goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
He took a risk with his Interlude, and with Zoey.

If the Interlude is Zoey's life in San Diego, it won't be a big hit. Worse, a mini episode only on a "new" girl, it will make the players believe that Zoey will be forced into the love life of the MC.

I don't think DPC is making this mistake, but depending on how the Interlude plays out, players might think so.
Initially I was kinda annoyed at the concept of the Interlude because it seemed like a waste of time and was coming off the end of episode 8 which I felt was kind of a letdown. That was my immediate emotional response and I likened the 'ad' for the Interlude at the end of ep. 8 to the ending of Mass Effect 3 or whatever where a little message comes up telling the player to buy the upcoming DLC. While I do think that kind of advertisement is kind of a tone deaf move, which was most likely geared at the Steam audience or whatever to let them know what to buy next, overall it seems to me that the Interlude was planned well in advance and that it will serve some kind of greater and more relevant story purpose than to simply reintroduce another potential LI for drama purposes. If that did turn out to be the case though, and the Interlude was nothing but an introduction to Zoey without any greater story implications, it would definitely be a risky move and something I'd put down purely to commercial motives.

The biggest mistake the Interlude could make though, which I feel is somewhat inevitable, is that its development will mean that only one actual episode will drop in 2022. Unless the Interlude drops at the end of this month, we could very well only see episode 9 this year, but that's assuming the same development times and trends as past episodes. It could also be that DPC has factored the Interlude into a two-episode-per-year development cycle somehow and has everything mapped out to make that possible. I don't think there's been any official word on that but I haven't been paying any close attention, happy to be corrected.

I'm willing to bet that Zoey is going to be a big hit as a character though, so regardless of whether the Interlude is a mistake or not, at least we have something in the immediate future to look forward to. The question of whether the Interlude is a bad move will ultimately depend on whether it ties nicely into the main story and doesn't delay the development of the actual game too much. If I were DPC, I probably wouldn't have made an Interlude from a storytelling/narrative perspective because it forces players who have no interest in a particular character, or type of character, to play through a story about that character to be caught up with the overall game. If it were a Jill's Sister interlude it would be significantly less risky because that ties directly into the story of a main LI and people who have no interest in Jill and who aren't on her locked path could safely skip it. With the Zoey interlude, you have to play it because she's likely going to show up for the rest of the game no matter what path you're on and you're gonna be confused as to her story significance otherwise.

But I'm not a millionaire game maker so what do I know :KEK:

DPC's gradual graphic improvements of the BaDIK girls have been great, but Josy...

Wow...

What a difference 37 days (in-game, that is) make:

View attachment 1590423

View attachment 1590425
Our midget party girl has had a major glow up, that's for sure :BootyTime: And honestly, from a purely aesthetic point of view, I feel that Josy matches the MC the most of any of the girls. They look so fresh together.

thefreshness.png

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
While I'm happy for you, this is just a very lucky guess, thanks to DPC, - and I can't believe I'm saying this, - BAD Writing. There was nothing that ever suggest Zoey was more than what she was, nor she should be. A past, a memory. This is nothing like, Troy and Chad, or Sage parents, or even Josy and Maya, that looking back now, you can put the puzzle together.
It is a repetitive, waste of time. He did this in acting lesson too, bring back the EX . :rolleyes:

This is why we have this waste of time " Interlude " shit, instead of the development of Episode 9, something that is more important. HE need to give her context, because he pulled this idea out of his ass. Unless she has a different story, other than being a fuck toy for MC again, to mess his present relationship. But based on acting lesson, probably this is all she is.
at this point we can't no longer rule out the idea of him killing of one of the love intrest again. :LOL:
overall, I was literally rolled my eyes, when she showed up in the end of episode. I expected Better and more from him.
we will see how popular this will be with patreon. Usually there is a big jump when there is a new episode, I'm curious how this will play out for them. Hopefully it will fail, and we won't get any more intermezzo:LOL:
The MC falls in love with girls randomly, shit we start the game with him crushing on this girl he knew for a few months.

His first love, whom he knew for many years, grew up together was always going to be a big aspect of his story.

I don't understand how people were unable or most likely unwilling to see this happening.

Maybe those of us that play this game objectively and don't fall in love with the girls the story forces on us, seen this coming easier since we've been forced to swallow bullshit for seasons now, but yes, finally we can reject them, and choose the righteous path.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I strongly agree, Bianca's significance in the story will be the connection to Lynette/MC 's family via Jill's route. It's the only explanation as to why we're only introduced to her being a close friends of Jill while on Jill's route but not otherwise.
I disagree, insofar as it being Jill-route only. I have a strong feeling that she's going to be Madame's daughter, so there's a path to draw MC in regardless of environment. Now, if you're not with Jill, and smart enough to sidestep the Madame stuff, I'm not sure how they'd tie your MC to any of it.
Fucking politics... buying votes are we ???!!! :mad: :devilish: :rolleyes:
:LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:
Nah. This is just a case of "newest content" being the most popular. Jill finally stopped blueballing the MC and you got the full booty. It'll change again in the future.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Nah. This is just a case of "newest content" being the most popular. Jill finally stopped blueballing the MC and you got the full booty. It'll change again in the future.
I was just kidding if it was not obvious enough ! :KEK:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Maybe those of us that play this game objectively and don't fall in love with the girls the story forces on us, seen this coming easier since we've been forced to swallow bullshit for seasons now, but yes, finally we can reject them, and choose the righteous path.
I'm in a middle of a Heartbreak if you not noticed:cry: , but of course you didn't, just like Quinn does not give a shit about others feeling.:p
I don't need this superiority complex right now. :ROFLMAO:

Pelf1996

Jul 21, 2020
This and Pale Carnations are the only games I play nowadays, this last episode got some top notch scenes, I look forward to play routes other than Jill and Bella but I know will take too much time that I cant spare rn. :rolleyes:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Finished season 2 yesterday on Jills route. Great work again by DPC, very, very enjoyable in all aspects. Some things were a little confusing - I started a new playthrough once S02 was available on Steam. Did one earlier playthrough about a year ago with huge DIK choices only. This time I was going to focus on Maya/Josie, did all the 'chick' choices in season one but still ended up with them ditching me (I was pretty sure I had max chick-affinity up until that moment, but maybe one of the last choices fucked me over). Then once S02 kicked in I was back at making choices again based on what I would do IRL - which apparently is a lot of dick moves - so that tipped the affinity scale back. There's no salvaging Maya/Josy after getting ditched in S01 is there?

Also, throughout S02 I had ample opportunity to get sexually involved with various prostitutes HOTs, I especially was hoping to nail Riona again but being the broke bitch that I am in this game I couldn't afford it. I'm just really terrible at spotting the hidden dollar bills in free roam. And when I do finally spot something to pick up it's usually a "special render". If I remember correctly, fairly early game there was a bulletin board of sorts (I think Maya's room) that had endles supply of money, is there anything similar mid-late game? It felt so weird that I actually got an offer to upgrade my -always empty- wallet lol
As far as being rejected by Josy and Maya, that only happens if a) you have DIK Affinity, or b) you didn't sleep with Josy *AND* didn't help Maya with her scavenger hunt. DIK Affinity would require making a minimum of 5 DIK major decisions (at that point), so I'm guessing you didn't have sex with either of the girls.

For Riona, I'm not sure if you *need* any money for her path (assuming you turned down the restaurant), though it would help. If you have mini-games turned off and aren't paying for sex, it's not too hard to save up enough to give Riona at least $$ at the prep party. If you are paying for sex, you'll probably want to consult the official walkthroughs to find the money, and possibly avoid staying with Sage in Episode 4; the rewards for that path aren't financial.

Does anyone actually think the game needs the animations? I don’t think I really watch them to be honest.

I don’t mind them… they don’t detract from the game but I’d rather have that effort put into more varied static renders or more detailed ones.

Same for the mini games… maybe I’m just here for a story and the rest seems like window dressing.

Ive no idea how much of the animating takes up his actual time verses just running the software but id trade all the animations and mini games in for more rooster/text/swyper content. Those flesh out the characters and story. I’ve learned nothing about any of the girls from their animations.
I think some of the animations a net positive for the game. Most are okay, but I would be just as happy making due with static renders. That said, animations are clearly popular overall, so I don't think DPC could drop them at this point.

For mini-games, I actually like them. The game is a much better game with them turned on, and the mansion repair game is awesome. They only become a problem when you're trying to replay the game for the Nth time, which is why I turn them off in most of my alt runs. I'm glad they're optional (especially now that DPC has finally added extra money to compensate for the loss of income), but I don't want them to go away.

but it was a scene that DPC had done, to do another one would have been time consuming, so he used it for all of them.
it's an economic choice, not a narrative choice.

he could have had Jam Jam cut them too, he seems very sensitive...
Or he could have skipped the gum entirely and left the MC with his original hair. It was a pointless sequence that had no funny jokes, did nothing for our relationship with Bella, and made the MC look way too much like Tommy.

1. Bella
  2. Sage
  3. Jill
  4. Maya & Josy
  5. Maya
  6. Josy
  7. Quinn (just in case)
  8. Neutral
  9. Pure DIK
  10. Pure Chick
  11. Pure Dude (no sex) :p
  12. <Space reserved for Zoey> ;)

From very early on, I saw that the safest route to any LI was to have an exclusive route where I avoid intimate contact, and in some cases close friendships, with everyone else. Also, I like to see how things play out in the long term using various decisions, and I want to see them revealed organically, so I'm not much on using mods to do it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmm. My runs are a bit different:
  1. Main (Maya & Josy)
  2. Affable DIK
  3. Jill
  4. Maya-focused
  5. Catch All the LIs
  6. Massive DIK
  7. Josy & Jill-focused
  8. Bella
  9. No Sex
  10. Sage
I was planning to add a "Catch all the Side Girls" run, but I'm not feeling the enthusiasm for more replays after the end of Season 2.

While I'm happy for you, this is just a very lucky guess, thanks to DPC, - and I can't believe I'm saying this, - BAD Writing. There was nothing that ever suggest Zoey was more than what she was, nor she should be. A past, a memory. This is nothing like, Troy and Chad, or Sage parents, or even Josy and Maya, that looking back now, you can put the puzzle together.
It is a repetitive, waste of time. He did this in acting lesson too, bring back the EX . :rolleyes:

This is why we have this waste of time " Interlude " shit, instead of the development of Episode 9, something that is more important. HE need to give her context, because he pulled this idea out of his ass. Unless she has a different story, other than being a fuck toy for MC again, to mess his present relationship. But based on acting lesson, probably this is all she is.
at this point we can't no longer rule out the idea of him killing of one of the love intrest again. :LOL:
overall, I was literally rolled my eyes, when she showed up in the end of episode. I expected Better and more from him.
we will see how popular this will be with patreon. Usually there is a big jump when there is a new episode, I'm curious how this will play out for them. Hopefully it will fail, and we won't get any more intermezzo:LOL:
It wasn't quite a lucky guess, it was clear Zoey was too significant a character never to revisit. But I do agree my prediction isn't all that impressive as I'd still say she doesn't have a good hook to re-enter the story. Hence, as you say, the Interlude. But you guys don't need me rehashing my Zoey rant again.

BTW, I'm glad to see you're back to the Josy avatar, Chip. :D

DPC's gradual graphic improvements of the BaDIK girls have been great, but Josy...

Wow...

What a difference 37 days (in-game, that is) make:

View attachment 1590423

View attachment 1590425
While the lighting has improved, I think the original Josy look was actually slightly better.

Zoey isn't a new girl, she's a lightly established character with a significant tie to our protagonist.

Regarding the Interlude, I can understand why DPC felt the need to do this. Rather then just throw Zoey into the story/mix without any sort of explanation or backstory he wants to flesh her character out and presumably provide an explanation for her return. Without any sort of dive into her character/past very few people will care about her, some players didn't even recognize her nor know who she was at the end of episode 8 :KEK:. Her role in the game now that she's back remains to be seen but I feel she needs to be given a boost so to speak so that she can be on a similar playing field with all the main girls and relevant characters especially if she's to play a big role in the story.
Zoey doesn't need a backstory, she needs relevance. She's been out of the MC's life for at least 7 months. More importantly, the MC may just have committed himself to a new relationship. Given that, it doesn't matter how many awesome adventures she's had or how much time we spend watching her in an alien context. What matters is how she fits in with the story we've all been following.

The best way to achieve that is to get her involved in events with the main cast ASAP so she can start forging her own connections. That would let her connections to the MC crop up in a way that advances the overall plot as well. It will still be an uphill climb with such a large cast, but it's the best way to integrate her.

Crashing the story to a halt while DPC plays catchup would be much worse. Sadly, DPC has given every indication the Interlude will be exactly that. :mad:

hinosark24

Jun 25, 2021
It is just for me that the torrent file isn't working? it's stuck in "Searching for Peers 0.0%"
downloading direcly from the browser it will take around 20~24h (i miss you nopy).

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
It is just for me that the torrent file isn't working? it's stuck in "Searching for Peers 0.0%"
downloading direcly from the browser it will take around 20~24h (i miss you nopy).
maybe it's because of this
You're likely running into an issue with client whitelisting, check out and let me know if you continue to have issues afterwards.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes