ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Josy, punished
:unsure:.
The only 2 word, that my brain was able to process was Josy and Punishment. And That My friend, is always logical :devilish:. The only thing that was not logical, is that so far Josy was not bend over, and MC didn't Spanked her firm ass for being a naughty, naughty, Girl.:devilish:
BeingADIK 2021-11-07 16-13-24-89.png

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, I just wake up and I have a horrible headache, so my brain can only function in limited capacity:ROFLMAO:.
BeingADIK 2021-06-13 10-17-14-42.png

keltboy

Apr 30, 2017
The only 2 word, that my brain was able to process was Josy and Punishment. And That My friend, is always logical :devilish:. The only thing that was not logical, is that so far Josy was not bend over, and MC didn't Spanked her firm ass for being a naughty, naughty, Girl.:devilish:
View attachment 1489298

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, I just wake up and I have a horrible headache, so my brain can only function in limited capacity:ROFLMAO:.
View attachment 1489299
bruh get your Dicky hands of my girl, I see you are not neutral enough to even think of her that way de8uka0-1201047f-88ef-4f53-8f8a-b326ead1c7f2.jpg

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
View attachment 1489298

View attachment 1489299
:oops:I expected you to kick my ass on this one:
are all sluts at BR? is this really your answer to the fact that Jill has friendship only with a teacher? and that she makes friends on the fly with the only girl (who would also answer to the generic identikit of slut... but in the positive sense) towards whom she knows the only boy she has ever been interested in has feelings?

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I just can't get excited by the exaggerated proportions.
I have the same issue, but for me it's more the unrealistically narrow waist and the oddly tiny shoulders that are unnerving.

To my eye, Quinn has the best physique in the game
Yes. Perfect body imho. Flawless bone structure, cute nose, pouty but not Hollywood botox lips, attractive smile, athletic and toned but not overly muscular body, great legs, and a top notch ass. Too bad she isn't a ginger.

Sarah are pretty hot too...).
Sarah has that je ne sais quoi about her, but the body is unremarkable. Pretty much a bean pole. Not quite the jailbait physique of Sally, but not far off. A very lifelike face though. Especially in closeups. I think I've said this before, but she looks like a real person. I swear I've met her in real life. So familiar to me. :unsure:

Bella has the most rivetingly beautiful face, though.
Going to have to disagree on this one. I never found her face all that appealing, but 45 degree angle eyebrows can do that. I will say I think she has natural-looking and pretty lips whereas someone like Jill or Cathy has lips that look borderline ridiculous. Incidentally, both also have the same mini chiclet teeth, which when combined with the clown lips adds to the absurdity.

Postscript about Quinn and her makeup.
Is it a coincidence that the closer she becomes to MC, the less make up she wears when intimate with him (at one point even removing it just prior to lewdness). It's like a metaphor for removing layers of herself, i.e. her emotional walls, to reveal her true self to him.

Nah, changed my mind...just fortuity.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
But the Cathy/Bella situation in episode 7 to this day almost 7 months and probably 5 different playthroughs by now, STILL doesnt make any sense for THAT to be how the "manwhore" reveal should have been addressed to Bella.
When I first saw this scene and the aftermath, at first I thought it was a reference to this meme
8694e655de9b93c38d2d16879270d2c3.jpg

But probably the most logical explanation is that Сathy took off her panties so often in other people's cars that she did it without thinking. Given her social media activity and her intrigues with Jade's husband, this is understandable.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Postscript about Quinn and her makeup.
Is it a coincidence that the closer she becomes to MC, the less make up she wears when intimate with him (at one point even removing it just prior to lewdness). It's like a metaphor for removing layers of herself, i.e. her emotional walls, to reveal her true self to him.

Nah, changed my mind...just fortuity.
So Tommy :devilish:
ep7_quto9.jpg

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The most logical explanation IMHO that my boi Tremolo done her so hard in the car, that she has suffered huge brain damage and could not think about anything for a while after he stopped.
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
in fact this prognosis if confirmed would explain a lot of unexplained behavior... basically Tremolo is lobotomizing them, but he chose not to go through the eye:eek:

• Haha
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ilhares and shazba

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Just to add my thoughts, I know it's rare but sometimes I just need to say things. :p

There are two scenarios:
  • Josy has a friend over and they drink alcohol (that would be illegal since it's been established the legal drinking age is 21 in this game).
  • Josy's dad reacts to this and they get into an argument and Josy lets fly about Monica and the dad takes her phone from her.
or
  • Josy has a friend over and they drink alcohol (that would be illegal since it's been established the legal drinking age is 21 in this game)
  • Josy is caught almost red handed fucking someone in her dad's bed.
  • Josy's dad reacts to this and they get into an argument and Josy lets fly about Monica and the dad takes her phone from her.
Both scenarios result in an argument where Josy starts mouthing off about Monica. This is why she'd be punished. The alcohol too. I'm sure fucking someone in her dad's bed would have only made matters worse, but the punishment fits the crime for both scenarios.

Imagine how these scenarios played out:

Scenario 1 (almost caught riding the meat pole):

Monica: "Josy? Are you home?"​
Josy: "Just a minute, Monica!"​
Pete: "Sweetie? Why have you locked yourself in our bedroom?"​
Josy: "*Whisper* What are you doing!?"​
Fuckface: "*Whisper* I'm panicking!"​
Josy: "*Whisper* Exit through the window!"​
Josy: "*Whisper* Here! Your clothes!!"​
"*Click*"​
Josy: "(FUCK!)"​
Monica: "Josy! What the hell is this!?"​

(everything above was in the game, the below is what could have happened next)​

Monica: "Pete, I don't think you should come in here just yet."​
Pete: "Why not, what's going on, and why is there an empty bottle of wine on the table with some glasses?"​
Pete: "What have you been up to young lady, and why... oh shit, I'm sorry, um..."​
Josy: "Dad!!"​
Monica: "Just wait outside for a minute Pete."​
Monica: "Josy, put some clothes on."​
Josy: "What do you think I'm trying to do, if you hadn't barged in here...!"​
Pete: "You watch your tone there Josy! Are you dressed yet?"​
Monica: "Ok, so you're drinking now?"​
Josy: "What, stop acting like you're my mom, I know you couldn't give a shit about me!"​
Pete: "Josy! Let me handle this dear."​
Pete: "Josy, please don't speak to Monica like that! Since when have you been drinking, and wait a minute, what were you doing naked in our room?"​
Monica: "Pete, there were two glasses on the table, you do the maths..."​
Pete: "Josy? In our bed?"​
Josy: "Let me explain, it's just..."​
Pete: "No this is just unacceptable behaviour, you had no right to..."​
Josy: "Since when do you care about what I do anymore Dad? You only have time for Monica these days..."​
Monica: "Josy dear, that's not how things are..."​
Josy: "Whatever, you only care about that stupid cunt of a son of yours anyway!"​
Monica: "Josy!"​
Pete: "Josy! What's gotten into you?"​
Josy: "You know it's true ever since Monica came into our lives I may as well never have existed! I fucking hate her!"​
Monica: "Oh my god!"​
Pete: "Josy, I will not allow you to talk to her like that! You'll apologise right now and then we'll talk about your drinking, with boys I presume."​
Josy: "Fuck off Dad, I don't want to talk about anything with you two!"​
Pete: "That does it young lady!"​
Josy: "Hey, what are you doing!?"​
Pete: "What does it look like, I'm taking this now and you're not getting it back until you've started behaving better!"​
Pete: "Come back, we haven't finished talking!"​
Josy: "This is bullshit, you can't treat me like a little child, I'm going to my room!"​
Scenario 2 (nothing sexual, just underaged drinking):

(Note we never see anything regarding this option)​
Monica: "Josy? Are you home?"​
Josy: "Yes, I'm just in the kitchen cleaning up."​
Pete: "Hi Sweetie? Looks like you had company tonight."​
Josy: "Yeah, just a friend came over for dinner."​
Monica: "Was it a young man?"​
Josy: "None of your business!"​
Pete: "You watch your tone there Josy! Hmm, what's this empty bottle of wine here?"​
Monica: "Ok, so you're drinking now?"​
Josy: "What, stop acting like you're my mom, I know you couldn't give a shit about me!"​
Pete: "Josy! Let me handle this dear."​
Pete: "Josy, please don't speak to Monica like that! Since when have you been drinking?"​
Josy: "Since when do you care about what I do anymore Dad? You only have time for Monica these days..."​
Monica: "Josy dear, that's not how things are..."​
Josy: "Whatever, you only care about that stupid cunt of a son of yours anyway!"​
Monica: "Josy!"​
Pete: "Josy! What's gotten into you?"​
Josy: "You know it's true ever since Monica came into our lives I may as well never have existed! I fucking hate her!"​
Monica: "Oh my god!"​
Pete: "Josy, I will not allow you to talk to her like that! You'll apologise right now and then we'll talk about your drinking, with boys I presume."​
Josy: "Fuck off Dad, I don't want to talk about anything with you two!"​
Pete: "That does it young lady!"​
Josy: "Hey, what are you doing!?"​
Pete: "What does it look like, I'm taking this now and you're not getting it back until you've started behaving better!"​
Pete: "Come back, we haven't finished talking!"​
Josy: "This is bullshit, you can't treat me like a little child, I'm going to my room!"​
And there you go. Shit escalated wither way, mainly because Josy was already upset with Monica's involvement in her life. The sex, while shocking to her parents, hardly played into it.

And while Josy's pretty chill most of the time, we've seen her spit it before, so it's not entirely out of character once she's gotten worked up:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Character Assessments
Lily
Josy
Sage
Did you really come up with and write all that? Holy shit dude :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: shazba and mindern

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
how is it believable that Josy is punished the same way for two completely different things?

we are even told that her father loves Josy very much, so that he punishes her for having sex in his bed is credible, that he punishes her in the same way for having dinner with someone doesn't make sense to me. the presence of wine changes very little, except for wanting to suddenly turn Josy's father into a faded copy of Maya's one

we are not talking about a 14 year old girl, but about a girl who has worked all summer and who is going to college soon.

at this point I much prefer Warscared 's explanation.... he has punished her for cooking, and if she has made pasta with ketch up it seems to me also little
We don't know that the punishments were exactly the same, just that they both involved cutting off Josy's access to her phone for 4 days (at which point Josy ran off to B&R and the rest was moot). It's possible there were other restrictions that we never hear about because they are not plot relevant.

But I still think you're underestimating just how important the argument with Monica was. We know Josy was a bundle of anxiety leading up to the date (she'd already quit the mini-mart), and we know she responds extremely negatively to her step family. It seems plausible that even a comparatively minor infraction (like a clandestine date) could blow up into a screaming match that would demand some sort of punishment from her parents: adult or not, she's living under their roof and Monica IS her stepmother.

But I think this is an example of the subjective measurement of "realism" I was talking about earlier. You think it's dumb for Josy's punishment to be so similar despite two different crimes. I think it's within reason given Josy's state of mind and family situation. We can each make our own assessment of the situation and agree to disagree. But either way, the game explicitly offers an explanation for why events played out as they do. It's just not fair to accuse it of ignoring the differences simply because you find those explanations inadequate.

I think you have a much better case for Cathy's infamous panties. There, the game does not offer any explanation for Cathy to remove the telltale undergarments in the heat of the moment. Perhaps DPC had an appropriate explanation and cut it, or perhaps he just forgot about it; either way, it's a detail that was not addressed and therefore is an example of poor writing.

But I'd still say that's the exception rather than the rule in this game.

If I'm watching a movie and the first half is a light comedy, I don't expect the second half to become a Nolan movie, it could happen, but statistically I would exclude it.

it has nothing to do with whether i liked it or not. it seems clear to me that the construction of the story told, as a succession of causes and effects, is not the central point of BADIK, the central pivot is the creation of situations with strong emotions, with people crying and running away. this for me is basically a soap opera, if for you this is a definition so degrading was not my intention, teen drama is better? the concept does not change

going back to what I was questioning: I was not referring to the plot itself (in which there are things I like and others that I absolutely do not appreciate), but to a whole series of situations in which the game decides not to take into account, essentially for simplicity, and that's fine, but I do not think you can say that in BADIK every aspect is taken into account, DPC takes into account the choices that serve him
When is that NOT the case? Is Hamlet invalidated simply because Polonius just happened to eavesdrop on Hamlet when he was in a particularly unhinged mood? I'd say no, but there's no question that was was a convenient turn of events for the story. As I said, arguing about whether a given random event is 'realistic' is rarely fruitful. Better to focus on whether those events provoke interesting results.

As far as this being a teen drama, I'm not sure how that's in doubt. BaDIK is a college-based sex farce; outrageous misunderstandings and angsty melodrama are the whole point of the genre. Now if you're saying DPC will sometimes drive his drama up to 11 when cranking it up to 9 would serve the purpose just as well and put less strain on our suspension of disbelief, then I would agree with you. That is DPC's biggest flaw as a writer, IMHO. I just think that on the whole that flaw is still outweighed by his numerous strengths.

Well that certainly wasn't my interpretation. Jill wasn't surprised, she knows Tybalt is being disingenuous (though apparently not that he's trying to get in her pants). But being a sheltered snowflake, she doesn't know how to placate Tybalt without pissing him off & putting the MC at 'risk'. Hence the plea to Bella for help dealing with Tybalt.
Any contrived excuse to smash Tybalt in the balls is totally worth it though.
The thing is that Bella's 'help' seems a lot more likely to piss Tybalt off than Jill nodding and smiling through the dates on her own. Tybalt's intentions may be obvious to everyone but Jill, but in the end he just asked for dates. Jill's suffered through bad dates before, surely she can endure three more of them if that's what it takes to keep the MC in the clear.

The way she all but begs Bella for help definitely gives me the impression that Jill is at her wits end. I can't see how that could be the case unless Jill really is dumber than a box of rocks.

What are the chances of us getting the update next Friday, which is what I'm really hoping for?
Non-existent. Beta testing historically takes 1-2 weeks, but Episode 7 took ~3 weeks. Episode 8 is not only larger, there's also a lot of other material to test thanks to upgrading Ren'Py and the new save transfer system that will be used in Season 3. We should count our blessings if we actually manage to get this by the 19th.

If this game was released in time Shakespeare's times, it would gain more literature quotation, than his work.

Shakespeare's books do not contain great renders and animations, they do not contain any music, no mini-games either. This game and William's books both contain great stories. To sum up it is 4-1 for my fav game.

Why do you write essays trying to compare products of different eras and different genres? This is just totally stupid, you do not understand art because you are trying to formalize it.
Eh, given the state of Elizabethan computing, it probably would not have become nearly as widespread. :p

To be serious for a moment, Shakespeare isn't the giant of English literature for his stories (which were nearly all adaptations of classics or historical fiction propagandizing the current monarch). He was renown for his wordplay (which gave us a ridiculous number of metaphors still in use today), and for his characterization. Despite characterization being one of his strong suits, I don't think Dr. Pink Cake is anywhere near that level of mastery. But falling short of the Bard is hardly a useful metric.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Been through Bella's house about 10 times and don't think I have ever noticed this before. (When you are watering the plants)

Bella 2.png

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
the last two points and then I'll close the speech:

But I still think you're underestimating just how important the argument with Monica was. We know Josy was a bundle of anxiety leading up to the date (she'd already quit the mini-mart), and we know she responds extremely negatively to her step family. It seems plausible that even a comparatively minor infraction (like a clandestine date) could blow up into a screaming match that would demand some sort of punishment from her parents: adult or not, she's living under their roof and Monica IS her stepmother.
it is not my opinion, it is what Josy tells us, will it have its value?

if MC stays she is punished for that, if MC does not stay it is because the parents find the signs of the dinner, of the drinking and from that they establish that there was a boy, then the discussion in both cases will have led to this fight, difficult for a 19 year old girl to accept a punishment serenely, also for the particular situation she was living.

in the story there is this

the quarrel will have been fundamental in preventing the parties from clearing up afterwards, when, for example, the admission to the college had arrived (which Josy's father seems to indicate when he comes to bring her the rest of her things), or to push Josy in a senseless escape, but that she was punished for that has no correspondence in the story told.

That is DPC's biggest flaw as a writer, IMHO. I just think that on the whole that flaw is still outweighed by his numerous strengths.
you keep telling me this, but I have never denied its merits.... but in the plot there are several lightness, nothing that ruins the enjoyment of the game, but I do not see why I should pretend that there are not. instead we seem to be looking for the da vinci code, and we have to process, put the pieces together and the reflections in the pupils

I wrote this:

BADIK is an exceptional entertainment, which is light years from the average of the games of this genre (mainly because of the very low average), and probably will also have a positive effect as an example on other productions.
Been through Bella's house about 10 times and don't think I have ever noticed this before. (When you are watering the plants)

View attachment 1489538
you missed some RP with Bella, nothing fundamental

Skjall

Nov 4, 2017
... I can't see how that could be the case unless Jill really is dumber than a box of rocks...
Dude, she's only an over-sized raccoon. Just because we don't see her rummaging through campus dumpsters at night, doesn't mean she has mental capabilities of a human.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes