saw her writing in various stages of undress. DPC might say those were flashback scenes, but I saw them as MC's imagining what his mom was doing when she was writing. My mother died when she was 40 and was beautiful, but I gotta tell ya, if I read her diary, I wouldn't ever picture her being naked while writing it, even if she wrote "I'm sitting here naked..."

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes