Shizuro

Jul 21, 2020
Allthough i think that the Jill path will be Chick exclusive once she gives in.
Her character is really "build" to it. The showerscene after tennis, the one-girl-show after late night visit is all chickbased so i won't be suprised that once the decision is to be made that we have to be Chick. Maya and Josy were good with Neutral/Chick if i remember correctly but Jill.... she will be totally on the Chick side to get it going.
Feels like this is the same kind of conversation that says chick sage is good too, since it's not closed but same as jill you miss alot of content no?

I don't really care about dik or chick affinity or who "belongs" to either side just feels like it's the same convo over and over again :confused:

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
I can kind of see where they're coming from. Sage starts off as a DIK LI because you gain points and unlock scenes with her by being a DIK. But in the later episodes, CHICK MC's can still hook up with Sage and apparently being a CHICK with Sage has a better progression of their relationship. This is because, no matter whether you're CHICK or DIK, the MC basically pussies out with Sage and cries about being her rebound guy, which makes no sense if you're a massive DIK who is customer of the year at Quinn's restaurant (like mine). So it's not really Sage's shift in personality, I can still see her lean heavily towards DIKs for personality and big DIK energy, it's the fact that so far anyone can get on her path and by some accounts the CHICK way of doing so is more rewarding.

Personally, and this is just me, I'd be fine with Sage becoming a neutral girl and Quinn, Lily and Nicole being DIK girls :BootyTime: They fit the spirit of being a DIK much more than Sage does right now imo.
People seem to misunderstand the DIK / CHICK scale. It is a measure of your affinity. Basically, if you act like a dickhead, pick up fights or fuck around, you will have a larger DIK rating. If you're a chill, peaceful and repectful dude then you a a larger CHICK rating.
With CHICK, you end up with deeper relationships with main girls, while with DIK you get a larger variety of side girls.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I think the system works fine.

As well as choices (like as a total DIK you can choose to push Chad in the cafeteria, check out Sage’s g-string in the college hallway, push your lunch to fuck Envy’s ass in the private room, hop in the hot tub with Mel, Sarah and Heather, invite the girls into the shower at the HOTs, just to name a few scenes), it also changes the mc’s tone in heaps of conversations.

Your choices let you play as a character who is either aloof and disrespectful, or as a sincere, thoughtful guy.

It could have been a startup option (choose whether you want to be a “tough guy” or a “metrosexual”), but this way it’s a bit more dynamic.

Is it perfect? Nope. Can it be? Nope. But it’s novel, and I like it.

Sure, you don’t get to have a fulfilling relationship with Jill if you’re a DIK, and Quinn isn’t gonna take you seriously if you’re a Chick, but the game has great replayability, so just replay it and change your choices.
The system works reasonably well as long as you don't think about it, but it runs into big problems on any sort of close inspection. It serves it's main role of providing replay value by making a "horndog" route feel very different from a "nice guy" run, and the Major Decisions add an element of gameplay that livens up the Visual Novel narrative.

But it starts to break down if you question what makes the Major Decisions so major: why is giving Steve a shoulder to cry on more important than defending Chad when he's nearly expelled? Why is fooling around with Jade a Major DIK act, but fooling around with Bella is neutral (and even occasionally CHICKish)? There's really no rhyme or reason to why most of those decisions are the big ones, which undercuts the system considerably.

In addition, the distinction between Status and Affinity is both poorly implemented and unnecessarily confusing. Sometimes, Status seems to be the MC's reputation/style whereas Affinity is more like his inherent personality: thus Status determines his speech patterns while Affinity will eventually go on to govern his actions in a 'crisis.' But that gets muddled when, for example, Jill will only offer to shower with an MC with CHICK affinity; by the previous logic, either she should only offer to shower with an MC who has CHICK status, or else an MC with CHICK Affinity should refuse to take advantage of her when showering. Similarly, the MC can only get a threesome with Mona and Camila if he has serious DIK Status, whereas you'd expect the MC should need DIK Affinity to make the attempt (and maybe DIK Status for them to accept). In the end, each system arbitrarily means whatever makes for better gameplay at the time.

I do think Permanent Affinity could be an interesting development, but it really depends on how it's implemented. If done well, it will help simplify the narrative (since things will eventually boil down to at most 3 "routes") while making the restrictions feel like an organic outgrowth of how we've chosen to mold the MC. If done badly, it will wreck the illusion that our choices ever mattered by forcing us to do things our MC would probably never have done, simply for the sake of the meter.

It's hard to be too optimistic given just how underthought the initial DIK/CHICK system was. Still, for all its faults BaDIK has been fantastic up to this point so I'm willing to give DPC the benefit of the doubt for now. Here's hoping!

Last edited:

always86

Mar 19, 2020
I expect that we will be able to fuck Jill dirty, and Tybalt will cry and watch!
I remember before episode 7 there was lots of ‘Jill is a secret nymphomaniac‘ speculation. The idea being she was always holding back because if the MC knew how sexually wild she was it would scare him off.

Imagine Jill letting you pop her cherry while Tybalt watches. Haha.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Icekatana

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
The system works reasonably well as long as you don't think about it, but it runs into big problems on any sort of close inspection. It serves it's main role of providing replay value by making a "horndog" route feel very different from a "nice guy" run, and the Major Decisions add an element of gameplay that livens up the Visual Novel narrative.

But it starts to break down if you question what makes the Major Decisions so major: why is giving Steve a shoulder to cry on more important than defending Chad when he's nearly expelled? Why is fooling around with Jade a Major DIK act, but fooling around with Bella is neutral (and even occasionally CHICKish)? There's really no rhyme or reason to why most of those decisions are the big ones, which undercuts the system considerably.

In addition, the distinction between Status and Affinity is both poorly implemented and unnecessarily confusing. Sometimes, Status seems to be the MC's reputation/style whereas Affinity is more like his inherent personality: thus Status determines his speech patterns while Affinity will eventually go on to govern his actions in a 'crisis.' But that gets muddles when, for example, Jill will only offer to shower with an MC with CHICK affinity; by the previous logic, either she should only offer to shower with an MC who has CHICK status, or else an MC with CHICK Affinity should refuse to take advantage of her when showering. Similarly, the MC can only get a threesome with Mona and Camila if he has serious DIK Status, whereas you'd expect the MC should need DIK Affinity to make the attempt (and maybe DIK for them to accept). In the end, each system arbitrarily means whatever makes for better gameplay at the time.

I do think Permanent Affinity could be an interesting development, but it really depends on how it's implemented. If done well, it will help simplify the narrative (since things will eventually boil down to at most 3 "routes") while making the restrictions feel like an organic outgrowth of how we've chosen to mold the MC. If done badly, it will wreck the illusion that our choices ever mattered by forcing us to do things our MC would probably never have done, simply for the sake of the meter.

It's hard to be too optimistic given just how underthought the initial DIK/CHICK system was. Still, for all its faults BaDIK has been fantastic up to this point so I'm willing to give DPC the benefit of the doubt for now. Here's hoping!
There are many ways to look at it.

Defending Chad from being expelled might feel somewhat critical to the story, but it was clear that when Chad attacked the mc, there was more behind it. He was crying, something was off. So when the book is being thrown at him, for the mc to say, "Hang on, do we need to go this far", isn't necessarily a DIK or Chick reaction.

Whereas there's this little cunt that works with you at the store that is so fucking annoying, if he was on fire (lit by DrPinkCake of course) you wouldn't even piss on him to put it out. Then suddenly, he's crying and you are so moved by compassion that you care!? That's some seriously Chick behaviour there.

Jade's relationship is all about risk, something a cocky DIK would be all about. Sure, Bella is the librarian and we find out potential teacher, but the relationship is very different, it's more about feelings and magnetism.

You really can spin these situations anyway you want.

If you do analyse everything (which is going to happen because it's so long between episodes), some people are surely going to find fault, but to me, when I play the game, it's either Mr Nice Guy, or Mr Fuck-Everything-That-Moves Guy. The system works well for those two dudes. If you try to juggle the system, it's gets a little random, but that can happen when you're sitting on the fence.

One thing we don't know yet, is whether our DIK/Chick Status and Affinity really matter in the long run. They influence various situations, give us more or less experiences, but do we know for sure that it will ultimately block the main LIs?

Bella is happy to date the MC by the end of Ep7, whether he's a DIK or Chick, as long as he's played her right. Sure there's no 69, that doesn't mean there's no happily every after. Maybe that was just a bonus for the players who went without all that DIK goodness the game had to offer.

OK, Jill isn't entirely sold if the MC isn't a Chick, but she's still mighty jealous when the DIK mc's dick is plastered on the wall for all to see, and they've seen it before! Sure we didn't see her paddling the pink canoe in the DIK playthrough, like I said, she's not sold yet. Yet...

Maya and Josy's throuple (which ultimately could collapse), may be the only relationship the DIK mc doesn't get to partake in, but that doesn't mean the throuple will survive until the end of the game, nor that the mc won't end up with Maya or Josy in spite of his DIKishness.

At the very moment, even a DIK mc can have sexual tension with all the main LIs (except I'm not feeling Maya, that said, their relationship could be rekindled, they went pretty far before the bomb hit).

So the bottom line is, DIK/Chick may just change the flavour of the game, the journey itself, not the destination. ;)

Last edited:

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
OK, Jill isn't entirely sold if the MC isn't a Chick, but she's still mighty jealous when the DIK mc's dick is plastered on the wall for all to see, and they've seen it before! Sure we didn't see her paddling the pink canoe in the DIK playthrough, like I said, she's not sold yet. Yet...
There is one line change that, at least for me, makes big difference. If you're a Chick or Neutral, when Jill asked Josy what to do after that scene on auditorium she will say "There's this guy I like" whereas if you're a DIK she would say "There's this guy I thought I liked".

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
"partially closed' is not a thing. You're either on the route or off it. That DPC didn't close the route for DIKs in ep7, to me, says that DIKs can get with her. You just miss out on content that CHICKs would get.

I really doubt DPC is gonna kick you off a LI path because of your affinity after letting you pursue that path on that affinity, especially after a potential affinity lock. You'll get kicked off the path because of some specific choices made, not because of your affinity.
Can't you just use the Mod to get every path?

Reactions: tipsytopsy

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
hey guys

I've been extremely busy for the past few days and had no time to catch up on the discussion (over 30 pages of posts)... are we still on schedule for the haloween/early november release or does it look more and more like mid/late november?
I think I'm the biggest Halloween release truther and even I'm getting skeptical :(

• Sad
Reactions: nyrek

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
hey guys

I've been extremely busy for the past few days and had no time to catch up on the discussion (over 30 pages of posts)... are we still on schedule for the haloween/early november release or does it look more and more like mid/late november?
All the work is done. We are just waiting for the rendering of the remaining animation. It will take about 2 weeks. And the remaining 2 weeks are testing. Since the DPC usually releases releases on Friday, there is an 80% chance that the game will be released either on November 12 or if errors occur on November 19.

Reactions: nyrek
4.80 star(s) 1,524 Votes