jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
If you want to share a search query with others, it should have some search criteria etc. after it like JamieSadistic's:
https://f95zone.to/search/150802174/?q=update&t=post&c[thread]=25332&o=relevance

Though that one would be better if it was limited to N7 update posts, and sorted by date:
https://f95zone.to/search/150802174/?q=update&t=post&c[thread]=25332&c[users]=N7&o=date

If you were trying to link to a particular post, it wouldn't have search in the url:
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-6798915
You mean I'm suppose to be familiar with the syntax and just type that? How did you get those urls, exactly?

Yes, all I did was copied url of search results by user w/o any additional options.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yeah I believe the search results are related to your account and maybe privileges. The browsers that it worked for you were probably logged in, and the ones that didn't, you probably weren't logged in.

And thanks for not believing I'm retarded. :D

If you look back to the actual prologue, it makes sense as to why there's so much focus on him getting into the DIKs.

The prologue is all about family, and how family are not just your blood relations but the people that support you through life.

That'd be the DIKs, the HOTs, Bella, Jill and maybe the B&R receptionist.

Becoming a DIK, finding that new family is a massive part of this story. To knock it off in one episode would have been to cheapen what it meant to the mc.

I do expect the story to pick up a bit more in conflict, and I'm a little worried that it could get derailed in doing so (kinda like how I feel AL was derailed once all the fun and games were over), but the real focus on this story is the mc Being a DIK.
I'm not convinced, the theme of the family is so generic that it practically fits every story, from Star Wars to Pulp Fiction.
It touches in different ways practically every character in the story (Maya and Derek with their bigoted father, Jill with the loss of her sister, Sage with her communication problems with her family, Bella with her marriage/non-marriage, but also Jade, Quinn etc etc)

and the fraternity life only serves to give a setting, if MC had broken into the Preps by himself, he would have been deranged, instead it's just a goliardic gesture of those crazy DIKs

one of the most recent worries is whether we'll get to have sex with Heather... doesn't seem like the best introduction to a new family.

Reactions: ename144

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
You mean I'm suppose to be familiar with the syntax and just type that? How did you get those urls, exactly?

Yes, all I did was copied url of search results by user w/o any additional options.
Nah, that was just to demonstrate where the problem was.

Search: update; By: N7 > Search

That displays the results. Copy the whole url of the results, including the options.

NB: This will only be sorted by date if you've set that as your default sort order in your profile. If not, it'll default to relevance.

For more options do:
Search > Advanced search > Keywords: update; Posted by: N7; Order by: Date > Search

Have to set the forum as well then though.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
Nah, that was just to demonstrate where the problem was.
I got it, as suspected, the problem was that I've used non-advanced search feature. For some reason, the search result ditches the rest of url which contain options of searching as been shown by you. Still, it should always work, ideally. At least it worked for the guy in question.

Lucciferrr69

May 7, 2018
Hi Im new here. I just downloaded the part one but it won't extract. Do I need to download part 2 and 3 to play this. Which files should I download to play from beginning?

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
Becoming a DIK, finding that new family is a massive part of this story. To knock it off in one episode would have been to cheapen what it meant to the mc.
I'm not convinced
It touches in different ways practically every character in the story
8tb13aqj6zj51.jpg

If its so pervasive that it touches so many characters... its a massive part of the story. Its almost like there's a reason so many characters touch on the theme in the game.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
View attachment 1475382

If its so pervasive that it touches so many characters... its a massive part of the story. Its almost like there's a reason so many characters touch on the theme in the game.
perhaps I have not made myself clear

the reference to the family is an extremely general reference, which in Badik, but in almost every story, can be referred to a great many characters

this makes me doubt that the fact that MC can find a new family in the DIKs can really be the centre of the narration

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
Jill is frankly the worst character in the game. You need to have the MC be a simp for her.
She has an uncanny valley barbie doll face, she looks like she is made up of wax (compared to literally any other girl, who seem to have some sort of skin texture).
She has frankly unrealistic proportions (borderline plastic surgery territory). Big eyes, button nose, full lips, big tits, big ass, perfectly toned thighs, stomach and curvy hips. All this while being completely "pure", and somehow being a piano master as well.
Imo DPC made Jill has fap material for dudes wanting perfect waifus. which ,makes her less interesting than other girls.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
If the Bella date next episode is somehow related to the Jill storyline with Tybalt and they end up going to a date just to watch over the third Jill/Tybalt date, it's going to be one of the dumbest things ever. Like we are roughly at the halfway mark of the storyline and Bella's storyline is still dependant on the Jill storyline. It's about time DPC splits them up and maybe Jill can become more interesting and grow as a character if she interacts with more than 3 other characters.
DPC did not need to do this, the only thing that it is achieving is that people start getting fed up with Jill

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I'm not convinced, the theme of the family is so generic that it practically fits every story, from Star Wars to Pulp Fiction.
It touches in different ways practically every character in the story (Maya and Derek with their bigoted father, Jill with the loss of her sister, Sage with her communication problems with her family, Bella with her marriage/non-marriage, but also Jade, Quinn etc etc)

and the fraternity life only serves to give a setting, if MC had broken into the Preps by himself, he would have been deranged, instead it's just a goliardic gesture of those crazy DIKs

one of the most recent worries is whether we'll get to have sex with Heather... doesn't seem like the best introduction to a new family.
View attachment 1475382

the reference to the family is an extremely general reference, which in Badik, but in almost every story, can be referred to a great many characters

this makes me doubt that the fact that MC can find a new family in the DIKs can really be the centre of the narration
So just looking at the prologue:

"Family."
"My dad once told me that a family is more than blood relations."
"Being related doesn't necessarily make you family."
"Family are the people who support you in your choices."
"Family will help you grow."
"Family doesn't give up on you in times of need."
"Family are the ones who love you for you..."
"...whoever that may be."
"Even if you lose your family..."
"...or if your family loses you."
"Don't stop."
"Find new ones to love and somewhere else to call home."

Then there's all that shit about his dad smiling like a dickhead and his mom dying giving birth and shit, and then the prologue finishes with:

"Either way, I was happy back then. We didn't have much, we...erm..."
"...we had enough."
"We had each other."
"As for now?"
"Let me tell you what happened."

So the family theme is undeniable, regardless of how applicable it is to any other setting, and while I got a little carried away including the receptionist, the DIKs are most definitely his "new" family, at least for his college years, and that friendship could last many more years afterwards.

So a major theme is "new" family, the game is called "Being a DIK", so my original point was, the number of episodes it took for him to actually become a DIK was significant, because it was a significant thing that happened.

This is pretty much an "origin" story, how Fuckface was reborn into his new family and discovered the power of his cock.

In an origin movie, half the movie is typically spent on the character's origin details, and the other half will be the first major conflict after the rebirth.

It's been a great ride so far, helping the young fella grow into a sex machine, but soon this conflict will come and threaten everyone he loves, and whoever it is, Vinny, Burke, Tybalt, whoever, the mc will use his superpower and beat them to death with his cock, figuratively speaking.

That sounds great conceptually (it's worked for every other superhero origin story), but what it will actually pan out to be is anyone's guess.

Bottom line, we've spent half the game becoming a DIK, now it's time for the game to shift gears and get into the conflict that will take us through to the end.

Jill is frankly the worst character in the game. You need to have the MC be a simp for her.
She has an uncanny valley barbie doll face, she looks like she is made up of wax (compared to literally any other girl, who seem to have some sort of skin texture).
She has frankly unrealistic proportions (borderline plastic surgery territory). Big eyes, button nose, full lips, big tits, big ass, perfectly toned thighs, stomach and curvy hips. All this while being completely "pure", and somehow being a piano master as well.
Imo DPC made Jill has fap material for dudes wanting perfect waifus. which ,makes her less interesting than other girls.
How is the mc actually simping for her? They go on a few dates, he makes out with her a few times, as far as fucking goes he has to be a bit more patient with her than he is with other girls, but it's only been a month in game time.

Sure he's practicing some music that she plays so they can do some cool duet together, but he loves music, she loves music, that shit is fun, not "simping".

Just curious, what is the mc doing that makes him a simp for Jill?

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021

I see. I guess all I have to say is... cliches are cliches for a reason. Just 'cause its a generic theme doesn't rule out it being a central theme to the story. Like, family isn't just some small thing that pops up here and there in BADIK. DPC is constantly bringing it to the forefront in some way or the other. Its central to several plot beats running.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
So just looking at the prologue:

"Family."
"My dad once told me that a family is more than blood relations."
"Being related doesn't necessarily make you family."
"Family are the people who support you in your choices."
"Family will help you grow."
"Family doesn't give up on you in times of need."
"Family are the ones who love you for you..."
"...whoever that may be."
"Even if you lose your family..."
"...or if your family loses you."
"Don't stop."
"Find new ones to love and somewhere else to call home."

Then there's all that shit about his dad smiling like a dickhead and his mom dying giving birth and shit, and then the prologue finishes with:

"Either way, I was happy back then. We didn't have much, we...erm..."
"...we had enough."
"We had each other."
"As for now?"
"Let me tell you what happened."

So the family theme is undeniable, regardless of how applicable it is to any other setting, and while I got a little carried away including the receptionist, the DIKs are most definitely his "new" family, at least for his college years, and that friendship could last many more years afterwards.

So a major theme is "new" family, the game is called "Being a DIK", so my original point was, the number of episodes it took for him to actually become a DIK was significant, because it was a significant thing that happened.

This is pretty much an "origin" story, how Fuckface was reborn into his new family and discovered the power of his cock.

In an origin movie, half the movie is typically spent on the character's origin details, and the other half will be the first major conflict after the rebirth.

It's been a great ride so far, helping the young fella grow into a sex machine, but soon this conflict will come and threaten everyone he loves, and whoever it is, Vinny, Burke, Tybalt, whoever, the mc will use his superpower and beat them to death with his cock, figuratively speaking.

That sounds great conceptually (it's worked for every other superhero origin story), but what it will actually pan out to be is anyone's guess.

Bottom line, we've spent half the game becoming a DIK, now it's time for the game to shift gears and get into the conflict that will take us through to the end.
that there will be big and continuous problems is for sure, otherwise how would DPC be able to continuously postpone what the players want? which of course is not sex eh... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The ride to become DIK ended in the first season... 2 years ago...

in this second season the significant moments in this sense have been very few, the speech on the stairs and the breakfast of Mc with all his apostles, but when I think about the important things happened I hardly think about these or other moments between MC and the other DIKs (Derek is already a different matter)

do you think the storm on the horizon will be faced by the DIKs as a group? we'll see, many of the threats are very personal for MC (with Tybalt what did the DIks do, with Patrick? if James comes back? but also with Burke is a very personal matter for now)

the only common dispute is the one against the one who ravaged their mansion, which could also be the focus of the third season

I see. I guess all I have to say is... cliches are cliches for a reason. Just 'cause its a generic theme doesn't rule out it being a central theme to the story. Like, family isn't just some small thing that pops up here and there in BADIK. DPC is constantly bringing it to the forefront in some way or the other. Its central to several plot beats running.
I specifically referred to the idea of the DIKs as a family.

I see the theme of family more as a means to give a background, to justify certain behaviours: MC eternal orphan, the others all insecure children of families with problems, childhood traumas etc

let's take Maya as an example, where the family issue is supposed to be central, but in the end is it really? it seems to me that it's addressed purely as an economic problem, we have to find a way for her to have money for college, she thinks to pay it back by getting the free tuition, MC thinks he can help her by giving her the money from the inheritance, Sage we don't know yet but I think she will try to act on the loan anyway.

the idea to make Patrick see reason, to reunite Maya's family has never been undertaken and has been abandoned at the start.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavDR

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
i had assumed i did not need to explain to you how families with kids are made, young one!
so maybe not the best introduction but a very practical way to start a family!
touching without consent is considered sexual harassment or depending on the jurisdiction rape! so i advice you be carefull who you touch where and why!

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
I specifically referred to the idea of the DIKs as a family.

I see the theme of family more as a means to give a background, to justify certain behaviours: MC eternal orphan, the others all insecure children of families with problems, childhood traumas etc

let's take Maya as an example, where the family issue is supposed to be central, but in the end is it really? it seems to me that it's addressed purely as an economic problem, we have to find a way for her to have money for college, she thinks to pay it back by getting the free tuition, MC thinks he can help her by giving her the money from the inheritance, Sage we don't know yet but I think she will try to act on the loan anyway.

the idea to make Patrick see reason, to reunite Maya's family has never been undertaken and has been abandoned at the start.
I honestly don't know how to respond because it sounds like you have some weird definition and requirements for story themes.

Themes don't drive the plot. They can, but themes are just central ideas/topics that are woven throughout the narrative. What you've dismissed as some minor thing in "a means to give a background, to justify certain behaviours" IS the meat of how themes work. Its in characters histories and lives, in how characters react to it, act on it, how it affects them and the lives around them. If you look at most of the central characters to BADIK's story, you see bio-family or self-made family affecting their actions and decisions, causing problems or solving them, and we see how the characters react to that and act on it. Thats how themes work.

Just look at the DIK house being trashed. Narratively its just "Jocks vs DIKs. DIKs need to find a way to scrounge up money to fix the place. MC helps them to do so." Now, looking it at it through the family theme, you have Rusty's problems with his dad. Being a shitty son finally takes its toll and it affects the self-made family he has, the DIKs. His real family abandons him to his fate. His 'brothers' are useless like he is, because thats the family he has built for himself. Rusty has had a rich, affluent life. He doesn't know what real life and real work is. And the DIKs having just been sucking on his teat, so neither do they. THATs how family has affected Rusty, his decisions, how its affected the DIKs and their decisions, and landed them in their current predicament.
And then you have the resolution of the house being trashed. MC, the outsider until now, the new brother. His family is just his dad, who is broke as fuck, the complete opposite to Rusty. And so MC's family has taught him to be resilient (unless he's being a whiny bitch over girls) and resourceful. And he begins to impart that onto the DIKs. Gets them jobs, show them how to be functioning members of the fraternity. Become men. And where Rusty's dad abandons him to his fate, Neil shows up to help the DIKs. Gets them cool shit.
Family informs why and how the characters got to this point, we see how it affects them in the situation, and even contrasts the relevant families at play in the situation (Rusty, MC, the DIKs). THAT is how themes work. And thats just looking at this situation through the lens of ONE theme.

I dunno, man. I have no idea what you expect themes to do in a story. But going by the regular definition and usage in literature, I really don't know how a person can look at BADIK and not see that family is the one of, if not THE, central themes to the game's narrative.

EDIT: Welp. This turned into a wall. So much for "i don't know how to respond", eh?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes