BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
And you won't - because that's not a bug, he intentionally made that change an episode or two prior. You can hide the UI by simply hitting 'h'. Admittedly, not that keen on it myself, but it was no accident.
I know its not a bug but is just stupid how he made that, i play with the left hand on the mouse and the right on my dick, dah...

always86

Mar 19, 2020
I too had the same thoughts about a Camilla involvement when I replayed it. I still cannot understand who's the blood in the library, I guess there could have been a fight involving Vinny and Nick (the only one that we know was there and knows about the blood). I could no see anybody with bandages or scratches.
I think Nick is a red herring, I could be wrong, but between him being in the Library and his room not being trashed he is being made to look guilty. I’m not convinced Vinny is a player on any of the on Campus stuff yet.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Sage mentions that Quinn can't stop talking about the MC
I'd love to know exactly what that entailed. Seems out of character for Quinn to do something like that. I remember being surprised when Sage said that. Unless it was Quinn ripping on MC...but the way Sage said it makes me think she was gushing about him. Quinn probably caught herself midway and quickly closed up again. She can't have her sisters seeing her get all mushy about a boy.

When they test, they are also working against a checklist that I provide with tasks that need to be tested.
It may sound great to get the game early, but I would hate to be a beta tester. You can't really enjoy the game. You actually have to concentrate on finding bugs and adhering to DPC's checklist. No thanks. I'm glad they do it, but I'm also glad it isn't me.

You can fuck Maya, Josy or Quinn for free, imagine having those dead routes and the consolation is sucking the varicose veins from Madame's tits.
Beast tag when?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Figured I would post these since we now seem to have final numbers;

Week 28 is essentailly Friday 5th November. At 4158 it has over 400 more still renders that Episode 7 (3723). For reference Episode 1 and 2 combined had 3059. Episodes 3 and 4 combined had 4817.

1635964147097.png

As for animations, 358 is over 100 more than episode 7 (250). Episodes 1-4 had 360 animations. Episodes 5 and 6 had 319 combined.

1635964446536.png

Episode 1 took 12 weeks to release after it was announced, episode 2 was 12 weeks after that. If this episode releases on the 19th it will be 30 weeks, with week one being the friday after the previous episodes release.

Last edited:

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Well, we made it brothers; there is no way back. It's coming. 64-bits upgrade is a welcome surprise.
I hope we can have a Torrent soon enough around here. I modestly shared 1 TB for EP7. :coffee:
  • Compared to our last numbers, an extra 93 renders, 1 animation was removed, 1 music added and +1GB size.
  • In the last 3 episodes, the beta-testing was 7 to 10 days. Release window: 10 to 13 November 2021. Max 18.
  • Be sure to check AchedCroissant post with all EP8 Previews. Hype.
    • Today Being a DIK have 1001 days of development.
EpisodeRendersAnimationsMusic*SizeRelease DateDevelopment Time
Episode 1130151≈1.1 GB07 Feb 2019000 days
Episode 21709 (+31%)77 (+51%)≈2.3 GB (+1.2 GB)04 May 2019087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
Episode 32289 (+34%)99 (+29%)≈4.1 GB (+1.8 GB)16 Aug 2019105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
Episode 42532 (+11%)134 (+35%)≈6.1 GB (+2.0 GB)10 Jan 2020148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
Episode 52456 (-3%)157 (+17%)17 (3.4K$)≈8.0 GB (+1.9 GB)29 May 2020141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
Episode 63336 (+35%)162 (+3%)24 (4.8K$)≈11.1 GB (+3.1 GB)13 Nov 2020169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
Episode 73723 (+12%)250 (+54%)18 (3.6K$)≈14.5 GB (+3.4 GB)23 Apr 2021162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
Episode 84158 (+12%)358 (+43%)37 (7.5K$)>19.0 GB (+4.5 GB)in development195 (6 months, 12 days |≈28 weeks)
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus† previous post. — Being a DIK in development since 2 years, 8 months, 28 days (33 months / 143 weeks / 1001 days / 24 024 hours)
*199$ Premium Licensed Music

> Release Date Estimate:
Growing Scenario: Mid November 2021 (29 weeks) — Technical Difficulty Scenario: Late November 2021 (30 weeks)

(y)
Thumb up to well made Casiope DIK Walkthrough.
hard work as always. Thanks for this :PogChamp:

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018

Beta testing and proofreading have just started.

As soon as I know a little bit more, I can set a release date.

I'm aiming for a November release for the $25 tier, and that's all I can say at the moment.

If you base your pledge on the release date, please wait until the release date is final.

I know that everyone is excited; you should be, and I am too.

Please, be patient with us during this final phase, and the update will come faster.

Important information regarding patching
I will explain in the section below why I cannot supply a patch for this update.

What this means for v0.8.0 is that everyone will have to download the full game this time.

I haven't forgotten about the $5 patrons waiting for the patch. Anyone who pledges $5 in December 2021 and has pledged at least $15 total on Patreon during this year will get a DM with the links to the full update two weeks after release.

However, there won't be a post for any patch, and I will temporarily remove the $5 tier patch reward on release. When the first patch of Season 3 becomes available, this tier reward will return.

Detailed information
Now, why won't a patch be available?

To make a long story short, I have upgraded Ren'Py to the latest version to enable 64-bit Windows. The upgrade causes patching to be a nightmare, even for an above-average PC user, so I opted out of it this time.

The Ren'Py upgrade made the game run much smoother and become more responsive than before. When I saw the results, it was worth spending extra time to fix the deprecated functionality and issues that came from upgrading. This upgrade will most likely eliminate all weird out-of-memory bugs and remove most lag from your game.

All in all, you will notice the positive effects of upgrading the Ren'Py version. The only downside to upgrading the game to 64-bit is that 32-bit systems aren't supported anymore. Examples of 32-bit OS that won't be supported are Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows XP. That's the future for all Ren'Py games, not just Being a DIK.

Aside from upgrading Ren'Py, I have tested my save transfer system on Steam and tested a temporary new season 3 binary for Steam as well. It all went smoothly, and I am confident that my chosen way to continue developing the game will be feasible for Patreon and Steam.

So, that's very good news for the Being a DIK development in general.

What will happen now?
Testers and proofreader will get the time they need to test and play. I will fix any bugs and typos they find.

This update is big - something they all commented on after their first playthrough - and it will require several playthroughs to explore fully. When they test, they are also working against a checklist that I provide with tasks that need to be tested.

Testing will also cover earlier episodes to find any bugs from the Ren'Py upgrade.

We are working our hardest, but because of the Ren'Py upgrade and the size of the game, there might be new bugs we missed during testing; as always, I appreciate any bug reports players send my way.

Meanwhile, I will perform additional tests and continue to polish the game.

I will also prepare for the distribution of the Patreon version.

What can you as a player do to prepare?
You can ensure that your saves are up to date and that you have saved at the end of the episode 7 update, where the game tells you to save. Yes, your old saves will work without any issues as long as you did this.

You can make sure that you have enough disk space for the update.

The game will be approximately 19 GB when you extract it, meaning that you will need at least 40 GB of free disk space to download the game and extract it.

If you have any questions regarding all of this, I will do my best to answer you in the comment section below.

I apologize for any confusion; I tried my best to make this long text easy to understand.

Preliminary changelog
Here is the preliminary changelog for v0.8.0. It might change slightly as a result of beta testing.

Added Episode 8 that includes:

• 4158 renders
  • 24 2D-art pieces
  • 358 animations
  • 37 songs
  • 31 sound effects
  • Upgraded Ren'Py version to 7.4.10
  • Updated functionality for viewing special renders in the Rewards app.
  • Redesigned the game menus.
  • Removed the splash screen due to performance issues
  • Added a button to manually save persistent data in the Save menu; automatic saving still works as before.
  • Fixed a rare bug with Brawler that caused four options that resulted in a miss to show at once.
  • Fixed a bug with the math tests that displayed the wrong grade when cheating.
  • Fixed a bug with the bar mixing menu in episode 7.
  • Fixed a rare bug with the mansion mini-game.
  • Fixed cosmetic bugs with the phone.
  • Fixed an issue with the "Previously on Being a DIK" section for episode 7.
  • Fixed a bug with reaching turn 100 in Triple Tile.
  • Fixed an issue where the MC didn't get the right avatar in the Bios app.
  • Fixed an issue with Rooster images not being closed with the middle-mouse button on the old phone.
  • Fixed an issue where Brandi was named Brian in her dialogue.
  • Fixed a Bios issue with Josy.
  • Fixed an issue where Madame Rose was misplaced in alphabetical order in the Bios app.
  • Fixed an issue where the Madame Rose intro was played after each choice when visiting her using the phone.
  • Corrected typos in episode 7

I will post release dates after we have tested the game some more.

DrPinkCake
The 64 bit upgrade would negate the many-nested coding issue and non uniformity in coding I pointed a while back as the source of increasing lag. It's an effective walk around to the issue. This issue would come back gradually if he ever ballooned this game upto something stupid like 25-30 episodes, but for his projected plans, rest of the game should hold stable for at least half a decade.

Reactions: znar25 and n0cn1l

NoNameNeeded

Nov 9, 2017
Getting all my various path saves done for the next update. Ran the Quinn path again. In her own way, She has strong feelings for MC, one of many indicators was the text after going to MCs room for first aid and comfort. Very strong feelings even though she still plays the tough part View attachment 1482627 .

Some scenes later.... this is just too funny.
Your post and pic reminded me of a theory I have.

In the picture is Lily.
I think that one of Lilys main reasons for starting to hook up with the MC is to fuck with Quinn.
Especially the part in the HOT party where she asks (After getting the footlong) if the MC rolls with someone.
That Lily doesn't love Quinn is clear and if she can get some of the MC AND fuck with Quinn she'd go for it I think.

I think this can lead to serious drama. Quinn isn't a girl that opens up and lowers her defenses easily, just as you say in your post. She has started to do so with the MC. If she gets hurt because of Lily and the MC I think things can get really ugly.
Because I think that Lily will rub it in Quinns face and then pretend to be innocent "We just hooked up nothing serious" etc, etc.
And then the MC will be the one holding the ball and be on the receiving end of Quinns hurt feelings.
Something that could lead to serious drama for both the MC as well as Quinn herself.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Beta testing and proofreading have just started.

As soon as I know a little bit more, I can set a release date.

I'm aiming for a November release for the $25 tier, and that's all I can say at the moment.

If you base your pledge on the release date, please wait until the release date is final.

I know that everyone is excited; you should be, and I am too.

Please, be patient with us during this final phase, and the update will come faster.

Important information regarding patching
I will explain in the section below why I cannot supply a patch for this update.

What this means for v0.8.0 is that everyone will have to download the full game this time.

I haven't forgotten about the $5 patrons waiting for the patch. Anyone who pledges $5 in December 2021 and has pledged at least $15 total on Patreon during this year will get a DM with the links to the full update two weeks after release.

However, there won't be a post for any patch, and I will temporarily remove the $5 tier patch reward on release. When the first patch of Season 3 becomes available, this tier reward will return.

Detailed information
Now, why won't a patch be available?

To make a long story short, I have upgraded Ren'Py to the latest version to enable 64-bit Windows. The upgrade causes patching to be a nightmare, even for an above-average PC user, so I opted out of it this time.

The Ren'Py upgrade made the game run much smoother and become more responsive than before. When I saw the results, it was worth spending extra time to fix the deprecated functionality and issues that came from upgrading. This upgrade will most likely eliminate all weird out-of-memory bugs and remove most lag from your game.

All in all, you will notice the positive effects of upgrading the Ren'Py version. The only downside to upgrading the game to 64-bit is that 32-bit systems aren't supported anymore. Examples of 32-bit OS that won't be supported are Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows XP. That's the future for all Ren'Py games, not just Being a DIK.

Aside from upgrading Ren'Py, I have tested my save transfer system on Steam and tested a temporary new season 3 binary for Steam as well. It all went smoothly, and I am confident that my chosen way to continue developing the game will be feasible for Patreon and Steam.

So, that's very good news for the Being a DIK development in general.

What will happen now?
Testers and proofreader will get the time they need to test and play. I will fix any bugs and typos they find.

This update is big - something they all commented on after their first playthrough - and it will require several playthroughs to explore fully. When they test, they are also working against a checklist that I provide with tasks that need to be tested.

Testing will also cover earlier episodes to find any bugs from the Ren'Py upgrade.

We are working our hardest, but because of the Ren'Py upgrade and the size of the game, there might be new bugs we missed during testing; as always, I appreciate any bug reports players send my way.

Meanwhile, I will perform additional tests and continue to polish the game.

I will also prepare for the distribution of the Patreon version.

What can you as a player do to prepare?
You can ensure that your saves are up to date and that you have saved at the end of the episode 7 update, where the game tells you to save. Yes, your old saves will work without any issues as long as you did this.

You can make sure that you have enough disk space for the update.

The game will be approximately 19 GB when you extract it, meaning that you will need at least 40 GB of free disk space to download the game and extract it.

If you have any questions regarding all of this, I will do my best to answer you in the comment section below.

I apologize for any confusion; I tried my best to make this long text easy to understand.

Preliminary changelog
Here is the preliminary changelog for v0.8.0. It might change slightly as a result of beta testing.

Added Episode 8 that includes:

• 4158 renders
  • 24 2D-art pieces
  • 358 animations
  • 37 songs
  • 31 sound effects
  • Upgraded Ren'Py version to 7.4.10
  • Updated functionality for viewing special renders in the Rewards app.
  • Redesigned the game menus.
  • Removed the splash screen due to performance issues
  • Added a button to manually save persistent data in the Save menu; automatic saving still works as before.
  • Fixed a rare bug with Brawler that caused four options that resulted in a miss to show at once.
  • Fixed a bug with the math tests that displayed the wrong grade when cheating.
  • Fixed a bug with the bar mixing menu in episode 7.
  • Fixed a rare bug with the mansion mini-game.
  • Fixed cosmetic bugs with the phone.
  • Fixed an issue with the "Previously on Being a DIK" section for episode 7.
  • Fixed a bug with reaching turn 100 in Triple Tile.
  • Fixed an issue where the MC didn't get the right avatar in the Bios app.
  • Fixed an issue with Rooster images not being closed with the middle-mouse button on the old phone.
  • Fixed an issue where Brandi was named Brian in her dialogue.
  • Fixed a Bios issue with Josy.
  • Fixed an issue where Madame Rose was misplaced in alphabetical order in the Bios app.
  • Fixed an issue where the Madame Rose intro was played after each choice when visiting her using the phone.
  • Corrected typos in episode 7

I will post release dates after we have tested the game some more.

DrPinkCake
Don't mind the jump for 64 bits sytems, in fact i am surprised it didn't happened sooner.
Anyway, look forward to this update. :)

Reactions: thorin0815

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I do not understand how some did not give the brain to process this... It is assumed that when you decompress a file you have the file and the rar so DPC says that you have to have 40GB free for the game 19GB+19GB= 38GB :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Gh0st_Harambe

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
More on the Quinn path. After the HOTs party. This path is where you reject Sage at almost every turn. Sad almost. Sage's Cluck response (MC selfie with Quinn in the kitchen) is that of disappointment.
Heather saw all this (all the various things you can do interacting with Quinn in the kitchen) and, it can only be interpreted as near boyfriend/girlfriend (or however that would go with Quinn). Heather's and Quinn's response Clucks indicate this too.
Even with Quinn's fk'd up business plan, one would think even some of the HOTs would be happy for her if this ever became a thing.
Edit: Other... this solves a Quinn problem where Tommy is no longer an issue. Tommy has no sway over MC; MC is becoming a leader in the DIKs.... draw any number of scenarios from that.
So, that is a very solid path for Ep8 ......
quinnrooster.JPG quinnrooster2.JPG

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes