Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Well he kinda makes up to that by making each episode longer and with more renders :).
We should be thankful for the padding renders I guess. And the animations eating up heaps more dev time which we get to see for all of 2s apiece. I'd understand if someone else was doing part of the rendering work, but the way things are, he's pouring a lot of unnecessary effort just to pad out the development and content of the game. Without all the blueballing and fluff removed, we'd be at least 3 episodes further in, both story and release wise.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
Well with EP8 dropping in November; the likelihood next cycles are May/June and November/December; so 2 per years.
But ambition might extend this cycle and offset at some point. EP8 is exceptionally over 6 months of development.
  • Today, Episode 8 have a 30 days delay compared to previous Episode 7 with +109 animations and +342 renders.
  • In 2 days, Being a DIK will have 1000 days of development with 2 years, 8 months and 27 days. 24 000 hours.
    • 21 411 renders and 1 289 animations were made, 95 premium music added.

EpisodeRendersAnimationsMusic*SizeRelease DateDevelopment Time
Episode 1130151≈1.1 GB07 Feb 2019000 days
Episode 21709 (+31%)77 (+51%)≈2.3 GB (+1.2 GB)04 May 2019087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
Episode 32289 (+34%)99 (+29%)≈4.1 GB (+1.8 GB)16 Aug 2019105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
Episode 42532 (+11%)134 (+35%)≈6.1 GB (+2.0 GB)10 Jan 2020148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
Episode 52456 (-3%)157 (+17%)17 (3.4K$)≈8.0 GB (+1.9 GB)29 May 2020141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
Episode 63336 (+35%)162 (+3%)24 (4.8K$)≈11.1 GB (+3.1 GB)13 Nov 2020169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
Episode 73723 (+12%)250 (+54%)18 (3.6K$)≈14.5 GB (+3.4 GB)23 Apr 2021162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
Episode 84065 (+9%)359 (+44%)36 (7.2K$)>18.1 GB (+3.6 GB)in development192 (6 months, 09 days |≈27 weeks)
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus† previous post. — Being a DIK in development since 2 years, 8 months, 25 days (33 months / 142 weeks / 998 days / 23 952 hours)
*199$ Premium Licensed Music

> Release Date Estimate:
Growing Scenario: Mid November 2021 (29 weeks) — Technical Difficulty Scenario: Late November 2021 (30 weeks)

(y)
Thumb up to well made Casiope DIK Walkthrough.
Nicely done, guys. Clearly points out that each episode gets grander and grander in size and scope.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
Well he kinda makes up to that by making each episode longer and with more renders :).
It's a free game put out by a guy doing it without a salary. I have no complaints. If he worked for a development company, I would expect more in the area of frequency and content, but for a guy working alone, essentially making a free game for me on his free time, I would be utterly bonkers and stupidly entitled to complain.

"I got a hundred dollars for my birthday and was PISSED it wasn't $150!!!!!!"

Last edited:

gelu123

Dec 25, 2017
We should be thankful for the padding renders I guess. And the animations eating up heaps more dev time which we get to see for all of 2s apiece. I'd understand if someone else was doing part of the rendering work, but the way things are, he's pouring a lot of unnecessary effort just to pad out the development and content of the game. Without all the blueballing and fluff removed, we'd be at least 3 episodes further in, both story and release wise.
Well thats what people want , but think about the dev. Maybe this game isnt just a way to make money also , maybe he would like to make his work as close to perfection and dont have any regret?
Want to give you an exemple? there is a game called Glamour a remake of Big Brother where dev started to listen to people right and left and turned that game into a boring fest with no real story behind...
So thats why i think the dev aproach is the best one and healthy on the long term.

Reactions: Bubba McSmith

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I think everything is more complicated than it seems.
1) It is not easy to find an intelligent artist. In addition, he will have to spend time on his adaptation and training, which will take some time.
2) DPC is a perfectionist. He will need to constantly spend time monitoring the work of another artist. I recall the case of SuperAlex, the creator of the Amnesia game. So he told how he hired a programmer to write code for the game. But in the end, the programmer did nothing for a month. And the SuperAlex itself began to program. People fail and are not serious, this is a fact.
What to do? Perhaps the only way out is to create your own development studio. Inceton Games is renting a studio in the city center and has reached the level of 7000 renderers in 3 months. But there are 20 people working in the studio.

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
It's a free game put out by a guy doing it without a salary. I have no complaints. If he worked for a development company, I would expect more in the area of frequency and content, but for a guy working alone, essentially making a free game for me on his free time, I would be utterly bonkers and stupidly entitled to complain.

"Last time I got a hundred dollars for my birthday I was PISSED it wasn't $150!!!!!!"
Are you really this retarded? Just in case you aren't joking: it's not a free game, you dumbass, wake up, you're on a pirate site. DPC is doing his game thanks to patron's money and his main concern is to please/milk them, not us. Hope that helps.
So May be Stop Bitching a little bit(y):)
So maybe stop butthurting a bit, mr. funboy (y)

Yeah, DPC's not hiring because why would he? There's no need, currently at least.

Jan 2, 2021
The Circle is Now Complete . We are back to the " Updates takes too long, HE should hire peoples, He need to make the episode in 3-4 months" blah blah blah.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just so you could Understand the level where DPC is in.
He's previous game Acting Lessons, had 8 Chapter, or episode. The Full game, take him more than a year to finish. 8 update. And the Full Game contained :

The complete game consists of >5000 renders, 217 animations, 61 songs and 30 sound effects.

The upcoming episode 8 of BaDik as of it right now as we know, being developed 6 month, according to DPC will contain :

4065 static renders
359 animations
24 pieces of 2D art
36 new songs
31 new sound eff

So, during Half a Year HE created 1 Episode, an Episode that is almost as Big as his whole first Game that he created for more than a Year . Name me an another Developer who is in this level :whistle:. So May be Stop Bitching a little bit(y):)
I think all or those who criticize DPC should take a seat and think twice. I've played Acting Lessons and other games from other developers and all of them are far from this one. The quality of the story (very funny at times), the development of characters, quality of animations... It's worth for us to wait.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Roelandt

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
As much as i enjoy this game the period between updates is becoming ridiculous at this point, i think he should find a way to do this between 3-4 months...
I agree, I would get rid of animations because they take so much time to pose and render and add nothing to the story. I don't need a 4 seconds animation, I just use my imagination. BAD is good enough with all the other massive content DPC provides, I would have preferred more scenes (not necessarily lewd), more dialogues over all those short animations.
I personally prefer to see more dialogues with the HOTs, funny scenes, deeper characterizations. Even Rooster is more valuable to me than animations, there are some messages in that app that are simply hilarious (the ones with Quinn, Bella, Derek against Tybalt...).

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
Noted, but I don't think Quinn and Tommy were needling up with Vitamin B12 shots a few episodes back. I'm not sure why DPC chose to do that. It would make more sense if Quinn were not only hesitant to sell harder drugs, but to use them as well...given what happened to her mother. :unsure:
Not sure how you arrived at that, Kellerman. There's a reason why elicit drugs are illegal and dangerous. It is difficult for a typical human to use them "responsibly." People who solicit narcotics on the thug level don't have much consideration for consequences. If they did, they wouldn't be involved with them. Quinn is a person with no moral compass and considers self discipline a weakness, attacking with mockery whenever she sees it in others. Of course she uses the drug she uses to control others with. She might have the wherewithal to manage to avoid becoming addicted, but give her time. If she stays out of prison (unlikely given her actions and environment), it's possible she might avoid becoming a junkie herself. Even Riona is overusing casual drugs and experiencing their consequences as noted in several scenes.

If Quinn's arc continues in the direction it's heading, before she can manage to graduate, Quinn will either be an inmate (most likely...she soliciting narcotics and prostitutes on the campus of a prestigious college and is sloppy has hell at it), a used up hustler with no prospects, or dead. The possibility of her becoming some college graduate crime-lord, which I imagine is what she expects, is so absurdly remote it's not funny because, lets be frank...like Quinn or not...she's not very good at it.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Not sure how you arrived at that, Kellerman. There's a reason why elicit drugs are illegal and dangerous. It is difficult for a typical human to use them "responsibly." People who solicit narcotics on the thug level don't have much consideration for consequences. If they did, they wouldn't be involved with them. Quinn is a person with no moral compass and considers self discipline a weakness, attacking with mockery whenever she sees it in others. Of course she uses the drug she uses to control others with. She might have the wherewithal to manage to avoid becoming addicted, but give her time. If she stays out of prison (unlikely given her actions and environment), it's possible she might avoid becoming a junkie herself. Even Riona is overusing casual drugs and experiencing their consequences as noted in several scenes.

If Quinn's arc continues in the direction it's heading, before she can manage to graduate, Quinn will either be an inmate (most likely...she soliciting narcotics and prostitutes on the campus of a prestigious college and is sloppy has hell at it), a used up hustler with no prospects, or dead. The possibility of her becoming some college graduate crime-lord, which I imagine is what she expects, is so absurdly remote it's not funny because, lets be frank...like Quinn or not...she's not very good at it.
Because DPC specifically pointed out via the scene with Buddy that Quinn has avoided the hard stuff in the past. That together with what happened to her mother makes it unusual that DPC would, out of the blue, insert a scene with Tommy and Quinn shooting heroin. Why is cocaine such an usual buy for Quinn when clearly she is obtaining the more potent and deadly heroin?

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
Are you really this retarded? Just in case you aren't joking: it's not a free game, you dumbass, wake up, you're on a pirate site. DPC is doing his game thanks to patron's money and his main concern is to please/milk them, not us. Hope that helps.

So maybe stop butthurting a bit, mr. funboy (y)

Yeah, DPC's not hiring because why would he? There's no need, currently at least.
Um...no...it is a free game. Doc has posted this game on several formats. HE posted it here, not some pirate. Your pointless attack make you sound silly. Work at it. Between crafting insults you might want to look up the word "free" online. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Hope that helps with your Tourette's Syndrome.

(Where do we get these guys?)

Reactions: theultragaydude

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Because DPC specifically pointed out via the scene with Buddy that Quinn has avoided the hard stuff in the past. That together with what happened to her mother makes it unusual that DPC would, out of the blue, insert a scene with Tommy and Quinn shooting heroin. Why is cocaine such an usual buy for Quinn when clearly she is obtaining the more potent and deadly heroin?
I agree with you, that scene (like the warning from the future with Bella) is a highly anomalous scene

showing syringes is a very strong image, but then it was forcibly downplayed (not addictive) and forgotten.

Now it seems to have been withdrawn with Tommy's not-so-clear-cut withdrawal.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I agree with you, that scene (like the warning from the future with Bella) is a highly anomalous scene

showing syringes is a very strong image, but then it was forcibly downplayed (not addictive) and forgotten.

Now it seems to have been withdrawn with Tommy's not-so-clear-cut withdrawal.
Yes, and I just don't buy the "casual heroin user" story. That shit is addictive as hell. Cocaine maybe, but with heroin, once you start it's a one way ticket to being a hopeless junkie...and then a dead junkie.

Reactions: Roelandt

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
The Circle is Now Complete . We are back to the " Updates takes too long, HE should hire peoples, He need to make the episode in 3-4 months" blah blah blah.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just so you could Understand the level where DPC is in.
He's previous game Acting Lessons, had 8 Chapter, or episode. The Full game, take him more than a year to finish. 8 update. And the Full Game contained :

The complete game consists of >5000 renders, 217 animations, 61 songs and 30 sound effects.

The upcoming episode 8 of BaDik as of it right now as we know, being developed 6 month, according to DPC will contain :

4065 static renders
359 animations
24 pieces of 2D art
36 new songs
31 new sound eff

So, during Half a Year HE created 1 Episode, an Episode that is almost as Big as his whole first Game that he created for more than a Year . Name me an another Developer who is in this level :whistle:. So May be Stop Bitching a little bit(y):)
First of all, I don't have any problems with the development time per update. Even if he only released one update a year, it would be worth the wait for me.

Nevertheless, it is completely illogical to compare AL with BaDIK, as the hardware of DPC has also improved a lot due to the additional income. As a result, the time required per render has been greatly reduced compared to AL times.

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
Um...no...it is a free game. Doc has posted this game on several formats. HE posted it here, not some pirate. Your pointless attack make you sound silly. Work at it. Between crafting insults you might want to look up the word "free" online. I don't think it means what you think it means.
Right. Tell me then, why does he charge money for the steam version?
Yes, and I just don't buy the "casual heroin user" story. That shit is addictive as hell. Cocaine maybe, but with heroin, once you start it's a one way ticket to being a hopeless junkie...and then a dead junkie.
Not really. Heroin is just commonly associates with hopeless junkies which is understandable. But it's not really that more dangerous than many other drugs.
Highly illegal - absolutely. That's the aspect which I hope will be examined in the game, yeah.

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
Well with EP8 dropping in November; the likelihood next cycles are May/June and November/December; so 2 per years.
But ambition might extend this cycle and offset at some point. EP8 is exceptionally over 6 months of development.
  • Today, Episode 8 have a 30 days delay compared to previous Episode 7 with +109 animations and +342 renders.
  • In 2 days, Being a DIK will have 1000 days of development with 2 years, 8 months and 27 days. 24 000 hours.
    • 21 411 renders and 1 289 animations were made, 95 premium music added.

EpisodeRendersAnimationsMusic*SizeRelease DateDevelopment Time
Episode 1130151≈1.1 GB07 Feb 2019000 days
Episode 21709 (+31%)77 (+51%)≈2.3 GB (+1.2 GB)04 May 2019087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
Episode 32289 (+34%)99 (+29%)≈4.1 GB (+1.8 GB)16 Aug 2019105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
Episode 42532 (+11%)134 (+35%)≈6.1 GB (+2.0 GB)10 Jan 2020148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
Episode 52456 (-3%)157 (+17%)17 (3.4K$)≈8.0 GB (+1.9 GB)29 May 2020141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
Episode 63336 (+35%)162 (+3%)24 (4.8K$)≈11.1 GB (+3.1 GB)13 Nov 2020169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
Episode 73723 (+12%)250 (+54%)18 (3.6K$)≈14.5 GB (+3.4 GB)23 Apr 2021162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
Episode 84065 (+9%)359 (+44%)36 (7.2K$)>18.1 GB (+3.6 GB)in development192 (6 months, 09 days |≈27 weeks)
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus† previous post. — Being a DIK in development since 2 years, 8 months, 25 days (33 months / 142 weeks / 998 days / 23 952 hours)
*199$ Premium Licensed Music

> Release Date Estimate:
Growing Scenario: Mid November 2021 (29 weeks) — Technical Difficulty Scenario: Late November 2021 (30 weeks)

(y)
Thumb up to well made Casiope DIK Walkthrough.
Hey Man can I hire you to do my taxes :LOL:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Right. Tell me then, why does he charge money for the steam version?

Not really. Heroin is just commonly associates with hopeless junkies which is understandable. But it's not really that more dangerous than many other drugs.
Highly illegal - absolutely. That's the aspect which I hope will be examined in the game, yeah.
Better not test that theory.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes