seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
I didn't cherry pick 3 colleges. I picked the first 3 universities on the West Coast that came to mind.
Those 3 having academic schedules clearly shown to be outliers. I went through 27 states selecting without bias and lo and behold...

Guess I need to pick up where I left off as you are surprisingly stubborn, I even expanded my scope nephew. You now have sample data for all 50 states if you concatenate this list with the previous.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Run me receipts instead of excuses, I think i've done more than enough work to prove my point.

and so the original intention of this doesn't get lost in the sauce; if you're building a timeline for BaD it needs to start mid/late August as the overwhelming majority of US colleges start at that time.

Thank you for attending my Ted talk.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I think Sage starts out as a DIK romance but gravitates toward a CHICK one more and more while MC slowly shifts from fuck buddy to genuine love interest for her. Or at least I hope that's the direction.
I guess Quinn will turn out to be the only straight up DIK LI in some sort of open relationship with all the side chicks from the HOTs and the strip club. But she's also a psychotic bitch and a drug dealer so she's the only main LI I don't have a save state for.
Exactly. I pointed out a while back the jarring transition of Sage's personality from self-absorbed DIK to angelic Chick. She went full Jill mode in ep. 7. It annoyed me to no end because my canon MC is a massive DIK and I wanted at least one full DIK side main LI. I've learned to live with it, but it still bothers me that DPC chose Sage be the one who is most sympathetic to Maya (when she previously couldn't give less of a shit about her problems). And I might understand it if Sage were acting this way after getting over Chad, but she clearly still hasn't resolved her issues with him and that was the main impediment to her helping Maya in the first place.

P.S. I still blame it on the fever. It's like that old movie trope where a character falls into a coma or fever delirium and rises from it a changed person.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that my unofficial guide has been updated recently and that it focuses on the player choices and their consequences. I hope you will enjoy it here!
Thanks, I'll check it out but one issue is that only DPC knows what the future holds, so only he can say...well if you diddle this character or make this seemingly benign choice in this current episode, an unfavourable result will likely happen 3 episodes later. Those are the kinds of warnings I would appreciate in an official walkthrough. If you don't want future episode spoilers then you don't have to use the walkthroughs, but for me, after I do my unassisted canon playthrough, I want hints, tips, and spoilers for a remaining playthroughs. Nothing I hate more than having to go back and replay a bunch of episodes on multiple saves because I incorrectly chose to go through "door 1" instead of "door 2" back in episode 4 or whatever. One false choice is enough to sabotage you in this game and only DPC knows what they are.

• Sad
Reactions: DirtyMario

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
WTF is this talk about Sage becoming a CHICK LI? What did I miss?
Did she recently start responding positively to CHICK actions?
Or her sudden "shift" in character gave people the impression she's leaning towards the CHICK side now? Why? Because she's finally taking her responsibilities more seriously?

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Those 3 having academic schedules clearly shown to be outliers. I went through 27 states selecting without bias and lo and behold...

Guess I need to pick up where I left off as you are surprisingly stubborn, I even expanded my scope nephew. You now have sample data for all 50 states if you concatenate this list with the previous.

Run me receipts instead of excuses, I think i've done more than enough work to prove my point.

and so the original intention of this doesn't get lost in the sauce; if you're building a timeline for BaD it needs to start mid/late August as the overwhelming majority of US colleges start at that time.

Yes but university start dates in B&R have about as much to do with real world as does DPC's mystifying monetary system of $$$$ for Madam pussy licking while completely new windows cost 65(?) o_O
I think (hope) DPC will go with the more rare Sept start dates so he can reach October month end for the Halloween party. I believe he never specified a start date for precisely this reason. It allows him to play fast and loose with the dates.

Reactions: Bubba McSmith

Pennel

Jun 4, 2017
Yes but university start dates in B&R have about as much to do with real world as does DPC's mystifying monetary system of $$$$ for Madam pussy licking while completely new windows cost 65(?) o_O
I think (hope) DPC will go with the more rare Sept start dates so he can reach October month end for the Halloween party. I believe he never specified a start date for precisely this reason. It allows him to play fast and loose with the dates.
Money that MC has in his pockets, Mansion funds, and his inheritance are all separate. They don't correlate with each other, and are unconnected for gameplay reasons.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Money that MC has in his pockets, Mansion funds, and his inheritance are all separate. They don't correlate with each other, and are unconnected for gameplay reasons.
Yes, a much better stated version of my post's main point. Game money is whacky, game uni start dates are whacky. Let's just suspend our disbelief so we can all get that juicy Halloween party. (y)

Orrangutang

May 11, 2019

Thanks for wasting your time. Your post accomplished nothing other than showing you lack basic reading comprehension.

• Haha
Reactions: zarachi

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
Because y'all were wondering...

Here's something I've been keeping up for a couple of episodes now.

View attachment 1458823

The biggest unknown is how long the time skip is. At it's shortest, you're looking at 3 days - Wednesday to Friday. If you want to stretch it, the next possible increment would be 10 days - Wednesday to the next Friday. Choose for yourself, but I'm sticking with what I have.

Nice, if you dont mind i am going to use the graphic.

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
WTF is this talk about Sage becoming a CHICK LI? What did I miss?
Did she recently start responding positively to CHICK actions?
Or her sudden "shift" in character gave people the impression she's leaning towards the CHICK side now? Why? Because she's finally taking her responsibilities more seriously?
I can kind of see where they're coming from. Sage starts off as a DIK LI because you gain points and unlock scenes with her by being a DIK. But in the later episodes, CHICK MC's can still hook up with Sage and apparently being a CHICK with Sage has a better progression of their relationship. This is because, no matter whether you're CHICK or DIK, the MC basically pussies out with Sage and cries about being her rebound guy, which makes no sense if you're a massive DIK who is customer of the year at Quinn's restaurant (like mine). So it's not really Sage's shift in personality, I can still see her lean heavily towards DIKs for personality and big DIK energy, it's the fact that so far anyone can get on her path and by some accounts the CHICK way of doing so is more rewarding.

Personally, and this is just me, I'd be fine with Sage becoming a neutral girl and Quinn, Lily and Nicole being DIK girls :BootyTime: They fit the spirit of being a DIK much more than Sage does right now imo.

hablat

Jul 24, 2017
Personally, and this is just me, I'd be fine with Sage becoming a neutral girl and Quinn, Lily and Nicole being DIK girls
I don't know that Nicole being a DIK path makes a lot of sense, either. She's older and has a kid. Sure, she's a stripper as a job, but I doubt she wants that same wild energy all the time.

DIK makes sense more for hookups, but any relationship transitioning into becoming serious CHICK options seem like a better idea. It's kind of why the affinity system falls apart a bit, imo. But it is what it is. It's a game.

That aside, Nicole having any path would be good.

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
I don't know that Nicole being a DIK path makes a lot of sense, either. She's older and has a kid. Sure, she's a stripper as a job, but I doubt she wants that same wild energy all the time.

DIK makes sense more for hookups, but any relationship transitioning into becoming serious CHICK options seem like a better idea. It's kind of why the affinity system falls apart a bit, imo. But it is what it is. It's a game.

That aside, Nicole having any path would be good.
I definitely agree that the affinity system is falling apart and has been for a while. DPC will probably depreciate it once the LI paths are locked so he can focus on the girls without having to make a bunch of extra variables that don't amount to much actual content.

As for Nicole specifically, she's a tough nut to crack on the affinity scale. I'd argue that she's more on the DIK side naturally, because of her job and the fact she's hooking up with college kids on Swyper and at bars for threesomes :KEK: That being said, the initial conversation you have with Nicole on Swyper indicates that her private and work life are separate, so the relationship could lean more CHICK once (or if) it actually starts. I can definitely see someone with a kid not wanting the DIK lifestyle constantly but who knows, so far she seems plenty down for whatever is being thrown at her :BootyTime:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I definitely agree that the affinity system is falling apart and has been for a while. DPC will probably depreciate it once the LI paths are locked so he can focus on the girls without having to make a bunch of extra variables that don't amount to much actual content.

As for Nicole specifically, she's a tough nut to crack on the affinity scale. I'd argue that she's more on the DIK side naturally, because of her job and the fact she's hooking up with college kids on Swyper and at bars for threesomes :KEK: That being said, the initial conversation you have with Nicole on Swyper indicates that her private and work life are separate, so the relationship could lean more CHICK once (or if) it actually starts. I can definitely see someone with a kid not wanting the DIK lifestyle constantly but who knows, so far she seems plenty down for whatever is being thrown at her :BootyTime:
I really hope Nicole is an option for the end. Maybe not as a major LI, but she's a great character that deserves some options. I agree that the two dimensional affinity scale is always limiting. I get it, you can't have an affinity scale that it so complex that you can't manage it, but then you get these weird situations where it's all or nothing. I play a character that is mostly neutral, but leans DIK and I'm afraid all that has done is close doors. It would make sense if Nicole was someone that falls in that area given her character and situation.

Melimelo

Jun 7, 2017
With all the choices already made, we are already nearly locked DIK or CHICK, or basically neutral with mild eather side affinity.
Soon all the decisive choices will be decided by our former ones and the affinity thing will have shaped our char one of these 3 possibility.
I don't think we'll have much more decisive choice. This system is just a way to determine our char personality and the job is nearly done already, I see it more as the morality system in RPG but gradually implemented by our choices instead of being decided at trhe begining.

Last edited:

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Then you miss the whole Absinth "experience"
Don't know if they changed the formula to get a wider market but the original is just too much to handle.
Turns out, not true. There was never enough wormwood in Absinthe to cause hallucinations, or any other health problems. Back in the day, there were contamination problems (lead, mercury, etc.), but that's it. Any hallucinations from modern Absinthe are purely from alcohol and the placebo effect, even when it does have wormwood.

Maybe the MC should become a chemist, and then he could work with Quinn to expand her empire (SEE, it's on topic!!!)

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
I really hope Nicole is an option for the end. Maybe not as a major LI, but she's a great character that deserves some options. I agree that the two dimensional affinity scale is always limiting. I get it, you can't have an affinity scale that it so complex that you can't manage it, but then you get these weird situations where it's all or nothing. I play a character that is mostly neutral, but leans DIK and I'm afraid all that has done is close doors. It would make sense if Nicole was someone that falls in that area given her character and situation.
Yeah that's always the problem with having a linear scale -- whether it be Good/Evil, Law/Chaos, DIK/CHICK -- is that it's necessarily boxing you into a set of actions or reactions that are predictable. But the moment you diverge from that scale for the sake of story or character growth, like a DIK character confronting Sage about being her rebound guy, no matter how reasonable that is, it can and will cause confusion and criticism regardless of the merit of the interaction simply because players expect their choices to matter. This is why, if I were ever to make a game, I'd never put a system like this into it because it creates expectations and anxieties in players that they will be locked out of content they want for completely arbitrary reasons.

Here's the direct quote from the official season 1 walkthrough by DPC about what DIK points represent:

"In general, nicer/calmer/more mature actions remove DIK points and meaner/edgier/impulsive actions add DIK points."

In general, being a Massive DIK means you're mean/edgy/impulsive. That's a wide array of behaviors, as there's a big difference between being mean as opposed to being edgy as opposed to be impulsive. But still, it's not wide enough to actually allow for believable reactions to real situations. That's why you have these jarring moments in the game, like a DIK MC crying about Maya and Josy lying to him about their relationship when he should be trying to score the threesome right away, or crying about being Sage's rebound guy when by all accounts he should be much more confident and less insecure about that. Then, on the other end, when the scale is working as intended, all it's really doing is locking you out of content you might enjoy and giving you access to content you might not. For example, giving DIKs access to Madame for working at the Pink Rose is something I'm not interested in, and locking Bella's 69 option which I am interested in behind a CHICK check for no reason.

What is it about being meaner/edgier/impulsive that means I can't go down on Bella? Only the fact that she's a CHICK LI -- but is that even true, because you can romance her perfectly fine as a DIK, just like you can romance Sage perfectly fine as a CHICK. It don't make no sense, so I definitely share the fear that future content I'm interested in will be arbitrarily locked behind my affinity score for no good reason.

Anyway thanks for coming to my TED talk :KEK:

4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes