affque

Sep 4, 2020
hey guys ,who's got the sound track ( Chill Study - A Beautiful Syndrome ), every songs of Quinn is so good:devilish:
There is a channel on youtube called Tremolo, he posted almost all the musics used ingame, with a description of were it appeared

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He can drop 2 updates this year. I mean, if he releases at the beginning of February, he will have 10 months to drop the updates. They can be 2 smaller ones, like episode 3-4 were (I don't remember which ones took around 5 months to release), but knowing DPC he will try to be outrageous each time and make bigger and bigger updates. Besides he already rendered all the areas he had to render, so at least that will not take additional time.

But next episode is also supposed to be the Halloween party, so no way he will make it a small episode. But remember this - this mania with making a bigger episode than the last with each release is going to come back and bite him on the ass one day.
it is not that it is a fixation of DPC to make bigger episodes

in the first chapters each player could experience practically all the content of it, now we get a fifth/fourth (and after the decision of the last chapter this one will be even more exasperated), the episode must necessarily be bigger, already so it happens that there are chapters quite "empty" in certain runs (Bella and Sage almost always)

add to this that DPC wants to raise the level by increasing the animations and "distractions" such as minigames

Last edited:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019

in the first chapters each player could experience practically all the content of it, now we get a fifth/fourth, the episode must necessarily be bigger, already so it happens that there are chapters quite "empty" in certain runs (Bella and Sage almost always)

add to this that DPC wants to raise the level by increasing the animations and "distractions" such as minigames
To be honest, I'd rather have less minigames and free roams (which are really quite pointless and difficult to navigate in, the first DIK mansion one was ridiculous). But there's another thing, some routes might not run into the minigames in every episodes. For example let's say you're on Sage's route and there's a Bella breakfast minigame in the next episode, it wouldn't make sense if you get that minigame even if you are on Sage's route since we have already chosen our LI.

Smaller updates, but definitely more balanced would be better for the story progression as well. I mean, Bella and Jill are way behind on their storylines compared to Maya and Josy for example. Sage made good progress in the last episodes as well and if he concentrates on the story and not the bullshit, it will be so much better.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017

in the first chapters each player could experience practically all the content of it, now we get a fifth/fourth, the episode must necessarily be bigger, already so it happens that there are chapters quite "empty" in certain runs (Bella and Sage almost always)

Does anyone actually think the game needs the animations? I don’t think I really watch them to be honest.

I don’t mind them… they don’t detract from the game but I’d rather have that effort put into more varied static renders or more detailed ones.

Same for the mini games… maybe I’m just here for a story and the rest seems like window dressing.

Ive no idea how much of the animating takes up his actual time verses just running the software but id trade all the animations and mini games in for more rooster/text/swyper content. Those flesh out the characters and story. I’ve learned nothing about any of the girls from their animations.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
To be honest, I'd rather have less minigames and free roams (which are really quite pointless and difficult to navigate in, the first DIK mansion one was ridiculous). But there's another thing, some routes might not run into the minigames in every episodes. For example let's say you're on Sage's route and there's a Bella breakfast minigame in the next episode, it wouldn't make sense if you get that minigame even if you are on Sage's route since we have already chosen our LI.

Smaller updates, but definitely more balanced would be better for the story progression as well. I mean, Bella and Jill are way behind on their storylines compared to Maya and Josy for example. Sage made good progress in the last episodes as well and if he concentrates on the story and not the bullshit, it will be so much better.
I don't like minigames, but it is clear that DPC likes to add them and evidently considers them important.

It's not easy to find the balance between giving each player the content they want and simultaneously advancing the story.

that's why sometimes there are constraints, with Sage the problem is solved by the fact that she's the president of the HOTs, if there are HOTs there's Sage, for Bella it's much more complicated, so besides going once per episode to the library every now and then DPC has to invent something.

To me it made me laugh a lot that MC thinks it's a good idea to go and get a haircut by Bella, who we know lives not very close to the BR, a couple of days after being dumped in the car, without shame the guy

Does anyone actually think the game needs the animations? I don’t think I really watch them to be honest.

I don’t mind them… they don’t detract from the game but I’d rather have that effort put into more varied static renders or more detailed ones.

Same for the mini games… maybe I’m just here for a story and the rest seems like window dressing.

Ive no idea how much of the animating takes up his actual time verses just running the software but id trade all the animations and mini games in for more rooster/text/swyper content. Those flesh out the characters and story. I’ve learned nothing about any of the girls from their animations.
animations are not absolutely essential, but BADIK without animations would be another game, so I don't see them as superfluous.

a bit like music, which I mute 99% of the time, but when the game isn't playing it already makes a bad impression on me.

• Haha
Reactions: Lostanddamned

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
To me it made me laugh a lot that MC thinks it's a good idea to go and get a haircut by Bella, who we know lives not very close to the BR, a couple of days after being dumped in the car, without shame the guy
How many dudes on the B&R campus (other than Magnar obviously :sneaky:) can say that they got their hair cut by Bella though? I'd gladly put peanut butter and gum in my hair if it means that Bella would give me a haircut. :Kappa:

Reactions: ksuha and Zieniuuu

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
How many dudes on the B&R campus (other than Magnar obviously :sneaky:) can say that they got their hair cut by Bella though? I'd gladly put peanut butter and gum in my hair if it means that Bella would give me a haircut. :Kappa:
but it was a scene that DPC had done, to do another one would have been time consuming, so he used it for all of them.
it's an economic choice, not a narrative choice.

he could have had Jam Jam cut them too, he seems very sensitive...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Lostanddamned

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
but it was a scene that DPC had done, to do another one would have been time consuming, so he used it for all of them.
it's an economic choice, not a narrative choice.

he could have had Jam Jam cut them too, he seems very sensitive...
You know that Jam Jam would only give haircuts to his homie Leon. But still, I'd prefer Bella for the haircut. :Kappa:

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Why so many? I have 5 for itch girl, and True DIK pass. I think it`s enough.
There are roads that haven't been traveled yet, and you have to be prepared... For example, Sage can have at least two possible paths (fuckbuddy or not fuckbuddy), M&J at least four (in relationship giving more importance to Maya, in relationship giving more importance to Josy, Friendship giving more importance to Maya, friendship giving more importance to Josy) without counting balanced paths.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
For me, mini games are fun the first playthrough. I skipped every single mini game since episode 4, on my first playthrough.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
For me, mini games are fun the first playthrough. I skipped every single mini game since episode 4, on my first playthrough.
I like the mini games, they can be time consuming if you replay the whole game for sure. But I feel like I play the game instead of just reading.
Also, those who play without mini games should not get any ingame reward :LOL:. or at least those who play with mini games should get extra reward

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Why so many? I have 5 for itch girl, and True DIK pass. I think it`s enough.
  1. Bella
  2. Sage
  3. Jill
  4. Maya & Josy
  5. Maya
  6. Josy
  7. Quinn (just in case)
  8. Neutral
  9. Pure DIK
  10. Pure Chick
  11. Pure Dude (no sex) :p
  12. <Space reserved for Zoey> ;)

From very early on, I saw that the safest route to any LI was to have an exclusive route where I avoid intimate contact, and in some cases close friendships, with everyone else. Also, I like to see how things play out in the long term using various decisions, and I want to see them revealed organically, so I'm not much on using mods to do it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kyrlian

May 26, 2017
hey guys ,who's got the sound track ( Chill Study - A Beautiful Syndrome ), every songs of Quinn is so good:devilish:

This is royalty-free music so most of it can't be found on Spotify, Tidal, Deezer etc.

The lyrics of Quinn's songs are always spot on.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: lTTMl and Ponsonby
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes