SHER!FF

Aug 15, 2019
OK, did the hotfix and deleted cheat detection rpy, but I still can't load a save. Ideas? I'm at wit's end.

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
I've gone through Episode 8 with several different runs, and I think I've seen just about all there is to see without a guide. Now I need to sort out my thoughts on it.

This was definitely a large update. Yet somehow it feels extremely thin, as though the important parts were diluted by an unrelenting stream of high-gloss filler material. Worse, while several scenes were quite nice in and of themselves, the overall character/story progression was handled surprisingly gracelessly.

BaDIK hasn't felt this railroaded since Episode 4. Far too many of our choices were ignored or neutered, seemingly for no reason beyond a lack of imagination by DPC. The titular "crossroads" in the MC's relationships comes not as a natural result of our choices, nor even as the result of an external crisis a la Josy's arrival at the end of Episode 3. No, this crossroad is literally because the MC woke up one day and decided dating multiple girls was unworkable no matter what had been said before. The episode then abruptly ends before the MC can actually implement his decision, meaning there's a high likelihood we're going to be stuck doing this dance all over again as Season 3 unfolds.

As a result, my enthusiasm for Season 3 has diminished significantly. It feels like we're going to be stuck in endless loops as the main story is advanced drip by tiny drip. I've long wanted the MC to be able to commit to a single relationship, but that was always with the assumption that the game would branch sufficiently to reflect those differences. Between the ham-fisted "crossroads" and the revelations in the closing montage, I don't think that's going to happen anymore, and the rate at which it fails to happen is going to be glacially slow. That's not going to sit well as we wait 6+ months for the next installment to clean up this mess.

So yeah, overall I'm pretty down on Episode 8, and the game as a whole. Now let's look at the details, which means spoilers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tl;dr Despite a lot of fun aspects, Episode 8 overall feels like a big step in the wrong direction and I'm no longer eager to play Season 3.
We're gonna have months and months to pull ep. 8 apart and find things we love and maybe hate about it, but I gotta signal boost this post and agree very much with the tl;dr. I really didn't want to come out as negative overall on the episode because make no mistake there are some things that are good, and many things that could potentially be good that we just don't understand fully yet (I'm still not high enough IQ to understand how the path locks are gonna work, eagerly awaiting some big brain takes on it :KEK:) but I have to admit that when I finished the episode I wasn't really happy. This didn't change when I played the other paths either, although I can definitely see how solo Jill and solo Bella players would disagree because their wishes were finally answered for obvious reasons.

As I said I really don't wanna come out as negative on the episode or spoil it for others, and I definitely don't want to get into arguments about how good it was because at the end of the day different people who love different girls will have different opinions and experiences with the game. All that being said, as someone who is mostly concerned with the narrative of the game, I have some very serious issues with how this episode has changed the narrative pacing and the stakes of the story. I feel the LI path locks have come way too early and seemingly in a contrived and arbitrary fashion. I feel DPC has way too many guns on the table and threads to tie up while also introducing more and more cliffhanger bait moments. I feel that the threads that have been resolved do not live up to the impact and hype, like telling Sage about Chad and Troy which results in a few minor scenes and nothing more, despite being the final cliffhanger of episode 7. And lastly, I honestly felt pretty annoyed that the final screen of episode 8 is the Interlude screen with Zoey, which is something similar to finishing Mass Effect 3 and being confronted with a big message from the developer about the upcoming DLC.

So tl;dr I guess go read ename's post because mine is a retread of a lot of that and his tl;dr is better :KEK:

YRS™

May 30, 2020
Anyone tried new android version ? Bcoz previous version had crash issues at the end of episode 7.

lordeatheater

Feb 13, 2019
Getting errors on attempting fresh run of 8.0

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 550, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/screens/mphone_chat_screens.rpyc", line 89, in script
File "season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/screens/mphone_chat_screens.rpyc", line 89, in script
File "renpy/execution.py", line 61, in check_infinite_loop
raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.0
Sat Nov 20 01:24:34 2021

Drearcerberus

Jun 7, 2017
I also can't load my save.

I downloaded the cheat detection and a couple of the other mods and it didn't seem to help. (can't remember if I was cheating.) Any would be appreciated. If I ignore this error, it says something about a nonpatreonconfig.

Below is the error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1100, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1313, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1313, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 771, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "renpy/python.py", line 2200, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2014, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "renpy/python.py", line 1932, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.0
Sun Nov 21 00:29:06 2021

Madridfan

Feb 10, 2018
No harem route? This is a bit disappointing but if i don't see this problem (for me) awesome update ^^

Thami_

Sep 6, 2019
Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can't afford to donate on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers
its a great game and you did such an amazing job, have very important question and that is will there be a Riona path? would so chise hwr over all others and a side note dont mind kinky stuff like gags and others for Mc to explore :)

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Just checked out the good doctor's Patreon page.

I'm pretty sure he just went from 15,180 to 16,199 since dropping this release.

I'm fairly certain all those subscribers didn't decided to throw him $1 each, they were probably looking to download the game.

At $25 a pop for full download privileges, that's 25K he just netted on top of his other mixed bag of 15,000 subscribers!

I'm well on the way to developing my own game too. At least I downloaded DAZ a few months ago anyway... :rolleyes:

its a great game and you did such an amazing job, have very important question and that is will there be a Riona path? would so chise hwr over all others and a side note dont mind kinky stuff like gags and others for Mc to explore :)
The developer doesn't post on this forum anymore. You'd have to subscribe to his Discord if you wanted to chat. That said, I don't think Riona will be a serious love interest, just an OCD side chick with her own story.

Reactions: kazaf and DavDR

NeoJET

Dec 29, 2017
Is it possible enter Sage route in chick affinity at the end of ep8?
I wanna create a Sage-only new save if it's possible, and yes I don't like dik affinity.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes