horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
I see people speculating about Zoey joining to the HOTs or even the DIKs (I assume the last as a joke). Well, when Tremolo tells his story to Bella, he says "Over a year ago, she left town for San Diego..." "She asked me to come with her, but I chose to stay with my dad and finish high school".

So Zoey didn´t even graduated in high school, assuming Tremolo and her are the same age. She can´t be a student in B&R and so can´t be a HOT. I don´t see how, credibly, a girl that is not a student of a college would be a part of a plot centered in that college. I though that a way to make her fix into Tremolo´s world around B&R was if she becomes one of the girls of Pink Rose and a friend of Lily, or something like that. But I suppose she should be at least 21 for that, and she probably is about 19. My bet is she´s going to be a character only for the interlude and will continue her life after that. Or did DPC say that she will have a relevant role in the plot in the future?
she could have technically taken her G.E.D test and graduated that way I am sure B&R accept G.E.D certificates to enter college.

Reactions: Ilhares

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
It's about staying positive or at least optimistic. Having to wait who knows how many more months until the the interlude episode or episode 9 drops while fussing and bitching about Zoey is going suck. I doubt many are going to choose or prefer Zoey over the girl they've spent the past 8 episodes pursuing, however it won't hurt to have players end up liking her and look forward to whatever role she may end up playing in the game moving forward.
You're right, it wouldn't hurt. It will just be hard to accomplish when the cast is already so large and so much better developed.

I see people speculating about Zoey joining to the HOTs or even the DIKs (I assume the last as a joke). Well, when Tremolo tells his story to Bella, he says "Over a year ago, she left town for San Diego..." "She asked me to come with her, but I chose to stay with my dad and finish high school".

So Zoey didn´t even graduated in high school, assuming Tremolo and her are the same age. She can´t be a student in B&R and so can´t be a HOT. I don´t see how, credibly, a girl that is not a student of a college would be a part of a plot centered in that college. I though that a way to make her fix into Tremolo´s world around B&R was if she becomes one of the girls of Pink Rose and a friend of Lily, or something like that. But I suppose she should be at least 21 for that, and she probably is about 19. My bet is she´s going to be a character only for the interlude and will continue her life after that. Or did DPC say that she will have a relevant role in the plot in the future?
I suppose it's possible Zoey completed high school while out west (or got something like a GED). Still, I agree she's probably not going to be another student. I sincerely hope she doesn't end up at the Pink Rose. however. We've already had to drop poor Brandi to make room for all the strippers, we do not need an 8th.

We'll have to see where Zoey winds up.

Reactions: Marley300

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
No, 18 is legal for strippers in the US.
So... you need to be 21 to be a client, but only 18 to be a striper? :ROFLMAO:
Well, that makes my theory more credible. Young, good body, tattoos, piercings, blue hair, badass pose and probably in need for money... That girl is meat for Pink Rose :LOL:

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
I don't know, I have a hard time believing that Zoey showing up will be a one off and then she's gone again, she will probably stick around unless there's an option to ignore her and she just fades back into the background again.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The game is a comedy, often the events are bordering on ridiculous (a lot of Derek's hijinks), so while the drama is to be taken somewhat seriously, I don't think it's meant to be all that stressful.

People are constantly panicking that the college is gonna burn down and the mc will only be able to save 1 our of the 20+ girls, but this game really isn't headed in that direction.

It's fun to theorise so many things as the game has heaps of open ended details that are slowly being closed, but it's pretty safe to say that none of it matters.

Of all the drama, Maya's oppressive father is probably the biggest issue. In real life, this would be a source of significant depression for Maya, and as a friend of Maya's, the mc would be quite sympathetic.

In real life, all the other drama can typically be ignored:
  • The mc pretty much ignored Tybalt's threat and kept seeing Jill anyway,
  • The jocks are no big drama for the mc, he's put them in their place a number of times (I'm not convinced they trashed the DIK's mansion),
  • Burke poses no issue towards the mc,
  • Quinn is either the mc's friend or she just ignores him; and
  • At the moment, Vinny is nothing.
So basically it's just a fun ride. DPC gave his disclaimer at the beginning because, depending on your personal experience, some delicate subjects are breached, but, contrary to popular belief, I don't think he's planning to destroy the players' souls.
I do not agree, there are many comic moments (those starring Arieth, Tybalt and Derek), but the most important moments are all highly dramatic, the stories of the main protagonists have all their load of drama

- Mc motherless and with a bullied past
- Bella with a "broken" marriage and other connected dramas to be discovered
- Maya despised and controlled by her father
- Jill has lost a sister as a girl
- Sage with a difficult past and a present carattirized by a relationship in which she was only used as a cover and a father who is her worst enemy
- Josy is doing a little better, she just has an unhappy relationship with the new part of her family
- Quinn has a terrible past and a present downhill towards damnation

and these are not nuances of their characterization, they are an integral part of who they are and how they act

in the relationships with the LIs is a constant crying, screaming and running away

but in addition to the protagonists, the main elements of the story are not light, we are talking about prostitution, drugs, the fight between dealers for the market, blackmail, threats etc.

going back to the starting point, Jill's blackmail, to be comical is Tubalt but not the blackmail, at least in the way it is presented, Jill actually leaves MC, telling him that she will not be able to see him anymore. is it funny? at the most it is pathetic, but it is not funny. of course the serious part of the blackmail all ends in the sixth chapter...

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

if she was about to start college she would have gone to BR and not to see Neil.

However, I also believe that she will be a constant presence.

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
she could have technically taken her G.E.D test and graduated that way I am sure B&R accept G.E.D certificates to enter college.
If DPC tells us that she abandoned high school to go to San Diego and became a surfer, got a lot of tattoos and a boyfriend, but instead of partying at the beach, posing for social media and "living life", like Tremolo says, she was studying hard on her own to graduate with grades high enough to be accepted in B&R, I will call "Bullshit!" :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, even if she has that GED certificate and good grades, she could enter in B&R the next course. I don´t think she could be accepted in October.

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
What does the interlude mean for the update cycle
Only DPC knows at this point. The common assumption is that adding an interlude will increase the wait until Episode 9, but one way DPC could mitigate that is by splitting up the workflow for the interlude and E9. He's already said that the interlude will have few if any lewd scenes and will mostly focus on story elements. Given that lewd scenes are the bulk of the render time for each episode and the fact that he has multiple rendering machines, he could use one to render whatever sex scenes he has planned for E9 while relying on the other to cook everything for the interlude. This would require more planning on his part - he'd have to hash out the sex scenes for E9 early on, probably within the next few weeks or so if he really wanted to get a jump on things - but would result in what I believe is his desired effect of having a more frequent content release cycle that doesn't also lengthen the cycle itself.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
If DPC tells us that she abandoned high school to go to San Diego and became a surfer, got a lot of tattoos and a boyfriend, but instead of partying at the beach, posing for social media and "living life", like Tremolo says, she was studying hard on her own to graduate with grades high enough to be accepted in B&R, I will call "Bullshit!" :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, even if she has that GED certificate and good grades, she could enter in B&R the next course. I don´t think she could be accepted in October.
fair, maybe she doesn't get in by October, but she work's or does take her G.E.D when she comes back to town.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I do not agree, there are many comic moments (those starring Arieth, Tybalt and Derek), but the most important moments are all highly dramatic, the stories of the main protagonists ahnno all their load of drama

- Bella with a "broken" marriage and other dramas to be discovered
- Sage with a difficult past and a present carattirized by a relationship in which she was only used as a cover and a father who is her worst enemy
- Josy is doing a little better, she just has an unhappy relationship with the new part of her family

and these are not nuances of their characterization, they are an integral part of who they are and how they act

in the relationships with the LIs is a constant crying, screaming and running away

but in addition to the protagonists, the main elements of the story are not light, we are talking about prostitution, drugs, the fight between dealers for the market, blackmail, threats etc.

going back to the starting point, Jill's blackmail, to be comical is Tubalt but not the blackmail, at least in the way it is presented, Jill actually leaves MC, telling him that she will not be able to see him anymore. is it funny? at the most it is pathetic, but it is not funny. of course the serious part of the blackmail all ends in the sixth chapter...
But every item you've listed has already happened. There is nothing to be done about them:
  • Mc motherless and with a bullied past - just back story, we don't need to care and do anything about it.
  • Bella with a "broken" marriage and other dramas to be discovered - still nothing for us to care about, just information pending.
  • Maya despised and controlled by her father - this is the item I referenced above as the only serious, active drama.
  • Jill has lost a sister as a girl - nothing we can do about it
  • Sage with a difficult past and a present characterized by a relationship in which she was only used as a cover and a father who is her worst enemy - her family relationship doesn't really sound like a big deal, Chad's using her as cover was resolved simply.
  • Josy is doing a little better, she just has an unhappy relationship with the new part of her family - no big deal at all, even her relationship with Tommy isn't posing any kind of issue.
  • Quinn has a terrible past and a present downhill towards damnation - From the look on her face at the end of ep8, she's pretty happy, her only concern is her turnover.
So like I mentioned, the game touches on delicate subjects (death in a family, unfaithfulness, possible mental health issues, sexual orientation bigotry), but none of them, except Maya's predicament, require us to actually care.

The drug dealing and prostitution story arc is a little menacing, but there's no immediate threat to anyone other than Quinn, but this is the one story arc (involving Vinny) that I can see has the potential to get darker.

A note regarding the blackmail, Jill doesn't really leave the mc. She's still with him as much as, or even more than, previous episodes. They play DnG together (Tybalt even catches them and Sally tells him to fuck off), they go running together, they almost make-out in her room. His blackmail had no real consequences.

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
I do not agree, there are many comic moments (those starring Arieth, Tybalt and Derek), but the most important moments are all highly dramatic, the stories of the main protagonists have all their load of drama

- Bella with a "broken" marriage and other connected dramas to be discovered

Truth is, DPC seems to set big dramas along the story, that actually are easily solved. Quinn being short of money seemed to be a big issue, with her aggression and all, but at the end she got the money from the girls of Pink Rose and the drama ended up in nothing. Jill being blackmailed seemed to be a big issue, but at the end she grows a pair, sends Tyb to hell and not even the help of Tremolo is needed. Cathy´s cluck seemed to be a big issue, but at the end it only had mild consequences. Cathy is happy with her new job and the DIKs dodged the bullet. The thrashing of the house seemed to be a big issue, but at the end was resolved. Chad being gay seemed to be a big issue, but at the end Sage had a mature attitude (way more mature than Chad's) and the drama ended up in nothing. Maya´s drama seemed to be a big issue, but we all know that the money of Sage´s daddy will solve it, even if there is some kind of struggle...

Maybe DPC is fooling us. He likes drama, that´s for sure. The ending of his previous game proves that. But probably he has learned his lesson after the criticism for that ending. It seems that he sets what at first sight seem to going to be big troubles with dramatic consequences, but at the end are only storms into a glass of water.

At first sight, I can´t see how Isabella´s and Quinn´s plotlines could end well. Apparently, DPC seems to be preparing us for another terrible ending, with Isabella having a mayor psychological break down or even committing suicide, and Quinn in jail or even being killed by drug dealers. But I don´t know. Maybe is just DPC mistaking the general tone of the story and being overdramatic, and at the end all those dramas will be solved. Probably with the intervention of Tremolo´s golden heart and magic cock ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: RukiRG

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
so Josy working at the store doesn't count?
Josy doesn't work at the store anymore, she's a college student. College students in DIKworld don't have jobs, they get their money from highly unlikely schemes or as handouts from rich people or they steal it from friends rooms. It's one of the 10,000 things that make no sense in DIKworld.

Reactions: wakkawalla
Jan 15, 2019

But why even interlude then ?
Interlude is irrelevant and useless if her past/future had no impact in main story

Reactions: ename144

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
So... you need to be 21 to be a client, but only 18 to be a striper? :ROFLMAO:
Well, that makes my theory more credible. Young, good body, tattoos, piercings, blue hair, badass pose and probably in need for money... That girl is meat for Pink Rose :LOL:
You would only need to be 21 to be a client if they serve alcohol. You might need to be 21 to work because of the alcohol, but no necessarily. Underage people work in bars fairly often, they just can't drink. There are plenty of strip clubs, at least in my town, where there is no alcohol (around here, if their is booze it's topless only; but if it's dry it can be full nude).

It's all a bunch of puritanical nonsense, of course, but since most legislators are old men, they all want 18 year old strippers. Cause, you know, they don't want anyone with enough life experience to tell them to fuck off when they try to take advantage of a new dancer.

I always thought that Lily was in the 18-19 range, but now that I think about it there is nothing I can remember in the game saying as much.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes