AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Rio on a CHIK affinity route? That's sorta surprising. Those stats look doable. What about all the Jill stuff? that's my issue with doing a non-Jill honest Rio run.

Maybe before E9 drops I'll take an honest run at it, and try not to let my heart grow a little cold when it comes to Jill.
Jill's problem like Maya and Josy is that the "Other" path is blocked... So what did I do to not play the game again from 0?

When I got to breakfast with Tommy, Heather, JB and Helena, I closed Maya and Josy's route.

I changed the variables, I didn't use the MOD, so the MC by default chose the "other" route, but of course you have to have those 4 routes active.

Apr 9, 2021
There is miscommunication. You're looking under your game install folder, this is the wrong place.

The file is here:

View attachment 1596395

%appdata%\RenPy\persistent

edit: It is plausible that the Steam copy saves it elsewhere, but this is where the Patreon version stores it
Thank you very much, it is much clearer now! I apologize for not understanding on the fly :sleep: :geek:

I can confirm that it is in the same folder for all installations of the game because is a Ren'py one

location.png

Reactions: Ilhares

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Rio on a CHIK affinity route? That's sorta surprising. Those stats look doable. What about all the Jill stuff? that's my issue with doing a non-Jill honest Rio run.

Maybe before E9 drops I'll take an honest run at it, and try not to let my heart grow a little cold when it comes to Jill.
Affinity or statut don't matter with Riona. As for Jill, if you don't kiss her on chap 4 or take it further on the couch in chap 5, she loses interest but they remain on friendly term no matter what your affinity is ( just like Sage or Bella ). You don't get the picnic scene but you can still help her with the recital if you practice her song.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He practically did the interlude halfway. The script and code are written. All his remaining work is rendering. I can't even imagine what should happen to him so that he doesn't have time to do it by mid-February. Not to mention March.
P.S. If we assume that his plan was 1000 renders for this update and he has already done 500. He does about 100 renders a week. That is, there are about 5 weeks left before the release of the game.
the testing phase this time will almost certainly be longer than usual, in the end DPC created the interlude for this very reason

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Jill's problem like Maya and Josy is that the "Other" path is blocked... So what did I do to not play the game again from 0?

When I got to breakfast with Tommy, Heather, JB and Helena, I closed Maya and Josy's route.

I changed the variables, I didn't use the MOD, so the MC by default chose the "other" route, but of course you have to have those 4 routes active.
Man, this sounds like it's going to be a science experiment. I also want all the screenshots and rewards of Riona I can get. I'm used to going to Bella's after the M/J thing. I guess I'll have to go Sage's or Derek's now. I hope attempting this isn't as aggravating as I feel like it could be.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Affinity or statut don't matter with Riona. As for Jill, if you don't kiss her on chap 4 or take it further on the couch in chap 5, she loses interest but they remain on friendly term no matter what your affinity is ( just like Sage or Bella ). You don't get the picnic scene but you can still help her with the recital if you practice her song.
Alright. That sounds good.

I'm trying not to make a big deal with this guys. In two other games, three in fact, I've been doing other routes and trying other things in-between updates. The amount of time it takes to go through this game, even with a WT, and going sort of out of character for me, is very big.

Going to have to use the CTRL/TAB thing to FF through Jill scenes because I don't want to see her sad or upset. Man, this is so unlike me with this game, at least for this one time.

Reactions: ename144

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
the testing phase this time will almost certainly be longer than usual, in the end DPC created the interlude for this very reason
Even if the testing takes a week, we still fit into February. In addition, he does much more than 100 renders per week. It's usually 120 or so. And 1000 renders is an assumption. His plan could be 600 or 800 renderers.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
What about Sage's stuff? Do I need to be on better terms with her or do I sort of ignore her as well? I mean, I am going for screenshots so I guess being friendly with Sage will help matters.

I just want to make sure if I am going to dedicate a few days to doing this, I get it right.

EDIT: Sorry mods and members for the triple post. :(

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Even if the testing takes a week, we still fit into February. In addition, he does much more than 100 renders per week. It's usually 120 or so. And 1000 renders is an assumption. His plan could be 600 or 800 renderers.
one week is the minimum time for testing... in case everything goes smoothly

this time there is to see how the saves pass from one season to another, on two different versions (I think that the Steam and Gog versions are practically equal)

the end of February or the beginning of March is the same, it is not a week that makes a difference

Kz87

Jun 19, 2017

This week I've been working on several different areas of the game, including renders, animations, and GUI/main menu updates.

I'm almost finished with the writing, I have a couple of more scenes left to write, and several coding tasks remain.

I believe I'm more than halfway done with static renders. I don't know how many animations I want yet.

Don't forget to submit questions for the Q&A event. It will be at least another year until you'll have this opportunity again. Ask your questions about the game and game development .

Patron milestone reward
It's time for part 6 of the patron milestone reward.

Each winning order has gotten a render so far, but there's more to come.

View attachment 1596344

Enjoy and have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Did Sally's breasts become bigger? She was flat chested iirc.

Apr 9, 2021
For anyone who IS having various or major issues with the game (especially with the Steam version).

This is the official steam thread that I think can help here on the forum and is nice to keep as a reference for anyone who wanted to start from scratch and reset the game entirely and didn't know the steps to do it (together with other problems/issues related to situational common occurrences), enjoy!

------------ | -------------

Dr PinkCake [developer] 20 feb 2020, 15:36 h | Having problems with the game on STEAM? Read this ↓

---

Please read through the post to find assistance to the most common issues.If your issue isn't listed here, please post a report in the bug reports forum. If you run into any error, the first thing you should try is to verify the game cache.

Try the following steps ↓

1. Right-click the game in your library

2. Select Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game files

Steam will download any missing files after the process has been completed. Relaunch the game and see if the problem persists.

---

| Problem #1 |: I don't see any animations when I play the game. I only see a black screen.

Solution: The game needs an audio device enabled to play animations. Enable output for sound and try playing the game again.

---

| Problem #2 |: The DLC guide won't open when I press the 'g' key.

Solution: Make sure that caps lock isn't active. Press Shift+Tab a couple of times, as the Steam overlay can cause the 'g' key to get stuck in capital letter mode. Pressing Shift+G one time can also fix this problem.

---

| Problem #3 |: I tried to patch the Steam version with Patreon code, and now my game doesn't start.

Solution: Anything from Patreon isn't compatible with the Steam version; you will have to delete everything in the installation folder and install the game from scratch to fix it.

---

| Problem #4 |: I tried to mod/cheat, and now my game doesn't work.

Solution: Mods and cheats aren't supported and will break your game. Delete everything in the installation folder and install the game from scratch to fix it. Your save files may break from modifying the game as well.

---

| Problem #5 |: I want to delete my save files; how do I do it?

Solution: When playing, open the save menu, hover any save, and press the delete key to delete saves.

---

| Problem #6 |: I want to reset all progress and start from the beginning; how do I do it?

Solution:

1. Close the game.

2. Right-click the game in your Steam library and select "Properties".

3. Uncheck the box "Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud for Being a Dik"

4. While still being in "Properties", click "Local files" and choose "Browse" to open the installation directory.

5. The save folder is found here "steamapps\common\Being a Dik\game\saves". To delete the collectibles, delete the file called "persistent". If you want to delete every save, delete the
entire directory.

6. Open "C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\RenPy". If you can't find AppData, make sure to "View>Hidden objects" in the file browser.

7. Delete the save files from the "C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BeingADIK-XXXX" folder.

8. Start the game, and your progress is reset.

---

| Problem #7 |: My achievements don't unlock; how do I fix this?

Solution: Follow the steps in problem #6, and make sure that you only delete the file called "persistent". Please note, deleting the persistent file will reset collectibles' progress. If you want to restore this after unlocking the achievements you couldn't get before, keep a backup of the "persistent" file someplace else and restore the file after you're done.

---

| Problem #8 |: My game is stuttering/lagging; how can I fix it?

Solution: There are several ways to try to fix this. Try the following and see if anything works for you.

1. In the game, turn off autosaving. This will remove any occasional stuttering caused by autosaving. Please note, it's recommended to save more often if you disable this feature.

2. Make sure that G-sync is turned off. If you have an NVIDIA GPU, you can turn it off in the NVIDIA control panel. Make sure that your monitor's refresh rate is set correctly from here as well.

3. While playing, press Shift+G and test the different render options to see if the stuttering is reduced. If it fails, make sure to revert the setting to Choose automatically.

4. Try playing the game in windowed mode and reduce the window size. If the stutter disappears, your PC specifications might be too low to get rid of the stuttering.

---

| Problem #9 |: My game is crashing due to memory errors; how can I fix it?

Solution: Try playing the game in windowed mode and reduce the window size.

If the game doesn't crash, your PC specifications might be too low to play fullscreen. If it still crashes, post a bug report with the error code in the bug reports forum.

---

| Problem #10 |: The upper left corner displays a text message that says "NO DC". How do I remove it?

Solution: Open NVIDIA control panel. Go to Manage 3d settings and change "Threaded Optimization" to "Auto".

---

------------ | -------------

Last edited:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
one week is the minimum time for testing... in case everything goes smoothly

this time there is to see how the saves pass from one season to another, on two different versions (I think that the Steam and Gog versions are practically equal)

the end of February or the beginning of March is the same, it is not a week that makes a difference
He tested episode 8 for two weeks. The interlude is much shorter. I would generally put the interlude release without testing or testing in 2-3 days. Because there is nothing to test there. Obviously, the main testing phase will begin when the game is released on the patreon and he will collect feedback from patrons, correcting errors.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
He tested episode 8 for two weeks. The interlude is much shorter. I would generally put the interlude release without testing or testing in 2-3 days. Because there is nothing to test there. Obviously, the main testing phase will begin when the game is released on the patreon and he will collect feedback from patrons, correcting errors.
I'm glad you're optimistic at least because I was stunned when I first looked at his numbers in the update. I just want to get this Interlude salad over with as soon as we can so DPC can get back to preparing the filet mignon main course that everyone really wants.

Did Sally's breasts become bigger? She was flat chested iirc.
Yeah, she is approaching Josy size in this shot. Previusly they were almost completely flat. Lying on her back should make them look even more flat, not less. Again, as previously stated, DPC going at it with the body sliders for the girls. FFS, just maintain the originally established jubb sizes dude. Sally doesn't need an increase. Everyone is fine as they were. A good mix of small, medium, large.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Yeah, she is approaching Josy size in this shot. Previusly they were almost completely flat. Lying on her back should make them look even more flat, not less. Again, as previously stated, DPC going at it with the body sliders for the girls. FFS, just maintain the originally established jubb sizes dude. Sally doesn't need an increase. Everyone is fine as they were. A good mix of small, medium, large.
I can testify to this statement. I love Sally's non-existent chesticles. I don't need to hot-dog every set of mammaries that I see in game. I'm perfectly fine with MC rubbing his over-sized "nut cannon" on some nipples.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
In the last chapter she made an incredible aesthetic leap, in my opinion.

but a really significant improvement even compared to the seventh chapter, I would like to understand DAZ to see if it has changed something or is just an improvement in hardware
I've been saying from v0.1 that Riona would clean up real nice. That overdone eye makeup she often wears absolutely didn't do her beauty justice.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
What about Sage's stuff? Do I need to be on better terms with her or do I sort of ignore her as well? I mean, I am going for screenshots so I guess being friendly with Sage will help matters.
It doesn't really matter. If you're on Sage path and choose to stay with her instead of Derek or Bella in the end of ep3, you'll have some scenes with the HOTs during the freeroam in ep4, including some chatting with Riona :

ep4_morning_talk_sage47.jpg ep4_fr_riona_event6.jpg ep4_fr_riona_event28.jpg

But that's not really relevant. It doesn't improve your relationship with Riona since she doesn't have RP points. The same way, if you don't accept Quinn's offer, you won't get Riona's first lewd scenes in ep1,3 & 5 but again that's not a key point for Riona ( and considering you're pretty uncomfortable with the prostitution part, it would probably be more enjoyable for you if you don't take the number ).

The most crucial things to do is to talk with her about Cathy cluck and kiss her in EP4. Then confront her and give her money in EP5. She'll start to like the MC which leads to "her path".

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes