felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
+ mc (or/and Derek) ruined his business party

Is not (only) the house, but the pictures with Burke, Jade, Tybalt and Sage

As I said earlier, you can be nice with tybalt (chick), but at the end of the day, you still ruin his party... Yes, I know, Derek did it, but tybalt saw you, not derek

LE: you can be nice with tybalt, you can avoid sex scene with Jade and/or the sex tape, you can avoid to be on Jill path... No matter what you will do, Tybalt will see you as an "opponent" for Jill's heart and you will be in trouble for the ruined party... So "fuck, fuck, fuck" scene may be just for that one... And maybe because (if) you rejected Jade (sooner or later) and she may be angry on you. So, no matter what you will do on your gameplay, MC still have reasons to be afraid of that meeting.

Yes, is still strange how he react when he saw the building, BUT... If my memory doesn't trick me, DPC wrote that lines like MC have a bad feeling... Not like he already know the place, so in this way, even if MC fucked Jade at her home or not, he still starts to be worried. But about the last part I'm not 100% sure... So I may be wrong!
you're right that Tybalt is the only common threat in every run, but the reaction remains totally exaggerated.

what should he fear? that Tybalt pushes his parents not to help a girl out of spite? for an issue that absolutely doesn't concern Mc in a direct way.

the problem is that it's a scene that SHOULD have different reactions, and if it had to have a common one it should have been one of surprise, not the maximum shock always and in any case

how can it be that MC's reaction when he discovers he has had sex with his girlfriend's stepmother is the same as the one when he discovers his (warm) teacher is his friend's stepmother?

the seismic risk scale is:

high risk
MC in relation to both who chose Sage and then dumped Jade
MC in relation to both who didn't choose Sage and dumped Jade
MC in relation to both who didn't choose Sage and didn't dump Jade

medium low risk
MC who dumped Jade
MC in relation to Jill

low risk
all other situations

possible aggravation of Jade's video doesn't count, because MC doesn't know Burke got hold of it

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Trying to know the mind of Dalli is a perilous endeavor, but I think his point was that Sarah told Becky long before Mona even arrived at B&R.

Becky may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but she's clearly not incompetent. I can easily believe she'd know enough about the secret tuition deal to cause problems, but still keep the secret well enough that it isn't common knowledge.
everything Becky says is this:

bc "I'm guessing you aren't one of those who just wanted the free tuition! Haha!"
my "..."
my "What do you know about it?"
bc "Aw, come on. You know what I'm talking about. It's a secret HOT code, right?"
bc "But I should zip my lips about it, haha!"

It seems to me a huge leap to think that Becky might know what's behind the "not so" free tuition.
If she knew what the restaurant was, would she be talking to Maya like this?

are you so comfortable accepting that MC knows nothing about it (when he was directly invited to use it) while Becky would have guessed the whole thing....

Reactions: Hawke84

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
you're right that Tybalt is the only common threat in every run, but the reaction remains totally exaggerated.

what should he fear? that Tybalt pushes his parents not to help a girl out of spite? for an issue that absolutely doesn't concern Mc in a direct way.

the problem is that it's a scene that SHOULD have different reactions, and if it had to have a common one it should have been one of surprise, not the maximum shock always and in any case

how can it be that MC's reaction when he discovers he has had sex with his girlfriend's stepmother is the same as the one when he discovers his (warm) teacher is his friend's stepmother?

the seismic risk scale is:

high risk
MC in relation to both who chose Sage and then dumped Jade
MC in relation to both who didn't choose Sage and dumped Jade
MC in relation to both who didn't choose Sage and didn't dump Jade

medium low risk
MC who dumped Jade
MC in relation to Jill

low risk
all other situations

possible aggravation of Jade's video doesn't count, because MC doesn't know Burke got hold of it
The only explanation for such a weak ending is that DPC needed to urgently end the episode with an unexpected and dramatic twist. I'm sure no one takes Tybalt seriously as a threat and especially Burke if you go the way of Chick. The only thing he can do is complain to his father or mother about you that you are dating Jill, and it will look pathetic. I think DPC plans to do just that. Burke will refuse MC because of Tybalt and MC will ask Jill for help.
And then it turns out that Jill's sister is a lesbian and left home because of this and she will want to help Maya and same time to honor her sister's memory and even organizes an event dedicated to the problems of people with non-traditional orientation.

Reactions: Tserriednich'sNen

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The only explanation for such a weak ending is that DPC needed to urgently end the episode with an unexpected and dramatic twist. I'm sure no one takes Tybalt seriously as a threat and especially Burke if you go the way of Chick. The only thing he can do is complain to his father or mother about you that you are dating Jill, and it will look pathetic. I think DPC plans to do just that. Burke will refuse MC because of Tybalt and MC will ask Jill for help.
And then it turns out that Jill's sister is a lesbian and left home because of this and she will want to help Maya and same time to honor her sister's memory and even organizes an event dedicated to the problems of people with non-traditional orientation.
as a twist it could have been used easily, it makes no sense to have given it practically only one variant (if we went with Jade there is some more dialogue as MC recognises the house)

Mc has nothing to fear from Burke, he doesn't even know he's obsessively hitting on Bella, their only interaction is when there's Chad's attack to deal with, but in that episode Burke is absolutely benevolent with MC. it's us players who know some dark background about him.

And Burke (and maybe Jade) will talk to Maya probably without even knowing that Mc is there (he waits outside with Josy)

it's really very forced to think that Tybalt could have an influence on the matter, Burke would have to talk to him about it (it's a private problem of a student anyway) and Tybalt would have to link Maya to MC

knowing DPC's anti-climactic management I wouldn't be surprised if Jade wasn't even present at the meeting, so even in the worst case scenario nothing happens and everything is postponed.

RukiRG

Sep 22, 2018
You both (Pasha and felice) are right... In your way. But... You use your own brain, not MC one. MC may be afraid because he knows how dangerous may be Tybalt. Honestly now, he was able to blackmail Jill. He is "mommy little boy" (ramember the scene at prep party when Jade asks him to bring a drink), so he can have a big influence in that scene. In my opinion DPC tried to do a scene convenient for any path/gameplay you choose. I still think that he run late with ep8 launch (probably because one of his relatives died; remember his post on patron) so he didn't tried (/have time) to make two different scenes with different dialogue.. And at the end of the day, he choosed a middle way which we already know. And yes, adding his classic drama for the end of the episode... But that drama was just a "bonus"

• Angry
Reactions: Guy1100 and dalli_x

kyrlian

May 26, 2017
:giggle: I'd go with that theory sooner than the one everyone usually pushes for teenaged cop Lily. Arieth actually being smart and/or undercover would be just the kind of silly stunt DPC would really get a thrill from dropping on players later in game. Or perhaps having Arieth actually be an idiot savant who puts MC and Magnar to shame by easily solving a problem in one of their STEM classes..while students and teacher all look on with mouths agape. Then she goes right back to dumb by spouting a normal Ariethism.
"Arieth, A Beautiful Mind"

"Stripper Teenaged Cop Lily" would be the kind of movie you watch in a double feature with "Bikini Girls on Dinosaur Planet."

Reactions: Kellermann

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You both (Pasha and felice) are right... In your way. But... You use your own brain, not MC one. MC may be afraid because he knows how dangerous may be Tybalt. Honestly now, he was able to blackmail Jill. He is "mommy little boy" (ramember the scene at prep party when Jade asks him to bring a drink), so he can have a big influence in that scene. In my opinion DPC tried to do a scene convenient for any path/gameplay you choose. I still think that he run late with ep8 launch (probably because one of his relatives died; remember his post on patron) so he didn't tried (/have time) to make two different scenes with different dialogue.. And at the end of the day, he choosed a middle way which we already know. And yes, adding his classic drama for the end of the episode... But that drama was just a "bonus"
Why would Mc consider Tybalt dangerous? In no situation does he seem afraid of him (rightly so).

the blackmailing of Jill lowered his dangerousness, not increased it. if it was still going on I could also understand.
Mc always knew he was Jade's son and possibly never a problem, so even if he humiliated him on the occasions he had he obviously didn't consider it a big deal.

does he have the guilt to be a problem for Maya? so desperate?

Reactions: ename144

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You even provide me with a clue, if my translator doesn't twist the meaning.:rolleyes:

bc "I'm guessing you're not one of those who just wants the free tuition! Haha!" I beg your pardon? Only the tuition? Is there anything more? Becky knows something that Maya doesn't. Is it the jackpot? Lily said the jackpot when she was at the MC. Is the MC the jackpot?:unsure:

bc "Aw, come on. You know what I'm talking about. It's a secret HOT code, right?" There is a secret HOT code that Becky doesn't know either. But Josy might know it. Josy could therefore also know so that the MC is the jackpot.:unsure:

bc "But I should zip my lips about it, haha!"
Becky doesn't want to reveal anything else. Why? Becky also wants the jackpot.:unsure:

What if the MC learns that he is the jackpot during the upcoming conversation with the Burke's. Then the question comes to me, did Sage, Josy and Maya know about it and when did they know about it? Josy already has a funny feeling about this. I know Josy says the deal is too good to be true.:unsure:

If it is, which I hope it isn't, it would be an almost epic drama.:eek:
you don't believe it yourself, why should I? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
MC saw Burke and Mona at the party and their whole situation. Then he ends up at that apartment, with Sage asking for "help" from her Dad and he freaks out because he remembers what happened to Mona.

Reactions: dalli_x

RukiRG

Sep 22, 2018
Why would Mc consider Tybalt dangerous? In no situation does he seem afraid of him (rightly so).

the blackmailing of Jill lowered his dangerousness, not increased it. if it was still going on I could also understand.
Mc always knew he was Jade's son and possibly never a problem, so even if he humiliated him on the occasions he had he obviously didn't consider it a big deal.

does he have the guilt to be a problem for Maya? so desperate?
The business party was an opportunity for both Tybalt and Burke to meet some people and establish some business relationships. So Tybalt may say that MC ruined his party. Also, he can lie more. Let's remember when MC and Derek had to do some pranks in preps House. Tybalt told Jill that the "trespassers" stole some money, which everybody from here know that is false. MC probably expects to see Tybalt there and he is defenseless... Lying or not, only because MC was at that party is very dangerous, because he was not allowed over there. Not allowed = trespassing = he may be kicked out from B&R. Is not only about M&J issue... But about himself.

• Thinking Face
  • Angry
Reactions: Guy1100 and dalli_x

Ostap Bender

Jun 26, 2019
Just got done with the Lily path for lack of other words. No other LI or side influence so to see what was what.

1. She is VERY ambitious and goal oriented. As much or more than Josy.
2. Yet, she is direct and real and even dare I say.... safe for MC.
3. From the romance side of things... I like her as much as any of the L.I.s.

View attachment 1575237
Well, she isn’t “safe” for my MC, since he’s interested in Quinn. I may be paranoid, but I can’t help it but feeling threatened by her. She’s there to fuck up Quinn’s business, perhaps not willingly, but it’s her who will hurt Quinn somehow, I just feel it with my guts. So, no, there’s no way she can be trusted, IMO.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
The business party was an opportunity for both Tybalt and Burke to meet some people and establish some business relationships. So Tybalt may say that MC ruined his party. Also, he can lie more. Let's remember when MC and Derek had to do some pranks in preps House. Tybalt told Jill that the "trespassers" stole some money, which everybody from here know that is false. MC probably expects to see Tybalt there and he is defenseless... Lying or not, only because MC was at that party is very dangerous, because he was not allowed over there. Not allowed = trespassing = he may be kicked out from B&R. Is not only about M&J issue... But about himself.
You're just forgetting something. Stephen and Jade looked directly at the MC and did nothing about the intrusion and destruction of the mansion. So Tybalt probably can't do anything about it because it's already known to the Burkes. Also, all the MC has to do is say that Tybalt blackmailed Jill with it, or he would have filed charges against him. That would defuse the situation because it hurts B&R's reputation and Jill is a Royce.:unsure::rolleyes:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Apart from the fact that MC never appears to be frightened by the threat, Jill is the only one who takes it seriously.
But even without considering this: it's over, it's a danger completely behind us, weeks after the fact there isn't even the slightest hypothesis about this complaint

MC saw Burke and Mona at the party and their whole situation. Then he ends up at that apartment, with Sage asking for "help" from her Dad and he freaks out because he remembers what happened to Mona.
if MC had understood what happened, I think he would have behaved differently, he would have talked to someone about it.

but nothing at all, so as usual he didn't understand.

4.80 star(s) 1,529 Votes