ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Zoey needs a backstory because the relevance is already there. :unsure:

Relevance::unsure:
She is MC's ex-girlfriend. The MC didn't know when Zoey left if the pain in his chest was because of love or because of the loss of his best friend. The MC himself said to Maya in EP2 that he doesn't really know what love is. In EP9, maybe already in Interlude, DPC brings Zoey back together with the MC and he has a LI (or not). Thus, the MC can explore his feelings and gain the experience of what love feels like. The relevance to Zoey return is there. The MC has a relevant way to compare with the feelings he felt for Zoey and the feelings he has with his currently LI.

Backstory::unsure:
The backstory is important because we need or should learn the reason why Zoey left. Yes she wanted to learn to surf, that's what we know. But one little thing bothers me. Zoey wanted the MC to come with her. To me, that makes it seem like Zoey was running away from something. But from what?

I'm thinking that Zoey found out about the whole family mudslinging from the MC and that's why she went to San Diego. She wants to protect her MC from it, so she asked him to come with her.:rolleyes::coffee::unsure:
As the crossroad was only to happy to belabor, the game is filled with girls the MC had romantic feelings for. Zoey's history with the MC may have been longer, but it was also offscreen. That's not enough to amount to relevance, hence all the people who forgot who she was.

We might be surprised and the interlude isn’t an attempt to give us 100% of her backstory and catch her up to the rest of the LI from a standing start.

She already has some level of backstory via the main game. People have said this was supposed to be part of Ep9 which I doubt would have had a huge chunk of exposition based around one girl.

We might just get a little side story. Just… why she came home? She will probably be the narrator of her interlude like the MC is of the main game. She could establish why she left and who she left behind easily enough.

With what MC has said in the main game it wouldn’t be hard to establish her feelings on him with similar exposition. From there we get something about her time across the country and maybe some dramatic reason she came home. That’s enough right? We dont need to know her star sign, favourite yoghurt and her feelings on Israel… her feelings on the MC and why she came back seems enough. Rest of the interlude can be whatever DPC wants.
Hope springs eternal, but I can only go by what DPC shows us. He says the Interlude is supposed to have 40-60 minutes of gameplay (including 18 songs and a mini-game), which is a lot for a flashback. And so far every every detail we've been given is about Zoey.

Moreover, the cliffhanger end to Episode 8 doesn't give much of a lead in to Zoey's return. Sure, we could get another asynchronous bit and the Interlude will skip ahead to Zoey's return after the meeting with the Burkes, but is that a good idea? It seems like it will just muddle both plots to very little net gain.

I'm not saying Zoey can't work, but she's going to need a delicate touch. Thus far, DPC has given every indication he intends to get Zoey up to speed using nothing but brute force and repetition. It's extremely frustrating. :mad:

Reactions: mindern

TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019
Zoey has been a character that has only been mentioned by word of mouth and showed on a single flashback and at the end of this past Episode, she has not been properly introduced yet, so saying that she is not relevant is kind of dumb especially when she is an important part of the MC's past.

Also she literally helped him overcome his introvert personality when he was younger.
The MC gets laid a lot because of Zoey :BootyTime:

Last edited:

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
I see a lot of criticism with Zoey because she is irrelevant. Man, we are talking about a game that with only 2 or 3 decent scenes made Riona hyperpopular and where the people is thirsty for every little time with Quinn, and blaming DPC because she's not a FMC.

Zoey is gonna have a full chapter for her. I don't like her now, yes, but I can't say that she is irrelevant because first of all, she is the ex of the MC and the only friend he has before the game, she is at least most important for the MC that every other girl in the game, and only less important than Neil for him, and second, we don't know a shit, we only saw a short sex scene and a picture of her with tattoos and... thats all. Just wait to the chapter before judging it, if DPC is doing it is for something.

Last edited:

Puzzle3005

Dec 3, 2021
Hello everyone!
Is there a Russian version of the game?
Please give a link if available.

Всем привет!
Есть русская версия игры?
Дайте ссылку пожалуйста если есть.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
this zoey chapter sounds horrendous, is this a flashback chapter or what?

if it's a flashback chapter i'll skip it, mc'll basically be a dork for 80% of it & then fuck zoey(shitty prize) at the end. I assume choices will be meaningless & that the plot doesn't affect anyone who is part of the BaD cast.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I see a lot of criticism with Zoey because she is irrelevant. Man, we are talking about a game that with only 2 or 3 decent scenes made Riona hyperpopular and when the people is thirsty for every little time with Quinn, and blaming because she is not a FMC.

Zoey is gonna have a full chapter for her. I don't like her now, yes, but I can't say that she is irrelevant because first of all, she is the ex of the MC and the only friend he has before the game, she is at least most important for the MC that every other girl in the game, and only less important than Neil for him, and second, we don't know a shit, we only saw a short sex scene and a picture of her with tattoos and... thats all. Just wait to the chapter before judging it, if DPC is doing it is for something.
for the time being she is in the story, or at least she is as much a part of Mc's past as the bullies he had to deal with.

then there's no female character who doesn't have her fans, so Zoey will have them too (but after the interlude, before it's just affective bulimia)

to say that she's more important than any other character is an exaggeration like saying she's irrelevant, it would be like saying the first girl (not even the first love) is more important than the following ones anyway

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
to say that she's more important than any other character is an exaggeration like saying she's irrelevant, it would be like saying the first girl (not even the first love) is more important than the following ones anyway
True, but also consider this; although in any given playthrough any given LI can be more important than Zoey, the reverse is also true. You can render any of the girls irrelevant by focusing on one or more others. Zoey's the ONLY girl for whom that is not true. She's already a part of your story, no matter what choices you made.

i woudn't say that makes her "most important," but I can see where he's coming from.

reidrigo

Jan 27, 2018
Is there a list with all english class words, or a program for generate english words with the selected leters?
My english just sucks, I just cant remember enough words for pass the tests.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
True, but also consider this; although in any given playthrough any given LI can be more important than Zoey, the reverse is also true. You can render any of the girls irrelevant by focusing on one or more others. Zoey's the ONLY girl for whom that is not true. She's already a part of your story, no matter what choices you made.

i woudn't say that makes her "most important," but I can see where he's coming from.
there is however a certain difference between past and present, then I'm not talking about MC (what's important for him is decided 40% by us and 60% by DPC, so it's not true that you can make a LI irrelevant, if it was like that, the thread would have half the pages), but in the story the past is only a premise to present the current story, so if she hadn't reappeared in the story, Zoey was worth less than Steve the shop bully, love or not love.

we'll see how important Zoey will be in MC life

reidrigo

Jan 27, 2018
That depends on who you ask.

Sixart: :geek: :rolleyes: :p :devilish:

Everyone else: The Official Walkthrough

:p
Thanks bro. I tried to search on the walkthroughs but unfortunately theres no words here (or I cant find it).

Btw, I find that cool site who find the words containing the selected letters.
Hope it help anybody else.

Last edited:

19you

Feb 17, 2020
Is it possible to download the game art? I have unlocked alot of the renders and want them for my wallpaper

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes