Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Zoey doesn't need a backstory, she needs relevance. She's been out of the MC's life for at least 7 months. More importantly, the MC may just have committed himself to a new relationship. Given that, it doesn't matter how many awesome adventures she's had or how much time we spend watching her in an alien context. What matters is how she fits in with the story we've all been following.

The best way to achieve that is to get her involved in events with the main cast ASAP so she can start forging her own connections. That would let her connections to the MC crop up in a way that advances the overall plot as well. It will still be an uphill climb with such a large cast, but it's the best way to integrate her.

Crashing the story to a halt while DPC plays catchup would be much worse. Sadly, DPC has given every indication the Interlude will be exactly that. :mad:
Before any of that people need to know who even Zoey is. I don't think integrating a character into the story who some players have completely forgotten about is a good idea. Like many others I'd rather have the next episode over some interlude episode for a character I care little about but oh well, DPC is moving ahead with it and we've no choice but to suck it up and deal with it.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
It could also be that DPC has factored the Interlude into a two-episode-per-year development cycle somehow and has everything mapped out to make that possible. I don't think there's been any official word on that but I haven't been paying any close attention, happy to be corrected.
In the very first status update, he said that the backstory about Zoey was supposed to be included in episode 9, but because of its size and the need to test the transfer of saves, he decided to create an Interlude. I consider the interlude simply as part of episode 9 for technical reasons highlighted as a separate episode. Perhaps in the future this will become the norm for him and he will divide whole episodes into sub-episodes, releasing them separately.
Initially I was kinda annoyed at the concept of the Interlude because it seemed like a waste of time and was coming off the end of episode 8 which I felt was kind of a letdown. That was my immediate emotional response and I likened the 'ad' for the Interlude at the end of ep. 8 to the ending of Mass Effect 3 or whatever where a little message comes up telling the player to buy the upcoming DLC. While I do think that kind of advertisement is kind of a tone deaf move, which was most likely geared at the Steam audience or whatever to let them know what to buy next, overall it seems to me that the Interlude was planned well in advance and that it will serve some kind of greater and more relevant story purpose than to simply reintroduce another potential LI for drama purposes. If that did turn out to be the case though, and the Interlude was nothing but an introduction to Zoey without any greater story implications, it would definitely be a risky move and something I'd put down purely to commercial motives.
Zoey is primarily a tool or, as they say, a plot puppet, which, although it has its own background, is unlikely to be independent and introduced into history for certain purposes. The game has been standing still for a long time. The last two episodes, nothing happens. An introduction to the story of an ex-girlfriend is an old scenario trick to concretize a relationship with a specific girl, but even if you make mistakes, this does not mean that you will stay with Zoey. He will play his part and leave. This is the role of all plot puppets. I would have preferred to see Riona's backstory, she could easily have played the role of a shadow rival, but I think DPC is a little tired of the main cast, and because he constantly introduces new characters.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Before any of that people need to know who even Zoey is. I don't think integrating a character into the story who some players have completely forgotten about is a good idea. Like many others I'd rather have the next episode over some interlude episode for a character I care little about but oh well, DPC is moving ahead with it and we've no choice but to suck it up and deal with it.
I take your point, but IMHO, trying to accelerate that process by force-feeding us Zoey's history in a massive, overproduced flashback is likely to backfire. We can get to know Zoey the same way we got to know everyone else: through observation, dialog and interaction with the rest of the cast.

If that means it takes longer until Zoey is ready to be a pivotal character... well, that's precisely my point. As endless fanfic authors have ably demonstrated over the years, asserting that a new character is every bit as pivotal as the established cast is a perilous undertaking. Whatever her backstory with the MC might say, Zoey is an interloper to *us*. She needs to start small.

I agree we seem to be stuck with the all-Zoey-all-the-time Interlude, but that doesn't make it a good idea. Not from what little I've seen, anyway. I'd rather raise my objections now - even if we all know those objections will fall on deaf ears.

nomad

Apr 7, 2017
Zoey doesn't need a backstory, she needs relevance. She's been out of the MC's life for at least 7 months. More importantly, the MC may just have committed himself to a new relationship. Given that, it doesn't matter how many awesome adventures she's had or how much time we spend watching her in an alien context. What matters is how she fits in with the story we've all been following.
I assumed that the positive pregnancy test was about Zoey. Well at first I thought it was Maya given how her last Lewd scene went (dorm party classroom scene), but when I realized who showed up on Neil's door I assumed it was the ex-girlfriend who was pregnant (but timeline and her not looking pregnant might be off).

Not saying I like it, but it fits what I expect from DPC and forces relevance.

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
I assumed that the positive pregnancy test was about Zoey. Well at first I thought it was Maya given how her last Lewd scene went (dorm party classroom scene), but when I realized who showed up on Neil's door I assumed it was the ex-girlfriend who was pregnant (but timeline and her not looking pregnant might be off).

Bruh if Zoey is preggers I'll just put a ring on it, problem solved cut to credits :WeSmart:

• Haha
Reactions: Lostanddamned

Pennel

Jun 4, 2017

Pregnancy test always appears at the end. So it can't be MC knocking someone up. So whoever is pregnant, it isn't caused by MC either doing it himself or influencing events (e.g. Ashley getting with Derek).

Current front runners are apparently are Zoey, Sally and Heather.

DANIHONG06

Apr 2, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm new player for this game and have a question. I decide to go with Jill, Isabella and Sage path. which affinity should i choose? should i be a dik or a chick? or neutral should be enough to unlock all scene with Jill, Isabella and Sage?

Maevos

May 4, 2019
My bets? Wendy(by Derek) or Dany(Jamie's girlfriend).Both had false alarms regarding pregnancy. Could be one of the HOTs Burke banged? Ooooo the plot thickens...

Is noteworthy that people tested a save where the MC doesn't have sex with anyone, and that still appears, so is not a girl that he banged. At least not just him.
Jamie would have to be extremely stupid to put himself in that position again and it would make the choice you make in the dorm party completely irrelevant.

Derek is also a very smart fellow even though he acts like an airhead. He is there to party and he wouldn't do anything to jeopardize that. But I may be wrong about this and Ashley may actually be pregnant. She was very emotional at the prep and hot parties.

Hell, Troy may actually be a transgender male and pregnant by Chad for all we know.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Not a troll question.
I'm curious if I was the only one, who saw the pregnancy test and thought "Must be a Derek plot"
Anyone else think that?
in order of probability:
Heather with Tommy: it would definitely end the chances with Heather and bring their story to a turning point, possibly even redeeming Tommy for good

Wendy with Derek: the most dramatic, but would lead to a dead end, I don't think it would end with an abortion, so?

Lynette with Neil: the most innocuous, in the end the story comes at the crucial moment when Lynette gets into trouble with the poor workman

Jill's friend (not Bianca) with Bianca's boyfriend: it would be an interesting way to bring the betrayal story to the centre of the story, of course for more than half of the players they are 2 complete strangers....

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
In the very first status update, he said that the backstory about Zoey was supposed to be included in episode 9, but because of its size and the need to test the transfer of saves, he decided to create an Interlude. I consider the interlude simply as part of episode 9 for technical reasons highlighted as a separate episode. Perhaps in the future this will become the norm for him and he will divide whole episodes into sub-episodes, releasing them separately.
If he does that then we're only going to have one episode a year, meaning the the game won't be finished until 2030. It's going to be interesting to see how people react to that.

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018
in order of probability:
Heather with Tommy: it would definitely end the chances with Heather and bring their story to a turning point, possibly even redeeming Tommy for good

Wendy with Derek: the most dramatic, but would lead to a dead end, I don't think it would end with an abortion, so?

Lynette with Neil: the most innocuous, in the end the story comes at the crucial moment when Lynette gets into trouble with the poor workman

Jill's friend (not Bianca) with Bianca's boyfriend: it would be an interesting way to bring the betrayal story to the centre of the story, of course for more than half of the players they are 2 complete strangers....

Pretty sure we all went through list of names it could have been.
That however wasn't my question.
I don't think you paid attention to the question.
As pointed out in the question , I was only curious if I was the only one who thought "It was a Derek plot"

It was my first thought as soon as I saw it.
I was trying to find out if I was the only one who had that thought it when first seeing the image.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
I take your point, but IMHO, trying to accelerate that process by force-feeding us Zoey's history in a massive, overproduced flashback is likely to backfire. We can get to know Zoey the same way we got to know everyone else: through observation, dialog and interaction with the rest of the cast.

If that means it takes longer until Zoey is ready to be a pivotal character... well, that's precisely my point. As endless fanfic authors have ably demonstrated over the years, asserting that a new character is every bit as pivotal as the established cast is a perilous undertaking. Whatever her backstory with the MC might say, Zoey is an interloper to *us*. She needs to start small.

I agree we seem to be stuck with the all-Zoey-all-the-time Interlude, but that doesn't make it a good idea. Not from what little I've seen, anyway. I'd rather raise my objections now - even if we all know those objections will fall on deaf ears.
We might be surprised and the interlude isn’t an attempt to give us 100% of her backstory and catch her up to the rest of the LI from a standing start.

She already has some level of backstory via the main game. People have said this was supposed to be part of Ep9 which I doubt would have had a huge chunk of exposition based around one girl.

We might just get a little side story. Just… why she came home? She will probably be the narrator of her interlude like the MC is of the main game. She could establish why she left and who she left behind easily enough.

With what MC has said in the main game it wouldn’t be hard to establish her feelings on him with similar exposition. From there we get something about her time across the country and maybe some dramatic reason she came home. That’s enough right? We dont need to know her star sign, favourite yoghurt and her feelings on Israel… her feelings on the MC and why she came back seems enough. Rest of the interlude can be whatever DPC wants.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes