Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
Fap away!

That is what you meant, right?
I am a nerd, but not that much. This is was what i meant.
Blue points: Every time a chick MC had sex (Jill, Bella, Josy, Maya).
Red points: Every time a dik MC had sex (everyone else).
Black points: Every time the MC got into a fight (sparring with Sage, and bullyng Tybault included)
Half yellow points: some form of threesome.
I considered sex anything since handjobs. Dreams and Jillyng ot included.

BADIK8.png

Nov 13, 2019
I don’t remember that shit about not taking a picture because of trophies… what was that all about?

Cathy’s panties were obvious at the time, as soon as she took them off I was like, “You’re gonna leave them in the car aren’t you…”, so my proactive MC threw them in the bin before returning the car.

I don’t think there’s anyone here who appreciates DPC’s complete and utter lack of ability in navigating rooms. I wonder how he manages in his own home. I get the impression he walks around backwards a lot. :rolleyes:

If you didn’t enjoy the mild drama of this game, I suggest you steer clear of the developers older game, Acting Lessons, PTSD was shared by all.
in chapter 7 there is a scene with Riona and Camilla. I'm guessing you have to not pay them for it to happen... but after the deed MC looks at them admiring what he had done and they brazenly joke that MC is going to brag about it and he retorts that woman aren't trophies. like, if you wanted to give them a rimjob why didn't you do it earlier when you had the chance? to me this whole scene was unnessesary and just on it's face stupid for what it was. i have no problem with drama, life is drama and emotions are what give it meaning, it's the authors incessant need to paint the lilies that pisses me off.

as for the cliche finding of underwear in ones car, i am not upset that i got 'caught' if that's what you want to call it, i'm upset that in an act of desperation Isabella used them as an excuse to throw MC under the bus. i could feel it in my bones before it happened and was powerless to stop it. this sort of thing usually prompts a serious conversation wherein lines are drawn, but no MC just lets her denigrate him then slinks away. like, wow.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
With all the choices already made, we are already nearly locked DIK or CHICK, or basically neutral with mild eather side affinity.
Soon all the decisive choices will be decided by our former ones and the affinity thing will have shaped our char one of these 3 possibility.
I don't think we'll have much more decisive choice. This system is just a way to determine our char personality and the job is nearly done already, I see it more as the morality system in RPG but gradually implemented by our choices instead of being decided at trhe begining.
Yeah that's always the problem with having a linear scale -- whether it be Good/Evil, Law/Chaos, DIK/CHICK -- is that it's necessarily boxing you into a set of actions or reactions that are predictable. But the moment you diverge from that scale for the sake of story or character growth, like a DIK character confronting Sage about being her rebound guy, no matter how reasonable that is, it can and will cause confusion and criticism regardless of the merit of the interaction simply because players expect their choices to matter. This is why, if I were ever to make a game, I'd never put a system like this into it because it creates expectations and anxieties in players that they will be locked out of content they want for completely arbitrary reasons.

Here's the direct quote from the official season 1 walkthrough by DPC about what DIK points represent:

"In general, nicer/calmer/more mature actions remove DIK points and meaner/edgier/impulsive actions add DIK points."

In general, being a Massive DIK means you're mean/edgy/impulsive. That's a wide array of behaviors, as there's a big difference between being mean as opposed to being edgy as opposed to be impulsive. But still, it's not wide enough to actually allow for believable reactions to real situations. That's why you have these jarring moments in the game, like a DIK MC crying about Maya and Josy lying to him about their relationship when he should be trying to score the threesome right away, or crying about being Sage's rebound guy when by all accounts he should be much more confident and less insecure about that. Then, on the other end, when the scale is working as intended, all it's really doing is locking you out of content you might enjoy and giving you access to content you might not. For example, giving DIKs access to Madame for working at the Pink Rose is something I'm not interested in, and locking Bella's 69 option which I am interested in behind a CHICK check for no reason.

What is it about being meaner/edgier/impulsive that means I can't go down on Bella? Only the fact that she's a CHICK LI -- but is that even true, because you can romance her perfectly fine as a DIK, just like you can romance Sage perfectly fine as a CHICK. It don't make no sense, so I definitely share the fear that future content I'm interested in will be arbitrarily locked behind my affinity score for no good reason.

Anyway thanks for coming to my TED talk :KEK:
I think the system works fine.

As well as choices (like as a total DIK you can choose to push Chad in the cafeteria, check out Sage’s g-string in the college hallway, push your lunch to fuck Envy’s ass in the private room, hop in the hot tub with Mel, Sarah and Heather, invite the girls into the shower at the HOTs, just to name a few scenes), it also changes the mc’s tone in heaps of conversations.

Your choices let you play as a character who is either aloof and disrespectful, or as a sincere, thoughtful guy.

It could have been a startup option (choose whether you want to be a “tough guy” or a “metrosexual”), but this way it’s a bit more dynamic.

Is it perfect? Nope. Can it be? Nope. But it’s novel, and I like it.

Sure, you don’t get to have a fulfilling relationship with Jill if you’re a DIK, and Quinn isn’t gonna take you seriously if you’re a Chick, but the game has great replayability, so just replay it and change your choices.

Skjall

Nov 4, 2017
A quick google search of "academic year in Sweden" reveals, that it starts early September.
If DPC used his own country's usual start date, it makes sense that a month passed in-game and we're at October now, since the talk about preparing Helloween party.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
A lot of images from the rooster dedicated to midterm exams. Either we are waiting for a new mini-game or mechanics dedicated to passing exams, or most of it will be devoted to studying. I wonder how we can pass the gender studies exam Jade?

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
A lot of images from the rooster dedicated to midterm exams. Either we are waiting for a new mini-game or mechanics dedicated to passing exams, or most of it will be devoted to studying. I wonder how we can pass the gender studies exam Jade?
We should kind of be through already since we studied her gender extensively

• I just jizzed my pants

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I think the system works fine.

As well as choices (like as a total DIK you can choose to push Chad in the cafeteria, check out Sage’s g-string in the college hallway, push your lunch to fuck Envy’s ass in the private room, hop in the hot tub with Mel, Sarah and Heather, invite the girls into the shower at the HOTs, just to name a few scenes), it also changes the mc’s tone in heaps of conversations.

Your choices let you play as a character who is either aloof and disrespectful, or as a sincere, thoughtful guy.

It could have been a startup option (choose whether you want to be a “tough guy” or a “metrosexual”), but this way it’s a bit more dynamic.

Is it perfect? Nope. Can it be? Nope. But it’s novel, and I like it.

Sure, you don’t get to have a fulfilling relationship with Jill if you’re a DIK, and Quinn isn’t gonna take you seriously if you’re a Chick, but the game has great replayability, so just replay it and change your choices.
The nuance is that the character Сhick can have a relationship with all the main love interests. And Dik is only with Sage and Bella (unless he was stupid with Сathy). I guess the main idea is in the opposition of love and lust. If you like a girl, don't fuck with others. And vice versa. As a result, I assume the character Dik will be alone in the ending, and Chick will be fine.

• Sad

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
The nuance is that the character Сhick can have a relationship with all the main love interests. And Dik is only with Sage and Bella (unless he was stupid with Сathy). I guess the main idea is in the opposition of love and lust. If you like a girl, don't fuck with others. And vice versa. As a result, I assume the character Dik will be alone in the ending, and Chick will be fine.
You can be on Jill's path too as a DIK, no? So thats Sage, Bella, Jill as both CHICK and DIK. Only Maya/Josy don't work as DIK. Thats 3/4 paths that work both ways. I don't see the problem there.

magaclaawe

Mar 5, 2020
Chick and dik system is just like in Mass Effect pointless and stupid. Its not really so bad like in Mass Effect but still the game would be better without it. If you are dik or chick should be shown to us with characters and their actions to us. Calling us out if we acted as a dik ot chick. The system could still be in the background for DrPinkCake.

Reactions: Cico8

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
Nope. Being a DIK will partially close Jill's path. She will hesitate stopping you when you climbed to her room, didn't touch herself thinking about you after, didn't ask you for morning jogging and wouldn't text you after Tybalt's presentation. It's pretty much closed already.
"partially closed' is not a thing. You're either on the route or off it. That DPC didn't close the route for DIKs in ep7, to me, says that DIKs can get with her. You just miss out on content that CHICKs would get.

I really doubt DPC is gonna kick you off a LI path because of your affinity after letting you pursue that path on that affinity, especially after a potential affinity lock. You'll get kicked off the path because of some specific choices made, not because of your affinity.

Marley300

Jan 29, 2020
:love:
Who else feels like midterms are coming too fast? Anyone?
View attachment 1459196
Such a cutie :love:
Is she in the HOT house or in a single dorm room like Patrick promised? :unsure:
I really hope that this is the moment when we get a little time skip! I mean I know this is College but I rather skip to the parties then playthrough the exam and studying.
With those midterm’s coming, I’m almost tempted to do a save where you fail every test just to see if they are important. Imagine if you have to miss the parties because you fail and you have to retake everything. :eek:

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
You can be on Jill's path too as a DIK, no? So thats Sage, Bella, Jill as both CHICK and DIK. Only Maya/Josy don't work as DIK. Thats 3/4 paths that work both ways. I don't see the problem there.
Allthough i think that the Jill path will be Chick exclusive once she gives in.
Her character is really "build" to it. The showerscene after tennis, the one-girl-show after late night visit is all chickbased so i won't be suprised that once the decision is to be made that we have to be Chick. Maya and Josy were good with Neutral/Chick if i remember correctly but Jill.... she will be totally on the Chick side to get it going.

Reactions: hunter8013
4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes