Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
the small mirror with the steps is for sure for a small child i would guess.
It could be, but it could also be simply for convenience when shaving her legs. I still think there's kid's stuff hidden in that locked room, but we'll see.

senss

Sep 2, 2019
can someone be a real champ and reupload to mega again? the full one and split part 2,3 and 4 are missing:FacePalm:

ultrusviderat

Oct 25, 2019
To me, good twists should feel surprising, but inevitable, such that, you probably couldn't have predicted it before it comes, but when you look back, it couldn't have gone any other way. The
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
twist doesn't feel like that to me, but maybe I'm just not remembering some little parts where hints get dropped and this gets setup. So, hivemind, was this set up beforehand, or was it just completely avoided?

Haremlover52

Aug 6, 2021
Do you mean what will happen if DPC releases a 0.8.2 patch etc.? Same thing, I'll release another unofficial patch.

They're the original scripts etc., it's just a side effect of how I packed the updated files.

The official 0.8.1 patch includes a bunch of stuff which didn't actually change, which is why my 0.8.1 patch is half the size of the official 0.8.1 patch.
I mean if DPC releasing 0.9.0 update, do I still need to wait for your unofficial one or I can just use the official one.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
To me, good twists should feel surprising, but inevitable, such that, you probably couldn't have predicted it before it comes, but when you look back, it couldn't have gone any other way. The
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
twist doesn't feel like that to me, but maybe I'm just not remembering some little parts where hints get dropped and this gets setup. So, hivemind, was this set up beforehand, or was it just completely avoided?
it was always there hinted!

Also finally finished all my playthroughs except the one where we pick Jill and she rejects us but freak it!

got a total of 9 saves for the next chapter!
Also if the interlude is going to be a Female MC i am not playing that shit period!

Reactions: WideRange72

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Imagine Bella just thinks she's married because she's a stalker alla Lorna's character on Orange is the New Black.
In the show she tells her fellow prison inmates she's engaged and she will be marrying once she leaves prison.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: wiwem71072

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
mates, i've playing this game in the last couple a days and i'm loving it but now i went to some kind of a dilemma
on episode 4 (if im not mistaken) you are gonna have a talk with josy and maya and after that talk you have to choose between try something more with that girls or stay friends and go meeting jade
my dilemma is if this choice close the story with those characters
if i choose jade, maya and josy dont have more story with MC? and vice versa, if i choose the girls, i loose my opportunity with jade? or theres more afterwards?

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
I posted a theory on this earlier. Maybe don't look it up. The next Chapter will probably have some big reveals about her former workplace and the closed room in her house. I think i worked it out, but it's better to wait for the next episode.
Totally makes sense that she maybe had a baby that died, or miscarriage. Everyone has been tongue and cheek saying that closed room is like BDSM room or something to that affect, but it might have been a nursery room? And if she's hallucinating her husband, maybe there was some kind of accident that Bella survived, but her husband and child didn't?

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
Ok lets face it... nobody knows about the plans DPC has for BeingaDIK and his future life or projects...

DPC wouldnt be the first and not the last DEV who is gonna do more than one project at once, and he wouldnt be the first or last who will not finish what he has started either...

I have to admit it... playing through the whole game again, it is obvious that the game is growing bigger and bigger and bigger... most of the time i wonder if its even possible to do all that work alone (i doubt it, he needs at least some help for some things...)

Each and every Episode is leaving us with more questions than answers... nearly every character in the game seems to have an deep story behind them and many things are connected in some way we just only can speculate about...

After this episode my concerns that this game will be finished someday in a satisfying state are very very big. I just can get my head around all the things going on in this game and how DPC will be capable to pull all that off to a good roundup and finish...

And its now 3 years in the making, if its true that DPC planned about 4 seasons with all around 16 episodes, than the game will go on at least another 3 years, or to be realistic way more than that, cause i dont think we will get more than one major big update a year from now on. The next bigger episode will be out halloween next year, i have no doubt about that. Before that we will get a short interlude, thats it.

The rumors that DPC is a little burned out about the project are nothing new, and he already confirmed it some way too that he wants to do something else...

Maybe the whole Project is taking its toll now and is growing over his head.

What concerns me even more is the money he makes out of it... to be frank, he doesnt need to work anymore with this kind of income. Hes making around 100.000$ a month just with patreon (and thats a very low guess, i would rather say it could be 200.000$) and is already tired of making the game... he just could do nothing anymore, just do some special renders once in a while to keep patreon alive and thats it... and if he is tired of making this game, this will likley gonna happen, and everybody know how often this happend around here, most VNs around here are abondoned. Even some real big ones with high income.

And in the past he wasnt really open about work-progress... everything was very vague, nobody had a clue whats going on... this will not change. (and is one of many reasons why iam not a sub at patreon for more than 1 payment to get the update)

If you ask me, DPC has just opened up to many sidestories... he has to cut them at half at least... dont drop them but make a short and fast closure to many of them within the next big update.

The Strippers, Riona, Camila, Jade, Cathy... they have to go if he wants to get on a good finish-road soon. Its just too much otherwise. Most of the content in the last updates are fucking-around-scenes with side-chicks... i like many of them (riona is my favorite) But there is just less and less time for the main-LIs and the whole Burke-Drug-Prostitute-story. DPC need to make space for that, and if he will not do it early in the next season iam very sure that the game will not find a good finish in the next 10 years. What will mean no finish at all.

Overall, my bet would be placed that BeingaDIK will never be finished... sadly... the project is just gotten to big for one person and DPC is not the kind of DEV who is looking for help. And if he is tired of the project and wants to do something else, with the money he has made so far and is making, there is nothing what could stop him from just abonding the project...

BeingaDIK is my favorite VN, but if you ask me, its to big now to get finished. Kinda like the Game of Thrones books ^^ We will never see another one ;)
No one is forcing anyone to play the game right now in its unfinished state. Would you rather him not release anything until the game was 100% complete? Let's say it does take him 3 more years to 100% the project. That would be no different than waiting almost 6 years for the first part of Final Fantasy 7 remake after it was first announced. And that release doesn't have the complete FF7 story. But instead we get to play parts of Being a DIK till it is completed instead of waiting the entire time.

twisti46

Sep 25, 2017
Can someone help me out please? (couldn't find anything regarding) Following the mom-dad reminiscences after the "monkey face picture" it keeps repeating the Bella scene. Is that the end of the episode or am I doing something wrong?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
mates, i've playing this game in the last couple a days and i'm loving it but now i went to some kind of a dilemma
on episode 4 (if im not mistaken) you are gonna have a talk with josy and maya and after that talk you have to choose between try something more with that girls or stay friends and go meeting jade
if i choose jade, maya and josy dont have more story with MC? and vice versa, if i choose the girls, i loose my opportunity with jade? or theres more afterwards?
nobody knows for sure

if you decide to remain friends with them, or get rejected, in the next chapter you can confess to Derek that you still have feelings for one of the two, thus effectively opening up the possibility of a single relationship with either girl.

but from the fifth chapter to date, for those who choose that path there is very little, some dialogue and some slightly different scenes

Reactions: JohnnyBlazePT

kidomasa

Jul 6, 2019
As of right now (ep 1-8) choosing Jade or being in friendly term with Josy Maya will close out all romantic attempt on them. You can still perform friendly action toward them but if you try to flirt, they will turn you down. This also apply to Jade, she will be angry with you for the rest of the story if you chose Josy and Maya.

Reactions: JohnnyBlazePT

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
nobody knows for sure

if you decide to remain friends with them, or get rejected, in the next chapter you can confess to Derek that you still have feelings for one of the two, thus effectively opening up the possibility of a single relationship with either girl.

but from the fifth chapter to date, for those who choose that path there is very little, some dialogue and some slightly different scenes
I think it depends on if they rejected you, or if you rejected them. I could see DPC giving the MC one more chance to be in Poly relationship with them. But honestly, it's not that hard to do multiple playthroughs and just do both paths. Even the Mod where you can do both in one playthrough is an option.

wakkawalla

Mar 7, 2021
I've been avoiding jumping into the What's Under the Door pool until now, but here it goes:

It's not her husband, but rather it's the picture that was hanging in the reading room. We see it for the first time during our drunken exploration. It's on the left-side wall:
View attachment 1115898

Then, it was on the floor the day after the whole M&J saga:
View attachment 1115902

That evening, Bella glanced at it while they were walking out of the room:
View attachment 1115908

The morning after the Cathy drama, it's gone. This is the same morning MC glances under the door.
View attachment 1115920 #post-7009432

In the enhanced screenshots several folks have posted of what's under the door, it looks like the shoes are the bottom part of a picture in a frame with a cloth on the floor in front of it, which might have been covering it up and then removed by Bella so she could look at the picture.

As for what the picture is, now you're talking wild theory territory. But what the hell - I'll go there, too. It's her kid. The shoes could be Chuck Taylors or even hiking boots. The stepping stool and low mirror in the bathroom are obviously for a child. And, the shirt she loaned MC for yoga was short, maybe for a pre-teen. How old was the kid in the picture? Where did he (yes, gender assumed) go? Why is she packing away stuff that reminds her of him? And what's the deal with the axe (ok, probably unrelated)?

The answer to all is "I don't give a crap." Of my 9 saved routes, Bella's will always be the first I play through when updates are released. And I can say that with the confidence of knowing she's not hiding a corpse or an invalid next to her downstairs bathroom.
^
|

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
oh i wish but not you can not get rid of them, they are like a rash after a night out where you passed out due to alchoolic coma! you hope it goes away but its most likely herpes and it will stay with you for the rest of your life showing up whenever you are under extreme stress to add into your shit!

in many ways its like having kids you think you gonna get rid of them by the age of 18 but they never go away...

So do not worry you can never get rid of M&J no matter how hard you try!

also do 2 saves to play both paths!

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Finally confirmed this! Not pursuing Quinn but choosing Others has an image of MC alone with a tree and lake in the background.

Quinn definitely singled out in the end screens. Says a lot, I think.
Now I want to see which girl appears if you don't persuade Quinn

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes