Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I think we need to reevaluate the length of Sage's relationship with Chad. We assume it's nearly two years old because Sage was clearly smitten with Chad in the Episode 5 flashback, but consider this line from Episode 8:
View attachment 1571000

I think it's more likely that Chad spent a long time turning Sage down, and only accepted (rather suddenly) when he felt like he needed an official girlfriend for some reason. If so, there's a good chance Chad needed a beard coincided with whatever happened to Troy. Troy was still with the Jocks in Tommy's story of him fucking Arieth, which was "a year ago."

So I'd say the relationship between Chad and Sage lasted at most ~1 year, and possibly less. It's still way to long for him not to have mentioned that he was gay, but it does make Sage's dry spell a little less egregious.

Eh, it seems fairly straightforward to me. As Sage says, she wants to stand on her own two feet, and as a result has developed a habit of simply refusing help from her parents. It would make sense that her parents responded by INSISTING on helping her, which in turn convinced Sage to avoid interacting with them as much as practical to minimize their opportunity to insist. It's a sort of vicious cycle of virtue.

Ehhh, I'm not seeing it. I could easily see Troy sending the pics to Dawe if he somehow had access to them, but I don't buy that it's as easy as hacking Arieth's phone (since she didn't take most of the pictures). And I guess I could see him sending a letter to Chad in the hopes of convincing him the secret couldn't be kept so he might as well admit the truth and leave the closet.

But I can't see him sending both letters together. It maximizes the chance that someone else might open Chad's letter, which would be disastrous. It would also maximize Chad's effort to figure out who sent the letters (which would be counterproductive from Troy's perspective) while minimizing the chance Chad will get introspective about how viable the secret is (which IS what Troy wants).

So I'd say Troy is just about last on my list of suspects for the letters at the moment.
shazba you two seem like the rational choices for this!

what if Sage needs to be adopted because Stephen is the MC`s uncle? or as in one of my theories before dalli_x so rudely stole the job of crazy theory guy from me.... he is the MC true natural father?

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
yes you´re spanish and he is argentinian with a hate hard on for Chile so i guess you both understand each other now go put your novelas into personal dm´s and let the rest of the forum users enjoy the regular shitstorm!

pendejos!
I have friends from Spain and I understand that he would be a "Cunado/Cunao" The word is misspelled because I don't have the N with the symbol above on my keyboard

Cunao is used to call the person who thinks about everything without knowing it, although he believes that he knows everything and is smarter than the others.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Of course he or his boyfriends report posts.
As soon as I got into some discussions with him 2/3 days ago my posts were deleted.
Before that I talked with few others people about their problematic waifu and nothing, there was not a single post deleted soo... :LOL:
Have a conversation with anybody, no posts deleted, have a conversation with cockboy, posts deleted.

Sup m4zy?

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
Yeah, Sage is just your fuckbuddy. She's the guaranteed sex scene. She just becomes a part of the background. Same as the in-game phone: check messages, fuck Sage, play Brawler, fuck Sage, read Rooster, fuck Sage, repeat. Meanwhile, you're going after Maya, Bella, Josy, Jill, etc. And you're not paying any attention to the cute, funny, hot, intelligent, sarcastic, little redhead with her Chad problem that slowly falls in love with you...

The moment I had to choose between a sweet innocent Jill who planned something for your birthday, or going to help a sick Sage, and I choose to go to Sage; I knew she succeeded in pulling me into whatever drama the game is going to introduce. Sage is a landmine. A landmine that I somehow can't seem to get my DIK out of.
I mean, it's not like I'd want to get my DIK out of her either tbf.... I'm content just being together with the best girl *shrugs*

Eh, it seems fairly straightforward to me. As Sage says, she wants to stand on her own two feet, and as a result has developed a habit of simply refusing help from her parents. It would make sense that her parents responded by INSISTING on helping her, which in turn convinced Sage to avoid interacting with them as much as practical to minimize their opportunity to insist. It's a sort of vicious cycle of virtue.
I went ahead and replayed the part where she talks about her family back in Episode 5/6 (idk since my save slots are completely filled and I have a load point for many moments in the game) and it seems I was in the wrong. She never said that she had a bad relationship with her family; all she said was that she couldn't talk about her emotions to Stephen and Jade. She couldn't open up and as a result bottled up her feelings.

I have a vague feeling that the reason Sage was adopted could have something to do with their marriage being on the verge of collapse all those years ago, quite possibly because of Stephen cheating (as always), and that the reason why they never really discuss emotions is because they see Sage as a marriage aid and proof of commitment, which is why they continue to force help on her. They're responsible for bringing her in and caring for her, but might not care so much about her feelings since they picture her as a mere tool to keep their marriage together.

The reason why she's thankful is because they've cared for her up till college, and given her all that they thought a growing woman should have in order to grow healthily. But that's it. She's just thankful and grateful. She wants to prove to them that she's become independent and doesn't need to rely on them anymore. In no dialogue does she say that she loves them or cares for them deeply. She just wants to repay them for helping her in what could've possibly been a dark period of her life.

Either that or a) they just thought emotions are a weakness and wanted to stop her from thinking about them as much as possible to raise a strong woman; b) they were emotionally detached from their family.

All of this is just speculation though.

screenshot0229.png

screenshot0230.png

screenshot0231.png

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I always thought that Sage's sentence referred to sex.
anyway, it doesn't change much if it's 2 years or less than a year, it's still an absurdly long time for a fake and unrequited relationship, especially for a hot character like Sage (who with MC doesn't last a minute after promising to be willing to wait months...).

i'm pretty sure we won't get a more precise answer on the question, so let's just get it over with and be at peace.
I'm certain we will eventually get a more precise answer, because eventually we will learn why Chad agreed to the fake relationship and that will probably give us a specific inciting incident. Probably still won't be an exact date, but closer than we have now. Whether that changes much will depend on when it turns out to be, but I suspect you are correct and it will be long enough ago to make Sage's patience seem absurd.

As for the threatening letters, the prime suspects for me are Melanie and Sara (perhaps with Troy's encouragement), so how many people must still be involved?
their guilt will be because of that

Dawe is probably collateral damage to disperse suspicion
No, it can't be Mel and Sarah for the same reasons it can't be Troy. Worse even, since Troy at least has a known grudge against Dawe. Plus, we have reason to believe that Mel, unlike Troy, was openly campaigning for Chad to break up with Sage and would eventually succeed. It's just barely possible that Mel was secretly blackmailing Chad into the breakup, but given the look between her and Chad when Sage was punching him, and the fact he was in her room during the HOT party, all signs suggest Chad knows that she knows his secret.

Given that, Mel and Sarah sending the letters is at best useless and at worst disastrously counterproductive.

Reactions: RukiRG

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Of course he or his boyfriends report posts.
As soon as I got into some discussions with him 2/3 days ago my posts were deleted.
Before that I talked with few others people about their problematic waifu and nothing, there was not a single post deleted soo... :LOL:
https://f95zone.to/threads/general-rules-updated-2021-08-01.5589/

Talking about users is generally against the rules, so complaining that your posts are deleted is like pissing against the wind.
and here the moderators pass by very often

We are on the BADIK thread let's talk about BADIK

p.s. i am not saying this to you, i am saying it in general;)
I'm going back to hating Derek.:cool:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
No, it can't be Mel and Sarah for the same reasons it can't be Troy. Worse even, since Troy at least has a known grudge against Dawe. Plus, we have reason to believe that Mel, unlike Troy, was openly campaigning for Chad to break up with Sage and would eventually succeed. It's just barely possible that Mel was secretly blackmailing Chad into the breakup, but given the look between her and Chad when Sage was punching him, and the fact he was in her room during the HOT party, all signs suggest Chad knows that she knows his secret.

Given that, Mel and Sarah sending the letters is at best useless and at worst disastrously counterproductive.
it is not blackmail, at most it is threats

It seems less credible to me that there are multiple forces all out to get Chad to come out of the closet, which Melanie and Sara are clearly not doing for Sage's benefit.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
View attachment 1570608
Have you noticed that Jade treats Chad badly? When Steven defends him as his daughterr's boyfriend, Jade on the contrary wants him to be punished. If you recall Sage's words that her mother told her that Chad is gay..

.How did Jade even know about this? The only explanation is that MC is not the first person Jade has molested. Maybe Chad was the first one she started molesting and it wasn't a problem for her.
But Chad reacted to this not as a guy, but as a gay. He wasn't staring at her like MC. Then maybe Jade will continue to fuck with MC behind her daughter's back.
I definitely noticed that, and I asked myself a few questions as well.

We know that Sage's communication with her parents is problematic. What if Jade, who either knows or suspects that Chad is gay, wants to help her daughter by getting rid of Chad? Could Maya and Derek be involved in this? Maybe Chad even teamed up with Jade, Maya and Derek to steer Sage as gently as possible to another man.:unsure:

It's strange that the MC meets Sage and he can immediately help her against Chad. They get to talking and Sage is obviously taken with the MC. Sage leaves and Derek is there. Then they can immediately choose between Cathy and Jade. Riona tells the DIKs that the MC has made a pass at Sage. This is a choice that the player can refuse. Later, Tommy also tells the MC to choose Sage. Somehow, it also always happens that the MC ends up with Sage.:unsure:

Everyone wonders why Chad tells Jade, Maya and Derek about his homosexuality. Jade is a feminist. Feminism is not lesbianism, it means the right of all people to be equal and have equal rights. So Jade is the perfect interlocutor for Chad. She tries to help in her own way. After the MC chooses Jade in EP1, these dreams begin. Is the MC perhaps being tested to see if he is gay? Also Sage mentions something similar at the prep party in EP5. :unsure:

I think Jade could also be a key figure behind solving a whole issue.:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: RukiRG and Redd23

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
shazba you two seem like the rational choices for this!

what if Sage needs to be adopted because Stephen is the MC`s uncle? or as in one of my theories before dalli_x so rudely stole the job of crazy theory guy from me.... he is the MC true natural father?
First of all, it's nonsense that Sage had to be adopted because Stephen is the MC's uncle. Stephen could have fathered her anyway. makes no sense. :rolleyes:

I, that is me, is supposed to have stolen a theory about kinship from you. Just me, who makes everyone in BaDIK relatives. Me. Wow. :rolleyes:

Do you even know the two three clues that could connect Stephen and the MC?:unsure:

Please leave me my crazy theories.(y)

Reactions: Ahx and RukiRG

kyrlian

May 26, 2017
the strictly plot issues are fine if they are discovered when they're supposed to be (if anything they're built a little more elegantly than "fuck, fuck, fuck!!!"), but all those time bombs about the LIs that we know they're going to have to explode and are put off on purpose so they can have their moment of glory completely numbs the narrative for me
That is definitely a problem of episodic development. But as we were talking about earlier if you are a new player and play the game from start to finish it will not look that bad. The problem is waiting two years for a plot point to resolve lol.

when Bella's husband will appear, or his destiny and history will be made known, it will be like receiving Christmas greetings from a fourth degree aunt
That effect will depend heavily on the nature of the mistery. Big misteries tend to dissapoint people when they are finally revealed because they have been thinking about crazy theories for months.

But it still can change things a lot. What if he is alive and comes back when the relationship is at full speed. Stranded husband cliche #1: he stumbles in the room after a romantic evening with both naked. Chapter's end credits, now wait for chapter 10 without devouring your fingernails.

when Sage will be angry with MC for not telling her about Quinn's trafficking, or will despair in general for Quinn's betrayal: oh how beautiful is this paint drying!!!
Yeah, DPC is a prisoner of choosing that game mechanic. Now he can't get rid of half of the cast easily nor he can tell Sage. If the restaurant and drugs business has to be taken down there has to be a solution in place to keep the HOTs in the game, maybe the visit to the Burkes will give us that, I'm thinking of some kind of job at the college for earning free tuition.

Anyway Sage's path has so many booby traps it will be like walking through a minefield, a Dik MC has to be silent about fucking her mother, punching her brother, knocking his teeth out, disrespecting her father, her father's dealings, the restaurant, the drugs, the Hots, Quinn, Riona, Sarah and Mel, Chad, etc.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
I do hope that actually becomes a reality. Quinn and MC chilling, doing all the drugs, sounds perfect for her path goers.

It's one of the things I'm looking forward to in the future, there's more to a personality than DIK/CHICK, and I hope locking in girls will allow us to further go down that path.
Actually never considered this… interesting.

It’s an impromptu way of unshackling the MC’s “personality” from the binary DIK/CHICK scale. DPC could start giving certain personality traits based on what girl you choose derived from the actions requires to be on their route.

It would also shore up these relationships. By slightly making the MC more like the LI’s it becomes believable they’re a real couple. Currently the MC in a monogamous relationship with Jill largely hits all the same personality beats as the guy banging half the school, a teacher and doing whatever with Quinn.

Now the choice has been made maybe the MC can, during the unique content for each girl required after that mutually exclusive choice at the end of season 2, start to distinguish himself from other routes. If it turns out the chick/DIK system (which has run its course, almost every route has you locked at an affinity now) is abandoned in favour of something new (perhaps the relationship stats become central giving waaaaay more flexibility) I could almost forgive how paper thin it was up til now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes