shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It all sounds very contrived to me, which would make it a perfect fit for DPC's usual contrived writing style!

Being serious for a minute though, the whole Josy being grounded by her parents thing has always sounded like something that would happen to a sixteen year old, not a girl who's nineteen, has graduated HS, and has her own job. Although it's true that she's living in her Father's house she's also legally an adult. A parent grounding their adult daughter has never sounded plausible to me, just like it's never sounded plausible that Josy would be worried that her Father was coming to take her away from college as happened in Ep 5.
"...contrived ..." - I do not think it means what you think it means. :p

I agree pretty much 100% that taking the mobile phone from an adult child seems unusual. I threaten to block my kid's iPad from the Internet at home (it's become a running joke in my household), but yeah, once your kid's an adult, it's time to stop with the corrective measures to guide their behaviour.

That said, if she was mouthing off at Monica (or at least about Monica) in her Dad's presence, he may felt he had to do something. And what better punishment than to take a girls mobile from her! :eek:

Maya's situation is different, her dad has been fully established as a controlling, bordering on psychologically abusive father, but from what we know, Pete's an OK bloke.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You beat me to it, I just updated the post to include a reference to when she spat it at the mc before.

Also, if you read their reunion outside the college, it sounds like they had a doozy of a fight:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
actually in that dialogue they only talk about the fight between father and daughter, with him apologizing for having been too harsh. and it would also be strange that, if Monica had been involved, there wouldn't have been Josy's suceses, or at least a request of apology

Too bad because the effort for the fan fiction will have been important:p

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I agree pretty much 100% that taking the mobile phone from an adult child seems unusual. I threaten to block my kid's iPad from the Internet at home (it's become a running joke in my household), but yeah, once your kid's an adult, it's time to stop with the corrective measures to guide their behaviour.

That said, if she was mouthing off at Monica (or at least about Monica) in her Dad's presence, he may felt he had to do something. And what better punishment than to take a girls mobile from her! :eek:

Maya's situation is different, her dad has been fully established as a controlling, bordering on psychologically abusive father, but from what we know, Pete's an OK bloke.
We had an incident like this in my hometown last year. The Father locked his 20 year old daughter in her room and wouldn't let her out, she managed to signal to a neighbor from her window, the neighbor then called the police and soon after the guy was face down in his own front yard while the police cuffed him.

It's just an example of some of the silly plot devices that DPC uses in his writing. I'm not saying that people shouldn't enjoy the game, but all of the fulsome praise for how great a writer DPC is is just grating in the face of shit like this. Yes it's probably better than the writing in 90% of the games on this site, but that's not saying much. And when it's compared to some of the genuinely good writing found in some games it just doesn't stack up.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
It all sounds very contrived to me, which would make it a perfect fit for DPC's usual contrived writing style!

Being serious for a minute though, the whole Josy being grounded by her parents thing has always sounded like something that would happen to a sixteen year old, not a girl who's nineteen, has graduated HS, and has her own job. Although it's true that she's living in her Father's house she's also legally an adult. A parent grounding their adult daughter has never sounded plausible to me, just like it's never sounded plausible that Josy would be worried that her Father was coming to take her away from college as happened in Ep 5.
I suppose if her dad paid her cell phone bill, he could turn off her service or something, but she said her dad took her phone. Indeed not terribly plausible, certainly not with a young woman who actually adores her father. I guess we're not supposed to think about these things too hard.

I see lots of people complaining that Maya's situation is also contrived, as she would not need her dad to cosign a loan. When I went to college, I had scholarships and savings that paid for my first year, then I needed to borrow money for my second year. In applying for student loans, my parents' income was a factor in the terms of the loan (interest rate and so on). My parents' income was pretty good for where we lived, so I couldn't qualify for a grant or even the best loans. I was an adult and because of my scholarships that first year, my parents had not paid any of my tuition, but because I was still a dependent on my parents' taxes, I could not apply for a loan on my own terms. Unfortunately, my mom was dying of cancer and my parents were spending all of their money on hospital bills. My dad was desperate to keep me as a dependent on their taxes to lower their tax bill, while I was desperate to be independent and try and get a grant or low-interest loan. My mom died in the middle of my second year and my dad continued to list me as a dependent on his taxes. It was a terrible situation that caused no small conflict between us.

Similarly, Maya may not be in a position to apply for loans on her own terms and may need her dad to "co-sign," as she may still be a legal dependent in terms of finances, even though she is an adult. I don't know if DPC is even aware of these kinds of issues, but this kind of situation is not farfetched.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
actually in that dialogue they only talk about the fight between father and daughter, with him apologizing for having been too harsh. and it would also be strange that, if Monica had been involved, there wouldn't have been Josy's suceses, or at least a request of apology

Too bad because the effort for the fan fiction will have been important:p
The fan fiction was just for fun, but the underlying message was she got busted for drinking alcohol (when she's underage) and, depending on your choices, fucking in the dad's bed. This resulted in an argument and she started mouthing off about Monica and the dad overreacted. Plain and simple. (y)

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
We had an incident like this in my hometown last year. The Father locked his 20 year old daughter in her room and wouldn't let her out, she managed to signal to a neighbor from her window, the neighbor then called the police and soon after the guy was face down in his own front yard while the police cuffed him.

It's just an example of some of the silly plot devices that DPC uses in his writing. I'm not saying that people shouldn't enjoy the game, but all of the fulsome praise for how great a writer DPC is is just grating in the face of shit like this. Yes it's probably better than the writing in 90% of the games on this site, but that's not saying much. And when it's compared to some of the genuinely good writing found in some games it just doesn't stack up.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The fan fiction was just for fun, but the underlying message was she got busted for drinking alcohol (when she's underage) and, depending on your choices, fucking in the dad's bed. This resulted in an argument and she started mouthing off about Monica and the dad overreacted. Plain and simple. (y)
we are always in fan fiction

if Mc does not stay with Josy she says:
js "Dad and Monica came home early and saw that I had someone over..."
js "They saw that we've been drinking and yeah..."
js "They put two and two together..."

it doesn't seem to me that alcohol is an issue, but the fact that there was a guy, DPC writes this eh....
and it would make sense to me if BADIK was set in the 60s. :ROFLMAO:

PashafromRussia is right, we have to fuck Josy to save the story:WeSmart:

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I suppose if her dad paid her cell phone bill, he could turn off her service or something, but she said her dad took her phone. Indeed not terribly plausible, certainly not with a young woman who actually adores her father. I guess we're not supposed to think about these things too hard.

I see lots of people complaining that Maya's situation is also contrived, as she would not need her dad to cosign a loan. When I went to college, I had scholarships and savings that paid for my first year, then I needed to borrow money for my second year. In applying for student loans, my parents' income was a factor in the terms of the loan (interest rate and so on). My parents' income was pretty good for where we lived, so I couldn't qualify for a grant or even the best loans. I was an adult and because of my scholarships that first year, my parents had not paid any of my tuition, but because I was still a dependent on my parents' taxes, I could not apply for a loan on my own terms. Unfortunately, my mom was dying of cancer and my parents were spending all of their money on hospital bills. My dad was desperate to keep me as a dependent on their taxes to lower their tax bill, while I was desperate to be independent and try and get a grant or low-interest loan. My mom died in the middle of my second year and my dad continued to list me as a dependent on his taxes. It was a terrible situation that caused no small conflict between us.

Similarly, Maya may not be in a position to apply for loans on her own terms and may need her dad to "co-sign," as she may still be a legal dependent in terms of finances, even though she is an adult. I don't know if DPC is even aware of these kinds of issues, but this kind of situation is not farfetched.
Ahh, but Maya's Father is not the co-signer on the loan, as we learned in ep7 Maya is the co-signer on the loan her Father took out. Of course it's completely ridiculous. No bank on earth would let a penniless teenager co-sign for a loan, but that was DPC's desperate attempt to 'fix' the whole Maya student loan story, and of course it was also a tacit admission that the whole contrived mess was a disaster from the start, and still is.

Reactions: beef-devourer

rj677

May 30, 2020
Someday the news about the adventures will become known. Jill finds out that MС is fucking other girls, Josy gets jealous when she finds out that MC is dating Jill. At some point, Sage finds out that MC is fucking Quinn and she gets jealous (I really hope so), and Maya finds out that MC is fucking Josy behind her back. Shit should explode. It's too early to draw conclusions.
so Cathe, in order to give a blowjob, takes off her panties and leaves them in Bella's car,
Throughout the BaDIK game, there were some situations that made me really scratch my head trying to make those situations make sense (For example, Jill handling Tybalts blackmail made me delete my Jill file and completely lose interest in her completely :cautious:)

I thought that would be the worst scenes that we would see on this game for some time... And then came episode 7...

Im not gonna mention the Sage rebound guy stupidity because they sorta figure it out in the end and all seems resolved... Hopefully...

But the Cathy/Bella situation in episode 7 to this day almost 7 months and probably 5 different playthroughs by now, STILL doesnt make any sense for THAT to be how the "manwhore" reveal should have been addressed to Bella.

As a guy who plays the manwhore Full DIK path :devilish:, do I expect the MCs LIs to learn his hard working extracurricular adventures :sneaky:? YES, im fully aware and glad to have consequences for it IF they are done how they should be done. For example, the Jill reveal during Tybalts presentation was so well put together, dare I say perfect. It showed her that the "dating" was WAY more evolved with the others which made her jealous/shy/insecure (like her character). It seemed a natural way of it being known (them slipping up while talking, not the thing where a Huge Dick appears on a college presentation :LOL::LOL:)

Cathy "forgets" her panties after giving a BJ to the MC in Bellas car??? I appreciate long term storytelling as much as the next guy, but this seems such a DPC "let me pull something out of my ass and make it stick" kinda thing... Im pissed about it and shes only 4th on the list out of 6 LIs...

Concluding: Consequences for my actions? YES... Pulling things out of asses just for the fun of it? That aint it DOC :cautious:...

keltboy

Apr 30, 2017
If this game was released in time Shakespeare's times, it would gain more literature quotation, than his work.

Shakespeare's books do not contain great renders and animations, they do not contain any music, no mini-games either. This game and William's books both contain great stories. To sum up it is 4-1 for my fav game.

Why do you write essays trying to compare products of different eras and different genres? This is just totally stupid, you do not understand art because you are trying to formalize it.

Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
If this game was released in time Shakespeare's times, it would gain more literature quotation, than his work.

Shakespeare's books do not contain great renders and animations, they do not contain any music, no mini-games either. This game and William's books both contain great stories. To sum up it is 4-1 for my fav game.

Why do you write essays trying to compare products of different eras and different genres? This is just totally stupid, you do not understand art because you are trying to formalize it.
While it's certainly a well written story, it's not close to being the best written one on this site.

And while comparing it to Shakespeare (An all time great writer) is stupid, I will conceed that the writing on here is better than 99% of what Hollywood pushes out.

• Angry
Reactions: aegonplantagenet

keltboy

Apr 30, 2017
While it's certainly a well written story, it's not close to being the best written one on this site.

And while comparing it to Shakespeare (An all time great writer) is stupid, I will conceed that the writing on here is better than 99% of what Hollywood pushes out.
"English / American moment" ye bruh never this Earth experienced anything like this guy. No Dostoevsky or Proust etc.

I am not talking about story in general, don't you see? I am talking about separate piece of art, which contains more than just a story. It is variative and involving on another level because this is a game. It is completely different piece of art from another dimension.

It is completely different work like movie and a book for example are completely different pieces of art, which can not be compared.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Throughout the BaDIK game, there were some situations that made me really scratch my head trying to make those situations make sense (For example, Jill handling Tybalts blackmail made me delete my Jill file and completely lose interest in her completely :cautious:)

I thought that would be the worst scenes that we would see on this game for some time... And then came episode 7...

Im not gonna mention the Sage rebound guy stupidity because they sorta figure it out in the end and all seems resolved... Hopefully...

But the Cathy/Bella situation in episode 7 to this day almost 7 months and probably 5 different playthroughs by now, STILL doesnt make any sense for THAT to be how the "manwhore" reveal should have been addressed to Bella.

As a guy who plays the manwhore Full DIK path :devilish:, do I expect the MCs LIs to learn his hard working extracurricular adventures :sneaky:? YES, im fully aware and glad to have consequences for it IF they are done how they should be done. For example, the Jill reveal during Tybalts presentation was so well put together, dare I say perfect. It showed her that the "dating" was WAY more evolved with the others which made her jealous/shy/insecure (like her character). It seemed a natural way of it being known (them slipping up while talking, not the thing where a Huge Dick appears on a college presentation :LOL::LOL:)

Cathy "forgets" her panties after giving a BJ to the MC in Bellas car??? I appreciate long term storytelling as much as the next guy, but this seems such a DPC "let me pull something out of my ass and make it stick" kinda thing... Im pissed about it and shes only 4th on the list out of 6 LIs...

Concluding: Consequences for my actions? YES... Pulling things out of asses just for the fun of it? That aint it DOC :cautious:...
The Cathy panties thing gave me PTSD, like it was written in such a way that it made no sense and the way DPC tied the whole thing up to Bella made you scratch your head. Like that thing made me delete a save I've had for a specific playthrough.

BUT, the Jill blackmail storyline is the worst written one in the game. Like, no other story written in the game makes a character do such a 180 in personality. Like she took matters into her own hands with the Chad ambush thing and didn't take shit from anyone and now she's just retarded and is being led by the nose by the saddest clown on campus, who by the way presented no proof of MC's wrongdoing.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
The Cathy panties thing gave me PTSD, like it was written in such a way that it made no sense and the way DPC tied the whole thing up to Bella made you scratch your head. Like that thing made me delete a save I've had for a specific playthrough.
I thought this situation was obvious as fuck. As soon as she took them off I thought, "Ah, Chekhov's panties, we are so fucked."

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

BUT, the Jill blackmail storyline is the worst written one in the game. Like, no other story written in the game makes a character do such a 180 in personality. Like she took matters into her own hands with the Chad ambush thing and didn't take shit from anyone and now she's just retarded and is being led by the nose by the saddest clown on campus, who by the way presented no proof of MC's wrongdoing.
actually, seen and seen again, the scene in the car with Bella is not bad (omitting the possibility of a relationship with Jill), but the premise of Cathe and her shifty panties remains ridiculous.

unfortunately Tybalt's blackmail for me has killed Jill's character, I hope there will be a resurrection, at the end a good scene (possibly without smiles) would be enough, but it will be difficult

Last edited:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
actually, seen and seen again, the scene in the car with Bella is not bad (omitting the possibility of a relaizone with Jill), but the premise of Cathe and her shifty panties remains ridiculous.

unfortunately Tybalt's blackmail for me has killed Jill's character, I hope there will be a resurrection, at the end a good scene (possibly without smiles) would be enough, but it will be difficult
Also, please, no more John Travolta jawline pictures of Jill killing off threesomes with strippers please.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes