wholef'nshow

Mar 9, 2020
Hi guyz, I need help.
I want to change MC's name from the gallery (because I downloaded someone else's saves when my pc decided to commit seppuku) but I just can't make it. I followed the instructions scattered around the thread founded thanks to the search function.

I downloaded "UnRen.bat" and copied the file in the game's root direcotry (where the exe is), executed it and typed "3", then entered.

Then I opened the game, pressed (Shift+D) to open the developer menu, opened the console and typed: "persistent.name =u 'xxx' " (one time with "" and one time without it) with the name that I want instead of "xxx".

I've done this both in the game (a casual save) and in the Main Menu, but everytime I open a Scene from the gallery there is the original name.
The only time I obtain something (but the name in the gallery still not change) is when I do all the shit during the game, with the "", and this appears to me:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But, still, the name in the gallery doesn't change.

Any tips?

Thargor

Jul 14, 2018
Hi guyz, I need help.
I want to change MC's name from the gallery (because I downloaded someone else's saves when my pc decided to commit seppuku) but I just can't make it. I followed the instructions scattered around the thread founded thanks to the search function.

I downloaded "UnRen.bat" and copied the file in the game's root direcotry (where the exe is), executed it and typed "3", then entered.

Then I opened the game, pressed (Shift+D) to open the developer menu, opened the console and typed: "persistent.name =u 'xxx' " (one time with "" and one time without it) with the name that I want instead of "xxx".

I've done this both in the game (a casual save) and in the Main Menu, but everytime I open a Scene from the gallery there is the original name.
The only time I obtain something (but the name in the gallery still not change) is when I do all the shit during the game, with the "", and this appears to me:

Any tips?
I am not entirely. But when you open your phone in a free roam. Open the settinga and there you should be able to change your own name als well as the pet names(thats how the girls call you in lewd scenes i think).

Afapp

Aug 4, 2021
Finished season 2 yesterday on Jills route. Great work again by DPC, very, very enjoyable in all aspects. Some things were a little confusing - I started a new playthrough once S02 was available on Steam. Did one earlier playthrough about a year ago with huge DIK choices only. This time I was going to focus on Maya/Josie, did all the 'chick' choices in season one but still ended up with them ditching me (I was pretty sure I had max chick-affinity up until that moment, but maybe one of the last choices fucked me over). Then once S02 kicked in I was back at making choices again based on what I would do IRL - which apparently is a lot of dick moves - so that tipped the affinity scale back. There's no salvaging Maya/Josy after getting ditched in S01 is there?

Also, throughout S02 I had ample opportunity to get sexually involved with various prostitutes HOTs, I especially was hoping to nail Riona again but being the broke bitch that I am in this game I couldn't afford it. I'm just really terrible at spotting the hidden dollar bills in free roam. And when I do finally spot something to pick up it's usually a "special render". If I remember correctly, fairly early game there was a bulletin board of sorts (I think Maya's room) that had endles supply of money, is there anything similar mid-late game? It felt so weird that I actually got an offer to upgrade my -always empty- wallet lol
I assume you are playing with no mini games. To have money for Riona at the preps party you can’t pay Magnar to let you give him a wedgie. Also I think it matters where you go after Josy shows up. If it’s with Sage there are 2$ in the free roam at the Hots. Bella’s house may not have $’s available for you.

Reactions: Absolute_Icon

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:...aand we're stuck with Acting Lessons...Let's put all the 'Y' back, eh ?
Welp I'm not sure about the exact backlash but THAT could mean bye bye to Acting Lessons as well :LOL: Ofc this does not include those who already have this safely saved on their HDD... P.S. I'm not one of those ! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ToastyChinChilla

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Hi guyz, I need help.

Any tips?
I am not entirely. But when you open your phone in a free roam. Open the settinga and there you should be able to change your own name als well as the pet names(thats how the girls call you in lewd scenes i think).

If you're talking about the MC's name used in the dialogues of the Gallery scenes, there's a simple way to do it within the game (no mods or console commands needed).

Simply start a new game, and enter the name you want when you're interacting with Steve. You don't even have to save the game. It takes about 10 seconds if you use Tab to skip dialogue. Whatever you enter will be used in the Gallery from that point on, until you start a new game and enter a different name.

Reactions: Tumblingjoint

genthrow

May 4, 2017
Hi guyz, I need help.

Any tips?
Get rid of the space between u and the single quotation marks (i.e., u'xxx')

Absolute_Icon

Sep 14, 2021
I assume you are playing with no mini games. To have money for Riona at the preps party you can’t pay Magnar to let you give him a wedgie. Also I think it matters where you go after Josy shows up. If it’s with Sage there are 2$ in the free roam at the Hots. Bella’s house may not have $’s available for you.
Yeah I have minigames disabled, I thought that was just for the fights and the exams. Thanks for the info my dude, I think I have a savegame somewhere around that prep party. I don't recall paying Ragnar at all btw, the wedgie that was on the Hell Week checklist was done by Derek on some random nerd (who happened to know Kung fu)

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes