RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I guessing there isn't a way to pick and choose minigames, is there? The mansion rebuilt seem like it's up my alley, but everything else doesn't really interest me.

Reactions: DavDR

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I mean if DPC releasing 0.9.0 update, do I still need to wait for your unofficial one or I can just use the official one.
You can use DPC's.
As cold_arctus said, the unofficial patch won't cause any conflict with 0.9.

The next release will be a separate game (new binary/game id), there won't be any need for an update patch to go from 0.8 to 0.9.
Because the game is getting pretty big, and Ren'Py is getting pushed to its limits in some areas, I want to make a new binary for Season 3.

What this means is that after you have completed episode 8, and thus Season 2, you will save your game in a menu and continue your game using another .exe/.app file.

Making a new binary has the added benefit that the initial episodes for Season 3 will have a smaller download size, and you shouldn't have to redownload Season 1 and 2 every update.

If you're getting confused by this, think of this as the same game, only sliced into another part.
That's why this version has that custom save transfer thing at the end. So the saves from Season 1-2 (Episodes 1-8) can be imported into 0.9 by DPCs code.

Reactions: cold_arctus

Selek

Aug 1, 2019
No one can be sure, of course, but I'm betting DPC will finish Being a DIK. Even if it takes another 3 years or so, that still leaves time for more projects, and there's no guarantee those will be as popular as this. BaDIK has a setting and vibe that may be uniquely appealing. I thought Acting Lessons was far less interesting (and I say this as one who didn't mind the story twists that seem to upset others). If I were advising DPC, I'd advise him to stay the course -- maybe taking breaks as necessary to avoid burnout.

I saw this episode as a signal that the game has an endgame. The separate endings may reflect technical considerations: he may need relatively clean saves to begin Season 3. But the endings also simplify the bidding going forward. Four or five separate choices doesn't mean four or five times as much content. For example, after the breakfast scene, I played four storylines out to the end, and most of the scenes were identical. Sure, there were a couple unique sex scenes, both of which must have taken a ton of work. But most of the rest was the same from one playthrough to the next. And some or all storylines could easily merge. Sure, there are a lot of loose ends. But loose ends can be tied up, even in one long finale if need be.

Pet peeves: a "dorm" is a building. A "dorm room" is someone's room in a dorm. DPC seems to think a "dorm" is a dorm room. Also, he writes "economy" when he means "economics" or "finance", it seems.

I liked episode 8. Extensive thoughts below. I used spoiler tags on the off chance that some readers haven't encountered every spoiler here already!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Still and all, a terrific update.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
yeah we talked a bit about the whole Bella thing... my theory is this...

she is suffering from a great trauma/loss, maybe her husband just left and is missing or he died, or even worse childloss, which is kind of the worst but the most plausible thing at this state... cause just look into her bathroom.
View attachment 1515737
the small mirror with the steps is for sure for a small child i would guess.

and in the starting scene from ep8 we witness a kind of flashback... but there are some strange things, for one, her Boss just sends her home, kind of concerned and dont react to the husband, after that Bella is talking to james outside and is strangely watched from a guy on a bench... like something seems off... conclusion, she just was hallucinating back than, talking to herslef, the boss was concerned and send her home, outside Bella was still talking to herself and imagening that James is by her side, so the guy on the bench is watching her strangely, cause Bella is just talking with herself... At the time of this flashback, James must have been already gone... and Bella got a mental illnes. Like being shizo.

in her locked room i would gues is a kind of refugium, maybe some things from her passed child, or things from the husband in it... she was married, but i think she lost her husband and a child and is heavily suffering from it.
Locked room could be like "Jane Eyre" or whatever Victorian tear jerker we had to read in high school and her husband went crazy and she's got him locked in there chained to a bed :unsure: ;) :ROFLMAO:

Srprisco377

Nov 13, 2021
In being a dik, what can I do in the part where the mac has to call his dad in the freeroam but he won't let me because he has a bug and the icon to call him doesn't appear, does anyone know how to solve it?

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
Its always a bitter sweet moment when we get to play the new episode. Exited to play it but knowing we have to wait around 6 months for a new ep is torture lol. I just wish the dev would hire some help to speed up the process.

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
Sadly this just happened. I just kept going and going and then a notice appeared after the game ended and then an award on my desk. Screenshot (171).png

ciabello

Jul 17, 2018
All i have to say is i love this game and the quality of the scenes is never seen before i guess.

That said, a quick question to those who have better memory than me about the preview for next chapter:

Feb 29, 2020
So has there been many posts of people being butt hurt with Sage for not telling you her parents are Jade and Professor Burke and being Tybalt's sister (adopted or not)?
You know like how people were butt hurt by Josy and Maya being in a relationship when you first met them.
Or is this somehow different because you're not dicking down Tybalt?

You all know damn well you assumed Sages dad was that old red haired beatnick talking to the 2 preps when MC had to choose if he was a recent grad or an alum or whatever.

• Angry
Reactions: rockie

ciberma7865

Jan 13, 2020
That is a pretty good reason emotionally, but it just doesn't pass the logic test. Your Mother's maiden name is something that comes up in all kinds of legal documents in life. While it makes perfect sense that he would reject his Mother's family, because of his Dad, he would still know her name.
Yes and no. I had a friend that didn't fill any legal documents before he was 23(the year he started working) so will it is very (VERY) uncommun it's not impossible. So if it is possible you can apply a plot armor on it (even if it's a shitty explanation on that we can probably agree), and as i said before MC is so dense (and stupid) that he miss a lot of "common" sense.

Reactions: DavDR

kidomasa

Jul 6, 2019
All i have to say is i love this game and the quality of the scenes is never seen before i guess.

That said, a quick question to those who have better memory than me about the preview for next chapter:

That is Zoey, MC ex-girlfriend, he told Bella about in the cafeteria.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
So has there been many posts of people being butt hurt with Sage for not telling you her parents are Jade and Professor Burke and being Tybalt's sister (adopted or not)?
You know like how people were butt hurt by Josy and Maya being in a relationship when you first met them.
Or is this somehow different because you're not dicking down Tybalt?

You all know damn well you assumed Sages dad was that old red haired beatnick talking to the 2 preps when MC had to choose if he was a recent grad or an alum or whatever.
Nope! I have been a staunch advocate of the Jade/Sage parental relationship for about two years now. And this is my victory lap!

Nov 4, 2018
Here is my unofficial android port of Being a DIK v0.8.1 + scrappy's Mod
  • Mega
Grant permission for 2nd persistent save location.

Join my
Won't install on my android,
In fact it was crashing my System UI when trying to.

Could just be my phone,
No clue.

Sep 29, 2021
Nope! I have been a staunch advocate of the Jade/Sage parental relationship for about two years now. And this is my victory lap!
I was a advocate of the obnoxious topknot guy at the party being her dad, he's probably Areith's dad, same kinda clueless attitude, but I still think knowing what we know now the best time to reveal the Sage/Jade connection was right after we decked Tybalt.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes